• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Jeez? Get back her early this morning and I see page 6969 has passed.

Then I see that not everyone posted “Nice.” As was directed. For SHAME Smashboards. For shame!

Well anyway, looking forward to 10am. Teaching a class, but my watch will keep me updated and i’m going to try and keep my phone visible and on the Direct.

Hopefully this place isn’t Saltboards afterwards.
I genuinely didn't recognize you with your new avatar.
Scol how could you confuse me like this

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My hopes for bosses:
- Majora’s Wrath, if Skull Kid is playable
- Telethia the Endbringer
- Sephiroth (gets the Rathalos treatment and is also an AT)
- Black Knight (same as above)
- Hades (if Medusa is playable)
- Deathborn (if Black Shadow is playable)
- Garon’s dragon form
- Dr. Eggman in any mech that isn’t the bloody Egg Viper that gave me so many headaches in Sonic Adventure
- it’ll prob never happen but Senator Armstrong because NANOMACHINES, SON
- Young Balder? Or Loptr

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I want every leak to be completely decimated right out of the gates. Within the first 3 minutes I hope we get some sort of character trailer that just throws a wrench in every prediction.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I‘m sitting here in a boring room,
It‘s just before a direct in the afternoon
I‘m wasting my time, got lots of work to do
I feel so anxious, expecting Geno
But nothing really happens...and I wonder...

I Wonder how, i wonder why
Few years back we looked at the clouds in the sky
And all that we could see,
Was just another villains team

I‘am shaking my head
Up and down
I Turn i Turn i Turn i Turn ist around
And all that i can see
Is just the fancy Grinch leak

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Jeez? Get back her early this morning and I see page 6969 has passed.

Then I see that not everyone posted “Nice.” As was directed. For SHAME Smashboards. For shame!

Well anyway, looking forward to 10am. Teaching a class, but my watch will keep me updated and i’m going to try and keep my phone visible and on the Direct.

Hopefully this place isn’t Saltboards afterwards.
[Edit] Mostly it was spam. But at least 1-2 pages were good morning or hype for 6969 page...

I actually wonder... When the Direct starts and this form is going to be flooded with post, are you mods going to concentrate watching the Direct or Form more?

Last edited:

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
The biggest question mark for me in this direct is still Spirits mode. That's like, the one big unknown factor I can think of for which there haven't been any credible leaks. I'm really excited for the fate of the grinch but honestly just give me something cool for the new mystery mode and add as few more characters as you like Sakurai.

D

Deleted member

I’ll be honest, I haven’t been a fan of etika’s reactions this time around. It really felt like, especially with isabelle’s reveal, that he was just faking his reactions and he didn’t actually care. I suppose that would fit in with him saying he has to act a certain way for his fan base.

Shroob

Sup?
I’ll be honest, I haven’t been a fan of etika’s reactions this time around. It really felt like, especially with isabelle’s reveal, that he was just faking his reactions and he didn’t actually care. I suppose that would fit in with him saying he has to act a certain way for his fan base.
Oh, I think EVERYONE knows he's faking it, but it's fun. It's like a stage play. You know what you're seeing is fake, but you still watch it.

Though I do think a lot of his reactions to "EVERYONE IS HERE" were legit. He seemed utter dumbfounded at Young Link and Pichu since he didn't see them in the trailer.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
I don't remember who said it, but Nairo couldn't sleep, so he's up and streaming and will be watching the direct with his chat for those who were interested.

D

Deleted member

Oh, I think EVERYONE knows he's faking it, but it's fun. It's like a stage play. You know what you're seeing is fake, but you still watch it.

Though I do think a lot of his reactions to "EVERYONE IS HERE" were legit. He seemed utter dumbfounded at Young Link and Pichu since he didn't see them in the trailer.

Like the WWE.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I don't know about the veracity of the idea of the N64 Classic being announced today in this Direct, but the idea itself is of merit.

An Ultimate Smash Bros. would allude back to its origins on the N64, would it not?

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
Etika's K.Rool reaction was the worst and very fake. Glad I didn't see the Isabelle one, because that sounds even worse. Cloud's was his last "legit" reaction, because I think everyone was reacting the same way at that moment. Nobody expected Cloud to ever be in Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Etika's K.Rool reaction was the worst. Cloud's was the last "legit" reaction, because I think everyone was reacting the same way at that moment. Nobody expected Cloud to ever be in Smash Bros.
Define legit.

Because Corrin 'is' his 'barefoot waifu'. I think 'no one' expected Corrin after their game had only been out, what, 6 months in Japan?

D

Deleted member

Eh, for me knowing his reactions really weren’t that genuine kinda takes the fun out of it. His e3 reaction was alright though.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I wonder how lopsided Fake vs. Real would be if Cloud was not in 4, and the first instance we have of him was from this leaked mural.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Welp, the chat on Nintendo Twitch channel is only about Waluigi, Chain Chomp, and other random post...

Anywho, what AT characters you guys think will be coming? I think we might get another Indie character.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
I don't know about the veracity of the idea of the N64 Classic being announced today in this Direct, but the idea itself is of merit.

An Ultimate Smash Bros. would allude back to its origins on the N64, would it not?
Either way I'm opening a tab on Amazon with the search results for Nintendo 64 Classic and F5ing it to hell and back because I need it asap if it's announced and I need to beat the stupid scalpers it'll attract.

But yes it'd bring everything full circle especially with Banjo in it. (Hopefully)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
A good chunk of those posts were deleted as spam, actually.
DELETE MORE SO WE CAN STILL MAKE IT

Also if Dante gets in and people get salty about him for whatever reason I'll just be like "WATCH THE NEWCOMERS BUT NEVER FOLLOW IF YOU WANT TO BELIEVE TOMORRIW. DLC IS A SECOND CHAAAANCE. BUT YOUR FAV WILL NEVER BE IN SMAAAASH."

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Welp, the chat on Nintendo Twitch channel is only about Waluigi, Chain Chomp, and other random post...

Anywho, what AT characters you guys think will be coming? I think we might get another Indie character.
I think Saki is certain to return as an AT, we may get third party ATs like Chun-li, and for some reason I think Sans will be an AT too

D

Deleted member

A Nintendo 64 Classic would cure my dissapointment with the Playstation Classic.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
DELETE MORE SO WE CAN STILL MAKE IT

Also if Dante gets in and people get salty about him for whatever reason I'll just be like "WATCH THE NEWCOMERS BUT NEVER FOLLOW IF YOU WANT TO BELIEVE TOMORRIW. DLC IS A SECOND CHAAAANCE. BUT YOUR FAV WILL NEVER BE IN SMAAAASH."
You're just posting this only because you're mad that we didn't celebrate.

We did actually, but we got infractions in advance.

So, I will never be going to celebrate again, and that's going to final.

Can we discuss actual content and not spam to the milestone in the future?

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Honestly I had disliked Etika due to faked reactions(and his use of a certain word <_<). Like I like seeing people be excited for something but I don't like seeing that faked. Like I think my favorite reaction to Cloud was max because I know he is a huge FFVII fan and I could see genuine joy on his face as he figured it out.
Part of the fun of a reaction is...well their reaction, seeing how they react to it is the major point and faking it defeats that point for me.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly I had disliked Etika due to faked reactions(and his use of a certain word <_<). Like I like seeing people be excited for something but I don't like seeing that faked. Like I think my favorite reaction to Cloud was max because I know he is a huge FFVII fan and I could see genuine joy on his face as he figured it out.
Part of the fun of a reaction is...well their reaction, seeing how they react to it is the major point and faking it defeats that point for me.
I mean.... bro, I have a black friend and they sling 'that word' around all the time, and one of my favorite shows of all time is The Boondocks.

That's 'their' word.

D

Deleted member

Friendly reminder that i don't see Shantae as an indie character, but i am still open to her in Smash.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You're just posting this only because you're mad that we didn't celebrate.

We did actually, but we got infractions in advance.

So, I will never be going to celebrate again, and that's going to final.

Can we discuss actual content and not spam to the milestone in the future?
Nonono, I wanted this page to STAY on 6969 so that the 69th character gets confirmed when this thread is STILL on 6969. Then we can go "Bara cat. Nice" or whatever for all I care

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Well here is a prediction: By the end of the day we will have hit 7000 pages.

I know it might be a lot to take in but it is possible.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
At least you guys know what to do, unlike actual huge sites like niconico who don't know how to handle DDoS attacks, haha.

Good luck to ya'll staffers come a few hours.
Thanks. We will need it.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

We only have about 10 left, so I'm thinking we might not see anything aside from a few returning AT's. Kat & Ana and both KI ATs are missing, and I highly doubt either were cut.

But at the risk of being bashed, I think one of the banner characters will end up as an AT. Part of me wants to say Shadow just because he's already been one twice before, but man, he's perfect Echo material (and I say "perfect" in the sense that him being an Echo might be the only way we're getting more Sonic reps).

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm expecting an assist trophy that hypes me up a lot AND an assist trophy that makes my heart break for someone

I don't really personally get disappointed by them but I have a lot of friends who would so that would be my framing for "sad" ATs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom