• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Don't remember him saying the assist trophy part
It was linked a couple pages ago from someone who DM'd him. Either someone'll have the link or you'll have to go back to try and find it. If I manage to find it before someone else does, I'll post it.

Edit: I found the image, but can't remember who linked it, sorry.

screen-shot-2018-10-29-at-06-03-45-png.png

Last edited:

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
An insider who spilled the beans just put his account on private.
(Mystic)

He said that: Geno Isaac Shadow and Ken are mostly confirmed. The banner seems fake because one of the characters is an AT.

Also it has been brought that Bill Trinen had lunch with Nintendo on E3, so it seems there is at least good relationship.
What has Mystic properly leaked before though in order for us to believe him though? As far as i know he only, using his own words "hinted at Isabelle"
I... think you mean Phil Spencer btw, not Bill Trinen

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I. Guessing grinch leak still alive

But if the grinch leak is fake I think 5 out of 7 plus incineroar might happen

Ken
Shadow
Isaac
Geno
Mach rider

Mach rider is the whole reason I’m leaning toward real to begin with

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
Also i really want this to be real because Kencineroar is shaping up to be one of the most anticlimactic finales to a base roster in ages.

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I. Guessing grinch leak still alive

But if the grinch leak is fake I think 5 out of 7 plus incineroar might happen

Ken
Shadow
Isaac
Geno
Mach rider

Mach rider is the whole reason I’m leaning toward real to begin with
You can't go half way in. If you say the Grinch leak is real then all characters in it are in.

D

Deleted member

This thread moved another 100 pgs inside of a day. That usually means something happened, but the most I can see is something about another insider decrying the banner as fake, but a good chunk of the characters it showed as real anyway? You know, we wouldn't be having this problem if that last direct gave us at least one more character. It could have been an echo; it could have been Ken and people would have been fine. But a half-second look at Isabelle tacked on at the end of a direct really did not do it for most people and that's why everybody's going so nuts. The only people who appear to have 'patience' are the ones who really wanted Isabelle to begin with.

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
Don't remember him saying the assist trophy part
I've seen it in reddit, it was a pic with a MD. Let me look it for you.

Agh, can't find it. There is like 3k thousands comments already on the new megathread :/

Bill Trinen works at Nintendo...
Woops, I meant the MS guy.

It's not my day today lol, so many mistakes.

Last edited:

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
I feel that Mach Rider would be the one to get revealed in another character's trailer. If they had their own, they'd definitely be the most obscure character to get a full dedicated trailer. Retro reps can get trailers - Duck Hunt showed that. But then Duck Hunt is much more iconic than Mach Rider is.

If Mach Rider did get their own trailer, I'd imagine it being bike based: s/he could be racing against Wario, Cloud and Link.
Why not Captain Falcon?

D

Deleted member

There is also the possibility they will cram all 5 fighters into one long reveal trailer.

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
I also wouldn't discard, as it has been proposed surely multiple times, that Incineroar was leaker bait, a tactic that Bandai Namco has admittedly implemented multiple times alredy.
Even more, if we entertain this insider information thing, if said "insiders" truly exist and were fed misinformation, it might have been enouh for one of them to have gotten this info and spread it around to others in his insiders circle that trust them, meaning that multiple people that have contact with multiple insiders were fed misinformation about Incineroar being in thanks to only one person that was targetted to be plucked out by feeding them misinformation and seeing how it spread

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Not even close. No one agreed on anything.

Incineroar not being DLC almost defeats the purpose of him being in the game at said time. Once DLC starts rolling, TPCi marketing is going to be switched to LGPE as well as Gen 8. Any Pokemon DLC will come in the form of whoever Sakurai/TPCi wants to promote.

That being said, I do believe Incineroar is in with all the amount of insiders verifying these claims and that the banner leak could be both real and fake in a sense that the banner isn't real but characters like Isaac and Geno are.
Eh, by all accounts Incineroar is still a significantly promoted pokemon, and it's still a year out from Gen 8's release. Additionally this kind of sentiment acts like Sakurai had no say in the matter of Incineroar's inclusion and it was just all TPC's decision, when Incineroar would be decided in the first place because Sakurai saw something worthwhile in him, and if he was decided later in development for deliberate frontline DLC he had his Japanese popularity to also go off of. Then if it's the scenario where Incineroar was a low priority character that couldn't be finished in time for the base game, he still would have had significant work done on him or maybe even be nearly finished, at which point there's no reason to throw all that work away instead of finishing it for DLC, regardless of if Gen 7 is still "relevant" or not.

Who knows what is going on with Incineroar, but I find it fully plausible he ends up DLC.

Last edited:

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
Still loads of confusion. Mystic apparently dipped out for some reason citing a new contact or something and that what he said was false, but no clue WHAT is false
The part about one character on the mural being an assist trophy is false ;)

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
There is also the possibility they will cram all 5 fighters into one long reveal trailer.
Which is unlikely, but possible.
And we say 5 original, potentially 6 with inciniroar and the two echos. The 8.8 had characters as bookends. So dividing by 5/6 seems to be tough.

I also wouldn't discard, as it has been proposed surely multiple times, that Incineroar was leaker bait, a tactic that Bandai Namco has admittedly implemented multiple times alredy.
Even more, if we entertain this insider information thing, if said "insiders" truly exist and were fed misinformation, it might have been enouh for one of them to have gotten this info and spread it around to others in his insiders circle that trust them, meaning that multiple people that have contact with multiple insiders were fed misinformation about Incineroar being in thanks to only one person that was targetted to be plucked out by feeding them misinformation and seeing how it spread
I am unsure about that. Seems like something the Pokemon company would be against. Being bait is showing exactly what would happen. Turning "real" fans into cannibals. I am pretty sure any creator would want to avoid being bait.

I think they would have chosen someone else honestly.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

Edink

Smash Cadet
Definitely same lol. My actual actual prediction list (Ken, Incineroar, Geno) doesn't intrest me at all, so I'm also just predicting Skull Kid on the side because he's the only possible newcomer at this point who I still think has even a slither of a chnace that I'm interested in.
Yeah, well, I know that it is a bit off but what happened to the "chairs theory" and " missing AT " (plus the moon AT thing)?. I mean, it could be easily hints for a boss fight aaaaaand the whole thing with the chairs was a bit crazy but, idk, it made sense at least for me.

Or maybe I'm just holding onto the dream.

Anyways, even if is not in I'm hoping for DLC. plisu

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Lol you don't get to force people to go all in if they're thinking that a fraction of the leak is true, or that a fraction of the characters from the leak get in
I'm not forcing him. I'm just saying if the leak is real then that means all the characters get in. If only some of the characters get in then that means the leak was fake.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Here you go. Follow Nekoo Nekoo 's posts upward and you'll see the whole story.

He changed the characters he was confident on like 3 times
Okay, thanks
View attachment 173179

Oh yeah Mystic is actually answering to DM right now.
Chorus Kids, Isaac and Ken are the one he's almost certain in.

Source

He later say that him not saying Geno isn't a contradiction.

Probably that he's not 100% on Geno still
Oh please, oh please, oh please be true...
I would be so bummed if they became an assist, especially after being planned for Smash 4...
Hopefully, it's my bois' time to shine

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
It was linked a couple pages ago from someone who DM'd him. Either someone'll have the link or you'll have to go back to try and find it. If I manage to find it before someone else does, I'll post it.

Edit: I found the image, but can't remember who linked it, sorry.

View attachment 173243
Not that i truly trust his info since he changed it a few times, but the AT can't be:

- Ken
- Shadow
- Isaac
- Geno
- Chorus Kids

Since he "Confirmed" all 5 of them technically.

My guess is he's hinting at Mach rider being an AT? Banjo literally would set the Smash fan base on fire if he was an AT and I doubt Microsoft or Sakurai would ever want him as one only.

Edit: And it's ALSO possible one of his sources confused an AT for an actual character or the AT was promoted to character after some time. Who knows

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Anything happen while I was asleep?
Not from what I can see. Same thing. People arguing over nothing. Insiders arguing over information. People hating on other peoples favorite characters.
So much smugness.

And me still posting about boxes.

beans

Smash Lord
So I just finished reading the new Leak Review twitter thread and he said something about a source of theirs.
YOU HAVE A SOURCE, HE HAS A SOURCE, I HAVE A SOURCE!!
IS THERE ANY OTHER SOURCES AROUND HERE?!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Imagine if Ridley & King.K weren't announced yet and were on the Grinch banner.

Ohhhhh boy, it wouldn't be good to see.

D

Deleted member

Not that i truly trust his info since he changed it a few times, but the AT can't be:

- Ken
- Shadow
- Isaac
- Geno
- Chorus Kids

My guess is he's hinting at Mach rider being an AT? Banjo literally would set the Smash fan base on fire if he was an AT and I doubt Microsoft or Sakurai would ever want him as one only.
Either that or Banjo-Kazooie.

We've got two other 3rd party characters confirmed as AT right now (Bomberman & Shovel Knight) so it's not impossible.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, Mach Rider would make the perfect 'retro pick' (if the trend continues) and a lot of people outside of forums/4chan would view that as the 'wtf' pick (since Retro picks tend to actually be wtf picks), so it's more likely that Mach Rider is legit, than not.

Last edited by a moderator:

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020

- Ken
- Shadow
- Isaac
- Geno
- Chorus Kids

My guess is he's hinting at Mach rider being an AT?
I don't fully trust his word either. My guess is actually on Mach Rider, too, as being the AT. If it is true that someone on that banner isn't a playable character.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Imagine if Ridley & King.K weren't announced yet and were on the Grinch banner.

Ohhhhh boy, it wouldn't be good to see.
If Ridley was not announced, and the Grinch banner happened, the Too Big wars would be so ugly, they would probably have to close the topic. It was probably a good thing they put Ridley second.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
So I just finished reading the new Leak Review twitter thread and he said something about a source of theirs.
YOU HAVE A SOURCE, HE HAS A SOURCE, I HAVE A SOURCE!!
IS THERE ANY OTHER SOURCES AROUND HERE?!
My uncle that works at Nintendo. He claimed Shrek was in due to his popularity in the ballot.

beans

Smash Lord
Not from what I can see. Same thing. People arguing over nothing. Insiders arguing over information. People hating on other peoples favorite characters.
So much smugness.

And me still posting about boxes.
Are your boxes smug as heck?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I haven't posted here in forever, but in case the Grinch leak is real, who are you all rallying behind for DLC, if they do make DLC?

We from the Dixie thread are planning to make ourselves heard and try to get Dixie into the game, for example, to round out the "DK, Diddy, K. Rool and Dixie" quartet that old-school DKC once had.
I'll do a top five. Sort of. Some people share spots. I haven't really thought about who I'm throwing my ENTIRE support behind, but...

1. Elma - I don't want Rex & Pyra to make it in over a deserving Xenoblade protagonist from one of the Wii U's best games just because of bad timing. While I'm not that interested in XBC2, I'll support them getting in if Elma is included as well.

2. Phoenix Wright/Professor Layton - I'll personally be voting for Phoenix, but supporting both because you can't have one without the other. They were absolute pillars of the DS era, iconic protagonists from excellent games that helped keep Nintendo successful. Plus I like Layton more than Jibanyan and I want Level 5 to have rep. Ace Attorney is one of my all time favorite series'.

3. Travis Touchdown. I don't like to throw the word "deserving" around but you want to talk about someone who deserves to be in Smash, it's SUDA51. The dude pushed out No More Heroes 2 for the Wii when Brawl was delayed just so Nintendo could have a big holiday release. He was even thanked in the Brawl credits. No More Heroes was a subversive and brilliant and wild series for the Wii and personally was my introduction to mature games (or rather, mature games at a time where I was officially old enough to play them and not sneaking games of Conker and Mortal Kombat at a friend's house). With Travis Strikes Again coming out for Switch, now is the time to put the number one assassin in Smash!

4. Neku Sakuraba. The World Ends With You Final Remix is out and even if it's not as good as the DS original that doesn't mean it's not still good. A fantastic character or set of characters depending on how many partners he gets, a standout of the DS era to which I am biased, and an absolute blast to play I have no doubt. Tons of moveset potential and he's more relevant than ever. This could be his time.

5. 2B/Joker. I feel like this is much less of a pipe dream than I once thought. With 2B being so perfectly represented in Soulcalibur 6, it shows that Squeenix cares about NieR enough to use the series in crossovers. Now, I'd want Automata at least to be on the Switch first but despite the relatively small Smash fandom 2B has I feel like there's a silent pocket of us who really, really want her in. The fact is, NieR Automata is my favorite game and to have the face of my favorite game in Smash would be a dream. Still, it feels pipe dream-y since it's not a Nintendo game. Same with Joker and Persona 5. Joker at least has Persona Q 2 coming soon where he's taking center stage and even if he's not my favorite protagonist for the Persona series (hello, FeMC from P3P), Persona 5 is my favorite JRPG. The aesthetics and moves together would make a fast, flashy character that is ready to steal your heart in style. Plus, Xander Mobus is already the Smash announcer. The voice actor is already there!! Just do it!

If there's a DLC ballot rest assured you can find me pushing those characters hard. Travis and Neku especially have such small support groups despite placing decently well on polls, and 2B's thread I'm sure will be carried on mine and NineS's backs. Layton's thread is doing well, Phoenix's comes and goes, and Joker's is okay. But either way I'll be pushing hard for all of them if I can.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Are your boxes smug as heck?
Absolutely. They are also snuggly and keeps me warm.
But it is better then people wanting to box others, trying to shame people who disagree, trying to crap on others favorite characters, trying to target to target those who agree and all the other nonsense the fans have been doing.

I'll do a top five. Sort of. Some people share spots. I haven't really thought about who I'm throwing my ENTIRE support behind, but...

1. Elma - I don't want Rex & Pyra to make it in over a deserving Xenoblade protagonist from one of the Wii U's best games just because of bad timing. While I'm not that interested in XBC2, I'll support them getting in if Elma is included as well.

2. Phoenix Wright/Professor Layton - I'll personally be voting for Phoenix, but supporting both because you can't have one without the other. They were absolute pillars of the DS era, iconic protagonists from excellent games that helped keep Nintendo successful. Plus I like Layton more than Jibanyan and I want Level 5 to have rep. Ace Attorney is one of my all time favorite series'.

3. Travis Touchdown. I don't like to throw the word "deserving" around but you want to talk about someone who deserves to be in Smash, it's SUDA51. The dude pushed out No More Heroes 2 for the Wii when Brawl was delayed just so Nintendo could have a big holiday release. He was even thanked in the Brawl credits. No More Heroes was a subversive and brilliant and wild series for the Wii and personally was my introduction to mature games (or rather, mature games at a time where I was officially old enough to play them and not sneaking games of Conker and Mortal Kombat at a friend's house). With Travis Strikes Again coming out for Switch, now is the time to put the number one assassin in Smash!

4. Neku Sakuraba. The World Ends With You Final Remix is out and even if it's not as good as the DS original that doesn't mean it's not still good. A fantastic character or set of characters depending on how many partners he gets, a standout of the DS era to which I am biased, and an absolute blast to play I have no doubt. Tons of moveset potential and he's more relevant than ever. This could be his time.

5. 2B/Joker. I feel like this is much less of a pipe dream than I once thought. With 2B being so perfectly represented in Soulcalibur 6, it shows that Squeenix cares about NieR enough to use the series in crossovers. Now, I'd want Automata at least to be on the Switch first but despite the relatively small Smash fandom 2B has I feel like there's a silent pocket of us who really, really want her in. The fact is, NieR Automata is my favorite game and to have the face of my favorite game in Smash would be a dream. Still, it feels pipe dream-y since it's not a Nintendo game. Same with Joker and Persona 5. Joker at least has Persona Q 2 coming soon where he's taking center stage and even if he's not my favorite protagonist for the Persona series (hello, FeMC from P3P), Persona 5 is my favorite JRPG. The aesthetics and moves together would make a fast, flashy character that is ready to steal your heart in style. Plus, Xander Mobus is already the Smash announcer. The voice actor is already there!! Just do it!

If there's a DLC ballot rest assured you can find me pushing those characters hard. Travis and Neku especially have such small support groups despite placing decently well on polls, and 2B's thread I'm sure will be carried on mine and NineS's backs. Layton's thread is doing well, Phoenix's comes and goes, and Joker's is okay. But either way I'll be pushing hard for all of them if I can.
I do hope for Elma also. I really like her design. Did not play the game because of censorship, but I really hope she gets a DLC chance. I also hope for both PW and Layton. Can't have one without the other. They were the reason to buy a DS. But if we do get PW, I want a Sissel Assit Trophy. Or a Ghost Trick ghost (Missle man!) trophy in general.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom