• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wambo

Smash Ace
Not by calling Eric's place of employment, that's for sure.

We can look back into prior smash cycles and see if Nintendo/Bandai ever outsourced promotional materials but honestly even if they did, that has little bearing on how they're doing things this time around.
I'm not suggesting that, I just didn't know if there were ways online we could check at all.

Man. I know the Smash team has already done so much for us, but it just makes too much sense that they'd want to have one big bang before release where they announce these characters. It just doesn't make sense not to this time around.

Smash Direct soon plz, Mr. Sakurai

IcyBrawler

Smash Apprentice
YIKES, 2B IN SC6?

What's next, Shre- wait no Tekken already did this with Negan from Walking Dead.

I believe that Steve may have a chance as DLC to join the Super Smash Bros Ultimate.
Why are people acting like this is a surprise and so weird? 2B is literally one of the most requested (if not the most) request guests for Soul Calibur. Seriously in pre-release I only heard "they should add 2B!" or "they should add a Dark Souls character!"

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I'm starting to wonder if the "insiders" are actually just people doing damage control for Nintendo this time around. Like, Sakurai got smart and realized that the people who spread the leaks last time were dudes like GameXplain, Serebii, etc. Let's say "Incineroar" was leak bait so Nintendo would know if one of their damage controllers weren't trustworthy, which is, naturally, why we know about him. So someone ****ed up and let him slip, and now everyones confused as hell why there's suddenly a possibility of more characters than they were initially told.

If that's the case... O O M P H.
I had the same idea but I don’t think they’re doing purposely if that’s the actual case. Honestly the Mystic and Spawn Wave situations were just weird. Mystic went from being convinced its real to not being sure and admitted he had multiple people tell him different things after he tweeted that. Spawn Wave went from being 50/50 to not believing it to going back to being 50/50. Everyone else just seems to be sticking to their original sources though. But if its real I don’t doubt at all that Nintendo sent out their Ninjas to clean everything up with how weirdly unsure some people are.

beans

Smash Lord
Anyway, offers still open on Team End.
Do you want to smug other peoples but cant choose a side?
Then join the ones who are waiting to decide when the next direct comes around, we're totaly different than those other groups that also are on the fence and also are waiting a direct, trust me, my dog is a nintendog

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'm not suggesting that, I just didn't know if there were ways online we could check at all.

Man. I know the Smash team has already done so much for us, but it just makes too much sense that they'd want to have one big bang before release where they announce these characters. It just doesn't make sense not to this time around.

Smash Direct soon plz, Mr. Sakurai

Some of us already checked things that his new company were doing...
They're mostly doing stuff you see in supermarket and they did some game related things, mostly Ubisoft and mobile game.

However, 0 Movie stuff as far as I know.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
for those saying this is too hard to fake, a reminder

some people really do have all the time in the world

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Look at this absolute unit:
The Chad Grinch Leak Army.png

Anyway, I don't see why 5-7 more characters are outlandish, especially when two are likely echoes. I know Sakurai alluded to less newcomers, but there's always the possibility that he wanted to surprise people with some more popular requests like how he surprised people with "Everyone is Here!" back at E3.

I know more characters means more needed development, but that's why you get more devs on different characters / groups of characters, as each unique one takes a year.

At least what Mystic confirmed seems to end the Box Theory if his sources are telling the truth.

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
Same thing happened with esrb leak man

Nintendo did nothing about the sue wasn’t till after the game came out
Someone make a gif of a nervous, sweating French boi sitting on a chair in a dark room surrounded by Nintendo ninjas, twiddling his thumbs and waiting for his judgement to be given.

(Seriously, Eric or whoever leaked this, I know you broke the law, but I feel bad for you right now man. ****'s scary.)

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I just want a Direct soon just because I'm getting tired trying to avoid all the supposed leaks going around. I don't really believe leaks much, but if I've seen one and it ends up being true, it will just really take down on the official reveal on the characters and other aspects and I just don't want to potentially be spoiled. ...probably not a good idea to come into this thread then to begin with but hey, I never claimed to be a smart person. :p

KMDP

Smash Legend
Kira Queen daizan no bakudan, BITEZ ZA DUSTO!
AH... AHH... AHHHHHH!

*boom*
(btw, it's "daisan", not "daizan")
I hope I'm an insider one day so I can be trashed by internet people I don't know
Don't we all?
View attachment 172677

Anyway, I don't see why 5-7 more characters are outlandish, especially when two are likely echoes. I know Sakurai alluded to less newcomers, but there's always the possibility that he wanted to surprise people with some more popular requests like how he surprised people with "Everyone is Here!" back at E3.

I know more characters means more needed development, but that's why you get more devs on different characters / groups of characters, as each unique one takes a year.

At least what Mystic confirmed seems to end the Box Theory if his sources are telling the truth.
This is true beauty.

Last edited:

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice

"this is too much work so this must be real" this show us there were more ambitious fakes during the past.

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
So I'm gonna make predictions for dlc
Fighters:
Paper Mario
Rayman
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro

Echos:
Mrs. Pac man (For Pac man)
Dr. Luigi (for Dr. Mario)
Birdo (For Yoshi)

Costumes:
Biker Peach (Mario Kart 8)
Biker Daisy (Mario Kart 8)
Biker Rosalina (Mario Kart 8)
SSB 64 Costumes (For Smash 64 fighters)
SSBM Costumes (for Melee Fighters)
Ghostly adventures (Pac man)

Stages:
Wumpa Island
Dream Forest
Aristians Homeworld
Mrs. Pac maze
Studiopolis zone

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Another thing to consider.

Gamexplain are arguably the closest any smash youtuber has been to Nintendo. They are friends with Bill Trinen, and some else really high up with Nintendo. I don't remember who but recently they stated how one of Nintendo's biggest developers told them at a con he loved their channel and they interviewed him. I'll have to see if I can find who.

Regardless if Nintendo is telling anyone to not cover a leak it would be GX imo.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 172677

Ten newcomers is less than the previous games, so his statement is fair to make.

Wambo

Smash Ace
Some of us already checked things that his new company were doing...
They're mostly doing stuff you see in supermarket and they did some game related things, mostly Ubisoft and mobile game.

However, 0 Movie stuff as far as I know.
Sometimes movie stuff can usually be related to supermarkets. Holiday displays, and the Grinch is a Holiday movie.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Another thing to consider.

Gamexplain are arguably the closest any smash youtuber has been to Nintendo. They are friends with Bill Trinen, and some else really high up with Nintendo. I don't remember who but recently they stated how one of Nintendo's biggest developers told them at a con he loved their channel and they interviewed him. I'll have to see if I can find who.

Regardless if Nintendo is telling anyone to not cover a leak it would be GX imo.
The problem with that reasoning, is that it's faulty the moment you realize that even people who have NO TIE to nintendo at all heard stuff about smash and went forward to deconfirm it.

A lot of these people avoided Smash stuff in the past because of how....uh..."passionate" the fanbase can get even if they have info, however they decided to speak now to try and calm people down.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace

To be quite fair, the creator of this said that this was just for some sort of project assignment he had at the time.

The Nintendo ON video he made in 2005, however...

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
For me this is very simple.

It's real becouse the facts for it been real are all very good.
The facts for it been fake all have problems.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The problem with that reasoning, is that it's faulty the moment you realize that even people who have NO TIE to nintendo at all heard stuff about smash and went forward to deconfirm it.

A lot of these people avoided Smash stuff in the past because of how....uh..."passionate" the fanbase can get even if they have info, however they decided to speak now to try and calm people down.
They've put more of an effort and acknowledgment towards their point of the leak being fake though.

Also I just remembered, it was the producer of Arms that was a huge fan of Gamexplain.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ten newcomers is less than the previous games, so his statement is fair to make.
Ten unique newcomers is less than any smash game ever. People take "don't expect too many" in the weirdest ways, as if it only has literally one way it can be interpreted or something. It's one of the things that's been bugging me the most about this entire speculation period.
"Don't expect too many! Sakurai said so, so we're getting like, one newcomer."
Besides, you know. Inklings, Ridley, Simon Belmont, K. Rool, Isabelle, apparently more in the future, and several clones just to beef up the roster. Fair enough.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

1540664256942.png

why is luigi coming for my family and why wasn't i around during this rumor to say the same thing

Last edited:

Super Bario

Smash Cadet
Hey, I’ve been following this leak around here for the last couple of days and I’ve been wondering, has Nintendo made any move to try to remove the leak anywhere? I thought they tried doing something like that with the ESRB leak back with Smash 4. Just curious.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Sometimes movie stuff can usually be related to supermarkets. Holiday displays, and the Grinch is a Holiday movie.
Those diagrams of the Grinch stuff in the leak do look like props that a market would probably use...

Hey, I’ve been following this leak around here for the last couple of days and I been wondering, has Nintendo made any move to try to remove the leak anywhere? I thought they tried doing something like that with the ESRB leak back with Smash 4. Just curious.
They only removed the videos, but they did nothing to the images as far as I recall.

They probably won't do anything this time since removing the videos basically confirmed the leak back then.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
They've put more of an effort and acknowledgment towards their point of the leak being fake though.
Well, yes...But once again, you focus on JUST GameExplain, not the whole picture of like, seven insiders all lending toward fake.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Hey, I’ve been following this leak around here for the last couple of days and I been wondering, has Nintendo made any move to try to remove the leak anywhere? I thought they tried doing something like that with the ESRB leak back with Smash 4. Just curious.
Thats something I haven't heard anything about. Removing the leak would basically confirm it as real though, so my guess is they're just telling people to stop talking about it instead of trying to remove whats already out there.

Wambo

Smash Ace
At the very least (because this ****ing leak raised my expectations, **** me), I hope Geno is in. Him and Isaac both seem the likeliest at this point, and with Verge's thing about the second SE character, I feel pretty confident in my side. So yeh.

#TeamReal

Speaking of Square Enix, does anyone else read them as "Squee" when they're abbreviated? I don't know why I keep ****ing doing it, but I love it. I really wanna start saying "Squee" instead of SE and have people get that I'm just referring to Square.

Last edited:

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I’ve been following this leak around here for the last couple of days and I’ve been wondering, has Nintendo made any move to try to remove the leak anywhere? I thought they tried doing something like that with the ESRB leak back with Smash 4. Just curious.
They will only do that if it's real.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Not at the moment, no.

They only started removing ESRB stuff once videos surfaced.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well, yes...But once again, you focus on JUST GameExplain, not the whole picture of like, seven insiders all lending toward fake.
I've already given my thoughts on the other insider opinions. They say it's fake for no incenroar, but GX does not say that's why its fake.

And I've put forth decent enough theories if this leak is real as to why there is no incenroar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom