• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinzilla

Smash Rookie
I would have more faith in the sprout connection if the video ends up getting re-uploaded and with an edit. I remember Lucario was basically leaked in that fashion.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
looks at my own movesets for both Ashley and Bowsers minions

Not particularly.
Give it another 6 years and then maybe.

I would have more faith in the sprout connection if the video ends up getting re-uploaded and with an edit. I remember Lucario was basically leaked in that fashion.
His first post and he's already more woke than most people on the site.

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
My current thoughts on the whole Etika situation...
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Really hope it isn't a prank :(

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
View attachment 172183It's already displayed prominently on the site. A redesign now would be beyond strange. And no, I've not heard of a precedent either.

But really, why the heck is there a sprout on it, too? What's that even got to do with healing...?
Plants are a general symbol of refreshness, along with water. Green is also heavily associated with healing and a sprout is a symbol of healthiness usually, since healthy sprouts grow into large trees and all that.

Iridium

Smash Hero
We’re getting very tense and eager for official news/announcements/confirmations of this so let’s play a game.

Of all the 7 leaked fighters:
•Banjo-Kazooie
•Isaac
•Geno
•Shadow
•Chorus Kids
•Mach Rider
•Ken
Who will you (possibly) main?
Ken or Isaac. No questions about that.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
We’re getting very tense and eager for official news/announcements/confirmations of this so let’s play a game.

•Banjo-Kazooie
•Isaac
•Geno
•Shadow
•Chorus Kids
•Mach Rider
•Ken
I have absolutely no clue. :lol:

But, if I had to pick a second main from the list, probably Isaac as I think he has the best, unique moveset potential from the others, though Mach Rider and Chorus Kids could surprise me depending on what Sakurai's direction goes.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Question for you guys, if league of legends was as popular in Japan as it is around the world and particularly in China/Korea, do you think we would have a playable character from it like Riven? It being the most popular game of all time I definitely think so.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Keep in mind that even if the item is the Golden Sun spell, it doesn't necessarily give credence to the leak. After all, Brawl had both Golden Sun music and a Golden Sun Assist Trophy without playable representation.

That said, I'm still currently on Team Real...
Yeah, it's nothing open-and-shut yet, but the fact that a new gameplay montage has accidentally revealed a new item that at least looks an awful lot like something associated with Golden Sun is still-

...Wait a minute, I know that name. How long have you been lurking here?

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199

•Banjo-Kazooie
•Isaac
•Geno
•Shadow
•Chorus Kids
•Mach Rider
•Ken
-Banjo-kazooie would be interesting to main, but if he's confirmed and then I'll check his moveset out
-Isaac, not sure
-Geno, Possible main to be along Snake, Ridley, and Richter
-Shadow, don't even care about the echo
-Chorus Kids, meh.
-Mach Rider, I WILL ****ING MAIN THIS CHARACTER IN HEARTBEAT IF HEs CONFIRMED GOT IT
-Ken, meh 2.0

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
Howdy folks. Decided to unlurk myself after lurking religiously since the Ken leak. Anyways, calling back to an earlier discussion, here's something I think is interesting:

If the Grinch leak was fake, why use the Grinch as "evidence" this guy works at Marina or ACP? One of the "faults" in the leak back when it was assumed this guy worked at Marina was that Marina has no direct connection to the Grinch (actually went and checked this, and yeah, there's nothing: http://www.ateliers-marina.fr/references.html) This no longer really applies as a fault since he doesn't work at Marina anymore, but it does beg the question as to why a fake leaker would decide the Grinch of all things would be what he'd use to add credence to the leak, if we're assuming they chose Bicard in the first place as a scapegoat because he worked at Marina and they have a Bamco connection (There is the fact that Illumination does work out of France, but then why choose Marina instead of some other company). Hell, Marina does work with Sony, so the upcoming Spiderman movie would have made more sense while still being incredulous. Of course, APC doesn't have any Grinch or Smash connections that we can see (they're a lot more secretive than Marina about their contracts though), so the entire point might well be moot, but I think it's worthwhile to consider the logic behind someone adding the Grinch to bolster a fake.

I should note that despite this, I'm leaning #TeamFake right now. Partly to keep my expectations low, partly because of the background stuff and all the insiders coming out against it. If it were one or two, then yeah, insiders have frequently been wrong, but it's pretty rare that all of them collectively get something like this wrong. So a guess is that there's possibly some sort of what I shall dub the Chadondorf Conglomerate (the arch-nemeses of the Vergeben Collective, of course) that made this leak (if it's fake) and one of them just had access to Grinch promo materials and thought they'd be useful to throw in.

Chrono.

They will not do this unless we see the actual character in action.

An item alone tells nothing.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
If the leak is real I'd love to try out all the characters. Especially the unique ones.

Mach Rider is pretty interesting. The other 4 are some of my most wanted to varying degrees, but Mach Rider is something I never thought about, but now that I see it I think it's a really cool idea for a character.

Geno > Isaac > Chorus Kids > Banjo > Mach Rider > Ken > Shadow

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Smashdown 5v5 - Your top 5
And you can include the leaks (that includes Inciniroar)

For me

Kirby
Dr. Mario
Snake
Cloud
Ridley

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I hope they release a Castlevania Requiem vol 2.. Yeah i know barely smash related cuz the game was leaked by vergeben and Simon is in Smash but i don't know anywhere else to talk about this. Seriously though Vol 2. with Super Castlevania 4, Simons Quest, THe Original, and the Arcade and MSX versions of said original would be the cat's pajamas

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Okay so long story short, I booted up my Wii U to test some things vaguely related to the leak, and I saw this

not sure if it means anything
Have we seen that red grass item from Smash 4 yet? The one that randomly plucks an item out of the ground?

I'm curious if maybe this sprout is the new version of that.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The most Isaac thing that could happen is the Growth Sprout is indeed from Golden Sun but Isaac is still completely absent from the game. :p

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord

•Banjo-Kazooie
•Isaac
•Geno
•Shadow
•Chorus Kids
•Mach Rider
•Ken
Shadow hands-down, but I’m very pumped to use Mach Rider as well.

FixedFun

Smash Apprentice
Have we seen that red grass item from Smash 4 yet? The one that randomly plucks an item out of the ground?

That'd be the Grass from Super Mario Bros. 2 totally different

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman

•Banjo-Kazooie
•Isaac
•Geno
•Shadow
•Chorus Kids
•Mach Rider
•Ken
Isaac, easily. He's the one character I need for this game to be perfect and I've been waiting for him for over a decade now. That said, I'm also pretty excited for Mach Rider.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The most Isaac thing that could happen is the Growth Sprout is indeed from Golden Sun but Isaac is still completely absent from the game. :p
We have to go deeper.
Once Ultimate comes out and gets datamined to ****, we should find the Golden Sun logo, several items, the entire cast of both Golden Suns as assist trophies, and the words "Isaac" in the CSS text.

In fact, on the CSS, there should be a blank outline of a character with spiky hair and a scarf that NEVER gets filled in.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

•Banjo-Kazooie
•Isaac
•Geno
•Shadow
•Chorus Kids
•Mach Rider
•Ken
Isaac will probably join my main line-up alongside Ridley, Shulk, Roy and Inkling, but I'd be happy to give Mach Rider a try if they look like a really fun character; assuming this is all real.

Chrono.

SSB wiki says it is.

If anyone can find it that'd be great.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Okay so long story short, I booted up my Wii U to test some things vaguely related to the leak, and I saw this

Are you suggesting the sprout increases/decreases the frequency of items?

It being in an orb would be a curious design choice were that the case. Then you're not really plucking it...

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So if the sprout is the generic healing icon, could the sprout ball be the return of the team healer item? I haven’t seen that in ultimate yet
It shows up in a match that's only a one on one between Captain Falcon and Ness on Mute City. That team healing item only showed up during team matches, obviously.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

•Banjo-Kazooie
•Isaac
•Geno
•Shadow
•Chorus Kids
•Mach Rider
•Ken
I am probably going to main Banjo-Kazooie or Geno. Isaac and Mach Rider I will try out, too.

D

Deleted member

This Grinch Leak is pretty popular.
It does have some flaws, but probably the most credible leak in this entire waiting span.

Wow, Sakurai playing the long con and hinting at Isaac since 2014. /s
Did they confirm Flowey the Flower before Flowey even existed? /s
As it turns out, the "sprout with two leaves." is a very common symbol and could represent anything.
Go figure.
Is it Mewtwo? :4charizard:

Last edited by a moderator:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
An idea cropped up that it might be a new variant of "Team Heal", with the suggestion being proposed that the 1v1 we saw was Team 1v1, but I tested this idea and Team Heal does not spawn in 1v1 on 3DS or Wii U even if set to teams, but WILL spawn in 2v2. I don't find it likely that they would so heavily change an existing 2-game ready design to begin with, but nothing at all supports the idea of it being team heal beyond the fact that a healing item in Ultimate has a Sprout on it.

While I had considered this simply being a new Grass, it isn't -

edit: nvm got japed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom