• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Just a prediction, but I'd watch ACP closely today. This is the first time they'd be in the spotlight during the working week and have a real chance to issue statements about the leak.

If nothing happens today, I'd wonder why they didn't issue anything like Marina did.

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
Just a prediction, but I'd watch ACP closely today. This is the first time they'd be in the spotlight during the working week and have a real chance to issue statements about the leak.

If nothing happens today, I'd wonder why they didn't issue anything like Marina did.
ACP isn't going to respond is they're under a non-disclosure agreement, they'll probably fire the guy and keep quiet.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Thanks. Actually I thought instead of wasting a special move on it, i'll make it a smash hit just like Peach (frying pan, tennis racket, golf club). Goemon (bronze, silver, gold) ;)
Thanks for the mention too.
qas buds? this totally escapes me. Which rpg are we talking about? MSX, NES, PS2, GBA, PS.. I don't think I came across this before.
Was buds.

It is ganbare goemon gaiden 2

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Give it time, it could spiral downwards like that again. Though, I truly hope it doesn't...that was a mess to read through. Probably even worse to be a part of. These past few days have certainly been...eventful.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
One thing's for certain.

Any of the 7 not actually in will see a gargantuan wave of support for a theoretical Smash ballot.

marth_t90

Smash Cadet
mornin lads
During an image search, I came across this:

View attachment 173242

https://gbatemp.net/threads/super-smash-bros-4-rpg-edition-a-css-mod.434539/

Would be cool if some folks did the same thing for Ultimate.

Edit: Turns out the illustrations were by MAST3R-RAINB0W.

Not quite, there's still a handful that believe in the box theory and won't budge by principle. I just hope they'll be pleasantly surprised if they're wrong.
would love a marth one!!

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
ACP isn't going to respond is they're under a non-disclosure agreement, they'll probably fire the guy and keep quiet.
But if we assume the leak is fake, they are aware of the situation and they aren't even working for nintendo on smash material there would be no reason for them to not come out and discredit this, landing possibly the biggest blow so far to the leak

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
I still think that we’ll get all 7 revealed, and when they do a 100 Fact Extravaganza or something they’ll be like “SURPRISE! Incineroar is DLC”

KingBroly

Smash Lord
One thing's for certain.

Any of the 7 not actually in will see a gargantuan wave of support for a theoretical Smash ballot.
I imagine Banjo & Kazooie and Isaac got a lot of support last time as well.

But I think this is it. It's now or never.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Waiting for direct announcement
Didn't the Grinch not hear what he was expecting? Shouldn't this imply that we are not getting the promised characters but instead getting something different, like the 2 from the box theory.

Grinch did not get what he wanted.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
One thing's for certain.

I'll put it this way: Even without a ballot, these characters are definitely going to be the most requested (if they weren't already) and have overwhelming support that I see most of them getting in 1 way or another.

Additionally, Sakurai has already let it be known that he does pull from the ballot, specifying that K. Rool was one of the shocking ones. If the man put in K. Rool, a character who has had less relevance than any of the characters on the leaked banner save for maybe Mach Rider, each and every character there is probably on Sakurai's radar due to the ballot and has a likely chance to be considered.

It's why I'm putting so much faith into the leak, none of the character seem THAT outlandish considering we know how he put in K. Rool. I'd even argue some of these characters were higher than K. Rool on the ballot.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Wait, why are so many people here now believing the insiders saying that the banner isn't real? Why the shift?
Because most everyone on here have very weak constitutions about what they believe when it comes to Smash speculation. If anyone says literally anything about Smash, with or without tangible evidence and just mere text, half of everyone on here will doubt everything they've ever believed in. Tis' the way of the Boards.

ExitWound

Smash Journeyman
Didn't the Grinch not hear what he was expecting? Shouldn't this imply that we are not getting the promised characters but instead getting something different, like the 2 from the box theory.

you're right, instead he heard something even better:
sans, pewdiepie, plankton, and shaq are the final newcomers

Rhmbus

Smash Rookie
I'm personally on Team Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst (FOREVER YOUNG, I WANNA BE-)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I readed this a few times, and taking the point of what insiders are saying about the banner ( although I know the whole conspiracy about Nintendo involved in this ). Who do you think is out?
I'm gonna get a lot of flack for this, but I think it's Banjo Kazooie. The friendliness towards Microsoft and Nintendo is a recent thing (yes I know Phil tweeted about in back in 2015, but still, idk... that was still only Microsoft's side... Nintendo might have been stubborn on their end), and all of the other characters seem to have some intriguing evidence towards their inclussion...

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990

No he implied to spoil the roster and ruin the surprise but when the trailers come people will still be happy.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So basically after all that mess last night, everyone is sorta in agreement that we’ll get all 7 and Incineroar as DLC?
Not even close. No one agreed on anything.

Incineroar not being DLC almost defeats the purpose of him being in the game at said time. Once DLC starts rolling, TPCi marketing is going to be switched to LGPE as well as Gen 8. Any Pokemon DLC will come in the form of whoever Sakurai/TPCi wants to promote.

That being said, I do believe Incineroar is in with all the amount of insiders verifying these claims and that the banner leak could be both real and fake in a sense that the banner isn't real but characters like Isaac and Geno are.

Last edited:

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
What's the update on the situation?
An insider who spilled the beans just put his account on private.
(Mystic)

He said that: Geno Isaac Shadow and Ken are mostly confirmed. The banner seems fake because one of the characters is an AT.

Also it has been brought that Bill Trinen had lunch with Nintendo on E3, so it seems there is at least good relationship.

Also general insider distrust and insiders claiming we are a bunch of idiots.

That's sums up.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
He said that: Geno Isaac Shadow and Ken are mostly confirmed. The banner seems fake because one of the characters is an AT.
Don't remember him saying the assist trophy part

Ultinarok

Smash Lord

I bet you were that kid on Christmas that loved the season because it meant you could get so many wonderful boxes and discard their worthless contents.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
(Mystic)

Also it has been brought that Bill Trinen had lunch with Nintendo on E3, so it seems there is at least good relationship.

That's sums up.
Also note (and it's super important to), that Mystic ALSO said Chorus Kids are in, then said he wasn't sure about Geno. He's flip-flopping because he doesn't have concrete information

Cheesehead302

Smash Rookie
So the Insiders are claiming fake, but most of the characters are confirmed with the others they have no info about? What even is this lol
This could simply be the guy making this leak made some good guesses, nothing else. I'm beginning to lean towards Team Fake.

D

Deleted member

On an aside, I really like how people who don't like Minecraft use the Ugly Steve design for the character, or any variation. I find it amusing.

Seriously; how many times did we have to argue that "Sales should not equal Representation" during the weekend?

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I would argue strongly that K Rool is more relevant than Geno to be fair
Yes, I agree. All of them have varying degrees of relevancy. But I guess we can all agree they definitely had presence on that ballot and he's seen it.

After all, it is his job to probably spend months on deciding the roster.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Maybe Bill Trinen is planning to return to Nintendo after being replaced by a kid.

You mean Phil from xbox team right?

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
(Mystic)

That's sums up.
Bill work at nintendo...

Phil? PHIL? PHIL?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom