• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I just saw a youtube ad for a car that was narrated by the spanish voice actor for Batman.

That made me smile.

Treked

Smash Cadet
NNID
3DS FC
4296-3633-4104
Switch FC
SW-3184-5921-0328
I think I'll watch some speed-runs (probably something from Games Done Quick) to get through the next hour and a half. Any suggestions?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O0TMFbI8cc
I recently watched this one as I was trying to do the time trials in Tropical Freeze. It was fun though with Funky Kong added on the Switch version kinda gives me flashbacks of Mario Kart Wii.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Hey, Young Link. Excited for the direct? We're only a few hours away!

... What's that you've got there? Is that your ocarina?

Ha ha what're you doing, that sounds like the Song of Ti-

-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STOPSTOPSTOPSTOP-

>AV >AV

TheBlue10

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SweetBlueMemory
3DS FC
2466-7799-9439
Switch FC
SW 2878-1317-0108
For everyone saying "Good morning".
MORI-MORI-MORI MORI-OH CHO RADIO~! (We love Morioh Cho...)

"Good morning, it's a beautiful day here in Smash Land..."
I love you for this

KMDP

Smash Legend
I think I'll watch some speed-runs (probably something from Games Done Quick) to get through the next hour and a half. Any suggestions?
As for me, turns out NicoB posted the first episode of a Majora's Mask playthrough (maybe it's a sign! *shot*) while I was asleep, so I might watch that while I wait.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
you know.. i do kinda appreciate all this misinformation, since certainly have kept the prospects of the direct exciting.

Still i would advise going to the direct ith your expectations low... personally i think it will be a lot more than just characters.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Ima just watch some Naruto till the direct starts.
Though I wish I didn’t feel so compelled to sit through this filler
And I wish they didn’t change the theme already

But let’s hope for a good direct, everybody.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ima just watch some Naruto till the direct starts.
Though I wish I didn’t feel so compelled to sit through this filler
And I wish they didn’t change the theme already

But let’s hope for a good direct, everybody.
I should watch some My Hero, I still need to catch up.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
I wish that the Nintendo Direct would enable chat for their livestream, but I found a Youtuber's livestream with chat so I'll probably watch that so I can fangirl with everyone.

D

Deleted member

The best OVA is the trailer for Crash 2.

It was bigger, deeper and even wider than Jojo.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Welp, I think it's time for me to head out. But I thought I'd say something before leaving. You guys reminded me why I joined Smashboards in the first place. I'm usually a shut in who has trouble talking with people and conversating, and I can't remember the last time I interacted and talked with people. Not this long, not this much, or anything like that. Time's when things finally settled and chilled, I felt right at home in this thread. You guys may have convinced me to drop on in more often than not and try and become more active here.

All these friendly faces put a smile on mine and make me happy that I decided to pop in (albeit really late as the Grinch Leak is what interested me enough to come back). Thanks for the last couple of days and I hope you all end up enjoying the direct. Whether you get your most wanted newcomer or not. I will be back, though. But I'll dip for now~♪

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Forgive me for not knowing about the detail, but if I may ask, what is this 'Still waiting for Mother 3 like she said...'? Did she say something about Mother 3?
Back in 2016 she and another person claimed Mother 3 was coming west.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Be careful, mods can treat such posts as spam.

I kinda burned out of anime last year, but I still want to take a look at the Golden Wind.
Golden Wind is a 10/10 so far tbh, the ending to the last episode was nailed perfectly.

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
The quiet before the storm. Pleasing really. Judgment Day is here. Fear it! Believe in it! It’s almost upon us!

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
As I've said many many times, I truly believe the Grinch leak is real and that's whats gonna come true. If not, it's the single greatest fake leak for any video game since Tails is playable in melee or "L is Real" for super mario 64. It would live on in infamy and render any future leaks for any new smash game basically null and void without concrete video proof and a literal boatload of evidence.

Edit: Thinking about it even more, the ****ing grinch of ALL things was the best possible thing to happen to the smash community, hear me out.

IF IT'S RIGHT: We get an amazing roster, glorious memes, and we will all realize insiders are absolutely BTFO sometimes and dreams come true.
IF IT'S WRONG: Leaks from here on out will be disregarded almost immediately without unbelievable evidence, we will not be spoiled and any insiders who got everything right should rightfully be given a warm reception and apologies.

This is a win-win situation for Smash folks.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I hope Etika does a reaction video.

His reaction to the grinch leak was priceless.

Plus he's always hyping for a Goku reveal.

D

Deleted member

The OVA masterpiece that is the Crash 2 trailer is so good, that you shouldn’t wear tight pants in case they rip up from the hype.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Well, it's the final countdown. With everything up in the air, I wish everyone luck in getting their most wanted. Here's to this direct being the best one ever!

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
I don't want to throw any wild accusations around, but if the banner turns out to be fake, I hope we get an explanation from a certain someone; a certain someone who's alleged inside source is the only one to think that the banner is completely correct; who made videos offering very strange and seemingly nonsensical explanations on how it could simultaneously not conflict with Vergeben's claims; who claimed that a retro character with little support was really the most likely overlooked character who just happens to appear on the banner (along with a certain other character with whom they share part of their username).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom