• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I don't know anything about his translation position, but in many cases yes, yes it would.

I said this about the whole "Eric Bricard wouldn't get in trouble if the leaks were fake!!!" argument, and I will say it again here.

Your employer does not care if you are only "pretending" to violate NDA. Any attempts to use your access to confidential information to influence public opinion will be treated as a leak of information.

If he was responsible for translating anything that required any level of trust between him and a client, he just publicly proved his willingness to violate that trust.
This is a good point.

What Mystic said might not even be real, but the fact that he even said it is proof enough to potential employers that he is willing to spill the beans on stuff like this.

I do sympathize with him though. I hope he's able to get back on his feet.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sucks to see what happen to Mystic. I thought he didn't need to say more and was fair with his post yesterday/this morning. So its upsetting others forced him into.

He seems like a good guy. Hope he can get better and still get a job.

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
I think next direct will at 8 November, because it is still the year of the 8 by Nintendo (splatoon 2 and so on). First Smash Direct was 8.8.2018. Next Direct should be originally 7.9. The 8 November is exactly 1 month until release from Super Smash Bros Ultimate.
The release from this switch Super Smash Bros Ultimate Bundle is not a big deal. The game itself is not a part from this yet. So, why casting a Direct on this day?

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Not necessarily, if an employer realizes that one of their employees is willing to behave in a manner that suggests he/she would divulge secretive information ... that could be grounds for discharge. Even if the individual never did such an act, the fact that they tease it or potentially leaked faked information would be wrong.

Certainly if I was in charge of a translation company responsible for handling information not available for the public ... I would want to be sure that my employees behaved in a respectable manner online and not divulge what they do at work.
Ah, there it is. I should have realized that myself. Thank you for the explanation.

Ultimately, the only thing that has been proven about leaks such as this one is that people with inside information are essentially playing with fire. If they don't handle it properly they may get burned.

I hope people stop giving any other insiders crap now. The insiders have been in this game long enough to not say too much when something like this pops up. This is dangerous for many people and actual jobs and reputations are at stake here.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So the community is to blame for a guy that potentially ruined his career for a decision he himself made? No one held a gun to his head. If he knew the risks at all he would've kept his mouth shut.
Yeah while it's horrible what happened to Mystic and I really hope he can rebound through all of this, he willingly leaked this stuff. There's no need to blast the community for this.

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
"Okay guys I'll tell you what my sources have told me to try to clear things up...."

"**** INSIDERS! HE'S BACKPEDDLEING! WHAT A HACK!"

"Well, may have lost my job."

I hate this community sometimes.
You aren't a special snowflake yourself. It's fine if you feel bad that he lost his career, I do too, but don't just throw an entire community under a bus because some people act like this. Emphasis on SOME.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
“We want insiders to be more transparent! We want them to be less vague!”

*Mystic becomes transparent with us and behaves like everybody claims they want an insider to behave but it ends up that it may have costed him his job*

“Oh he should’ve kept his mouth shut then and not have flaunted information around”

Seriously, the **** guys. Do you even think about the **** you post before you do?

Edit: And this isn’t even what aboutism or anything of the sorts either. It’s legitimately the same people who whine about insiders being too vague who are whining about Mystic being too open.

Last edited:

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Enough with the ****ing Grinch.
How many more lives and careers are we gonna ruin because we want to know if our stupid puppets and rugs are playable or not?

Technically these people are doing it to themselves by delving into this sort of thing.

Also...let us please take a quick moment to acknowledge that Minecraft was something really special when the beta came out, and offered up something that pretty much no other title had before. It went downhill after all the spells and other things became available, though, and even moreso when it was sold to Microsoft.

Edit: From that Switch commercial we got to see Isabelle's fishing rod miss Yoshi (who jumped over it). It looks like the cooldown on the fishing rod was low

Last edited:

Originality

Smash Journeyman
We really are a buncha jerks, huh?
Just because some people who like the same thing as us are jerks doesn't mean we're all jerks. The community has some bad apples but literally every community has some bad apples.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I think next direct will at 8 November, because it is still the year of the 8 by Nintendo (splatoon 2 and so on). First Smash Direct was 8.8.2018. Next Direct should be originally 7.9. The 8 November is exactly 1 month until release from Super Smash Bros Ultimate.
The release from this switch Super Smash Bros Ultimate Bundle is not a big deal. The game itself is not a part from this yet. So, why casting a Direct on this day?
November 8
8 Characters

awert

Smash Rookie
“We want insiders to be more transparent! We want them to be less vague!”

*Mystic becomes transparent with us and behaves like everybody claims they want an insider to behave but it ends up that it may have costed him his job*

“Oh he should’ve kept his mouth shut then and not have flaunted information around”

Seriously, the **** guys. Do you even think about the **** you post before you do?
It's almost like those are two different groups of people or something.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
We really are a buncha jerks, huh?
Nah, most of us here are doing the right thing, honestly. Don't get caught up in the negativity of it all.

We're mostly passionate Smash Bros fans, but there are plenty of people who take it too far an escalate to aggression.

On both sides.

As long as you keep behaving with respect, you're not a jerk.

With a fanbase this large and this passionate, there are bound to be people who ruin it for everybody.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Congratulations guys, we got someone out of a job for some ****ing pixels in a game to be confirmed. Hope you’re proud of yourselves.
I get where you’re coming from, but can we please stop generalizing everyone together for the actions of a few?

I feel very bad for Mystic, and I believe the guy because he sounds sincere and has a good track record. But I didn’t make him leak anything and I didn’t harass him. Some lowlifes did.

Can we not fight amongst ourselves here?

D

Deleted member

*sigh*

I don't like the idea of anybody losing their work, but I wish Mystic hadn't replied to anybody.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
You aren't a special snowflake yourself. It's fine if you feel bad that he lost his career, I do too, but don't just throw an entire community under a bus because some people act like this. Emphasis on SOME.
I think this community in general needs to stop acting like a "Special snowflake" as you put it.

NO OTHER fighting game franchise goes to this length over character inclusions in their rosters.

There's a reason practically every other FGC thinks Smash is a bunch of manchildren.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom