• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The more Sakurai observes the Smash Speculation community, the more Snake gets drawn into the bowls of... uh... being cut.
More like, he's trying to find a good position so he can sneakily snipe someone, so that no one notices.

The whole cast gets progressively smaller and further back with each update. Obviously it's to facilitate fitting everybody in.
If they continue to use the mural when DLC rolls around, it's going to be so sweet to see how much more they can pack in there.

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
You misinterpreted why I brought up Wendy's all of a sudden. I'm not saying Wendy's has secret information or anything.

If the leak is real, would Nintendo have allowed Wendy's to allude to it yesterday considering the fact that they're partnering up to showcase Ultimate at the Wendy's event?
Fair question but I don't think Nintendo has any say in what Wendy's twitter says. Nintendo and Wendy's are, for all intents and purposes, engaging in a very VERY loose joint venture (and it isn't really a joint venture in the strict business sense, but follow me here), and neither company can dictate what the other company's social media can or can't tweet about. Wendy's isn't under an NDA. All they're doing, from my understanding, is helping pay for Nintendo taking Smash around to college football games. Maybe helping to get the equipment/trucks/the whole shebang set up at each place idk. But whatever it is, all Wendy's is doing is helping Nintendo out with this demo, and thus they don't know anything, because they have absolutely no reason to.

If Nintendo leaked stuff to Wendy's dudes and dudettes then like I said, they're obviously terrible at handling information and might as well leak the whole roster and DLC themselves now at this point. :p

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
Nothing about the leak but I had a dream recently of Geno's reveal trailer, it transitioned from cinematic to gameplay back to cinematic like the Belmonts and it revealed Mallow as well as a unique fighter. Wouldn't that be wild?

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
Some guy on /v/ made this outline of what he should look like.

So yeah I just wanted to share this outline someone did of shadow. I say the person did a good job defining what shadow pose could be. Even though tbh I’m not feelin this pose at all.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Another counterpoint: Wouldn't Wendy's PR team have been more cautious when it came to alluding to a real leak concerning the biggest current release of their official partner for this event?
The Wendy's PR team is full of sass and is very quick to reference practically whatever is trending. They're one of the more on-the-ball Twitter teams.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Nothing about the leak but I had a dream recently of Geno's reveal trailer, it transitioned from cinematic to gameplay back to cinematic like the Belmonts and it revealed Mallow as well as a unique fighter. Wouldn't that be wild?

Ngl I'd main the **** out of Mallow

:troll:

obvious joke is obvious I know don't kill me

Syntherios

#MasterChief4DLC
NNID
Syntherios
Switch FC
SW-0693-8607-4207
So, I'm late to this... like I'm late to everything, but about the leak... It hasn't been debunked, and I WANT it to be real so very badly... but honestly I can't bring myself to hop on board because it seems too good to be true.
To be fair, "EVERYONE IS HERE", toggleable stage hazards, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Simon Belmont seemed too good to be true at some point. I'm not saying the leak is 100% real because it's just as unbelievable as the stuff we already have, but I wouldn't count it out. Cautious optimism.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Well, there's also a graphic designer, somebody who had to approve the image and so on. It's not like their intern-kun is independent and unsupervised. Nonetheless, I can see where you're coming from, so maybe this is just grasping at straws.
I say this with utmost kindness you are grasping at straws

Then you'd be able to tell its fake. Which would defeat the purpose.
I wonder which team this guy's on

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
So yeah I just wanted to share this outline someone did of shadow. I say the person did a good job defining what shadow pose could be. Even though tbh I’m not feelin this pose at all.
Yuck I'm not really feeling that pose either, but I'm not complaining if my boy is in. I'll take what I can get.

They better not **** up the amiibo pose though

Mrplutoguy112

Smash Apprentice
Skull kid.jpg

Looks like link could use the mask instead of the real deal with Skull kid.

Link just wear the majora's Mask instead and chill on the tower.

Hope u don't get possessed wear that tho.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Ehh... it's probably not a reference to the leaks...
The comments however...
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Man, I'm telling you, I love this meme
Oh, I found this coincidence (sorta) pretty funny, so...yeah.

When's that Japanese Nintendo event happening though? Just planning to watch the whole thing just because.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It's subjective, but I think it looks awesome. In fact, all the other character art does, which was the first sign when I thought, "Wait, could this actually be real?" Especially Banjo & Kazooie--if this is fake, it's the first time a faker got Banjo & Kazooie right.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
You know, the last time I thought there was no way someone could make a leak this good and thorough, that nobody could have possibly spent all this time making this, and having video footage on top of that, it featured this Frenchman.
character-portrait.png

Needless to say, I have learned to never, ever put so much stock into another leak ever again.
For all we know, this could all be real and Sakurai is going to make this already perfect roster even more spectacular.

If it's fake, though....
Oh, boy.
You thought that the reactions to the Rayman leak were bad? All the whining, crying, and death threats sent to Artsy Omni?
I don't even want to imagine how the Smash community will react to this leak potentially being fake. It's going to be a war zone of insults and death threats.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Some guy on /v/ made this outline of what he should look like.

Actually want to debunk this leak...find this render.
Better yet, trace all the newcomers and find their render in the wild.
Has ANYONE done this yet? If not, I am a bit disappointed in y'all! /s

KMDP

Smash Legend
The more Sakurai observes the Smash Speculation community, the more Snake gets drawn into the bowls of... uh... being cut.
You mean "Bowels".

Unless you were talking about Snake getting a Bowl Cut.
Looks cool enough to me, if you think it looks dorky or something, don't forget that one of Shadow's stage victory quotes in Sonic Adventure 2 was "I'm the coolest!"

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Sup guys. Is the Grinch leak still going? Any new developments?
Background inconsistencies are mostly uncontested, but whether or not that points to it being fake is up to you

Flex Seal doesn't let leaks out, bro. ****'s tight. People ain't dumb lol
I mean, even if they didn't let leaks out, it says nothing about what insider information they might have. In fact, Sakurai probably has a can of Flex Seal he got for free in exchange for telling Phil Swift about all of the remaining characters and stages.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You know, the last time I thought there was no way someone could make a leak this good and thorough, that nobody could have possibly spent all this time making this, and having video footage on top of that, it featured this Frenchman.
View attachment 172068
Needless to say, I have learned to never, ever put so much stock into another leak ever again.
For all we know, this could all be real and Sakurai is going to make this already perfect roster even more spectacular.

If it's fake, though....
Oh, boy.
You thought that the reactions to the Rayman leak were bad? All the whining, crying, and death threats sent to Artsy Omni?
I don't even want to imagine how the Smash community will react to this leak potentially being fake. It's going to be a war zone of insults and death threats.
I dunno man a random Rayman video popping up outta nowhere does not have the context this leak does
If this is fake Rayman's been dethroned as the best fake leak

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I'd bet the mural is designed in-house at Nintendo and then sent out complete to the various marketing firms responsible for advertising. I don't think the individual regional marketing houses will be given the separated layers and free reign to move them around.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You mean "Bowels".

Unless you were talking about Snake getting a Bowl Cut.

Looks cool enough to me, if you think it looks dorky or something, don't forget that one of Shadow's stage victory quotes in Sonic Adventure 2 was "I'm the coolest!"
Wow hey look I made a typo and I'm not gonna fix it because he's going to the super haircut bowl now

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Actually want to debunk this leak...find this render.
Better yet, trace all the newcomers and find their render in the wild.
Has ANYONE done this yet? If not, I am a bit disappointed in y'all! /s
What do you think the full force of 4chan and smashboards has been doing this whole damn time? :bobomb:

If a shadow render that looks like that exists, I'd consider the leak dead. But it's been 48 hours and no renders for any of the characters have been found.

If it's fake, the dude made them up. He didn't rip them off.

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
The mural only bears a passing resemblance with the in-game battlefield. The crystals are different, the sky is entirely different, the various floating structures are all in different areas. Obviously who ever drew the mural was given free reign to interpret the stage.
I think it's a very fair question then why they would modify the background if most of it was to be covered then. However, if we assume this is real then they intend to use the empty background for promotional images again which would somewhat explain it. Seems odd to make composition changes for that, but I've seen games make smaller more obscure tweaks for aesthetic in the past.

I'm still very hung up on the fact that the background being a fake in turn implies he had a lucky guess that the empty battlefield would be on promotional material without knowing that it had been done in the past, but I don't know if that's just me. Using the empty background seems like a weird idea to me in general, and I at the very least would not have considered it to be a "safe" guess.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I dunno man a random Rayman video popping up outta nowhere does not have the context this leak does
If this is fake Rayman's been dethroned as the best fake leak

I mean, that leak isn't better, it's supposedly a random Snapchat yet we can't find the source of the guy who leaked it, as in like, Snapchat acount or whatnot.
It just popped up-

What's important is like...The story AROUND it.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
What do you think the full force of 4chan and smashboards has been doing this whole damn time? :bobomb:

If a shadow render that looks like that exists, I'd consider the leak dead. But it's been 48 hours and no renders for any of the characters have been found.

If it's fake, the dude made them up. He didn't rip them off.
I had figured hence the /s lol

Been sick all day so I am trying to catch up on all the craziness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom