• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Looks like pre-release Smash Ultimate speculation is going to come to an end soon and man is it going to go down in history. This has been such a crazy rollercoaster in such a short amount of time and I'm glad I lived to see it alongside other people in the community. Isaac being in is the perfect conclusion to this hype train I'm hoping for so let's see what happens. The results from this direct are going to be very interesting

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
This direct announcement alongside the Grinch leak feels like the perfect hype storm.

Regarding the banner, Emily from Resetera just said this a few minutes ago.

She has a (very) shaky history, but she did directly hint at Ultimate's name before E3. Take her words as you will.
Well dang, I have been keeping my eye on Emily ever since she said the statement of the roster making fans happy.

I will take her word.

Do you guys think Etika's channel will be up until the direct or it's dead for good? That guy lives for smash, so...
I seriously hope so.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
What it currently feels like to be a Geno fan after random "insiders" have suggested Shadow, Isaac, Chorus Kids, and Mach Rider are actually assist trophies and that Banjo isn't even in game in the last 24 hours:

View attachment 173677
Which insider said that (suggesting Banjo's not in)? I know where the others are coming from, but somehow that one slipped me by. :p

D

Deleted member

goddamn y'all this has been one hell of a ride
real or fake this has been a wild hype cycle. feel bad for eric brinard tho

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Lmao this whole insider thing makes no sense. How come so many are coming forth with information after the leak? Why didn’t they say how many characters they knew before?

Also, someone’s sources are gonna be wrong after all this. Papageno’s source says all are in and Incineroar is DLC. Mystic’s says that it’s like 5 of the characters plus Incineroar. Vergeben has only said Ken and Incineroar. And there’s so many other combinations. Some just say it’s straight up fake. Gonna be mad interesting.
Verg said he never knew the entire roster, so he's closest to Mystic. I don't remember Mystic being very accurate though, I could be wrong.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
From that leak, Mach Rider turns out to be the only one I'm remotely interested in. And only if he's not always on the bike.

I already got Simon, who has been my most wanted since Brawl.

I'll mostly just be happy for Geno and Banjo fans. I've given them **** in the Brawl days for wanting what I perceived to be unnecessary characters at the time, but ten years later, I think they finally deserve to be in the roster now. For sure.
Same here. Mach Rider is all I really want (though I kind of want Chorus Kids because I think they'd be funny as heck)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh sure, let's cherry pick stuff from four years ago. It's not like she didn't leak the name of the game or anything like that.
That's one thing they got right.

Meanwhile, they got 3 games wrong.

I'm not saying they are completely unreliable, but they aren't saint either, so let's not say that they know for sure what is going to happen on Thursday.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If the Grinch leak is true, who will you guys be maining?
If... IF... it's true, then I guess I could begrudgingly main Geno (if I like how he plays) and enthusiastically main Banjo-Kazooie and Isaac. As for the others, I don't know yet.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Man, I'm still waiting for my copy of Mother 3.

Also, when are they going to release a port of Mario Kart 8 on the Switch? You think they have done that by now.
Just because she's been wrong before doesn't mean she's not worth our time. She's still gotten enough things right for us to at least consider the possibility of what she's saying is true. Besides, Jonneh is agreeing with her, so she's not alone in her opinions.

Seriously, you people are being too critical. I bet she could predict all of 2019 and people would still say, "LOL where's Mother 3, Emily?".

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Which insider said that (suggesting Banjo's not in)? I know where the others are coming from, but somehow that one slipped me by. :p
EuroGamer Writer RIGHT as the Direct was Announced.

kylexv

Smash Master
So the December 2015 Direct was 33 minutes long. What new stuff could they have talked about for 33 minutes a year after the game had come out? I can only think of Corrin and Bayonetta
Thing is Sakurai went into extensive detail about Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta for that direct. He also went into detail about Midgar and Umbra Clock Tower.
Sakurai spent almost half the direct on Bayonetta content being added to Smash 4.

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
So the December 2015 Direct was 33 minutes long. What new stuff could they have talked about for 33 minutes a year after the game had come out? I can only think of Corrin and Bayonetta
That direct was the reveal announcement of Corrin, and his/her moveset, Cloud's moveset, last bundle of Mii Costumes, and then reveal of Bayonetta and her moveset

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That's weird. Why would the banner show Assist Trophies?
One of the conspiracy theories going around is that the Grinch leaker was actually someone who saw extensive video footage of Ultimate and made guesses on playability on characters they saw but also made a few up before making the banner in their professional studio like some sort of neckbeard Michaelangelo. It's getting weird, man.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Thing is Sakurai went into extensive detail about Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta for that direct. He also went into detail about Midgar and Umbra Clock Tower.
Sakurai spent almost half the direct on Bayonetta content being added to Smash 4.
Goodness, 15 minutes on one characters seems a bit much

Syntherios

#MasterChief4DLC
NNID
Syntherios
Switch FC
SW-0693-8607-4207
Martinet is underrated as a voice actor.

Sure, we all love him as Mario... But nobody wants to remember his work in Skyrim.
He did a better job as that dragon character in Skyrim than he's ever done with Mario tbh. I really wish he would do more voice work in other games, though I think the reason he doesn't do that very often is because Nintendo puts a lot more zeroes on his paycheck compared to other companies lmao.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Also, fully prepared to only get Ken and Incineroar. Those are 100% expectations for me, while any others would be a good surprise.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
If Emily says Grinch leak is bunk then it looks like we're done. :/
She's literally parroting what Mystic said yesterday, his exact words.

In addition, like 12 hours ago, Mystic made a string of posts saying he had conflicting information anyway about the info he was dropping, so yeah, don't put too much stock in that

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Requiem is far from butchered its just a port of the two bonus games from the psp remaster... I mean i WISH the remaster was in it too but at least you get maria mode in SOTN. and better voice acting. and an actual translation of Rondo.
Yeah but like I said, no PS4 and plus I wanted to hear the old crappy voice acting lol. If it comes on Switch I'll rebuy since I do want to play Rondo as well.
So how would I be able to watch the direct later without getting spoiled? Is there a direct link?
My advice would be to turn off any potential notifications that could spoil you (YouTube, Twitter, Discord, etc.) and email yourself the link to the Direct. That way nothing will tell you what was announced and you can get a straight-shot to it without having to worry about YouTube recommendations or the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom