• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wambo

Smash Ace
40 minutes of Direct just screams for me the leak is real.
TeamFake: "40 minutes is way too short of time to announce 7 new characters."
>Last direct was 30 minutes and revealed 5.

TeamFake: "There's no way Capcom, Sega, and Square would like having their biggest characters announced simultaneously."
>Cuz Ken, Shadow the Edgehog, and Geno from one game in 1990 are huge characters like Ryu, Sonic, and Cloud.

TeamFake: "W-Well, the Insiders are all against it!"
>Nobody knew about K.Rool, and Sakurai is good at keeping a tight lid on (some) things.

TeamFake:

I mean, if I'm wrong, you guys win and I apologize for razzin' ya, but come on, a 40 MINUTE SMASH-FOCUSED DIRECT, just a few days after the Grinch leak??

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
If the leak is ruled fake Thursday, am I the only one going to be most sad about losing Mach Rider? I have a soft-spot for retro characters, and the whole concept and background surrounding Mach Rider really excited me more than anyone else leaked. What is this timeline??

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I know this isn't the thread for this question, but how do you add the spoiler tag to your message?

Dereli

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone,

I want to say that i'm so glad that the next ND will be this thursday, because nobody works this day in France, so Eric Bricard can see it too !

Eric our MVP ! Eric our saviour !

Moreover, it was super interesting to read you all, thanks for that.

Have a nice direct ! LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
They did have Captain Falcon confirmed in the Robin and Lucina trailer. It's different because he's a veteran but it does prove they aren't afraid of crossing over series in a trailer
i kinda hope they do more of that in whatever they show, falcon in that animation style made it one of the coolest smash 4 trailers imo

Bee Card

Smash Ace
If the leak is ruled fake Thursday, am I the only one going to be most sad about losing Mach Rider? I have a soft-spot for retro characters, and the whole concept and background surrounding Mach Rider really excited me more than anyone else leaked. What is this timeline??
Same as you, he is my most wanted in the Grinch leak. Retro reps are the best

D

Deleted member

The 'Final' direct on 11/1, alright then. Guess it will not be 2 directs. If the banner leak is right, and we get a 'trailer' for each new, non-echo, character, we're looking at 5 trailers Max. It'll be a 40 minute direct, too; sweet.

10am eastern, must remember this. Gonna be an awesome Thursday! Gonna predict the breakdown again and because I'm bored, I'll do a breakdown for both scenarios: Banner leak (Geno, Issac, Banjo, Mach Rider, Chorus Kids) is real and KenCineroar (Incineroar, Ken, 'unknown' Square Character) is real

'Banner Leak is Real' Direct
Immediate start with a trailer (Issac reveal)
Explain the character. Shows off more gameplay while going over what's unique about them
Talking about the history of the character (and their game) and how they have been requested for a long time
Introduce/Explain 'Spirits' mode to us finally
Spirits mode explanation will probably be a bulk of the Direct
Talk about having to fine-tine and make sure it was perfect, then using that talking point, segue into...

2nd Trailer showing Chorus Kids & Geno.
Talk about how he wanted them before, but couldn't quite pull it off, so Geno ended up being a Costume and Chorus kids were cut from the previous game
Explain their moves; what's unique about them

Moves to talking about all the third party characters in the game
Shows off Ken and Shadow as they introduce two more echo characters who are 3rd party that people have wanted
Speaking of 3rd party characters fans have wanted...

3rd Trailer showing Banjo Kazooie
Showing off how they differ from the other 'partner' character, Duck-Hunt Dog
Talk about having worked with Rare to make this happen and how it came about; where inspiration for moveset came from
Thank everyone for watching and for all the support over the years.
Stay tuned for one final announcement...

Trailer 4 (Mach Rider)
Gameplay shown after trailer; no explanation afterwards. Direct ends with reminder of release date.

'KenCineroar Leak' Direct
Trailer for Incineroar
Gameplay shown afterward; showing off wrestling-type moves and attacks; more grabs than any other character
Shows off Final Smash and the inspiration for it (his personal Z move from Sun/Moon)
Incineroar is punishing Ryu, before he's pushed back by a character just off-screen; camera pans out to show Ken

Ken is shown off and gameplay for him is shown. He's an Echo of Ryu, with the color of his moves different and the input being a little different. His attacks have been given a 'fire' element to them; making stand out from Ryu
Sakurai talks about all the Echoes and the third parties they've partnered with to make all this happen and how many from each franchise have characters since Smash for Wii U. He mentions there still being one more unrevealed 3rd party, so stay tuned.

The menu screen is shown and the previously blurred out section is brought to focus as 'Spirits' mode is finally revealed
They explain the mode; what it entails, and its different features
Other features/modes not already mentioned are explained in depth as well as how they differ from past iterations
More online functionality is shown with the different modes

Returns to talk of 3rd party and that they've been working closely with a certain company so a very special character can finally make his Smash brothers debut...

Trailer 2 for Geno (or whomever the Square character ends up being; Chrono, Sora, Sephiroth; whatever)
Gameplay for the character is shown and explained in depth
Sakurai thanks everyone for their devotion and how much time it took to complete this game; all the love they put into this to truly make it the most 'Special/Ultimate' of Smash Brothers games. Direct ends with a reminder of release date.

Last edited by a moderator:
There has been like 30 people coming out saying they think the leak is fake even though Sakurai has made it very clear he's trying his hardest to keep it a secret. So why would dozens on dozens insiders suddenly have known the roster, some even stating they knew all the way back in August?

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I think this just means that James Bond is in fact, in. He's in.
Real talk if there's ever going to be a non-video game character in Smash it has to be Agent 007. Goku can kiss my ass.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Either they have it on high order from Nintendo to downplay/say the leak is fake, or they're just being colossal ***holes about it. I have no idea why the insider crew is so vehemently shutting down a fanfavorite leak, unless it's because its tied to 4chan.

EDIT: It's the equivalent of a leak saying that Banjo Threeie is coming out next week, and people saying "lol no wronggggg wronggg wroooooong emoji emoji emoji"
Yeah that's what I hope is the outcome. The Grinch leak definitely made Nintendo angry for whatever reason and with the tangled web insiders have been stuck in the past week they probably just said for them to swear up and down it's fake. Either way there's still more to this than meets the eye.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Mach Rider will indeed be sad for me if they're not playable. I don't believe they've ever had a role in Smash Brothers have they?

Maybe if they are an AT, Sakurai is just doing a babysteps approach like some other characters before them.

Granted Duck Hunt skipped all of that and just went straight to playable status.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>Trailer starts
>We see a white room with a chair in the middle.
>Grant Kirkhope appears.
>He sits on the chair.
>He takes a banjo from his back
>Starts playing it
>Stops
>"Get ready for Banj-"
>
CONKER IS FREAKING WASTED

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
Can we stop being so worried about being right and wrong and just enjoy the fact that in two days time we'll have watched the final Super Smash Bros Ultimate direct? Like I see no reason to be like this regardless of whether you're right or wrong

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Mocking either "team" is only going to reflect badly on you no matter what. Don't be rude.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
"Reliable Nintendo tipster Emily Rogers"

:joyful:

I mean, I know being an insider you're in an echo chamber as well (so are fans, let's not kid ourselves), but that... Oh my. My sides.
Dang. I guess we should take this guy's reports with a Dead Sea of salt

Ragiroth

Smash Cadet
Hey so I saw some people saying that is sounded like GameExplain DECONFIRMED Shadow in their "10 things we don't know about Smash" video, but I watched and I don't get that at all. I think if anything they're just wondering like us why it he hasn't been shown, if anything they sound like they're being cheeky and he is in. Not to mention but they also mentioned the POSSIBLE GS item right after that.

Granted I REALLY want Shadow so maybe I'm just concerned.

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
So the direct is finally announced. Everything will hopefully be finally put to rest come thursday.

Unfortunately i usually work mornings Thursday so I probably won't be able to catch it.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
10:00 AM Thursday, eh?

Huh, this is the first Direct I'll be missing in years.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
Ok this thread is moving fast but what is this talk about leakers saying multiple characters being AT? Is there a source?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Well, they've been demanding exactly that for the past 3 days. What's fair is fair isn't it?

No reason we shouldn't demand the same in turn though. They're professonals, they should at least act like it.
You dodged the question.

Are we going to apologize to them if they're right? Yes or No.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
  • So much Pokemon! While I'm happy we got Lucario for gen 4, I would've loved Darkrai, or Arceus, or Empoleon, or Shaymin, or...
  • If Echoes were around in Brawl, I'm almost certain we would have got the MGS2 iteration of Raiden. As is, even if we did somehow get Raiden, it'd be likely to be the MGS4/Rising incarnation.
  • If we were to get a Persona guest, it'd probably be Joker, which means there's virtually no chance of Minako being in. Same goes for SMT - it'd probably be Flynn, which means no chance of Raidou.
  • One that's very current, as another Pokemon - I'm confident Eevee won't be playable, but now is probably it's only chance, with Let's Go Eevee being current. (Seriously, imagine a FS like Pokemon Trainer's, but with all the Eeveelutions)
You say that as if Minako has any chance anyway :(

Then again, she's back for Q2, thank God. Finally. Maybe now she will get some actual merch.

I'm with you on 2 Raiden. Would've been really nice.

D

Deleted member

I just have a hard time believing that EVERY SINGLE PERSON who might have insider info are completely wrong about the Grinch.
If they weren’t positive it was fake, why would they act so certian? Why potentially throw your credibility in the trash if there was even a chance the banner turns out real? Why say anything at all?
They're all wrong cause they got the same info from the same channels. How is that hard to believe?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
There has been like 30 people coming out saying they the leak is fake even though Sakurai has made it very clear he's trying his hardest to keep it a secret. So why would dozens on dozens insiders suddenly have known the roster, some even stating they knew all the way back in August?
The same way they all knew about a Direct first of November.

Information slowly goes down in the Pyramids of importance as the release date is close.
From director, to developer, sound design team, playtester, to tester, to translator, to marketing, website management, to journalist etc etc etc...

That's like...

So close of the release date, there is high chance that some gaming journalist knows exactly the roster.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
If the Grinch leak is real and the majority of insiders thought it was fake then whoever was feeding false info to the insiders did a good job. They deserve a raise.

TheBlue10

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SweetBlueMemory
3DS FC
2466-7799-9439
Switch FC
SW 2878-1317-0108
Don't know if this has been asked already, but what would y'all do by the day the direct airs? I don't have school for the rest of the week, and I don't really have much to do so I'll probably be wasting time watching tiktok cringe compilations or some ****.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Oh, yeah, there is one thing everyone can agree on no matter what.

Ken is 200% in the game.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm seeing some early victory celebrations on both sides of the Grinch leak.

I wouldn't start rubbing this in other people's faces just yet. You're gonna look like a complete idiot if you act cocky and smug about this only to end up wrong in the end.

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
But if they're right, are we going to apologize to them for now we've treated them?

After all, if we're not going to even consider it, why should they?
I mean, I'll consider it...

This was a joke, brought to you by Thompson's Teeth, the teeth strong enough to chew other teeth.

D

Deleted member

You dodged the question.

Are we going to apologize to them if they're right? Yes or No.
I personally haven't harassed anyone. If the leak turns out wrong, I'll gladly admit they were right about it all along (amid the bouts of despair). I highly doubt most people would though. I'm not accountable for other people's behaviour, only my own. That being said, I highly doubt that if the leak turns out to be legit any of them are gonna make up for their behaviour these last few days.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Here's a question why would Mach rider be an AT when Excitebike is already one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom