• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
The fact that it took so long for people to move on from "gen 7 Pokemon" to "Incineroar is it" makes me think Incineroar is most likely DLC. Could also explain why he seems to be a character a lot of people know about if he happened to be a character they were working on more recently due to being a Mewtwo like DLC. I really don't think Incineroar was planned for base game.
What if during the planning phase, Sakurai decided they needed a Pokemon, saw Decidueye and thought he'd be perfect. But Nintendo, knowing Decidueye was already in Pokken, decided it would be too redundant so Sakurai waited it out and decided they'd do Incineroar later in the process, thus turning him to DLC instead.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
The fact that it took so long for people to move on from "gen 7 Pokemon" to "Incineroar is it" makes me think Incineroar is most likely DLC. Could also explain why he seems to be a character a lot of people know about if he happened to be a character they were working on more recently due to being a Mewtwo like DLC. I really don't think Incineroar was planned for base game.
Holy **** yes I think you found the solution for this problem. I don't think it is weird that Incineroar will be the first DLC character actually. Pokémon is popular, appeals to "casual" and "hardcore" fanbases and they can bundle him with an Alolan stage.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Its a stretch but i think he might be petting or interacting with a djinn more specifically flint because of the way that he is kneeling and because there is a bit of tan and brown by isaac's foot that reminds me of the djinns color scheme... or it could just be his boot looking wierd we wont know for a while if the leak is real.
It's definitely Flint the venus djinn, I was analysing it with other fans and it's clear

Last edited:

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
What if during the planning phase, Sakurai decided they needed a Pokemon, saw Decidueye and thought he'd be perfect. But Nintendo, knowing Decidueye was already in Pokken, decided it would be too redundant so Sakurai waited it out and decided they'd do Incineroar later in the process, thus turning him to DLC instead.
I actually think that makes a lot of sense. Also given Incineroar's presence in the anime. Decidueye may have been a choice early on but got thrown out due to Pokken which would explain why Vergeben knew for sure it wasn't Decidueye. Mimikyu is explained by the pokeball. I'm just not sure how it was known for sure that Lycanroc wasn't the choice.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
What if Sakurai gave us a poll of several ideas for Echoes he can develop swiftly and chooses the top 4 or so?
I've already promised you if voting ever happens, I'll be voting for Boshi*. If we're all in it as a team, we can do it!

*certain conditions and restrictions apply

Last edited:

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
It's definitely Flint the venus djinn, I was analysing it with other fans and it's clear
Thank you! ^_^ I was just very curious, and I do not have enough Golden Sun experience to have figured it out. Where is his scarf though? I see the part that wraps around his neck but shouldn't it be dangling to his sides as well?

Flamingbird

Smash Cadet
Nothing can be as redundant as Pikachu haha

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
I've already promised you if voting ever happens, I'll be voting for Boshi*. If we're all in it as a team, we can do it!

*certain conditions and restrictions apply
We need to get the universal consensus of entire Smashboards to vote for Boshi
Imagine seeing this side character from SNES RPG with such a spontaneous boom of popularity inb4 Geno

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
I actually think that makes a lot of sense. Also given Incineroar's presence in the anime. Decidueye may have been a choice early on but got thrown out due to Pokken which would explain why Vergeben knew for sure it wasn't Decidueye. Mimikyu is explained by the pokeball. I'm just not sure how it was known for sure that Lycanroc wasn't the choice.
Aha, perhaps even further reason why Incineroar came very late in the process. After Decidueye they tried Lycanroc, but perhaps he was difficult to program due to the all-fours movement. You could use night version, sure, but he's the less popular one. Just spitballing though.

D

Deleted member

We need to get the universal consensus of entire Smashboards to vote for Boshi
Imagine seeing this side character from SNES RPG with such a spontaneous boom of popularity inb4 Geno
Maybe we should go even further...
Maybe we should vote for Zinith Zinith as a Yoshi echo instead

Last edited by a moderator:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
If there actually was a joint trailer reveal, I could easily see it being Ken and Shadow as those two have ties to other characters already on the roster and are both rivals of the main characters. But I also doubt that would happen if they were both echoes as we haven't really had an animated trailer for an echo yet.

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
If we're talking pokemon newcomers and the circumstances of incineroar's inclusion as DLC, i can honestly see Zeraora taking base, recently had a major role in a pokemon movie which is also arriving in the states soon for a limited time, while also having another major role in a tie-in manga for said movie. And of course the special event Zeraora had for USUM (though i personally believe that doesn't have too much of an impact)

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Thank you! ^_^ I was just very curious, and I do not have enough Golden Sun experience to have figured it out. Where is his scarf though? I see the part that wraps around his neck but shouldn't it be dangling to his sides as well?
Yeah one part of the scarf is floating upwards I think which has happened in some official promotional material

,I'm guessing the second part of the scarf is going behind another character I think which could be behind Ike or Lucario maybe
1540639342838.png

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
God, it's stuff like this that makes it so hard to think this leak is fake.
It's true--if this is faked, this guy really knows his stuff about all of these characters. I've never liked any Banjo leak, but I took one look at this and was like "this is it." Of course, I've had to come down from that and think more critically--it's blurry, so I could be reading into it. Had the same gut reaction with Shadow. There are certain qualities to characters that fan art can't usually capture.

beans

Smash Lord
If we are talking about pokemon relevancy and using movies and the anime as evidence, one important detail to keep in mind:
We should be looking at it from the point of the timespan where we believe all the roster was selected.
We cant use the anime or movies as evidence if the push for a specific pokemon was recent, unless we are talking about DLC

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
dlc will be gen 8. Gen 7 is on the way out next year and we will get our first look at gen 8 in the 1st half of the year

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Actually very surprised someone hasn't made a mock-up of an in-focus version for the leak yet, like with drawn versions of the newbies. Even if the effort on the seven supposed characters was half what it is for the rest I'd still love to see something like that. Haha

Heading to bed. Night all <3

Last edited:

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
Actually very surprised someone hasn't made a mock-up of an in-focus version for the leak yet, like with drawn versions of the newbies. Even if the effort on the seven supposed characters was half what it is for the rest I'd still love to see something like that. Haha

There was that one for the Chorus Kids, but they're obviously pretty straightforward design wise. I'd really like to see the others, for sure.

D

Deleted member

Crash for Smash DLC.

Edit: we should ask our Corean pal about his point of view in regards to Grinch.

Last edited by a moderator:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Crash for Smash DLC.
While I think Banjo & Kazooie would "complete" the game for me, as I always felt he belonged in 64/Melee with his family--ever since Sonic, and then Mega Man and Pac Man joined, Crash felt like the big iconic character that should be next.

And if Banjo & Kazooie are in, that's one more barrier down for Crash, as then we would have a Western owned character in Smash. Everything's lining up. The N Sane Trilogy increasing his popularity, the Trilogy coming to the Switch so it's in the minds of Nintendo fans, Ultimate's inclusion of characters with Western ties. It feels like it's coming. I hope it does.

Plus Tim Gettys needs another excuse to freak the **** out.

D

Deleted member

While I think Banjo & Kazooie would "complete" the game for me, as I always felt he belonged in 64/Melee with his family--ever since Sonic, and then Mega Man and Pac Man joined, Crash felt like the big iconic character that should be next.

And if Banjo & Kazooie are in, that's one more barrier down for Crash, as then we would have a Western owned character in Smash. Everything's lining up. The N Sane Trilogy increasing his popularity, the Trilogy coming to the Switch so it's in the minds of Nintendo fans, Ultimate's inclusion of characters with Western ties. It feels like it's coming. I hope it does.

Plus Tim Gettys needs another excuse to freak the **** out.
This post.

It is right.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990

Yeah I want to see a high quality version of the Mach Rider render. The redesign looks really cool with that slick black bike.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I am the only one who think Shadow & Mach Rider should be revealed in the same trailer?

After all, both use bikes and fire weapons, I could like a race of sort with others character who use vehicles in their series, only for Mach Rider & Shadow to steal the spotlight or somethin'.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I am the only one who think Shadow & Mach Rider should be revealed in the same trailer?

After all, both use bikes and fire weapons, I could like a race of sort with others character who use vehicles in their series, only for Mach Rider & Shadow to steal the spotlight or somethin'.
Plot twist - Shadow is a mach rider echo

joshoctober16

Smash Apprentice
6c8b8e60976ae2af41b92fe0a2091d8d.png

unrelated note , ultimate is the first base game to have ALL of the cut/considered stuff from 64 and has all the cut stuff from melee , and the requested stuff , the planned stuff is only missing is the Rare Ltd. trophies part , could change if banjo is in , or already is? if you count diddy kong?

also the considered list has some kinda shocking stuff that ive never even herd people talking about as of yet.

Note when i say first i said BASE game , if you count dlc then smash 4 did the 64 part.

also 8 days till just ONE MONTH FOR SMASH ULTIMATE.... and still no direct....

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Yeah one part of the scarf is floating upwards I think which has happened in some official promotional material

,I'm guessing the second part of the scarf is going behind another character I think which could be behind Ike or Lucario maybe
View attachment 172606
See its details like this that really get me and why I believe it all. From a 100p image, we can tell all 7 of the characters are expressive, uniquely designed, and original, and fit within the constraints of the leak.

I'm not saying somone can't do this, I'm asking why someone WOULD do this. If it's drawn by a faker, they obviously have some serious passion for drawing and have some great knowledge about each of the characters.

- Geno was drawn small, when most depictions have him big or bigger than Mario. It....works here.
- Chorus Kids are harassing the conductor, something never depicted in art before and is suggesting we use the conductor somehow in gameplay along with the kids.
- Isaac is seen using GROWTH of all things, and not any other, more iconic Psyenergy moves he is known for. His scarf is flying upwards due to creating growth in the ground, like wind pushing against him.
- Banjo and Kazooie are doing something similar to their famous T-pose where Banjo thinks he's flying and Kazooie is flying for him. BUT, Banjo is totally aloof to Snake's missle launcher, while Kazooie, the more obvservant of the duo, seems to be freaking out about it lol.
- Ken and Shadow are doing familiar but unique poses on the banner. Nobody can find anything remotely similar to that art.
- Mach Rider is hard for me to see, but again, like the other 6 characters, the character seems to fit with the artstyle and is blended in with the banner altogether.

For this to be fake, a person needs to love all things Nintendo and videogames, be an excellent art designer, illustrator and editor, while simultaneously be 2000iq maniac who has planned all this a certain way make people believe the leak is true by Occams razor (aka, he hypothetically made it so ****ing complicated and circumstantial on purpose to make people believe the easier thing is to say it's real...when it probably just is)

In addition, he puts Ken on the mural and NOT Incineroar, which is odd because both have always been leaked, discussed, or believed to be in the game AT THE SAME TIME. If it's a fake, a faker would know this fact.

Finally, and maybe most importantly, nobody after 4 days has come forward admitting or providing the sources for the leak if it were fake. Usually when things like this happen, fakers want that 15 minutes of fame pretty quick (Omni, Agnes leaker, etc) and reveal themselves not too long after the initial
freaking out. Nobody, not even anonymously, has gone out their way to update this leak even more, when usually things like this have multiple parts to them (a person releases some thing small, then bigger to keep the discussion going)

Just my two cents on the matter.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Alright! It's finally done!

Unfortunately I couldn't get each and everyone of you in this picture. I just randomly picked a bunch of users to draw. I wish I could make more fit.
However, the castle in the background is supposed to represent the board itself with everyone in it. So technically I did get everyone in this picture!

And now, without further ado, I give you...

drumroll...

THE SMASHBOARDS ANIME POSTER!!!
(it looks nothing like actual anime but I tried my best okay?).

The users in this image are Yours truly, @Luigi The President , Zinith Zinith , @ToasterBrains , @Opossum , @lightdrago , @Mr. Wario , Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku , @Idon , @TotsBS , Raspberry Raspberry , @Tougon , @Zachmac , @papagenos , and Pazzo. Pazzo. . I really wanted to get more users in this but hey, what can you do?
Hey, nice job! There I am.... right in the middle.

Thanks for including me.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A

Shadow hasn’t actually used firearms since 2005 in one game, though. If Sega won’t let him use guns anymore in games or official art I doubt they’d let Sakurai.

The bike on the other hand could be used perhaps. It was last seen in Sega All Stars Racing and is actually a frequent part of his character rather than a one-off gimmick to appeal to an older audience.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Alright! It's finally done!

Unfortunately I couldn't get each and everyone of you in this picture. I just randomly picked a bunch of users to draw. I wish I could make more fit.
However, the castle in the background is supposed to represent the board itself with everyone in it. So technically I did get everyone in this picture!

And now, without further ado, I give you...

drumroll...

THE SMASHBOARDS ANIME POSTER!!!
(it looks nothing like actual anime but I tried my best okay?).

The users in this image are Yours truly, @Luigi The President , Zinith Zinith , @ToasterBrains , @Opossum , @lightdrago , @Mr. Wario , Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku , @Idon , @TotsBS , Raspberry Raspberry , @Tougon , @Zachmac , @papagenos , and Pazzo. Pazzo. . I really wanted to get more users in this but hey, what can you do?
Hey, That's good... mind If I use a portion of it as my profile pic?

Last edited:

joshoctober16

Smash Apprentice
Meanwhile, I think it's amazing that we're so close to the game's release, yet we haven't seen any trophies and we don't even know what a major gamemode is.
ya... and sadly in 8 days (sorry for what im about to say if what i herd sakurai saying.) if nothing is announce then i sadly have to say Sakurai/and his team did a bad job for the surprise/marketing.

im saying this because didn't he said he wanted all to be a surprise and wishes for nothing to be leaked?

i mean like the SURPRISE MODE , the rest of the characters , the trophies and tons of other stuff to talk about , but in 8 days its just 1 month to go...stuff will leak....

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Shadow hasn’t actually used firearms since 2005 in one game, though. If Sega won’t let him use guns anymore in games or official art I doubt they’d let Sakurai.

The bike on the other hand could be used perhaps. It was last seen in Sega All Stars Racing and is actually a frequent part of his character rather than a one-off gimmick to appeal to an older audience.

I wasn't thinking he actually use any guns, just that the character did use guns at one point, like Mach Rider, which would make the two of them apparing in the same trailer make somewhat sense.

That, and I'm talking just about the trailer, since they can get fancy there. Since I, personally, imagine that Shadow will be just a echo of Sonic with some unique moves here and there like Chrom if he got in.

osby

Smash Obsessed
ya... and sadly in 8 days (sorry for what im about to say if what i herd sakurai saying.) if nothing is announce then i sadly have to say Sakurai/and his team did a bad job for the surprise/marketing.

im saying this because didn't he said he wanted all to be a surprise and wishes for nothing to be leaked?

i mean like the SURPRISE MODE , the rest of the characters , the trophies and tons of other stuff to talk about , but in 8 days its just 1 month to go...stuff will leak....
He doesn't want things but it's not like he can decide all the dates for the directs/reveals by himself. There are other games Nintendo needs to market and there are other companies they need to rival for info dump dates.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Keep in mind that all Sakurai was able to show off for Mewtwo's initial DLC announcement was his model. There was still a lot of work that needed to be done, and virtually no leaks or reliable sources predicted that he'd even be present in the October Direct to begin with.

I may not know the circumstances behind DLC for this game, but I do know that we can't automatically assume that every mysteriously missing character is DLC. Incineroar not being in this leak is a huge red flag for Vergeben no matter how you look at it. Because he first heard about Incineroar from his sources in early July (a good five months away fron release), I feel confident in saying Incineroar is more likely base game than DLC (assuming he's in the game at all).

Not saying it's impossible for Incineroar to be DLC, but it's an even bigger stretch to believe both Verge and the Grinch leak are completely correct and assume Incineroar, Sora, and possibly Steve are all DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom