• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
New question ive been thinking about. How to do want the Opening of Smash 5 to be? 64's use of ingame models OP, Melee's almost all cgi style OP, Brawl's splicing of Gameplay and Subspace OP, Wii U's version of that splicing gameplay and trailers OP, or 3ds's version of Brawl's cliff scene OP, or something new?
I'm hoping we get an actual opening cenematic like Melee this time around, and not just an amalgamation of gameplay footage and clips from SSE/trailers.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I would certainly like to see Jeff Manning be the announcer again. I loved the way he excitedly pronounced "A new record!" or how dissapointed he sounded when saying "Failure" back in Smash 64.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm hoping we get an actual opening cenematic like Melee this time around, and not just an amalgamation of gameplay footage and clips from SSE/trailers.
I always hated that, you can see game-play when you... Play the game? I want the game's opening to be unique. As a kid, I was beyond enamored with the Melee opening, I cannot imagine the poor kids who grew up on the trashier Smash titles opening screens. I would not even bother watching.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Regarding the announcer, imo they need to have a low voice. The low tones really give the sense of "This is awesome!" It has nothing to do with male vs female. If a female has an incredibly low voice, then I say go for it. But in general, males have lower voices, and their voices are more appropriate for a game like Smash.

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice
For an Opening, do a CGI cutscene. It doesn't need to be incredibly long like the other openings, but make sure it is brand new CGI.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly I kinda hope they bring Xander Mobus back. He's probably my favorite of the announcers.

?????????????

Smash Master
Melee easily had the best opening. I would love to see something like that again.

...If it comes down to a matter of "time," it wouldn't be a priority for me, but...it was so goooood~!

splat

Smash Lord
Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If Jeffrey Manning returns as both the voice of the announcer AND the Red Bomber, that will be the coolest Smash fact in Did You Know Gaming!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Speaking of CGI openings, since the release window is apparently so short compared to the last two games, what if they where to do like what they did with Melee where It's opening was It's reveal trailer, I guess if so, that might mean they'd end up revealing at least the starting roster of Smash Switch as soon as E3. (Assuming there are no red herrings like Ridley, Wolf and Samurai Goroh again.)

I don't really know the gap between Melee's reveal and its release though..

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Honestly I kinda hope they bring Xander Mobus back. He's probably my favorite of the announcers.
I want to agree because I love Xander Mobus, but I think I'd generally prefer having a brand new one.

Having a new announcer each game is part of what gives them their unique feeling, with how each announcer speaks differently from the others and sets the tone right away.

Regardless, I just hope we get the "SUPER SMASH BROTHERRRS!" in the intro again.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Since we're all uploading our rosters, I thought I would give mine a shot. It's mostly characters who I expect in the game with a few additions that are wishful thinking on my part.

Reasoning
Mario and Link are changed to their Odyssey/BoTW attires and have a few moves from those games in their moveset.

Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf are changed to their BoTW/HW attires respectively though their movesets stay intact (maybe Zelda's will change a bit IDK. I've given up hope on Ganon getting a rehaul, at least he'll have a better attire).

I feel Smash 5 may be Geno's time for inclusion. With him being considered for two game prior this game might be his chance. Otherwise I think the Mario newcomer spot will go to Captain Toad if Square Enix doesn't want to make it happen. Bowser Jr. gets cut I think because of him being low priority last time around so if there was a new Mario character he might (keyword "might" people) get excluded.

I think it's not out of the realm of possibility that DK gets two newcomers this time around. K. Rool for his Ballot presence and Dixie for the more recent DK games. The series absolutely can warrant that.

With Ridley I think we're looking at a Villager type situation where Sakurai has a change of mind for him like he did the latter. Either that or Ridley gets replaced by another Metroid character.

Bandana Dee gets in i'm almost sure. Kirby has had a lot of games in between the two releases (and on that note ever since it started) and Dee has been featured as the "Top 4" of that franchise.

Was tempted to add Wolf but I figured he's someone that would be added as DLC instead.

Either Decidueye gets in or a Gen 8 PKMN takes the spot of PKMN newcomer. Greninja cuts cut I feel to make room for whoever gets added in. There's always a chance he'll stay; however similar to Lucario.

FE is probably the most controversial here because Lucina and Corrin get cut though in return the main protag from FE16 is added in the game. Hopefully a non-sword fighter.

I was tempted to cut Dark Pit but I think he'll stay on the roster to give Kid Icarus a more solid representation on the roster. For that to happen either he'll be semi-cloned or he won't be on the roster at all similar to Lucina.

Isabella gets in because AC can warrant another character. I also feel an AC game is close to happening on the Switch.

Rex & Pyra will most likely get on the roster as a "team" of sorts. Xenoblade is big enough to have another character on the roster. Time constraints could work against the duo and if that were to happen I could see Elma getting in instead (my personal preference as well).

Spring Man and Labo are very iffy. ARMS was revealed like 6-8 months after development began so there's a chance they might not make it in. I doubt that personally and I think Sakurai made it a priority to get them in as a "last minute addition" of sorts because he saw the potential in that character. Labo would be the next Fit Trainer and i'm even more iffy on that character. Maybe Nintendo gave Sakurai info a lot of time beforehand and Labo was a last minute decision as well? I know a lot of these choices are done on the premise that Sakurai knew about the characters before hand. It's just my theory. Fit Trainer I think isn't making it next time round due to the "Wii" series being dead with that brand retired. Maybe.

Takamaru I feel is the most likely retro to be added in but I also added Andy from Advance Wars as well. I know, it's a longshot and I get that even if he's my most requested Smash character. The only reason I have him here is because this year marks the 30th anniversary of Famicom Wars back in 1988 so I have a shred of hope Intelligent Systems will finally allow this series to have a playable character to coincide with Smash Switch's release. It would also work out great because Andy would represent both the NES (Famicom Wars) and the GBA (Advance Wars) with his inclusion.

Dr. Mario (along with Lucas and Roy) I kept in the roster because I feel that Sakurai won't cut any characters who were previously cut beforehand. There's no rule saying this of course but honestly that's the way it should be. Alph gets promoted to clone status using his Rock Pikmin and Ribbon Girl is a clone of Spring Man similar to how Lucina was a clone of Marth.

Out of all the third parties added in Smash 4 I feel Megaman and Pacman are the safest. Sonic obviously because he's the face of third party Smash. Ryu I feel is also safe because of how iconic he is as "Mr. Fighting Games". Bayonetta is also safe with being the Ballot winner and her series having a major presence on Nintendo consoles (hopefully said return comes bundled with a nerf lol). Cloud I feel is a "Snake" kind of situation where he won't make the cut for the next game similar to how Snake didn't make Smash 4. Square Enix is Square Enix so I think he might not make it in the game next time round. I say this as someone who liked his inclusion as DLC and would want him to stay. Maybe he'll be re-added in as DLC again?

Bomberman I feel has a very good chance of inclusion as he's one of the big third party names yet to be included in Smash Bros. Rayman as well though for him i'm a bit iffy because there's a chance the Rabbids could get added in over him. I think Rayman would get in being the more classic, iconic character but who's to say?

Mii Fighters return along with two additional classes; Mii Magician and Mii Archer (something among the lines of that).

I also included characters who I think could be added in as DLC (barring advertisement characters not included here).

Most are third parties following the trend of Smash 4 DLC. Young Link I think is unlikely though he could always return with an MM inspired moveset and I think Travis is going to be the Bayonetta of the game. I feel that Scoprion would be the Cloud of this game as well if he was DLC (low chance, I know). Won't explain all of them here but you can ask me about any of these inclusions if you want.

Last edited:

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Not true. At least not in the sense of never.

There’s the CDI game where you play as her... but let’s not think about that. (she used a wand, but it acted like a rapier and did more or a stabby attack than a slash like Link had in 2D Zelda’s of the time).

Ocarina of time, but that’s an alter ego.

Twilight Princess she’s on riding with Link on Epona shooting the arrows of light. This one is Zelda as herself no alter ego fighting and canon.

And Hyrule Warriors she uses a rapier. And fights a lot. But not canon. Fun game though.

Plus She’s often part of the mages/maidens/sages seal evil beam move. So she can do a Care bear stare?
Well yeah, technically she has been in combat in regards to TP and just sealing crap in general... but then so does BotW Zelda, so the argument is still stupid.

Not to mention her entire moveset doesn't even take any inspiration from her actual abilities, barring her final smash and "hey I can use magic except it's never explain exactly what type of magic I do besides sealing so anything counts I guess". Like, when does she even use Nayru's Love, Farore's Wind, or Din's Fire? That's all Link's stuff.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
They're probably gonna bring back Mobius, because they're probably going to have most of the same modes, characters, and options in the game.

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
Since we're all uploading our rosters, I thought I would give mine a shot. It's mostly characters who I expect in the game with a few additions that are wishful thinking on my part.

Reasoning
Mario and Link are changed to their Odyssey/BoTW attires and have a few moves from those games in their moveset.

Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf are changed to their BoTW/HW attires respectively though their movesets stay intact (maybe Zelda's will change a bit IDK. I've given up hope on Ganon getting a rehaul, at least he'll have a better attire).

I feel Smash 5 may be Geno's time for inclusion. With him being considered for two game prior this game might be his chance. Otherwise I think the Mario newcomer spot will go to Captain Toad if Square Enix doesn't want to make it happen. Bowser Jr. gets cut I think because of him being low priority last time around so if there was a new Mario character he might (keyword "might" people) get excluded.

I think it's not out of the realm of possibility that DK gets two newcomers this time around. K. Rool for his Ballot presence and Dixie for the more recent DK games. The series absolutely can warrant that.

With Ridley I think we're looking at a Villager type situation where Sakurai has a change of mind for him like he did the latter. Either that or Ridley gets replaced by another Metroid character.

Bandana Dee gets in i'm almost sure. Kirby has had a lot of games in between the two releases (and on that note ever since it started) and Dee has been featured as the "Top 4" of that franchise.

Was tempted to add Wolf but I figured he's someone that would be added as DLC instead.

Either Decidueye gets in or a Gen 8 PKMN takes the spot of PKMN newcomer. Greninja cuts cut I feel to make room for whoever gets added in. There's always a chance he'll stay; however similar to Lucario.

FE is probably the most controversial here because Lucina and Corrin get cut though in return the main protag from FE16 is added in the game. Hopefully a non-sword fighter.

I was tempted to cut Dark Pit but I think he'll stay on the roster to give Kid Icarus a more solid representation on the roster. For that to happen either he'll be semi-cloned or he won't be on the roster at all similar to Lucina.

Isabella gets in because AC can warrant another character. I also feel an AC game is close to happening on the Switch.

Rex & Pyra will most likely get on the roster as a "team" of sorts. Xenoblade is big enough to have another character on the roster. Time constraints could work against the duo and if that were to happen I could see Elma getting in instead (my personal preference as well).

Spring Man and Labo are very iffy. ARMS was revealed like 6-8 months after development began so there's a chance they might not make it in. I doubt that personally and I think Sakurai made it a priority to get them in as a "last minute addition" of sorts because he saw the potential in that character. Labo would be the next Fit Trainer and i'm even more iffy on that character. Maybe Nintendo gave Sakurai info a lot of time beforehand and Labo was a last minute decision as well? I know a lot of these choices are done on the premise that Sakurai knew about the characters before hand. It's just my theory. Fit Trainer I think isn't making it next time round due to the "Wii" series being dead with that brand retired. Maybe.

Takamaru I feel is the most likely retro to be added in but I also added Andy from Advance Wars as well. I know, it's a longshot and I get that even if he's my most requested Smash character. The only reason I have him here is because this year marks the 30th anniversary of Famicom Wars back in 1988 so I have a shred of hope Intelligent Systems will finally allow this series to have a playable character to coincide with Smash Switch's release. It would also work out great because Andy would represent both the NES (Famicom Wars) and the GBA (Advance Wars) with his inclusion.

Dr. Mario (along with Lucas and Roy) I kept in the roster because I feel that Sakurai won't cut any characters who were previously cut beforehand. There's no rule saying this of course but honestly that's the way it should be. Alph gets promoted to clone status using his Rock Pikmin and Ribbon Girl is a clone of Spring Man similar to how Lucina was a clone of Marth.

Out of all the third parties added in Smash 4 I feel Megaman and Pacman are the safest. Sonic obviously because he's the face of third party Smash. Ryu I feel is also safe because of how iconic he is as "Mr. Fighting Games". Bayonetta is also safe with being the Ballot winner and her series having a major presence on Nintendo consoles (hopefully said return comes bundled with a nerf lol). Cloud I feel is a "Snake" kind of situation where he won't make the cut for the next game similar to how Snake didn't make Smash 4. Square Enix is Square Enix so I think he might not make it in the game next time round. I say this as someone who liked his inclusion as DLC and would want him to stay. Maybe he'll be re-added in as DLC again?

Bomberman I feel has a very good chance of inclusion as he's one of the big third party names yet to be included in Smash Bros. Rayman as well though for him i'm a bit iffy because there's a chance the Rabbids could get added in over him. I think Rayman would get in being the more classic, iconic character but who's to say?

Mii Fighters return along with two additional classes; Mii Magician and Mii Archer (something among the lines of that).

I also included characters who I think could be added in as DLC (barring advertisement characters not included here).

Most are third parties following the trend of Smash 4 DLC. Young Link I think is unlikely though he could always return with an MM inspired moveset and I think Travis is going to be the Bayonetta of the game. I feel that Scoprion would be the Cloud of this game as well if he was DLC (low chance, I know). Won't explain all of them here but you can ask me about any of these inclusions if you want.
This is a pretty realistic roster to be honest. I can see almost all of it happening, except for some of the DLC like Sora. Young Link with the MM moveset would be so cool.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah personally I would want Mobus to return to the game since it hasn't been that long since Smash 4 and that it's going to re-use a lot of that game's assets.

Though IMO Dean Harrington was the best announcer Smash has had. Jeff Manning was great as well when he would get so excited whenever you got a new record lol.
This is a pretty realistic roster to be honest. I can see almost all of it happening, except for some of the DLC like Sora. Young Link with the MM moveset would be so cool though.
Thanks! Yeah YL having some MM moves in addition to his Melee moveset would be great.

Last edited:

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
Guess I'm in the minority when I'd say Pat Cashman from Brawl was my favorite announcer. I think they're going with Mobus again though.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
This is a pretty realistic roster to be honest. I can see almost all of it happening, except for some of the DLC like Sora. Young Link with the MM moveset would be so cool.
With the exception of Labo, Andy, and Rayman, I can agree, but only because I can see a bigger focus on requests this time after the Smash ballot.

The only character I think is unlikely even with requests is Bandanna Waddle Dee. Geno I could probably see as a Mewtwo addition shortly after the game is released, but not before other characters. Especially Captain Toad or Paper Mario.

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Melee easily had the best opening. I would love to see something like that again.

...If it comes down to a matter of "time," it wouldn't be a priority for me, but...it was so goooood~!
Can't say I agree. Something about 64's intro that just made it my favorite. 64 just had this certain feeling to it that none of the other Smash games completely recaptured to me.

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
With the exception of Labo, Andy, and Rayman, I can agree, but only because I can see a bigger focus on requests this time after the Smash ballot.

The only character I think is unlikely even with requests is Bandanna Waddle Dee. Geno I could probably see as a Mewtwo addition shortly after the game is released, but not before other characters. Especially Captain Toad or Paper Mario.
True. I definitely would've added Captain Toad before Geno. I'd be fine with either one.

Bandana Dee really should be in the game but Sakurai seems to have a post-Air Ride bias of sorts so we'll see.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Bandana Dee really should be in the game but Sakurai seems to have a post-Air Ride bias of sorts so we'll see.
He does seem to have that bias, but let’s not forget he replaced Cook with Ultra Sword and put Triple Deluxe music on Dreamland 64. He may be in the beginning stages of getting past that.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

Reasoning

I like this roster. Looking Thick. Solid. Tight

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Guess I'm in the minority when I'd say Pat Cashman from Brawl was my favorite announcer. I think they're going with Mobus again though.
I think he's easily the worst one. By far. Felt like he had no enthusiasm whatsoever, but that could be because they got rid of that echoing effect.

Burruni

Smash Hero

Reasoning

Geno on the base roster, Sora as DLC, but Cloud stays cut?
Something's a little off there.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I'd love Xander Mobus to come back as well, but in my case it doesn't really matter as I'm from Spain and we get spanish voiceovers since Brawl. It's been the same dude in Brawl and Smash4 and, despite not being horrible.. he kind of sucks lol. I just hope for a voice language option in the game.

D

Deleted member

It honestly always bugged me in 4 that they never put Doc, Dark Pit, and Lucina in their respective franchises on the select screen :lol:
I know, right? It must be because that they were decided against being alts around Smash 4's development so they just plopped them in the last slots... but still. I really hope the developers put Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina in their correct spots. :p
Worse : maybe it's not even Mario.

I like how you chose a BrawlIntheFamily comic!
You get it. I am so used to his voice, that I really do hope that he returns in the next game. :)

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

Reasoning

Your cuts make no sense. And it's a little early to be assuming there will be any as the game may very likely be built upon what was already created for Smash for Wii U. You should wait for more information before being so bold.

D

Deleted member

That implies that only children misunderstand the problem which is objectively not the case. He was referring to people who have problems with clones, which again, I am not one of them. I am just recognizing that the quote was in poor taste.
No, it doesn't. You are going out of your way to see it in a context that's directly labeling anyone who complains about the clones as children, when you have to look at the whole quote.

Source Gaming Translation on what was said said:
Q: How did you decide on which clones to add?

There are three clones on the roster. Initially they were created as alternates, but during development they started to develop their own individual traits related to balancing, so we ended up making them different characters in order to separate their records. However, it was of the utmost importance that the workload on the project was not increased. They wouldn’t make it in if balancing had to be done from the start, so they were balanced relative to their original.

Lucina is Marth but with different properties on her sword. Dark Pit is nearly identical to Pit, but his side-B and Final Smash are different, so they ended up becoming separate character records. If Doctor Mario was the exact same as Mario, it would probably upset fans of the old Doctor Mario, so we included customs that can be used to make him more like he was in the past, if you would like.

To make an analogy, it’s as if you were prepared a luxurious, extravagant meal where the cost wasn’t a factor, and on top of that, you were served a free, worthwhile dessert. If this happened at a restaurant, I don’t think any patrons would make a ruckus and say, “change this to the main course!!”

However, this does happen with Smash. I understand that children may not understand the situation, which might be unavoidable. But can you please leave decisions regarding production to me? No matter how you think about it, it’s already a game that’s a bargain.
He is literally just saying that children might not really get why clones happen and that they are extras that don't increase workload and can't just be substituted for more characters that need to be made completely from scratch.

He is not saying that anyone that has a problem is a child. Not even close.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
No, it doesn't. You are going out of your way to see it in a context that's directly labeling anyone who complains about the clones as children, when you have to look at the whole quote.

He is literally just saying that children might not really get why clones happen and that they are extras that don't increase workload and can't just be substituted for more characters that need to be made completely from scratch.

He is not saying that anyone that has a problem is a child. Not even close.
That quote at the end was different than the one I saw before. This seems a lot more reasonable, not that he's talking down to his audience, just that he's probably fed up with roster complaints.

Anyways, call me an entitled child or whatever, but clones will always bother me. I actually like playing Lucina and Dark Pit in Smash, but they really stick out on the roster. But if we're going to have close, we could at the very least move them with their respective series to make the roster look cleaner.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I remember back during Smash for 3DS/Wii U speculation I was so confident in a lot of my character predictions.

Now I'm not confident in any of my character predictions, and it's kind of killing me inside. :drsad:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I really wouldn't mind Bulbasaur, Ivysaur or Venusaur in Smash Switch.

Pokemon Go Bulbasaur event this weekend. Maybe there will be a Smash announcement?

Photo on 3-21-18 at 4.19 PM.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Would not moveset potential naturally be a factor for character consideration too or is that irrelevant?
Guests aren't added the same way a regular character is.

It isn't just looking at what's out there and what they can do.
A LOT of it has to do with fan popularity and demand first and foremost, and to be frank, Doom Slayer and Dohvakiin weren't really supported for Smash much until Skyrim's and Doom's Switch announcements. And even then, the support is meager at best overall.
I see a bigger deal being made for Solaire of Astora over Dark Souls Remastered (though the amiibo probably helps with that) than either Doom Slayer or Dohvakiin for their Switch releases.

That's not to say I see Solaire being likely unless Namco Bandai is involved with this Smash and they themselves talked to Sakurai about the idea for whatever reason when they were drawing up ideas for Solaire's own amiibo. But that's rather farfetched when Solaire was only in the first Dark Souls, which meant he hasn't had a true appearance since 2012 other than the fandom.
In other words, Solaire would be DLC at best.

I suppose when it comes down to it, Bethesda would focus more on helping Nintendo with support with Switch ports than suggesting to Sakurai for a Skyrim or DOOM character. So you have a point.

Do you think all of the new third party ports that open the gates for characters like Crash, Sans, etc. would be not considered for the base game because of timing of roster planning potentially in early 2016? Would they have the best chance as DLC, if it happens?
Crash still had fan support for Smash prior to N. Sane Trilogy's initial release, so I can see him being at least briefly considered regardless.
Sans on the other hand....
As notorious as Undertale is, and despite the fact Sakurai is on record to having played it before, I can't see Sans being given serious consideration unlike Shovel Knight.
As possible DLC if he proves popular enough now that he has a Nintendo appearance to cling to? Maybe. But not base roster.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm thinking that depends on how many trailers as it seems to me that Melee, Brawl and 4 had a set budget for Pre-Rendered stuff and used it in different ways.

Smash 4's amalgam intro was better than Brawl but I think Villager's trailer slightly reworked would have been a better intro.

I suspect that there'll be less trailers this time as there's a more solid release date than most hype periods so they couldn't make a full intro out of it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I just find the influx of "x for Smash" that comes simply from the reveal of a character receiving a game on a Nintendo platform quite tiring. Like it's ever been a case of one recent game making or breaking a third-party's inclusion, Bayonetta notwithstanding as that was due to extenuating circumstances. Sonic, Snake, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu and Cloud... did any of them get included because *gasp* a single serendipitous title graced a Nintendo platform?

Not to mention how ephemeral the support is. Remember when people were talking about Doomslayer and Dohvakiin? Remember Neku? Now it's Crash and Sans and Solaire and whoever else happens to flutter through peoples' short term memory. In a few months it'll be characters from the third-party games shown at E3. All these allegiances evaporate so quickly when something newer and shinier gets shoved in our faces. What's up with that. Comes off very superficial.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom