• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
With the Direct closing by we have to ask ourselves this...

Are we going to be saints? (Sainte)
Or are we going to be Grinches? (Grunch)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
We only have about 10 left, so I'm thinking we might not see anything aside from a few returning AT's. Kat & Ana and both KI ATs are missing, and I highly doubt either were cut.

But at the risk of being bashed, I think one of the banner characters will end up as an AT. Part of me wants to say Shadow just because he's already been one twice before, but man, he's perfect Echo material (and I say "perfect" in the sense that him being an Echo might be the only way we're getting more Sonic reps).
Oh yeah, I’m also pretty certain Mach Rider will be an AT for sure. They’re on the bike ALL THE TIME, unlike Wario who can pull it out at will.

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
Well here is a prediction: By the end of the day we will have hit 7000 pages.

I know it might be a lot to take in but it is possible.
That's almost assured to be honest

Hey also, it's weird to think that this thread has been going on since April 2016. That feels like soooooo long ago!! When the game got announced I'm pretty sure there were just a couple hundred pages or so, maybe less. This is trully a Feast of Content.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
I mean.... bro, I have a black friend and they sling 'that word' around all the time, and one of my favorite shows of all time is The Boondocks.

That's 'their' word.
Isn't that show satire a lot of the time? Characters in the show using it a lot would most likely be to point out how ridiculous a group owning a word is in the first place.

D

Deleted member

I'm expecting an assist trophy that hypes me up a lot AND an assist trophy that makes my heart break for someone

I don't really personally get disappointed by them but I have a lot of friends who would so that would be my framing for "sad" ATs.
The only way an assist trophy can break me is if it is Crash Bandicoot.

But that would need a huge crap to happen, like Madden Player being the Activision rep, so i want to believe that he won't be an assist if he gets in.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, I’m also pretty certain Mach Rider will be an AT for sure. They’re on the bike ALL THE TIME, unlike Wario who can pull it out at will.
We only have about 10 left, so I'm thinking we might not see anything aside from a few returning AT's. Kat & Ana and both KI ATs are missing, and I highly doubt either were cut.

But at the risk of being bashed, I think one of the banner characters will end up as an AT. Part of me wants to say Shadow just because he's already been one twice before, but man, he's perfect Echo material (and I say "perfect" in the sense that him being an Echo might be the only way we're getting more Sonic reps).
I don’t know... It would be sad to see one of the Banner characters going to be AT. Though I would love to have Mach Rider more than Shadow since it would be interesting character to play.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Yeah, I'm kind of banking on Mach Rider being an AT, too. I just find it a lil odd wondering how one could make Mach Rider playable on a bike all the time. And a bike would work differently than say...Bowser Jr.'s Clown Car.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I know Smash 64 had a different approach to newcomers but = :ultfalcon:

Also, retro characters always have weird new stuff, like how Popo and Nana act together.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster

I hope not, since that's the only deconfirmation that could possibly hurt me a bit. It does seem very likely though.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm gonna put my 2 cents on the mach rider thing, and say that yes, (S)he will be an assist. It's the best way to represent the original game

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I'm kind of banking on Mach Rider being an AT, too. I just find it a lil odd wondering how one could make Mach Rider playable on a bike all the time. And a bike would work differently than say...Bowser Jr.'s Clown Car.
They could still pull a Captain Falcon.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The only way an assist trophy can break me is if it is Crash Bandicoot.

But that would need a huge crap to happen, like Madden Player being the Activision rep, so i want to believe that he won't be an assist if he gets in.
Nah fam Crash gets to be DLC but the assist trophy is WONKY ****! EVERY SATURDAY AT 9:13! WHY 9:13? BECAUSE WONKY **** DOESN'T GET TIMEZONES! WITH HIS FIRST EPISODE BEING WONKY **** GOES TO THE POST OFFICE!

Someone please know what I'm talking about

Danpal65

Smash Lord
I don’t know... It would be sad to see one of the Banner characters going to be AT. Though I would love to have Mach Rider more than Shadow since it would be interesting character to play.
I guess with that sort of situation it's worth remembering that it is the "leaker's" fault that you'd be disappointed with that and not the development team.

I can't believe we're this close to the final Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct though!?!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
At the very least if Isaac is indeed an AT again, we should at least get Matthew or Felix as playable so GS can finally get a playable rep

D

Deleted member

Nah fam Crash gets to be DLC but the assist trophy is WONKY ****! EVERY SATURDAY AT 9:13! WHY 9:13? BECAUSE WONKY **** DOESN'T GET TIMEZONES! WITH HIS FIRST EPISODE BEING WONKY **** GOES TO THE POST OFFICE!

Caddicarus?

Shroob

Sup?
I swear to god if Sakurai destroys all forms of speculation as we know it, or in fact confirms one of our many leaks.... but DOESN'T say "These are your final new challengers..."

This place is going to have a meltdown.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Uhh... Gwen?
You okay?
I swear to god if Sakurai destroys all forms of speculation as we know it, or in fact confirms one of our many leaks.... but DOESN'T say "These are your final new challengers..."

This place is going to have a meltdown.
Oh, you bet it will

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Hmmmm...... is everyone suddenly on TeamFake? I see more people calling Mach Rider an assist now.
It is ironic now I feel being TeamReal is the only way to get Isaac :urg:

Last edited:

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice
Assist Trophy: Papyrus and Sans. Papyrus hops around on the stage using weak-middling (or gravity increasing blue?) attacks and bantering with Sans, who stands in the background doing nothing.

If anyone KOs Papyrus, Sans gives them a Bad Time.

Has a basic use of Undertale's morality system, and gives us an opportunity for more of that patented Toby Fox skeleton comedy routine.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Guys, I'd like to ask of you. What will you be doing to pass the time unill the direct starts?

As for me, I'm rewatching the Smash Direct in August. What about you?

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
They could still pull a Captain Falcon.
True. That's not out of the realm of possibilities. I'm sure there'd possibly be potential for like a Falcon, Wario (bike), and ZSS hybrid of sorts maybe. It's just my thoughts automatically go to him/her being on the bike all the time. Which would be perfect for an AT.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I mean, Mach Rider makes SENSE as an AT, but this leak is kinda the whole reason we've been talking about him. Needless to say, if the Grinch is fake, there really wouldn't be anything that suggests Mach Rider is an AT.

It's hard to admit, but I think the odds of Shadow and/or Isaac returning as an AT are actually higher than Mach Rider being a brand new AT.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The only reason Excitebiker was not considered for Melee was because they couldn't figure out a way to make him jump, and his restrictions were just the same as Mach Rider's.

Given the Mad Max environment Mach's in, it's easy to think of a bunny hop for the first jump, and then Mach just jumps off the bike completely for the double jump. And then a bike-less Mach Rider has a whole different set of aerials to use until Mach lands and summons the bike again. Easy.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I hope Mach Rider is one of the playable one. Either her/him or Excitebiker. A fighter who exclusively uses a bike could be really fun (their back throw could be forcing the other player under the back wheel and have them be propelled backwards by the spinning tyre). Also if Mach Rider is getting a stage (probably not happening) it could be Excitebike, as that's a much more recognisable game.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
If that Gaming Intel article is true then I wouldn’t be surprised if Banjo is DLC to accompany the supposed N64 classic.

But while Gaming Intel is spot on about directs, idk their track record with anything else. So who knows what’s gonna happen.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Hmmmm...... is everyone suddenly on TeamFake? I see more people calling Mach Rider an assist now.
It is ironic now I feel being TeamReal is the only way to get Isaac :urg:
I'm still on Team Real, as I think there's a 75% chance the Grinch leak is correct. Though, all these conflicting rumors are driving me crazy.

I just can't wait until just a little over 2 hours from now, there will no longer be Team Real or Team Fake--it'll just be Team Smash.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Guys, I'd like to ask of you. What will you be doing to pass the time unill the direct starts?

As for me, I'm rewatching the Smash Direct in August. What about you?
I'd been playing Thousand Year Door but just called it a day. Currently watching Gamexplain's predictions.

Untouch

Smash Master
Just read that gaming intel article.
This has been a wild ride up until release hasn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom