• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That poster thing still feels uneasy to me. Shadow (or Shadow looking more like Shadow than Sonic looks like Sonic, hard to explain) and Banjo a little too not blurry compared to the rest of the blur on my end, but that could just be my wacky vision. And then I see the Mii Gunner reassignment and went "goddamn that's smart as ****", so my stature is just in the same "don't know" belief that it is now.

Also vaanrose vaanrose what's your opinion from a dude to another dude, because hell I can't find it when I'm scrolling through your posts. :skull:

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
So, regarding the possibility about the healing field getting a redesign, is there precedent for an item to get a redesign before the release of the game?
The only instance that I can think of this happening is the Flying Man changing from 3D to 2D and even then, that was a stage hazard.
Not that I can remember, aside from the Flying Man, which you noted. That would be a somewhat drastic change if that was the case, but I still firmly believe that that's a new item and not something we've seen already.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Jesus I still can't believe how many guests and users there still are. This supposed real leak must of caught lot of attention to have so many for a while now.

ekc

Smash Cadet
Anyone think the website banner and most recent banner having characters slightly moved means anything? They're both the Isabelle ones, but have slight differences.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
We’re getting very tense and eager for official news/announcements/confirmations of this so let’s play a game.

Of all the 7 leaked fighters:
•Banjo-Kazooie
•Isaac
•Geno
•Shadow
•Chorus Kids
•Mach Rider
•Ken
Who will you (possibly) main?

TriforceBun

Smash Apprentice
Keep in mind that even if the item is the Golden Sun spell, it doesn't necessarily give credence to the leak. After all, Brawl had both Golden Sun music and a Golden Sun Assist Trophy without playable representation.

That said, I'm still currently on Team Real...

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Huh...Seems things have quieted down. Seems everyone has finally hit the wall we were inevitability going to hit.

Now lets just wait and see.

Though that sprout IS interesting...I am personally leaning towards it being from Golden Sun.

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
We’re getting very tense and eager for official news/announcements/confirmations of this so let’s play a game.

•Banjo-Kazooie
•Isaac
•Geno
•Shadow
•Chorus Kids
•Mach Rider
•Ken
Banjo, most interested in him, but depends on how their gameplay will look like

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace

•Banjo-Kazooie
•Isaac
•Geno
•Shadow
•Chorus Kids
•Mach Rider
•Ken
Geno, no question. Banjo Kazooie, Ridley and K. Rool will be characters I play a lot as well.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

•Banjo-Kazooie
•Isaac
•Geno
•Shadow
•Chorus Kids
•Mach Rider
•Ken
Banjo-Kazooie easily.

IcyBrawler

Smash Apprentice

•Banjo-Kazooie
•Isaac
•Geno
•Shadow
•Chorus Kids
•Mach Rider
•Ken
Honestly it depends on how these characters play and which playstyle I end up liking more when I'm actually playing. But on paper, Banjo and Ken are the ones I would want to main the most.

Noipoi

Howdy!

•Banjo-Kazooie
•Isaac
•Geno
•Shadow
•Chorus Kids
•Mach Rider
•Ken
Inklings.

But Geno is absolutely gonna be my second main, with PKMN Trainer as my third.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Especially since Nintendo's taking this game's competitive scene very seriously. I think they dropped Smash 4's competitive scene pretty quickly because they recognized the failure of the Wii U and the game to capture audiences, knew the Switch and Ultimate were coming, and doubled down on this system and game to make their push.
I can't pretend that I know what they are thinking but this seems very logical. Wii U's low install base may have been a factor in them stopping any attempts to balance the game further. The Switch however has been selling like hotcakes since it's release so they may actually take more time balancing the game.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well with this sudden lapse of conversation and approximate 250 people here...

Do any of you have any movesets for characters you think don't have any chance of getting in?

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Okay so long story short, I booted up my Wii U to test some things vaguely related to the leak, and I saw this

not sure if it means anything

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Okay so long story short, I booted up my Wii U to test some things vaguely related to the leak, and I saw this

As it turns out, the "sprout with two leaves." is a very common symbol and could represent anything.
Go figure.

Last edited:

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
"Hm, maybe I should check the smash boards. I haven't really followed Smash Ultimate since the last direct so I wonder what's happe-GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN HERE?"

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

•Banjo-Kazooie
•Isaac
•Geno
•Shadow
•Chorus Kids
•Mach Rider
•Ken
Eh, not really any of them...

Possibly Geno because of the close correlation to Boshi...

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Watch the sprout item act a lot like growth in Golden Sun, but Isaac is not in and it's considered a "Smash original"

It means that a sprout is an incredebly generic symbol

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion

Do any of you have any movesets for characters you think don't have any chance of getting in?
I have a Pilotwings Light Plane moveset in this thread somewhere. It'd be way back in the triple-digit pages tho

AugustusB

Smash Champion

•Banjo-Kazooie
•Isaac
•Geno
•Shadow
•Chorus Kids
•Mach Rider
•Ken
Honestly, all of them!

But if I had to order them.
Banjo at the TOP, then Geno and Isaac are tied. Chorus Kids looks fun IF the conductor "conducts" the Kids to fight.
Shadow will be fun if he is slightly different. Mach Rider is SUPER interesting to me.

Oh and I guess Ken can be cool (Never liked playing Street Fighter, ever)

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman

•Banjo-Kazooie
•Isaac
•Geno
•Shadow
•Chorus Kids
•Mach Rider
•Ken
Shadow of course lol But I will give the rest of the characters a try though.

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord

•Banjo-Kazooie
•Isaac
•Geno
•Shadow
•Chorus Kids
•Mach Rider
•Ken
Geno would be my principal main while Banjo is my secondary.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Y'all are sleeping on Mach Rider dude, that guy will swap Mac if that leak hits validity. :101:

*cries in dark samus*

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Jesus I still can't believe how many guests and users there still are. This supposed real leak must of caught lot of attention to have so many for a while now.
I have friends who don't follow Smash who saw stuff on Facebook--this is widespread. So, whether or not it's real, it's certainly made waves. He asks me every now and then, and I explained the situation and how elaborate this would have to be if it's a hoax. And he responded better than I could, "Guess he wanted to make the Ultimate leak." *claps*

TreeBranch

Smash Ace

•Banjo-Kazooie
•Isaac
•Geno
•Shadow
•Chorus Kids
•Mach Rider
•Ken
Chorus Kids no question. I'll probably play Geno and Inkling a lot too. I'm really interested in seeing Mach rider's moveset

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797

•Banjo-Kazooie
•Isaac
•Geno
•Shadow
•Chorus Kids
•Mach Rider
•Ken
Geno, Banjo, Isaac, and Shadow in that exact order, but I think the Chorus Kids would be fun. :)

FixedFun

Smash Apprentice
Etika is fine, now we have to wait to see if this was an elaborated prank or a real issue.
I hope it's the later.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
So, regarding the possibility about the healing field getting a redesign, is there precedent for an item to get a redesign before the release of the game?
The only instance that I can think of this happening is the Flying Man changing from 3D to 2D and even then, that was a stage hazard.
Screenshot_20181025-234408.png
It's already displayed prominently on the site. A redesign now would be beyond strange. And no, I've not heard of a precedent either.

But really, why the heck is there a sprout on it, too? What's that even got to do with healing...?

Noipoi

Howdy!

looks at my own movesets for both Ashley and Bowsers minions

Not particularly.

LetterO

Smash Lord

•Banjo-Kazooie
•Isaac
•Geno
•Shadow
•Chorus Kids
•Mach Rider
•Ken
Chorus Kids. No contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.