• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Lol imagine 20 minutes dedicated to an Echo Fighter.

"Ken fights in a similar manner as Ryu"

"Ken borrows attacks and animations from Ryu"

"Did I mention Ken fights like Ryu"

"Ken is a lot like Ryu and I hope you're all excited to play as him in Super Smash Bros Ultimate!"

That's a tall order man.
You forgot to mention that Pikachu Libre is a girl.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
We can't really know for sure what he meant from just a thumbs down--could be speculation, could be he knows the entire Direct in exquisite detail, could just be emphasizing the leak is fake without knowing anything for sure about Banjo (how would someone know who's not in?). Given his shaky track record (along with Emily), I'll stick with where I was after E3 ignoring all insiders/rumors/leaks--anything's possible, let's see what's in store. :)
Maybe he thinks or knows it's real and wants up to believe otherwise so that we'll be surprised when we see them all

D

Deleted member

"As the Golden Sun series has been growing in popularity, I have decided to add more things from it into Smash. The Growth item is a rather unique item that can create ladders out of nowhere! There is a new stage as well, the Venus lighthouse! And, as he has been heavily requested... we are pleased to present: Isaac returns as an assist trophy! With a new Felix assist trophy that is identical to Isaacs'! Never ask me for anything ever again."

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Genuinely curious how these insiders who were 100% the leak is fake are going to react if the leak is proven real. The trolling they will receive... yikes.

D

Deleted member

We will get these newcomers:

-A literal banjo with a Kazoo.
-A Kamen Rider with a bike.
-three bold and white beings with Sr.Pelo controlling them.
-A jrpg character that probably inspired the Avatar cartoon too much.
-Vegeta but Sonic.
-The first clone of virtual fighting.
-An alien disguised as your favourite toy.
-Madden Player

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
You forgot to mention that Pikachu Libre is a girl.
And then they pull a GX on us and talk about every minor detail about the alt costume for the entire Direct before being all like "oh by the way all these characters are in the game okay bye!"

Pakky

Smash Hero
You know the moment we see a wrestling ring its over.

Geno and Issac are assured, sorry about the rest though based on very obese hints.

man the Grinch leak has caused such a divide in the community.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Okay, I seriously understand the sentiment for these people being right. It can happen, it certainly has the likelyhood of happening.

But, imagine they're totally wrong in the end. What then? Are they going to go on the defense? All for Incineroar and a character they are claiming is an AT that nobody has yet to disclose?
Insiders want us to apologize if we're wrong (even though the only people who need to apologize are those that were harassing). They should do the same then if they're wrong, but we know they won't ("sometimes we get things wrong" is not proportional to their certitude and arrogance). I'll just be glad, real or fake, we'll know for sure in 2 days. Then we can enjoy November without that uncertainty looming over us.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Lol imagine 20 minutes dedicated to an Echo Fighter.

"Ken fights in a similar manner as Ryu"

"Ken borrows attacks and animations from Ryu"

"Did I mention Ken fights like Ryu?"

"Ken is a lot like Ryu and I hope you're all excited to play as him in Super Smash Bros Ultimate!"

That's a tall order man.
lol I can just imagine the chat going nuts if he ever did that. Even he's not that big of a troll

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Okay, I seriously understand the sentiment for these people being right. It can happen, it certainly has the likelyhood of happening.

But, imagine they're totally wrong in the end. What then? Are they going to go on the defense? All for Incineroar and a character they are claiming is an AT that nobody has yet to disclose?
A few of these guys have been saying that this Direct was no suprise to insiders because there's a huge marketing push tied to it, and that we'll understand why after Thursday.

I know it's essentially more "just wait and you'll see that we're right" comments, but IF these guys are right about this alleged marketing push, it would explain why so many insiders seem to be adament about the leak being wrong.

D

Deleted member

So, we're all in agreement that if this leak is real, we're never gonna let these smug ass "insiders" live that **** down, right?

Had they just disagreed, then fine. But they were so surefire and condescending, that at this point, if the leak is legit, nothing short of an apology to the whole community is gonna make up for their behavior.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Genuinely curious how these insiders who were 100% the leak is fake are going to react if the leak is proven real. The trolling they will receive... yikes.
What I don't get is how they can even be completely sure. This game has been so tight lipped and there are plenty of people talking about them giving out false information so why do they think they know it all?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
lol I can just imagine the chat going nuts if he ever did that. Even he's not that big of a troll
The chat would literally implode causing the live stream to die lmao.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
...Oh, hang on, the Direct is at 7:00 A.M. Pacific Time. I might be able to watch it on my way to work.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Let’s see.

Sprits Mode can be probably 10+ minutes
New Comers are usually 10+ Minutes
In game awards? 5+ minutes
Last few stages 5+ minutes?
Online Features 10+ minutes

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Maybe he thinks or knows it's real and wants up to believe otherwise so that we'll be surprised when we see them all
I'm pretty certain that's not the case. It's not their jobs to lower expectations (so I dunno why they always feel the need to), they would either not mention it, say it has validity, but they wouldn't vehemently deny it the way they're doing. I think they genuinely believe they're right. And I genuinely believe they could be wrong. :upsidedown:

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
What I don't get is how they can even be completely sure. This game has been so tight lipped and there are plenty of people talking about them giving out false information so why do they think they know it all?
Either they have it on high order from Nintendo to downplay/say the leak is fake, or they're just being colossal ***holes about it. I have no idea why the insider crew is so vehemently shutting down a fanfavorite leak, unless it's because its tied to 4chan.

EDIT: It's the equivalent of a leak saying that Banjo Threeie is coming out next week, and people saying "lol no wronggggg wronggg wroooooong emoji emoji emoji"

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So, we're all in agreement that if this leak is real, we're never gonna let these smug *** "insiders" live that **** down, right?

Had they just disagreed, then fine. But they were so surefire and condescending, that at this point, if the leak is legit, nothing short of an apology to the whole community is gonna make up for their behavior.
And what about part of the community insulting and harassing them if the Leak is proved false? :bobomb:

It's easy to go for one way. But what about the other?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Could you imagine if isaac got in only to be AT again? I couldn't imagine the anger and rage.
Spider-Man annoyed.jpg

That would kind of suck. Though since I got everyone else I wanted, I guess I wouldn't really complain too much. Better than what happened to Custom Robo though.

0danmaster0

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 1773 3199 8400
Fact: Melee announced 5 newcomers at once.

Fact: Brawl announced 5 newcomers at once.

Fact: Nothing is stopping them from having some characters share trailers.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
So, we're all in agreement that if this leak is real, we're never gonna let these smug *** "insiders" live that **** down, right?

But if they're right, are we going to apologize to them for now we've treated them?

After all, if we're not going to even consider it, why should they?

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I just have a hard time believing that EVERY SINGLE PERSON who might have insider info are completely wrong about the Grinch.
If they weren’t positive it was fake, why would they act so certian? Why potentially throw your credibility in the trash if there was even a chance the banner turns out real? Why say anything at all?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Remember, if there's any characters you support but haven't given your name to their lists, this is your last chance before the DLC season.

IceKitsune

Smash Apprentice
Insiders want us to apologize if we're wrong (even though the only people who need to apologize are those that were harassing). They should do the same then if they're wrong, but we know they won't ("sometimes we get things wrong" is not proportional to their certitude and arrogance). I'll just be glad, real or fake, we'll know for sure in 2 days. Then we can enjoy November without that uncertainty looming over us.
If the Grinch leak is true I would personally never believe any of these "insiders" ever again. If true it completely torpedos all of their credibility into the ground. If it is fake I will happily follow whoever was the most right and take them very seriously next time something comes up as they would likely be someone with genuine insider information. However, if the Grinch leak is true it completely destroys all of them as credible leakers.

Last edited:

_gold_

Smash Master
Whatever happens after this direct, I really hope everyone will be grateful. Regardless if we get two fighters or seven, Sakurai has made history making this game. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is a love letter to the fans.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Fact: Melee announced 5 newcomers at once.

Fact: Brawl announced 5 newcomers at once.

Fact: Nothing is stopping them from having some characters share trailers.
They did have Captain Falcon confirmed in the Robin and Lucina trailer. It's different because he's a veteran but it does prove they aren't afraid of crossing over series in a trailer

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Could you imagine if isaac got in only to be AT again? I couldn't imagine the anger and rage.
All I know is I think it's likely at least one popularly-requested character is going to be revealed as an AT. And my question is, "Why, Sakurai, why not at August or E3 and get it over ask quickly and painlessly as possible?" :facepalm:

D

Deleted member

But if they're right, are we going to apologize to them for now we've treated them?

After all, if we're not going to even consider it, why should they?
And what about part of the community insulting and harassing them if the Leak is proved false? :bobomb:

It's easy to go for one way. But what about the other?
Well, they've been demanding exactly that for the past 3 days. What's fair is fair isn't it?

No reason we shouldn't demand the same in turn though. They're professonals, they should at least act like it.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Too much unexplainable evidence pointing it to be fake as it gets. Too many testimonies of it being fake. The evidence it has going for it is either explainable, or irrelevant to how the content could actually be real.

The same people saying its fake called the direct. Im sorry but I expect the believers being sadly disappointed Thursday, which is sad since I really want Banjo.

Last edited:

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
If they Grinch leak is true I would personally never believe any of these "insiders" ever again. If true it completely torpedos all of their credibility into the ground. If it is fake I will happily follow whoever was the most right and take them very seriously next time something comes up as they would likely be someone with genuine insider information. However, if the Grinch leak is true it completely destroys all of them as credible leakers.
Most "insiders" have been completely wrong on countless occasions, screencaps here show that. But because they get 1 or 2 actual sources (or lucky guesses) they get the title of "insider" for all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom