• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
What are y'all gonna do today pass the time till the direct? I'm 20 hours into tales of Beseria and I don't have any classes until Thursday at 11:10. I'll be playing that with my fiance basically the whole time. I'm psyched that I'll be able to watch the direct live before class!
I just picked up Symphony of the Night on PSN, rough start but I'm really enjoying it now. That music man.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
So where does it say it is the final Direct?

Does that mean no DLC?
Well, it says it's the final Smash direct before release. So yes, there is definitely the possibility of DLC. It says this on Nintendo's tweet.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I have class after class for hours that day so I'll either get back to all the grinchposting being over or an irradiated doom crater

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I just realized

Its longer than 50 fact extravaganza

And no way in **** world there's only 2 reveals in that

Its over box theorist if you say it could still happen your in denial

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, now all that waiting everyone was doing can come to an end. Can't wait for all the hype and salt. It'll be interesting to say the least.

Would still be cool if we got Dante tho.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So where does it say it is the final Direct?

Does that mean no DLC?
It says "Final Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct." There's still rumors of another general Nintendo Direct sometime in November. And rumors suggest DLC is at the Game Awards.

Last edited:

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
Do you guys think Etika's channel will be up until the direct or it's dead for good? That guy lives for smash, so...
I'm betting he'll be live on Twitch. That's where he streamed yesterday and explained things.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Well I didn't draw it, I just added the Zoe for Smash stuff. I should've made that clear, sorry.
The art is by SmittyG, but I suggest you don't look him up since his other works are mostly NSFW. :ohwell:
Oh okay, thanks for the warning. Though I personally have no problem with NSFW images, but that's a topic for another thread

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Final direct pre-release is what it specifically said.
I was actually kidding on the no DLC part.

I would love it if the direct shows off Shantae, Ken, and Dixie as the last fighters, it would not only be awesome for me, but throw Gamefaqs into a frenzy.
Dude, just about anything throws off GameFAQs into frenzies. You know that.

Enchess

Smash Lord
I'd say if the Grinch isn't correct, seeing Incineroar at all here will definitely deconfirm it. A character in the banner could be in the Direct, but the banner could still be wrong. But if we then get 2 banner characters, then 3, then 4... There will at the very least be added tension in this Direct more than usual. :chuckle:
If any character is revealed, we'll get their banner art after. If it matches, that's too much for me to accept as coincidence. If it doesn't match, it doesn't make any sense for the banner in the leak to be incomplete.

D

Deleted member

Oh okay, thanks for the warning. Though I personally have no problem with NSFW images, but that's a topic for another thread
Haha, you're welcome!
Oh, and just replying to your sig: wouldn't it be awesome that, if stage builder is back, you could choose one of your music playlists to play one stage instead of just a single song?

IceKitsune

Smash Apprentice
It says "Final Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct." There's still rumors of another general Nintendo Direct sometime in November. And rumors suggest DLC is at the Game Awards.
Plus there is the fact that in the newest Nintendo investors meeting thing they said they were going to focus more on game longevity and DLC IIRC. DLC is happening for this game and I have a feeling it's going to be a lot.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
PS Classic. Don't own a PS4 and I wanted the original, not a butchered PSP port.
Requiem is far from butchered its just a port of the two bonus games from the psp remaster... I mean i WISH the remaster was in it too but at least you get maria mode in SOTN. and better voice acting. and an actual translation of Rondo.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Fifty fact extravaganza was 35 min with like Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr
It ended on Mewtwo DLC

So you never know.
It all depends on how bloated is the Online/Spirit mode/Vault
They showed only Bowser Jr. and Mewtwo in that 50 fact extravaganza Direct. Duck Hunt Dog was revealed in the next Direct the following month.

D

Deleted member

Requiem is far from butchered its just a port of the two bonus games from the psp remaster... I mean i WISH the remaster was in it too but at least you get maria mode in SOTN. and better voice acting. and an actual translation of Rondo.
I'm spanish, so the translation thing isn't a big deal to me.

kylexv

Smash Master
I kind of figured that the direct would be in the morning in America.
  • If it was in the afternoon, Japan would be asleep
  • If it was in the evening, Europe would be asleep
That's probably why they chose 10AM EST. It would be night, but not too late, for Japan, and the afternoon for Europe.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What it currently feels like to be a Geno fan after random "insiders" have suggested Shadow, Isaac, Chorus Kids, and Mach Rider are actually assist trophies and that Banjo isn't even in game in the last 24 hours:

giphy (1).gif

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
FINALLY I'LL BE ABLE TO WATCH ONE LIVE.

Just as a precautionary measure, try not to let the 40min runtime make you assume we're getting 7 or so reveals. It's certainly possible to get reveals for all the Grinch characters and have time for other things, if they only really go in depth explaining one of them (who I assume would be Banjo based on the merit of him being third party). It's also possible that we get two or three characters and then some echoes, with a bunch of info on other models and the whatnot. As exciting as this is, I'd just advise everyone to keep their hype in check, as we won't know what this means for the leak definitively until the end of the presentation.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
OH BOY 10AM. CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT WHEN I'VE ALSO GOT A CLOSING NIGHT SHIFT THAT SAME DAY.

.... It's going to be a very long day for me.
You think that's bad? I have to get up at 8 am to go in at 9, miss the live direct, work until 3, go to the bank, then go home for maybe an hour if I'm lucky before I go into the other job at 5 and work until 10.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
If any character is revealed, we'll get their banner art after. If it matches, that's too much for me to accept as coincidence. If it doesn't match, it doesn't make any sense for the banner in the leak to be incomplete.
If the banner is correct, though, I would think it's likely most or all would be revealed there, and we'd know for sure at the end when we see the first character art. Either way, we will know for sure on Thursday. :grin:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Haha, you're welcome!
Oh, and just replying to your sig: wouldn't it be awesome that, if stage builder is back, you could choose one of your music playlists to play one stage instead of just a single song?
Like songs from Smash that you've added to your custom playlist? That would be cool! The songs could either be played at random (one random song every time you play the stage) or it could cycle through the songs one after another or at random

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom