• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Japan Time just sold the case that MTP is Chadondorf. Too many coincidences with his situation. If he is also the creator of the leak he is going down in Smash history, dear lord.
They really haven't. Pretty much everything in "favor" of that idea came out after a few people started positing the idea. The best potential piece of evidence would be his supposed "Chadondorf coverage" video he deleted, except the only evidence of its existence is him saying (today) that he deleted it.

HeroOfClocktown

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeroOfClocktown
LOOK AT OLIMAR'S GLOVE
LIKE I'VE BEEN TELLING YOU TO DO FOR THE PAST 3 POSTS

OH NONONONO NO WAIT YOU ACTUALLY CIRCLED IT
LIKE IT'S LITERALLY
RIGHT
THERE
GRAIZEN

View attachment 173502

DO YOU SEE THE COLOR? THE COLOR IN HIS CUFF LOOK AT IT
IT'S GREEN
IT'S LITERALLY GREEN
THE EXACT GREEN YOU'RE SAYING IS ISAAC'S VINE

PLEASE I AM LITERALLY ON MY HANDS AND KNEES BEGGING YOU TO DROP THIS POINT

Why does this matter so much to some people? Olimar's got green on the bottom/front of his shoes too, just above the red line..... but again, why?? What's this supposed to prove?

Last edited:

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, he didn't protect his tweets because of "harassment".

He leaked information that has cost him his career.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I still don't understand why people think Steve from Minecraft has anything to do with any leak. All that was said was "Minecraft content," not Steve. That could mean anything from an item to a stage to an Assist Trophy to even just a regular trophy. If "content" means "playable character," I'm pretty sure the leaks would just say "playable character."
It was just a meme that caught on, because, unfortunately, Minecraft is an easy target for ridicule for some reason.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Actually Mystic is fine. His Twitter is still up, just private.

So that's a fake lead.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Hope it was worth getting Smash news 3 days early guys.
Okay, I feel incredibly bad for Mystic, but...I don't feel this is something to shove onto team real. He did this to himself, he is experienced, he's been in this business for years. Yet he flubbed up and posted a potential leak for one of the biggest games of the year, perhaps ever.

I don't think you should throw this onto team real to guilt them.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Good things you're colorblind and Don't seems to see the difference between a gray on the green scale that is supposed to mimic the gradiant colors but got ****ed with JPEG compression and black
Yeah?
So please pick a grey on the green scale and compress it ultil it gets more green and not more grey please.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
This debate should have ended as soon as vaanrose appeared, period.

Enough with the ****ing green pixel.
Enough with the ****ing Grinch.
How many more lives and careers are we gonna ruin because we want to know if our stupid puppets and rugs are playable or not?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'll just say this.

**** you all, **** the smash community for being crying manchild.

I hope you understand why Insiders are trying to protect sources since it can cost them career.

Mystic was a nice guy and tried to play fair to try and help people, because some said he was talking out from his ass.

He decided to prove it. And look what happened.

I truly hope it gets better for him. And I now truly hope that Leak is fake just so what he did wasn't for nothing.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Saw someone on reddit float the idea that the reason the insiders aren't going into detail regarding their sources is because the sources are the playtesters. Might be a wild one but I thought it was an interesting read.

Untouch

Smash Master
Okay, I feel incredibly bad for Mystic, but...I don't feel this is something to shove onto team real. He did this to himself, he is experienced, he's been in this business for years. Yet he flubbed up and posted a potential leak for one of the biggest games of the year, perhaps ever.

I don't think you should throw this onto team real to guilt them.
I don't think either "team" is at fault here, rather the people who kept accusing him and hounding him for more info.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Let's explain to you guys using images:

View attachment 173489

YES the color "change", but no new colors apear.
Thats the point.
Now let me show you guys what im talking about:

View attachment 173492

See? There is not a Single Green here.
Thats the point!
You can pick this up and compress it to the end of the Universe and NO GREEN will apear here.
Yes it can.

Here is your own avatar put through Jpeg compression.

Look at all that green.

Please actually do research before spreading misinformation.

And again, since that reddit post insists that only Mac's shoe changes, it doesn't. Previously blue pixels in Olimar turn green as well.

This is expected behavior for lossy compression.

It's not even the only spot on Mac's shoe that turns green!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Japan Time just sold the case that MTP is Chadondorf. Too many coincidences with his situation. If he is also the creator of the leak he is going down in Smash history, dear lord.
This gets 1000 times crazier if mariotehplumber of all ****ing people received a real leak and made a post against it.

However watching him collapse would actually make the leak even better if it was fake because the backlash would be riots against him.

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
what did mystic say that could have possibly led him to some trouble ?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Why did we go back to the pixel thing

That’s debunk and always will be debunked
Some redditor tried to resurrect it and got enough momentum from other redditors for people to bring it back up as evidence.

Reddit's duuuuuumb.
Which is why I should probably stop posting there all the time.

Last edited:

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Actually Mystic is fine. His Twitter is still up, just private.

So that's a fake lead.
He tweeted that there are talks for him to step down from his translation position.

This wouldn't happen over fake leaks.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Not to sound awful but this goes to show you shouldn't risk spreading secret info for 3 min of internet fame. Hopefully he can get back up to his feet and find another job.

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
You know, I learned a lesson from this. At first, I thought it was alright to look at leaks because I went with the mentality of "Anybody can make a fake leak", but now, I think I'm just going to stay away from leaks in general. They just spoil the surprise of these announcements.
I'm still a little pessimistic, so I'm still on team fake, but we'll see over time.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I have access to his tweets. It seems to be about an issue with his roomates not paying the rent on time or something? He says he pays the bills all on time. I'm confused but I hope he'll be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom