• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
Jeez, that's an old post of mine. Makes me kinda happy they added so much more content than I was expecting, with another 40 minutes soon to come!
Indeed, this game so far has blown my expectations out of the water.

1. Daisy and King K. Rool are playable fighters
2. EVERYONE IS HERE!
3. All but about 15 stages from past games, beautifully updated
4. A proper Classic Mode for once
5. Much needed QOL updates
6. Battlefield form stages baby!
7. Good grief the amount of songs in the game
8. ...and more

Whether Grinch leak is true or not this game is already more than I could have possibly dreamed it could be. Can't wait for Thursday!

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
Is fascinating how all the insiders are saying the leak is fake, but nobody actually say why. All said vague things like some newcomer is missing or some character on the banner are AT, but no one is saying which one (besides Incineroar)

Flyboy

Smash Hero
All these kids complaining they have school, REAL men like me would feign illness and have the whole day to ourselves!
I'm lucky that my work is letting me shift my schedule forward an hour. The joys of being a telemarketer, but this means I get to watch live with my best friends, one of whom is visiting from England. All we've been talking about the last two weeks is Smash.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
I haven't been on this site in like...forever. Since like the 3DS smash days. Coming back to this site/community...minus the people trying to kill other (not literally), this has been a fun couple of days for me. I forgot how much of a joy it was chatting it up in here.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Is fascinating how all the insiders are saying the leak is fake, but nobody actually say why. All said vague things like some newcomer is missing or some character on the banner are AT, but no one is saying which one (besides Incineroar)
Watch it be Reggie

Enchess

Smash Lord
Oh good. We'll almost for sure know full roster soon.

If Vergeben and other leakers are correct, I'm expecting this direct to be enough to cover the entire remaining roster because it's not too many characters then.

If the Grinch is correct, literally any character announcement makes us sure.

I'm so ready for roster speculation to end. Let's go Isaac! Please more Nintendo IP than 3rd party! For the love of all that's scary give me Mio! Good luck everyone.

Alchadylan

Smash Cadet
Going to have my hype playlist going all the way to work, and then once I get there, I will have a serious 40 minute bowel movement.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Most interesting thing here is that she implies that multiple characters on the banner are supposed to be ATs. So it's not just Mach Rider.
I'm not sure why people assume Mach Rider's an AT. I mean, he could. But...this is Sakurai. I'd hate for Banjo to be an AT.

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Man, I think it would be super cool if PHOENIX WRIGHT and HERSHAL LAYTON got a duo reveal.

It would be an epic moment of these two iconic mystery solvers crossing swords for the first time. Yep. First time. They never met ever. That game does not exist do not remind me of it.

TheBlue10

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SweetBlueMemory
3DS FC
2466-7799-9439
Switch FC
SW 2878-1317-0108
The Undertale twitter is doing spooky promo stuff now and it also kinda falls with this Direct...

You can put on your tinfoil hats for this
Mmm nah, that's most likely for Undertale 2 or something like that.

radBoss

Smash Cadet
I haven't been on this site in like...forever. Since like the 3DS smash days. Coming back to this site/community...minus the people trying to kill other (not literally), this has been a fun couple of days for me. I forgot how much of a joy it was chatting it up in here.
Lol I feel it. This isn't even my original account, but it must have gotten lost in the sea of time.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, whatever you believe, can we just agree that at a whopping 40+ minutes the chances of the final base roster being just Inceniroar and Ken are absolutely miniscule now and that, being 60% longer than the previous Smash Directs, it's totally plausible for all 5 necessary Grinch trailers to fit?

KingBroly

Smash Lord
If we really do get absolutely everything revealed (sans the "surprise announcement for the VGA in December") on the 1st, then it's going to be a long *** month.

Maybe we'll finally get Ridley
Meta Ridley was an echo fighter all along!

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
GameXplain released a video right before the direct announcement on things we don't know about Ultimate and, while talking about items, specifically mentioned Shadow as an AT.

So there's the "multiple characters".
No. No. No no no no no no. Knuckles is here for a reason. It makes no sense for Sonic to have two ATs. Shadow will be in. There's no reason to leave his fate hanging this long after so many other characters got the Assist role. He's either playable or not in the game at all. Lord have mercy on my soul grant me this final favour.

...I'm being overdramatic aren't I?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

If Vergeben and other leakers are correct, I'm expecting this direct to be enough to cover the entire remaining roster because it's not too many characters then.

I'm so ready for roster speculation to end. Let's go Isaac! Please more Nintendo IP than 3rd party! For the love of all that's scary give me Mio! Good luck everyone.
I'd say if the Grinch isn't correct, seeing Incineroar at all here will definitely deconfirm it. A character in the banner could be in the Direct, but the banner could still be wrong. But if we then get 2 banner characters, then 3, then 4... There will at the very least be added tension in this Direct more than usual. :chuckle:

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice

Untouch

Smash Master
https://www.rpgsite.net/news/7917-d...estern-release-on-switch-revealed-by-nintendo
In other news, DQB2 is coming to Switch in the West.
Oh god, the minecraft stage may have been a builders stage. lol
I'll expand on this.
Mystic seemed pretty adamant on there not being Minecraft content. At the moment I trust what he said.
Vergeben and Hitagi do think there's Minecraft content, but what if their sources just saw the stage icon and assumed, the games look really similar and I'd easily get the two confused as well.

Seems like it'd be a pretty good way to get around the music requirements, I don't know how protective Sugiyama is of the DQB music.

Last edited:

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
GameXplain released a video right before the direct announcement on things we don't know about Ultimate and, while talking about items, specifically mentioned Shadow as an AT.

So there's the "multiple characters".
I wonder if that's why he looks photoshopped in. Maybe it's the real leak with Shadow mashed on top of it?

kylexv

Smash Master
Hoping the Treehouse will have the full game on Thursday.
Not only do I actually want to see a match with Simon and Isabelle, but I really want to see more gameplay for the veterans not in the demo.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Wait a second, the Smash Direct is longer than the 50-Fact Extravaganza Direct.
1e4.jpg

*thinking intensifie*

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
So from various insiders we have learned...

- Incineroar + 1 other character not on the banner are in the game
- Ken and Shadow may be in
- Shadow may not be in
- Isaac and Geno may be in
- Isaac is not in
- Chorus Kids may be in
- Banjo is in
- Banner is fake
- Banner may be real
- 1 of the banner characters is an Assist Trophy
- Sora may be DLC
- Lloyd may be DLC
- There are only 3 more reveals left
- Steve may be in
- There is no Minecraft content

...I'm so confused.
I just want some inkling that Phoenix Wright is playable in this game. *Sigh*

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Well, whatever you believe, can we just agree that at a whopping 40+ minutes the chances of the final base roster being just Inceniroar and Ken are absolutely miniscule now and that, being 60% longer than the previous Smash Directs, it's totally plausible for all 5 necessary Grinch trailers to fit?
Fifty fact extravaganza was 35 min with like Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr
It ended on Mewtwo DLC

So you never know.
It all depends on how bloated is the Online/Spirit mode/Vault

osby

Smash Obsessed
No. No. No no no no no no. Knuckles is here for a reason. It makes no sense for Sonic to have two ATs. Shadow will be in. There's no reason to leave his fate hanging this long after so many other characters got the Assist role. He's either playable or not in the game at all. Lord have mercy on my soul grant me this final favour.

...I'm being overdramatic aren't I?
Yes. There is no reason for Sonic to not have two Assist Trophies (he's the only guest with two home stages) and there are no rules about AT reveal dates (Ashley).

D

Deleted member

I have holydays this thursday.

I still believe the theory about me living next to a leprechaun rainbow.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

Hey. Hey.
Hey. Hey Hey Hey.

You missed the box. :-)

But still, we all get info on Nov 1. YAY.
But I need to get my sad Goemon image ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom