• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
What are some unrequested characters that would be amazing to have in Smash 5? I vouch for King Boo as part of the Luigi franchise.
:035:, the original mascot, with metronome they'd be completely unpredictable and random, like it or hate it, the ability to make the game a complete and total RNG-fest would be pretty unique.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
What are some unrequested characters that would be amazing to have in Smash 5? I vouch for King Boo as part of the Luigi franchise.
Mike Jones from StarTropics. One of the most underrated and overlooked games of all time. It is absolutely a phenomenal game and Mike is a fun character as well. Of course it'll never happen because of how obscure StarTropics is and the fact that it was never released in Japan despite being made in Japan.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The Flying Man

If only because it would be cool to play as your own courage!

Definitely not shameless plugging.

D

Deleted member

:035:, the original mascot, with metronome they'd be completely unpredictable and random, like it or hate it, the ability to make the game a complete and total RNG-fest would be pretty unique.
Only if it's Blockhead Clefairy. :V

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Mike Jones from StarTropics, though NonSpecificGuy put it better than I could have.

Sukapon from Joy Mech Fight. The game was a Japan-only NES fighting game in the vein of Street Fighter. The main selling point was its roster (32 characters - massive for an NES game, and it wouldn't be surpassed until one of the King of Fighters games), and seeing as it's a fighting game, it would obviously be straightforward to transfer it into Smash. I just find it fitting that the main character of Nintendo's first fighting game would reappear in its current big fighting game franchise.

Alexandra Roivas from Eternal Darkness. I only got the game recently, but it has a fairly in-depth magic system that involves combining runes to create spells, along with a wide variety of weapons. Alex herself has one of the few magical weapons in the game, the Enchanted Gladius, which can be thrown and returns to her like a boomerang. In addition, the stage for the game would undoubtedly be insane. Nintendo holds the trademark for the game and specifically its sanity effects, renewing them whenever they have to, and while it would be a nightmare for competitive play, it would be interesting to see how they'd be implemented in a stage.

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
So, what features does the Switch have that can be linked to a Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch? We had the 3DS and Wii U and Miiverse, and to be honest... I have not owned a Nintendo Switch yet, so I have no clue just what is on it...

D

Deleted member

Seven from Xenoblade would be a beast.
The first time I saw their gameplay in Xenoblade, I just though "They're MADE for Smash!".

Also Cranky Kong.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
You all know me as the resident Senran Kagura fangirl, I still want Asuka.

Not only Senran Kagura is finally coming home to a Nintendo Console, but it was announced outside NicoNico for the first time in a Nintendo Direct (even after Burst and Deep Crimson).

I'm already aware that some serious changes and censorship a la Bayonetta would have to be compromised for her or any other characters' inclusion. No clothing damage, lots of shadows, and physics won't happen (Not like Smash will jiggle anything more than Dedede and Kirby).

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
More like mid 2019, if not 2020. A massive, super-intricate crossover fighting game on Smash's scale takes a long time to develop. We've reason to believe Smash 4 took at least 2 1/2 years!

Then again, it seems like a lot of the people who are talking Smash 5 are talking new content using Smash 4's mechanics as a base...which is almost a Smash 4.75, like a Smash version of Splatoon 2. Though competitive shooters tend to keep more things similar between games than fighting games do...
2019 or 2020 would be far, far too late. I still stand by my belief that Smash 5 development started a long time ago; as soon as the team got their hands on the Switch development kits 2 years ago. Smash 4 brought a lot of Brawl's assets and I can see Smash 5 using plenty of Smash 4's assets. Basically what was done with Splatoon 2 since Smash 4 makes for a great base after all.

As for unrequested characters for Smash 5, I would still want Eliwood as a playable character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Seven from Xenoblade would be a beast.
The first time I saw their gameplay in Xenoblade, I just though "They're MADE for Smash!".

Also Cranky Kong.
Do we really need to keep the identity hidden anymore?
Smash itself already spoils it, she shows up in Project X Zone 2, and she's kind of a "It Was His Sled" thing at this point. :V

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Hmm.......well if I were to pick a character from 3rd party, maybe either someone from Tekken, someone from the Tales of series or Jibanyan from Yokai Watch.

For Nintendo, I'd probably want Mighty Gazelle from the F-Zero series or someone very obscure like Ayumi Tachibana.

Last edited:

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
Just like how Sheik is Zelda. Hmm...

Let's see here, is there anything the amiibo can be used for besides making figure fighters? Any idea's at all?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Pretty much any Fire Emblem character is unrequested at this point, but any Pegasus Knight would be ridiculously fun in Smash. They're one of Fire Emblem's most iconic classes and having a mounted character in Smash is something I've always wanted (plus the fact that they're pegasi riders so midair jumps aren't as jarring).

Caeda, Palla, Catria. Est, Florina, Sumia, Cordelia, Hinoka, Subaki...there's a lot they can pick, though Caeda is the most important (being Marth's wife) while Cordelia is the most popular.

D

Deleted member

Do we really need to keep the identity hidden anymore?
Smash itself already spoils it, she shows up in Project X Zone 2, and she's kind of a "It Was His Sled" thing at this point. :V
That was an instinct I kept from my old Xenoblade days.
It was just to keep spoiler-free some eventual users who intend or are playing the game and still don't know about it and who could are reading this thread. V:

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
I have a few I think would be interesting.

9-Volt from WarioWare would be cool. He could use retro Nintendo assets to fight. I know Ashley would get into the fight before him.

Isabelle from Animal Crossing. A semi-clone of the villager (hardly), but could use other elements from Animal Crossing.

This last one will NEVER happen, but if Mama from Cooking Mama could make it in, that'd be hilarious/amazing.

Luminario

Smash Lord
I have a few I think would be interesting.

9-Volt from WarioWare would be cool. He could use retro Nintendo assets to fight. I know Ashley would get into the fight before him.

Isabelle from Animal Crossing. A semi-clone of the villager (hardly), but could use other elements from Animal Crossing.

This last one will NEVER happen, but if Mama from Cooking Mama could make it in, that'd be hilarious/amazing.
Cooking Mama probably had a shot during Smash 4, she was pretty relevant around that time. She'd also bring in a great chef moveset.
Isabelle would likely be a unique character mirroring only a few moves from Villager and focusing on Public Work Projects. There's so much in AC I can't see them not making her unique. She's super popular too and ACNL sold almost 10 million according to vgchartz so certainly don't rule her out.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
Cooking Mama probably had a shot during Smash 4, she was pretty relevant around that time. She'd also bring in a great chef moveset.
Isabelle would likely be a unique character mirroring only a few moves from Villager and focusing on Public Work Projects. There's so much in AC I can't see them not making her unique. She's super popular too and ACNL sold almost 10 million according to vgchartz so certainly don't rule her out.
I am hoping that if Isabelle is in the next mainline Animal Crossing game that'll she'll have a chance for a Smash 4 Switch port, and just be phased out of the Assist Trophies or a spot on the Smash 5 roster. I could see a public works move that works like the Villager's tree move where she'd place a Gyroid and over a course of time it gets donations (bells replaces placing Gyroid, like axe replaces seed.), and then a public works project POPS up. The more donations she is able to put in the stronger/bigger it will be. It'd be kind of like a landmine.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Tfw people seriously want Cooking Mama in Smash

I actually quite like the idea myself. Too bad she's from a minor third party. One even more obscure than Marvelous and Atlus.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
User was warned for this post
I want to hear some stage ideas for you guys.

I think a Nintendo Land stage would be interesting. It'd be a transitional stage. You'd start out riding the train through the park, and make stops at certain attractions.

A Nintendo Badge Arcade stage would be interesting too. The badges would provide as the platforms for the stage, and over time the crane would get rid of the platforms/badges causing fighters to have less running around room. The other crane types would be involved too such as the Bomb and Hammer. If you get hit by the bomb it causes major damage, and the hammer has major knockback even at somewhat low damage percentages.
After all the badges are gone, it moves to a new set. (5 sets ever time you choose the stage) The stage would require internet connection like the Miiverse stage, and would keep up with current badges.

Tfw people seriously want Cooking Mama in Smash

I actually quite like the idea myself. Too bad she's from a minor third party. One even more obscure than Marvelous and Atlus.
It'd be so amazing. I have her full moveset already detailed out in my head. :D

D

Deleted member

I still want Zael from The Last Story. Unfortunately, his time has long passed and he's becoming more obscure by the day.

Luminario

Smash Lord
I want to hear some stage ideas for you guys.

I think a Nintendo Land stage would be interesting. It'd be a transitional stage. You'd start out riding the train through the park, and make stops at certain attractions.

A Nintendo Badge Arcade stage would be interesting too. The badges would provide as the platforms for the stage, and over time the crane would get rid of the platforms/badges causing fighters to have less running around room. The other crane types would be involved too such as the Bomb and Hammer. If you get hit by the bomb it causes major damage, and the hammer has major knockback even at somewhat low damage percentages.
After all the badges are gone, it moves to a new set. (5 sets ever time you choose the stage) The stage would require internet connection like the Miiverse stage, and would keep up with current badges.

It'd be so amazing. I have her full moveset already detailed out in my head. :D
SPILL THOSE MOVESET IDEAS~
I still want Zael from The Last Story. Unfortunately, his time has long passed and he's becoming more obscure by the day.
I've always thought Calista would be a good rep too, she's got that whole magic thing going on and can use the crossbow.

D

Deleted member

The more I think about it...

...The more I like the idea of this AT to become the new :wolf: and being added as a surprise semi-clone of :4samus:.

The only thing that might prevent it is the fact it would be the third character having Samus in its name, but after all, Smash 4's roster has 2 characters sharing the exact same name too. :4feroy::4roy:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
If you could get one more clone character in the same vein as Lucina and Dark Pit who would you want?

I would really want for it to be Galacta Knight as a Meta Knight clone.

Basty

Smash Ace
Unrequested Characters? Hmm, Ravio, Linkle, Ghirahim, Sothe, Peppy, Agnes and Gunvolt

Clone characters? Leif or Galacta Knight

D

Deleted member

If you could get one more clone character in the same vein as Lucina and Dark Pit who would you want?

:snake: = Big Boss
:4sonic: = Shadow
:4megaman: = Proto Man
:4pacman: = Mrs. Pac-Man
:4ryu: = Ken
:4cloud: = Zack Fair
:4bayonetta: = Jeanne

(I wonder if I haven't stated the same before?)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Akuma from Street Fighter, Alph as his own character, or Doc Louis from Punch-Out.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Should a Smash 4 port happen with additional characters, one character I would like to see is Alph upgraded from a mere costume to a full-fledged character. I'd like for him to be the Falco to Olimar's Fox.

D

Deleted member

In my opinion, Proto Man lends himself more to being a semi-clone than a Lucina/Pittoo-level clone. It wouldn't really make a whole lot of sense seeing him performing Mega Man's Mega Upper from The Power Fighters, when he is instead seen performing a Yoga Flame-inspired move in that game. This isn't even going into the multiple weapons that Mega Man uses in Smash (such as Metal Blade and Flame Sword) that Proto Man never obtains due to the latter being non-playable throughout most of his appearances.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
For clone characters I would want
:4peach:= Daisy (no floating, changed N-special)
:4metaknight: = Galacta Knight (new d-special sice Galacta knight doesn't have cape, new f-air, b-air and up-smash to cut down on the multislash attacks that would look worse with the lance)

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
For a hypothetical Smash 4 Switch, I think all the remaining Brawl cuts (that could be feasibly be brought back) should return.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
If you guys were to pick an assist trophy to become a playable character, which one(s) would you choose for the Switch version?
Starfy, Waluigi, Lyn, Takamaru, and Isaac would be my top 5 picks for AT's to be promoted. Overall there are still plenty of others that seem like good candidates to make the jump like Ashley and Isabelle if we were to ger another Wario/AC rep for example.

Narrowing it down though, I'd probably go with either Starfy or Takamaru.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom