• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
Imagine this scenario:

>Direct is about to start
>The video starts with Link walking in an Adventure in a BOTW fashion
>Link steps on mud
>Realizes that he is on a swamp
>Link hears a whisper
>"It's all ogre now"
>A green fist punches Link
>Shrek is revealed
>"GET OUT OF MY SWAMP!" - Shrek yells
> allstar_smashmouth.mp3
>SHREK - OGRES IN
>The next 40 minutes of the direct is Sakurai talking about how he decided to add Shrek to the roster, a brief talk about Shrek's lore and the treehouse explains Shrek's moveset.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Just because she's been wrong before doesn't mean she's not worth our time. She's still gotten enough things right for us to at least consider what she's saying is true. Besides, Jonneh is agreeing with her, so she's not alone in her opinions.

Seriously, you people are being too critical. I bet she could predict all of 2019 and people would still say, "LOL where's Mother 3, Emily?".
I'm OK to take her view on the matter into consideration.

What I am not OK with is to be like she for sure know what's going to happen for sure, no one is perfect is what I'm saying.

Tho, if I seemed too much against her, can we atleast agree to be neutral on the direct? Take what the insider said into consideration but still be optimist?

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Only Ken and Incineroar was never a reported leak. Verg only said that he knew those two, not the full roster.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
The Direct is 40 minutes, eh? ...Suddenly, my confidence in the Grinch Leak has dropped. Also, I'm gonna be at work during the Direct and will have to watch it later... oh boy...

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Yeah but like I said, no PS4 and plus I wanted to hear the old crappy voice acting lol. If it comes on Switch I'll rebuy since I do want to play Rondo as well.

My advice would be to turn off any potential notifications that could spoil you (YouTube, Twitter, Discord, etc.) and email yourself the link to the Direct. That way nothing will tell you what was announced and you can get a straight-shot to it without having to worry about YouTube recommendations or the like.
So do they have link for it up already?

I’m planning on actually paying attention in class this time and not be on my phone, just so I don’t get spoiled lol.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
39-and-a-half minutes of pure Smash.
Welp. Looks like we're finally going to know practically everything about the game, boys and girls.

If the people who knew the Direct date also disagree with the Grinch, then this actually kind of hurts it IMO, but I'm still gonna hold out hope that we could possibly have all thpse characters.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Maybe the real drought was the friends we made along the way.
*looks at fallout from insiders*
Nvm.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Well things are aligning for the leak to be 100% fake...mmm this aint good, there will be torches and even a bigger cluster**** after the direct.

The typical "omg but we got so much and you strill crying, ****ing babies" then the "dude wtf, this direct was ****", "the lackluster newcomers"...

If something, unless the direct announces even a better roster than the leak suggests this is going to end bad either way, screencap this.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
So, knowing that there won't be any more smash directs..... how the furniture will look in this direct?

My 2 cents: a totally white room with nothing else but Sakurai sanding in the middle of nothingness as in Matrix.

Edit: maybe hinting a possible DLC post-release direct?

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
EuroGamer Writer RIGHT as the Direct was Announced.

Okay, I seriously understand the sentiment for these people being right. It can happen, it certainly has the likelyhood of happening.

But, imagine they're totally wrong in the end. What then? Are they going to go on the defense? All for Incineroar and a character they are claiming is an AT that nobody has yet to disclose?

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I wonder why all of the insiders say the grinch leak is fake. So strange. Something must have happened. All fed wrong info

D

Deleted member

*Sees Direct announcement*

It's time to end the madness.

Roster.

Spirits.

All of it will finally be made known. My only hope is that people will be civil, no matter what happens.

Syntherios

#MasterChief4DLC
NNID
Syntherios
Switch FC
SW-0693-8607-4207
Regardless of tomorrow's outcome, I think we can all agree that the "Grinch leak" will go down in history as the most polarizing and altogether bamboozling leak/fake in the history of Smash.

D

Deleted member

So, knowing that there will not be any more smash directs..... how the furniture will look in this direct?

My 2 cents: a totally white room with nothing else but Sakurai sanding in the middle of nothingness as in Matrix.
Sakurai standing in a strip club, dancing on a 39 1/2 foot long pole and covered in green paint while talking about the newest addition to the roster, the Grinch

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
40 minutes is so long. This really is the ultimate Smash, isn't it?
And during that time, Sakurai talks about Ken for 20 minutes, Incinaroar for 19 minutes, and Spirits mode for one minute. Then at the end he says, "Never ask me for anything ever again".

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Yeah.... I don’t buy into Isaac and Shadow being assist trophies again at all.

If Isaac was an AT again I’m sure he’d have already been revealed. Sakurai knows how requested he is and that he did well on the ballot. Also with the Rathalos tweet and the possible GS item in the game. I don’t see him ****ing with the fans like that and hiding Isaac until the last second to reveal an AT.

And Shadow makes perfect sense to be an Echo Fighter and we already have a Knuckles AT. Can’t see us getting two Sonic ATs.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
So, knowing that there won't be any more smash directs..... how the furniture will look in this direct?

Edit: maybe hinting a possible DLC post-release direct?
Only if he has sunglasses on

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
*Sees Direct announcement*

It's time to end the madness.

Roster.

Spirits.

All of it will finally be made known. My only hope is that people will be civil, no matter what happens.
The only way to stop the madness is to get the roster of the leak or something even better, something worse and youll see a beautiful perfect storm.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Ouch. I mean, he could've seen the announcement of the Direct right as it was posted and then seconds later made that post, maybe?
We can't really know for sure what he meant from just a thumbs down--could be speculation, could be he knows the entire Direct in exquisite detail, could just be emphasizing the leak is fake without knowing anything for sure about Banjo (how would someone know who's not in?). Given his shaky track record (along with Emily), I'll stick with where I was after E3 ignoring all insiders/rumors/leaks--anything's possible, let's see what's in store. :)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
And during that time, Sakurai talks about Ken for 20 minutes, Incinaroar for 19 minutes, and Spirits mode for one minute. Then at the end he says, "Never ask me for anything ever again".
Lol imagine 20 minutes dedicated to an Echo Fighter.

"Ken fights in a similar manner as Ryu"

"Ken borrows attacks and animations from Ryu"

"Did I mention Ken fights like Ryu?"

"Ken is a lot like Ryu and I hope you're all excited to play as him in Super Smash Bros Ultimate!"

That's a tall order man.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The demand for Layton did surprise me when the ballot was announced lol. Welp I guess I won't give up hope just yet. Hopefully DLC we'll be golden if he isn't in the base game
Layton is just one of those dark horse candidates. I can imagine him throwing the Smash community off by surprise if he did make it in, much like Isabelle did. He had a very vocal fanbase during the ballot period and his series is one of the biggest Level-5 has had in their disposal at 17 million, even surpassing Yokai Watch apparently.

But yeah, hopefully DLC will bring virtue for the Prof...

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I like how the wording of the tweet ("before the game's release") leaves the possibility of future Smash Directs talking about DLC. C'mon Smash, better keep up with BotW's and XC2's amazing DLCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom