• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I don't mean to sound like an *** but...
Mystic ultimately has put the blame on himself for leaking the info
Yes, the Smash community can be toxic as **** sometimes.
But he should have not caved in to the community's craving for news.
Hope he'll be alright after this.
And I hope Nintendo just reveals this stuff already... it's less hype and more annoying at this point.

Last edited:

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
Guys and gals, let's talk about something else, enough of the Grinch leak, it seems it is only going to get us into more arguments.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Boo-freaking-hoo. Nobody told him to provide leaks that ended up being fake anyway.
I can't believe that people were acting like that this thread hasn't been toxic. Tons of insiders have been speaking up and saying that the leak is probably fake, and people keep asking them to talk more. Now, one of them spoke up because you ask, is potentially going to lose his job for it, and people like you aren't even remotely sympathetic?

THIS is why insiders don't speak up. THIS is why they complain about the rest of us. So many ungrateful, entitled people who are stuck in their echo chamber of belief in a grainy image leak because they hope a video game ends up having a couple more characters than it might otherwise.

**** the Grinch leak, and **** what it did to the community. I wanted it to be real because I liked the characters on it, but part of me wants it to be fake so that the community can be put in its place.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
It's almost like those are two different groups of people or something.
Except they’re literally not. There’s several people who ******* about insiders being vague that are now blaming Mystic for being too open. Don’t try that ****.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Mystic literally admits it was his own responsibility. Stop trying to point fingers and blame people here. Instead of wasting your time screaming maybe you should use that energy to help him.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
While I liked Mysic due to how he seemed somewhat genuine and down to earth I also think we kind of have a problem with using the harassment as an excuse for the faults of these insiders.

Yes harassment is a very bad thing but no one forced him to do this. Mystic is an adult and he's capable of controlling himself.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Question time

If Mach rider was the next reveal would that confirm the grinch leak without looking at the banner?
(Still need to look at the banner regardless though)

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
People aren't going to move on from something because someone said to.

So please let people talk about what they want to, if related to smash.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Nah, most of us here are doing the right thing, honestly. Don't get caught up in the negativity of it all.

We're mostly passionate Smash Bros fans, but there are plenty of people who take it too far an escalate to aggression.

On both sides.

As long as you keep behaving with respect, you're not a jerk.

With a fanbase this large and this passionate, there are bound to be people who ruin it for everybody.
The toxic part of this fan base is really, really loud. Unfortunate.

You take a step back and marvel at the concept of Smash Brothers, especially Ultimate, but then when you look closer it gets hard to look past the screeching of the folks who have it tied to their egos.

Anyway, I hope Banjo is a Captain Falcon echo

awert

Smash Rookie
Except they’re literally not. There’s several people who ******* about insiders being vague that are now blaming Mystic for being too open. Don’t try that ****.
Yes, several people. But you're blaming everyone who wants information on the actions of those "several people".

Untouch

Smash Master
Perhaps now people know why insiders aren't going to spill the beans on why they think the leak is fake?

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Yes and we're all part of something that can be downright awful at times.
This is not one of those times. The Smash community has had a long, in-depth and heated debate for almost a week now about a leak. It's remained pretty well-behaved considering that this is the internet. There is no reason to extend whatever negative opinions about the Smash community any further. We're actually a pretty great community most of the time (unless you get two Bayonettas on Smashville at the last major Sm4sh tournament) and while we have our fair share of kooks and whackos, the truth is the Smash community is an incredible happenstance of the internet. Don't believe me? Go to a few local tournaments and talk to people. You'll make friends rather quickly.

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
Guys and gals, let's talk about something else, enough of the Grinch leak, it seems it is only going to get us into more arguments.
wow, okay!

wow, there is literally nothing to talk about that hasn't been talked about before.
anyway, the leak is X, anyone who Y's it is a Z.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Kind of days like this where I think turning off social media including Smashboards would probably do some people around here good.

The level of lunacy involved at this point is quite impressive.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So how many lives has the Grinch ruined at this point?
At the rate this thread's post amount is growing, I'm betting that even the Grinch is starting to get very annoyed with all the antics that's going on in here.

Grinch: I already have enough trouble getting ready to steal Christmas! I don't need this mumbo jumbo, nor that so-called Grinch leak nonsense!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So the Legend of Zelda TV show possibly is in development right now..

WELL EXXCUUUUUUUSSEE MEEE NINTENDO!
With the producer of the Castlevania Netflix Series?
I was already scared about Link talking, but hearing him saying certain words is gonna be even scarier...
This is gonna be a more family friendly show compared to Castlevania, Right?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>assuming everyone here can influence insiders
>even people like me, who only post on here and do things offline
This is just silly, we're not the Greek pantheon.

The only leaker I'm annoyed with is Verge anyway, and these days it's mostly because he somehow thinks going to Gamefaqs is a good idea.

What next, will people be banned for talking about leaks?

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
People need to step back and chill for a moment. I wish I had more to say, but that's the fact of the matter. Emotions have taken over discussion and now it's like reading FFXIV Metagame discussion up in here.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I can count at least 20 users who here are always "Uh Insiders just says there no Incineroar uh?! Not a proof"

A guy decide to help, sure by himself. But at what cost? His career.

At least it's to show you why Insiders can ONLY talk about Incineroar.

It's not because of some tinfoil hat theory or Leak bait. It's because Career and lifes are on the line.

That's what I meant about that precious "trust" because when you give your knowledge to someone else...that person basically have you and His job in his hands.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
It all started so nice.

Now we out here ending careers.

True, it was his own decision to leak the information, but I can't imagine the kind of pressure and harassment that was sent his way to make somebody like him crack.

I may need to step away from this community for a bit, until we at least get news.

Or Noipoi Noipoi finishes his second banner and @'s me. Eager to see that.

NineS

Smash Lord
Yup, not something I'm proud about. It's like BDSM it hurt but I like it.
I never knew you were into that kind of stuff.
Got some source for that?

His Twitter is private so I can't tell.

Mystic is going through a rough patch. He's going to be evicted pretty soon, and decided to put up a way for people to donate to him after so many people recommended it to him.

He feels like he's kind of sticking his neck out in the open by doing Smash leaks, and it puts a bit of a target on his head.

He's just looking for a way to avoid being stuck out in the streets.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Yes, several people. But you're blaming everyone who wants information on the actions of those "several people".
It’s quite obvious I was refrencing those who are fickle as **** about what they want instead of “generalizing”.

D

Deleted member

Listen, I have some pretty low thoughts on the Smash fanbase aside from a select few of people. I have seen the bad from this community. But I have also seen a bit of good.
If Mystic did bring this upon himself, then I agree he should've thought twice. But I can't blame him for doing what he did, given the absurd levels of BS this community will stoop too, espcially with harassament. Whatever the case, EVERYONE in this incident has taken Smash Speculation too far for their own good, and a now a good man pays the price for it.

"It's just a game? Why you have to be mad?"

Last edited by a moderator:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I think we all need to go on a three hour tour of the tropics. This Grinch business can't be good for sanity.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
As much as I'd like to avoid the toxicity, there's no way we can move on from this until another direct. People are going to keep bringing it up one way or another.

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Mystic literally admits it was his own responsibility. Stop trying to point fingers and blame people here. Instead of wasting your time screaming maybe you should use that energy to help him.
Yes, correct. The tweet itself for context
Screenshot_20181029-223928.png

So think twice before throwing people under the bus, folks.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
The Smash fanbase is the only fanbase that's even close to the toxicity of the Star Wars fanbase. **** you all, you pieces of ****

Last edited by a moderator:

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
There is a scenario that could unite team real and team insider and that is, hear me out, the banner is incomplete.

Yes, I know it sounds absolutely crazy but I also think its plausible for a few reasons.

1. Shadow, and Ken are echos so likely didn't require a ton of development time. It's possible Chorus Kids use recycled assets from Smash 4 that never got to see the light of day. Isaac is basically a recycled assist trophy, so he also didn't take as much development time as a normal character. Altogether these characters were made with greatly reduced development time.

2. The banner could still very much be a work in progress (with the creator still messing about with character positioning, for example, in the leak, part of Wii fit trainer's face is blocked. This is a big no no (i'm not a graphic designer but I know better than to block someones face in a picture) this implies that there is still adjustments to be made maybe in anticipation for...

3. Incineroar. The biggest contradiction between the two camps is that there is "no Incineroar" I think it's entirely possible that Incineroar simply hasn't been included in the banner yet because, again, the leak was the "work in progress" version.

I'm sure insiders have some quality information, but things are bound to change during development (hell plans change weekly at my work and we aren't doing anything nearly as complicated as developing a videogame) so who know's whose information is still completely 100% up to date. At the end of the day, we can all just get along and wait for things to blow over.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Do you guys want some definitive proof that the grinch leak is fake?

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Nah, most of us here are doing the right thing, honestly. Don't get caught up in the negativity of it all.

We're mostly passionate Smash Bros fans, but there are plenty of people who take it too far an escalate to aggression.

On both sides.

As long as you keep behaving with respect, you're not a jerk.

With a fanbase this large and this passionate, there are bound to be people who ruin it for everybody.
That's just humanity in general.

I've been lurking pretty much this whole time (since day 2 of Grinch leak) and haven't been doing much of anything other than reading and catching up on information silently and haven't chosen to say much until about now. That being said, I'd hate to be misidentified as a troublemaker just because of my enthusiasm for a new game. That isn't fair to me, personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom