• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Less than 48 hours remain.
boku-no-hero-academia-5350819.png

So with the direct incoming, how about some movie watching victories?

If Team Real is correct, then Team Fake has to watch all 3 Grinch films, starting with the newest and working backwards to the classic.

If Team Fake is correct, Team Real has to watch the live action Cat in the Hat film.

If both are wrong, then both teams watch the live action Grinch and Cat films. On Blu-Ray.
405c1933-121c-44b9-bc52-820a02c0c71b.gif

H-how could both be wrong though?

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I'm going in with the worst case scenario in my mind. The only new character left in the game is Ken (no offense to Ken or his fans, but an echo as the last reveal is extremely underwhelming in my opinion).

Whia

Smash Apprentice
I just have a hard time believing that EVERY SINGLE PERSON who might have insider info are completely wrong about the Grinch.
If they weren’t positive it was fake, why would they act so certian? Why potentially throw your credibility in the trash if there was even a chance the banner turns out real? Why say anything at all?
To be fair, it’s not every single one. That’s part of why people don’t entirely trust the insiders: there’s no consensus. Now combine that with the fact that we already know leak bait is a thing and it’s not implausible that there’s a lot of misinformation going around.

I’m still on TeamHmm, mind you, but I’m not taking insiders’ word as gospel.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Emily piggybacking off of Mystic isn’t surprising because she has a history of piggybacking. However due to her past knowledge of the game I’m not gonna count out her input, but I also wont surprised if she’s just following along with what other people are saying.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
He's got a coin gun too. I think he uses a pipe in place of a sword too.

It will be soon. And then the salt can take over for a few days and then we set ourselves free and wait for the game to come out.
Ahhh, now we're crossing territories!!
You're kidding, right? That's Goemon's thing, don't cross to that. Goemon hits with a pipe and throws gold coins. Well, his pipe is a smoking pipe and each coin he throws worth about $100,000.00.. yeah, he's a spender.
Ok, now I don't want Layton in XD

Last edited:

Eru13

Smash Apprentice
Plot twist:

Grinch leak is fake, the box is a lie, all the insiders are wrong, the gardevoir leak was the only true gospel

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736

If Team Real is correct, then Team Fake has to watch all 3 Grinch films, starting with the newest and working backwards to the classic.

If Team Fake is correct, Team Real has to watch the live action Cat in the Hat film.

If both are wrong, then both teams watch the live action Grinch and Cat films. On Blu-Ray.
Im dont have a team, but well. Im a weird person that likes the Cat in Hat movie... maybe because the mexican spanish dub improves it, idk

I was a 10 years old when I watched it tho

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Emily piggybacking off of Mystic isn’t surprising because she has a history of piggybacking. However due to her past knowledge of the game I’m not gonna count out her input, but I also wont surprised if she’s just following along with what other people are saying.
I'd be more inclined to believe her if the first thing they showed off was a DLC character and it was Ryu Hayabusa.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of being petty and immature, you clearly haven't seen this.

Both sides have people who have displayed immaturity.

Responding to immaturity with more immaturity solves absolutely nothing and makes you look incredibly petty. Your doing the exact same thing they are that you claim to hate.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
I was catching up in this thread and I noticed a lot of people acting like and saying the Grinch leak was effectively debunked and I was curious what new information came up

Turns out it was just the same 30 insiders who said they were against it reiterating they're against it.

I'm sorry, but with all the evidence the Grinch leak has, the insiders repeating forcefully they don't believe it isn't compelling or shocking. And importantly new. Especially when insiders seem to be all over the place on who's REALLY in the roster. I'm nervous still, I didn't expect the direct so soon, but I'm going to enter this direct on the side of the Grinch as all the stuff it had in its favor hasn't been invalidated by the direct's announcement in the slightest (if anything I could see them pushing the direct date closer because of the leak).

I side with the Grinch. Whoville be darned.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I'm not going to apologize to anyone. If the leak is wrong, I only have myself and like 80% of the smash community's judgement on it being convinced it was real. On one hand we should blame ourselves, but on the other it's a scumbag, yet genious of a leaker who put in an obscene amount of work and somehow luck into delivering Zodiac Killer levels of an unsolvable leak.

Like, **** this leaker for making us ALL feel this way.

If we didn't have a leak the past week, we could have been genuinely surprised by this direct.

Now there are only 2 outcomes:

1. Leak is fake and the biggest internet meltdown happens at the severe tragedy of even thinking these characters were possible together, so **** the leaker.

2. The leak is true, it's what many people want/expect/whatever, but it also creates massive internet toxicity to Insiders and team fake.

Insiders definitely do deserve some flak if it's wrong, but it's likely going to go to some really, REALLY bad places no matter what on Thursday.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I can't be the only one who doesn't want the game to have DLC at all... Right?

At least, not DLC for playable characters.
I mean, you can always just not purchase post-release content. Unless you are a competitive player that is.

D

Deleted member

Like songs from Smash that you've added to your custom playlist? That would be cool! The songs could either be played at random (one random song every time you play the stage) or it could cycle through the songs one after another or at random
I was thinking how often each song would play could be set in the My Music mode just like the normal stages!

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Why does Team Real get the horror? The HORROR?

(The Cat in a Hat is a guilty pleasure of mine, so I actually wouldn't mind...)

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Can someone give me a rundown of everything mystic said because he flip flopped so much?

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Just saying.. Saturos is awesome just like Agatio, at least maybe a alt with Isaac to look like Saturos because Proxian Isaac would be lit af.

One psynergy move I would love to see used is Grand Gaia.. Its basically the Venus counterpart to Pyroclasm, Saturos's special move.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Know what's funny? In 2 days time we'll know for certain if the Grinch leak is real or not. If we have a newcomer, or two, that isn't on that French printed banner, we have legitimate reasons to say it's fake. Up untill then, am still mostly convinced it's real, but won't be adamant about it (for a change) that it's absolute.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Troll the Insiders/shills if the leak is real, not the teams.

But seriously, troll the ever-loving **** out of them.
So much for your "And people say I'm toxic waaaaaah" post

Seriously, you're one of the worst in this thread

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Let’s see.

Sprits Mode can be probably 10+ minutes
New Comers are usually 10+ Minutes
In game awards? 5+ minutes
Last few stages 5+ minutes?
Online Features 10+ minutes
Finally a serious post lol. Might as well give my actual predictions...

*Direct opens up with Isaac's trailer which may or may not have a Felix Echo Fighter. Venus Lighthouse is the multiplayer stage and Mars Lighthouse is the boss stage where you fight the Doom Dragon. Alex is an Assist Trophy and the Doom Dragon is a Boss in the new Spirits Mode. The Golden Sun item (Growth Psynergy) is also shown*

*Ken, Shadow, and Mach Rider are the last Echo Fighters (MR can go either way if he/she is actually in the game)

*Online play is talked in detail along with the new feature (the 32 player thing). For Fun has features found in local multiplayer and For Glory is overhauled in that stages include Battlefield forms in addition to FD ones*

*Vault content is shown off in full (Trophies, Replays, Sound Test/My Music, Snapshots, Trailers, what have you) . Trophies now exceed 1,000 and Stickers make a return from Brawl (IDK why lol). Masterpieces are limited to the NES catalog from the Switch Online Membership (sucks I know). And if there's any justice in the world, Coin Launcher is going to return from Brawl along with it's sweet track. :) New features are shown off as well not in any previous Smash game.*

*Challenges are back in full force and include over 200 challenges to complete though this time the player get 10 Golden Hammers instead of 5.*

*Classic Mode is shown off again briefly and the end boss is shown off. Hopefully in the old style of difficulty where it goes from Very Easy-Very Hard or like Brawl where it goes from Easy-Intense. Break the Targets, Race to the Finish, and another new mode are included as well.*

*All-Star Mode is overhauled given how big the roster is and is now a Survival Mode. Pitting you against the entire Smash roster by 1's, 2's, and 3's at random until you lose.*

*Event matches return and are more or less the same.*

*The last Assist Trophies are shown off.*

*Geno's trailer is shown in full and whatever. Black Mage is introduced as SE's Assist Trophy.*

*Spirits Mode gets talked about in great detail and is a mid-point between Melee's Adventure Mode and Brawl's Subspace. Being that it's like Melee's but with Brawl's bosses and small cutscenes to introduce the bosses.

*The Direct ends with Sakurai thanking everyone for supporting the series and he hopes we all enjoy Smash Bros Ultimate when it comes out*

*The Direct fades to black but right before Treehouse Live starts, we hear a familiar sound teasing something for the future.*

Last edited:

NastCF

Smash Apprentice
So, we're all in agreement that if this leak is real, we're never gonna let these smug *** "insiders" live that **** down, right?

Had they just disagreed, then fine. But they were so surefire and condescending, that at this point, if the leak is legit, nothing short of an apology to the whole community is gonna make up for their behavior.
You're one to talk about being smug and condescending. Lest we forget this little gem:
I guess if it's fake you'll never live this down and nothing short of an apology is going to make up for your behaviour?

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I think Nintendo and Sakurai has been playing the long con with leakers and insiders.

1) Purposely giving real but misleading information
2) Sakurai mentioning having fewer chars to make leakers believe the newcomers are inkling, ridley, daisy, simon, richter, dark samus, chrom, k rool, isabelle, incineroar and ken.
3) Purposely saying that he regrets revealing 5 at once to cement the false leaks.
4) Revealing only isabelle.
5) box theory.

If not for the banner leak. No one would have known.

D

Deleted member

Well guys. In Nintendo's latest press conference, President Shuntaro Furukawa said that Nintendo will focus more on DLC for their major games.

My God we're going to get A LOT of DLC.
I'm expecting Splatoon 2 levels of support for this game.

It's gonna be good, my dudes. :happysheep:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

I am actually totally down for this.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I will put something for though

For the banner

Echo reveals are average of 1 minute

Unique is average at 2 minutes

So (5x2) + 2 equals about 12 minutes of the direct to reveal 7 characters give or take

I think 28 to whatever minutes is more than enough to talk about the rest of the modes

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'm not going to apologize to anyone. If the leak is wrong, I only have myself and like 80% of the smash community's judgement on it being convinced it was real. On one hand we should blame ourselves, but on the other it's a scumbag, yet leaker who put in an obscene amount of work and somehow luck into delivering Zodiac Killer levels of an unsolvable leak.

Like, **** this leaker for making us ALL feel this way.

If we didn't have a leak the past week, we could have been genuinely surprised by this direct.

Now there are only 2 outcomes:

1. Leak is fake and the biggest internet meltdown happens at the severe tragedy of even thinking these characters were possible together, so **** the leaker.

2. The leak is true, it's what many people want/expect/whatever, but it also creates massive internet toxicity to Insiders and team fake.

Insiders definitely do deserve some flak if it's wrong, but it's likely going to go to some really, REALLY bad places no matter what on Thursday.
Real or not, who ever leaked it or faked it, I hope we can all agree that they're an enormous asshole who ruined people's livelihoods. Never should forget that, even when we have fun speculating or **** posting Grinch memes.

D

Deleted member

You know what.

**** it.

**** Sora.

**** Geno

**** the Grinch.

GOKU FOR SMASH
Boy, you listen and you listen good: if you're going to support ANY non-game character, it's gotta be Zoe. GOT IT?
(I'm kidding around, I'm sure your post was a joke too.)

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
My expectations going into this direct are that the Grinch leak is real, we'll get details on green mode, and perhaps they'll dive into some of the online features.

I'm in the tiny camp of people who believe the Grinch leak but also don't want it to be real bc I don't personally care for any of the characters. I'm basically set up in a way that prevents me from experiencing disappointment from the Direct. If the Grinch is real, then I already knew. If it's fake, I get to look forward to potentially getting something I actually like.

Good luck to everyone, though! I'll be happy for anyone who gets what they want! :grin:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Alright guys, what's another new/crazy Assist character you're thinking might happen?

I think Shantae might make sense, since Shovel Knight got to be an Assist too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom