• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I am Hyped. I hope Shadow Get's announced as an echo fighter for sonic.
I'd say thats incredibly likely, even if the leak turns out to be fake.

No matter what, I still think Ken and Shadow are absolute locks for the game.
Geno too. I think those three are safe.

Jgt044

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wii U: Jgt044
3DS FC
1005-9641-7502
Okay Everyone!

I've finally finished the second poster!

The amount of users is more than doubled from the last image, but once again I couldn't get everyone unfortunately. I did give a few shout-outs to those I couldn't draw though!

Warning, it's quite long. If you wanna see all of it you're gonna hafta scroll. It's so big the quality looks a little fuzzy :laugh:.

But that's besides the point, I know you're all eager to see it! So without further ado, I give you!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

Oh my goodness, this is amazing. Thank you so much! You don't know how much this means to me haha

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Out of no where reveal idea:
Sakurai: I know our slogan was Everyone is Here, but that is an impossible task for any one development team, so we are reaching out to you, the fans to finish our dream. Introducing the Ultimate Character Creator, where you can create your own Echo Fighters based on any character in the roster. *goes into details about this super indepth character creator* We will be continually adding features and cosmetics to allow you to further customize these fighters to and hope that with your help, truly everyone will be able to smash.
if this was real i think i would actually die and come back to life

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Actual, serious question. Why do Insiders seem to have all of this information on characters and even nuances like who is an Assist Trophy, but no information on the remaining modes and single player?

I feel like those are pretty big features not often rumored or discussed by them, but they know Mach Rider or Shadow or whatever (just examples) are Assist trophies?

Not trying to throw shade. Genuinely curious
I would imagine that it probably is because there isnt much interest from fans to ask about it. Probably insiders right now are covered with so many questions about characters that they probably havent noticed if there are any questions about other stuff.

It could also be because they dont want to spoil the spirit mode out of respect to Sakurai.

Or its simply because this fandom is mostly centered around characters and that is what is spoken about the most.

At least, those are my three guesses.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
If we're not getting many more newcomers I'm expecting some kind of new costume montage: costumes would make it feel like there were more newcomers, even if there technically aren't. Plus them holding back with that craft Yoshi alt makes me feel that costumes will be a bigger deal this time round.
Hopefully we get more alt-costumes post launch. There's too many to pass up. Samus especially needs her Prime suit.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Isaac is not going to be an Assist Trophy. If he returns it's because the demand will have been heard. I am honestly certain Isaac's in. Not a lock but likely.

Ken is obviously playable this isn't a question, ACTUAL lock

Shadow: see Isaac

If Geno is in that means they got the right to his character. They would not make ****ing GENO an AT

Banjo-Kazooie would not be an Assist Trophy, this is obvious

Chorus Kids would be incredibly out of place as an Assist Trophy

Mach Rider is possible I guess, for an AT

Only real AT options imo are Chorus Kids and Mach Rider
Have we learned any lessons at all for this speculation cycle? Who would have thought Dark Samus would end up playable a year ago? How likely was Ridley seen as being after Sakurai outright said Ridley was too big? How many people thought Castlevania would legitimately be the next third-party series added to Smash a year ago? Remember people debating who was going to be cut earlier this year? Who thought that Young Link and/or Pichu would ever be on a Smash Bros. roster again?

Ashley was also seen as highly likely a few months ago.

Hindsight is always 20/20, but we need evaluate that many things that we think might not happen, could happen.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I just realized...

After tomorrow, we're probably going to see the full build of Ultimate at the Treehous Live event.
That means that the Nintendo Live event the day after could also be the final build.

We might get gameplay for all the unseen characters VERY soon.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
***** mentioned the possibility of him being DLC briefly, but never elaborated on it.
I've been waiting, and nobody's taking the bait. I'll take one for the team.

Who's *****? :troll:

Out of no where reveal idea:
Sakurai: I know our slogan was Everyone is Here, but that is an impossible task for any one development team, so we are reaching out to you, the fans to finish our dream. Introducing the Ultimate Character Creator, where you can create your own Echo Fighters based on any character in the roster. *goes into details about this super indepth character creator* We will be continually adding features and cosmetics to allow you to further customize these fighters to and hope that with your help, truly everyone will be able to smash.
Making mods official would be the most amazing thing ever. (though we'll perhaps have to stick to Mii Fighters...)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The one week I don't have class on Thursday morning.

This really is the best timeline.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I honestly think that if the banner is fake, the "at least 1 other character" that seems to be rumored by people may be Dante.

I'd be pretty surprised but I feel like Capcom is bound to get another newcomer and not only Ken.

This is me playing devils advocate though. Team banner leak!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I hope I get good tags like from Animal Crossing. This is the same situation. Was prepared to get sad, told myselg "nah Animal crossing aint happening" and then it happend.

I hope its the same for the 1st and a character I want

*flips the table insted of knocking on it*

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
New fandom war: People fighting with each other to be in Season 3 poster. :chuckle:

(please don't actually do that)
We'll start getting leakers who say they have sources close to Noipoi Noipoi who claim with varying degrees of certainty that _____ is in.

All the while people try to share blurred, offscreen photos of something bright and colorful that resembles his work, only to have it nitpicked and combed over by the community to find mistakes and differences from his usual style.

And Incineroar is in it for some reason.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Have we learned any lessons at all for this speculation cycle? Who would have thought Dark Samus would end up playable a year ago? How likely was Ridley seen as being after Sakurai outright said Ridley was too big? How many people thought Castlevania would legitimately be the next third-party series added to Smash a year ago? Remember people debating who was going to be cut earlier this year? Who thought that Young Link and/or Pichu would ever be on a Smash Bros. roster again?

Ashley was also seen as highly likely a few months ago.

Hindsight is always 20/20, but we need evaluate that many things that we think might not happen, could happen.
This is a bit different than getting ****ing Banjo-Kazooie as an Assist Trophy I think you know that

Not trying to be rude at all just trying to emphasize

All those things you noted are incredibly positive things, that the majority of fans wanted or were glad with.
Any of those picks as Assist Trophies except Mach and CK would do nothing but disgruntle the fanbase this game is geared to.

But I'm sure I'm ****ing myself over anyway lol. Thank you for keeping me grounded.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
That's 13 more minutes...

Buckle up lads.
Seriously, if you take all the banner characters that's 12-15 minutes. However, we could get the same amount but not the same characters, or it can be a longer Direct with few characters spread out. But it does make it plausible.

*I want to believe*

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
All I am hoping for is a demo after the Direct ends.

Even if it had limited plays

I beg of ya.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Man I want Mach Rider to be playable i won't deny that she does seem likely as a AT

Geno, Issac, are in.

What about Rayman I wonder?

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
I know that the direct being 40 minutes seems to hint at a lot of characters, but in reality, we know almost nothing about this game. We know characters and stages, and a lot about the main Smash mode, but we know nothing about the side modes, especially 'Spirits'. That's what's going to take up time. So if this direct ends and all we have is Incineroar, Ken Steve and maybe Geno, don't get mad.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
All I am hoping for is a demo after the Direct ends.

Even if it had limited plays

I beg of ya.
Just never turn off your switch. That's was our trick for us, the blessed 3DS messiah :4pacman:

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I feel like if the leak is real, only Banjo would need a solo trailer anyway.
The rest of the newcomers could be part of a super big trailer for the potential new story mode, if there is one.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is a bit different than getting ****ing Banjo-Kazooie as an Assist Trophy I think you know that

All those things you noted are incredibly positive things, that the majority of fans wanted or were glad with.
Any of those picks as Assist Trophies except Mach and Banjo would do nothing but disgruntle the fanbase this game is geared to.

But I'm sure I'm ****ing myself over anyway lol. Thank you for keeping me grounded.
I’d be a bit disgruntled if Mach rider was an assist trophy, and I’m pretty sure I account for at least 78.3% of the fan base.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

Any of those picks as Assist Trophies except Mach and Banjo would do nothing but disgruntle the fanbase this game is geared to.

Banjo-Kazooie is the only one of those (aside from the basically leaked Ken) that would be incredibly bizarre to be in as an Assist Trophy. For the others it is certainly credible for various reasons.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Last thing I gotta say before I head for work.

After everything we’ve seen and heard. You mean to tell me that ALL of these insiders had this information. Held onto it all this time. And now suddenly this leak happens and they ALL come out with various naysays/variances on said leak?

Yeah. That’s damning to me, in my opinion.

Seeya all on the flip side.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I was just thinking, and a little connection came in my head.

Let’s say during this direct, they reveal all of the remaining characters. It’d make sense that they’d like to have all the promotional material with the newly completed banner ready to go right away.

The leak happened only about a week ago, meaning another assumed claim of the leak is that the mural was just printed a week ago, a week before the Smash Direct happened to be.

Hmmmmm....

And before anyone says they might have been printed much early, I doubt they’d just leave confidential and sensitive pieces just lying around like that in some guy’s office for no more than a day.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I feel like of the leak is real, only Banjo would need a solo trailer anyway.
The rest of the newcomers could be part of a super big trailer for the potential new story mode, if there is one.
Nah fam

Geno and Banjo are quite enough for their own trailer. I can see Shadow and Ken getting something combined

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom