• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
Interesting note, in the "leak" Isaac seems to be casting "Wild Growth" based on the green below him.

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
So forgive me if i’m missing something but this is bothering me.

I’ve been thinking about this pretty much all day, and I can’t really come up with a good answer. It’s in regards to the different backgrounds that vaanrose vaanrose came across.

We’ve identified that there are discrepancies between them, that can’t really be denied regardless of whether or not it’s blurry. My question is this. If you’re this leaker and you’re making a fake, and you had access to all of the renders from the official mural, wanting it to be as close to authentic as possible, why would you create a different background like that, with such...odd differences?

Like am I crazy? I’m not even really sure what I’m asking. Like I guess what i’m thinking is that for a faker to make those changes to the background...like, why? Would it be more harmful to the leak itself for the backgrounds to exactly match? I’m probably overthinking it but I just can’t really put my finger on it.

Otherwise, I just don’t get why a leaker would make those smaller, barely noticeable changes if he’s going for accuracy. Wouldn’t he logically go for the available image/art of the background?

Also, great job to everybody with their investigative skills. This has been an extremely entertaining day or two seeing how stuff is showing up and either shot down or strengthened. Like wow!
You're not overthinking it. Having looked back at those comparisons, I'm thinking the exact same thing.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/473979511864688640/505164128621428736/1540510728914.png

did you guys see this?

and sorry i havn't used smashboards since sm4sh i think
Hmm...ehh...it's a little blurry. Could easily be a coincidence.

Last edited:

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
it's funny watching this unfold from three different perspectives.

most on 4chan are convinced its real, mainly because of the based boomer picks and the fact it would BTFO vergeben, steve and incineroar.
as we can see here, smashboards is mostly undecided and still broiled in constant debate over it
GameFAQs is vergeben's headquarters, so obviously most people there believe him and are against any and all leaks

it is a true battle between hope and despair. I unironically think this leak is gonna become The Tragedy if it's revealed to be fake. the amount of despair that would wash over the world from one single direct or an official announcement is unparalleled.
What? Gamefaqs hates Verge and they're ripping him a new one right now. They just hate everything I think.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Team Zinith doesn't CARE if there's holes, just as long as the standard of "proven real" is met at the end or not
Well... at the end whichever's right would be "proven real" since that would be the reveal. :chuckle:

Also, I know I went on a rant of using the word prove when it comes to leaks, but in this case, I feel like we can be sloppy since it's as close to 100% you can be when a reveal comes.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

most on 4chan are convinced its real, mainly because of the based boomer picks and the fact it would BTFO vergeben, steve and incineroar.
as we can see here, smashboards is mostly undecided and still broiled in constant debate over it
GameFAQs is vergeben's headquarters, so obviously most people there believe him and are against any and all leaks

it is a true battle between hope and despair. I unironically think this leak is gonna become The Tragedy if it's revealed to be fake. the amount of despair that would wash over the world from one single direct or an official announcement is unparalleled.
Is that a freaking DanganRonpa reference?

(I've been watching from the shadows for the past 4 days. Not being able to post or like was painful...)

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings

Gamefaqs is split down the freaking middle, with probably the most persistent haters.

Anyways, going to link this again: https://youtu.be/0bQWQVUPnl4
A professional graphic designer tears down the discrepancies. Basically just a more in depth and convincing version of what Vaanrose did, heavily using the site banner as well.
From 18:10 is where he really lays in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

PushDustin keeps insisting it's a Vine, but how would a Vine be useful in combat, unless it was something that created thorns, which do hurt as Donkey and Diddy Kong would confirm.

The thing that can do this in any context, and this includes the Grinch Leak, would be Growth Psynergy. Though, there is an in-game item that allows anyone to use a similar Psynergy called Thorn called the Bramble Seed... dunno why Sakurai decided to create a brand-new item for battle, but he IS Sakurai.

shaggypatriot12

Smash Cadet
OUR PSY BOY CONFIRMED??!!

Also how am i just now noticing that this tailgate tour uses a different build than the E3 build?? They showed Richter, Rosalina and Toon Link gameplay in that clip!

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Just to remind d everyone

Its looking promising for history repeats itself

We assume its fake put in the dark but a stream or newcomer reveal later it could be revealed real

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Last edited:

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Judging from the last few post, we still haven't debunk the mural yet. Anything of interest that happened in the last few hours?

Untouch

Smash Master
OUR PSY BOY CONFIRMED??!!

Also how am i just now noticing that this tailgate tour uses a different build than the E3 build?? They showed Richter, Rosalina and Toon Link gameplay in that clip!
I think that's just for Promo, the tailgate thing has been ongoing already.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Vaan brings up a great point.

Why would the marketing firm be in charge of organizing the banner? That would lead to discrepancies among promotional material.

Why would a print shop be in charge of graphic design for the company? Unless I'm missing something, this is a huge hole.
The organisation that I work at uses agencies for everything, despite having the means to do it in-house.

Using agencies and printing companies is a tax write off.

It could have been for a number of reasons.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Honestly, I don't have a horse in this race. I got my primary character choice, my secondary is an AT, and my tertiary is definitely not getting in. I'm looking at it objectively because I really enjoy this stuff, and I'm a marketer/photoshopper myself.

I'm on #TeamFake because logic dictates that I am. It would be wonderful if it's real, and I'd be happy if it's true, but I think it's dangerous to throw momentum behind things that aren't real and make whatever is real seem less exciting by comparison. There are too many holes and too much faith put into the "but it would be so hard to fake" basket when, really, it's not that hard at all for anyone with experience doing this sort of stuff. I could create something similar with a day of work and a stop by Kinkos.

Still fun to debate, though.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I dunno man a random Rayman video popping up outta nowhere does not have the context this leak does
If this is fake Rayman's been dethroned as the best fake leak
Here's the thing, though.
Back then? The ESRB leak was the most extensive and accurate leak we had at the time. The video footage showing off Bowser Jr. and Shulk? The new renders of Duck Hunt and the rest of the newcomers? The renders convinced most people, but the video footage sealed the leak as legitimate to many people, and it was.
The Rayman followed the same exact pattern where it was first released as an image. The render for Rayman was completely original and well made and most people didn't know anyone talented enough, and things got real when the video was released. People were going nuts.
Also, friendly reminder?
The only reason why Artsy Omni came out as the creator of the leak was because Ubisoft was going to make a statement.
Let that sink in. A leak so good it almost prompted a response from Ubisoft themselves.
Then, of course, there was all the salt and threats sent to Omni because it was fake.
Moral of the story?
Never underestimate the dedication of some people.
Fortunately, because of that leak, us Rayman supporters pushed even harder for him once the Ballot came along. Omni may have made me upset, but goddamnit, he's the only reason why Rayman is still mentioned this often.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Here's the thing, though.
Back then? The ESRB leak was the most extensive and accurate leak we had at the time. The video footage showing off Bowser Jr. and Shulk? The new renders of Duck Hunt and the rest of the newcomers? The renders convinced most people, but the video footage sealed the leak as legitimate to many people, and it was.
The Rayman followed the same exact pattern where it was first released as an image. The render for Rayman was completely original and well made and most people didn't know anyone talented enough, and things got real when the video was released. People were going nuts.
Also, friendly reminder?
The only reason why Artsy Omni came out as the creator of the leak was because Ubisoft was going to make a statement.
Let that sink in. A leak so good it almost prompted a response from Ubisoft themselves.
Then, of course, there was all the salt and threats sent to Omni because it was fake.
Moral of the story?
Never underestimate the dedication of some people.
Fortunately, because of that leak, us Rayman supporters pushed even harder for him once the Ballot came along. Omni may have made me upset, but goddamnit, he's the only reason why Rayman is still mentioned this often.
Read through my posts if you care to; I am on team fake currently
I believe this leak will surpass Rayman if it's fake and I don't see how that's too debatable. Rayman leak's a DAMN good leak don't get me wrong but look at what this leak has done to not only us but mainstream media.

Not sure why it's a competition though we both sad af in the end

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Vaan brings up a great point.

Why would the marketing firm be in charge of organizing the banner? That would lead to discrepancies among promotional material.

Why would a print shop be in charge of graphic design for the company? Unless I'm missing something, this is a huge hole.
That's not actually my point, lol. The company is clearly (whether real or fake) in charge of making physical advertising materials, and it makes perfect sense for that to be outsourced. I'm not questioning why they'd have the banner in the first place.

Untouch

Smash Master
Someone noticed a really small detail that shows the tailgate banner is different from the site banner.
IIRC the tailgate thing was announced before Isabelle was revealed (it says it started on the 22nd but I think it was advertised before then.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom