• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
The internet is not your safe place to be a **** bag just because you can't see the person on the other end of your insults or negativity.

So no you can't jut say whatever you feel like just because it's the internet.

In fact saying nasty and derogatory stuff on the internet just because you feel like you can be wild and say what you please? That actually just makes you a ***** because you probably wouldn't say that **** face to face.

And that's that on that.

Sorry, not sorry. I felt the need to say it. And I feel strongly about making this world a better place without even having this ''SJW" label or whatever.
I totally agree.

Unfortunately, the kind of person who gets labelled as an "SJW" are the types who are among the worst for treating people they don't like like garbage because they can't see the results of their insults and negativity.

Some people are awful, and some people are awful in the name of righteousness, and that's all I'll say on the matter.

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
My big issue with the changed-for-composition theory is that the biggest differences between images are the areas completely and totally hidden by the crowd across all versions. I.e, elements that may as well not exist at all as far as the composition is considered.
I haven't compared them, but how faithful is the mural to the actual battlefield design? If battlefield itself received late-development tweaks to improve visuals they may have wanted the final version of the mural to use a new background based on it so that the finalized image wasn't eternally stuck on an outdated beta version of battlefield.

Saelind Genesis

Smash Apprentice
I gotta be honest... I don't really mind this leak being fake at all (not saying it is).

Idk why some people are getting really heated here. Especulation is fun! Keeps the talks going. Before this leak nothing really interesting was going on. The anticipation and especulation before a game gets released, for me, it's also part of the final product. I'm having a blast reading all your posts and following it up on other platforms as well.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
The item picture is such awful quality that I can't say what it is, or whether it comes from Golden Sun, or not.

It would be interesting if they put that in the Wendy's smash build given how attentive Sakurai is and how much he knows the smash fanbase ;)

I'll use this opportunity to plead: if ANYONE is able to go to a smash demo or Wendy's tailgate, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF SAKURAI GO AND RECORD EVERYTHING YOU CAN. Or at the very least give a full report of anything relevant (how the game plays and feels, what characters you tried and why, a list of items that popped up, etc.)
Looks like Nintendo is going to great lengths to make their own blurry "leaks" as a part of damage control.

(I know I said this before just a second ago, but it's difficult to resist the temptation since it fits so perfectly)

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
Christmas celebrations getting earlier every year

I remember in pre-Brawl days wanting Dimentio for Smash. Good times. It'd be cool if it was the item, but as it's used for mind control in SPM I'm not really sure what it would do that the mushroom from Earthbound doesn't already do.
Dimentio and Paper Mario DLC pack please and thank you

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I totally agree.

Unfortunately, the kind of person who gets labelled as an "SJW" are the types who are among the worst for treating people they don't like like garbage because they can't see the results of their insults and negativity.

Some people are awful, and some people are awful in the name of righteousness, and that's all I'll say on the matter.
I'll also agree with this. There are some who think they are in the right and have intentionally noble gestures but end up being just as bad as the people they're trying to fight.

To make this relevant? Still waiting on where the info about Eric being 50 came from.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Honestly, if it is fake, a huge kudos goes out to the genius who thought of things like having the conductor for Chorus Kids, and Isaac's grass attack.
Yeah. This is definitely not your average leak. Between doing their research and including a combination of both fan favorites and a couple of unexpected picks, this is easily one of the best fake leakers yet if he isn't being real.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Heh, sorry TB, but this image with the characters cleared up slightly and accounting for nothing else is gonna BLOW YOUR MIND
Mmm.
The purpose of the image is that it's someone's recreation of it, and the person who made it noted that most of the fighters are shifted slightly.
In other words, not just a "clearer" image, but someone's perspective after trying to recreate the leak themselves.

Not saying it means anything in particular though :)

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually starting to miss the times when we would speculate over whether or not Skull Kid and Medusa would get in as a Halloween rep.

Instead, we're talking about the Grinch in October.
Hey blame Universal Studios for deciding for the movie to open on November 7th.

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
Woah guys hold up before you lose hope let me introduce something new to the table
I um well ok just keep with me here, you know that little plant thing stuck in that wack-ass marble prison?
apparently its something golden sunish, now i propose- follow me here, that we name this theory "marble theory"

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
This would be the craziest fake leak I've ever seen but I've gone to the dark side of team fake, so...
Just think about it for a second, if its fake, a fake leaker took the time to displace characters perfectly, the way they have the past 5 times the banner was updated. And I mean perfect. Characters overlap perfectly. Characters are spaced perfectly in some places. Characters have been moved to more logical places to save space, along with revealing new art on characters.

This **** is writing itself. I really can't fathom it being fake anymore.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Mmm.
The purpose of the image is that it's someone's recreation of it, and the person who made it noted that most of the fighters are shifted slightly.
In other words, not just a "clearer" image, but someone's perspective after trying to recreate the leak themselves.

Not saying it means anything in particular though :)
Was having a laugh that's all!

I feel that it's relevant to show the opinion of the one who noted it though. Even he feels the effort would be immense.

SonicMario

Smash Master
The common argument in this theory is that Isaac's trailer would have incorporated environmental damage, given his overall abilities as a Venus Adept, which at the time of the reveal would have been in poor taste due to the real-life natural disaster that caused the one-week delay. The fact that his art on the banner shows him using Growth, which is environmental manipulation, kinda helps this argument a little bit.
Are you supposing Isaac and Isabelle might of both been revealed in the same direct?

Because otherwise they seemed to plan the announcement of the new Animal Crossing to align with Isabelle's trailer well enough. I can't imagine they would save that double reveal for a Smash direct. Unless of course say, there's a general direct in November and they switch Isaac's reveal with Isabelle's in this hypothetical situation.

But I have severe doubt about this. The direct was delayed because it's a horrid time to be focusing on games while people nearby are dying from circumstances no one could of predicted. Not because it contained a character that have powers that might be considered in poor taste.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'll also agree with this. There are some who think they are in the right and have intentionally noble gestures but end up being just as bad as the people they're trying to fight.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
To make this relevant? Still waiting on where the info about Eric being 50 came from.
People think Eric might be around the age of 50 because his LinkedIn profile lists his higher education has having occurred back in the 80s.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Speaking of reactors--if this leak is real (or if Banjo's in another way) I cannot wait to see the reactions of Tim Getty's, JustJesss, Nairo, and Vinesauce. Bonus points if JustJesss is wearing her Banjo/Duck Hunt shirt as well.

(there's probably other reactors who want Banjo, but those are the ones that spring to mind)

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Just think about it for a second, if its fake, a fake leaker took the time to displace characters perfectly, the way they have the past 5 times the banner was updated. And I mean perfect. Characters overlap perfectly. Characters are spaced perfectly in some places. Characters have been moved to more logical places to save space, along with revealing new art on characters.

This **** is writing itself. I really can't fathom it being fake anymore.
Yep, I'm thinking about it, and it can still be fake.
Believe it or not, some people got too much time on their hands.

That was in the quote on my post, but yeah, I feel like this opinion is rather interesting.

Who knows? :estatic:
Forgive me TB you know I'm stupid

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I’m 50/50 but by just a tiny bit I’m team real

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlphaOblivion7/status/1055576381416005633

And that new mystery item at Wendy’s on smash could be isaacs growth thing
Huh, that's a tiny bit clearer picture.

Maybe it's from Ever Oasis? Or maybe it is a Golden Sun item? Idk. Or maybe it's just a generic little plant thing you pull up to get a different item? Do these guys know the EFFECT of the plant in the battle at all?

Whatever it is, I'd have expected more concrete photos of it to have surfaced by now, given it's in the Wendy's build. But I can also easily see how it's just a small little item that even a lot of observant folks might miss.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Back in my day, this thread used to think that getting anyone getting more than 2+ unique newcomers was a ridiculous possibility, hammed down as hard as transformations prior to the veteran trailer.

Now we are being open about the possibility now.

Don't get me wrong, I am liking the openness going on here, but I think you all should not be relying on leaks to form your own speculative thoughts.
I mean the vast majority do sure, but there's still a few people speculating that we'll get more.

Besides, I don't think it's fair to blame people for basing it on leaks. For the most part the leaks they do base their opinions on are typically ones from people who had correct information in the past.

Basically, speculate how you want. No one here can tell you how you should or shouldn't. As long as you're not bombarding the forums with anger if what you speculated doesn't come true then it's completely harmless.

I mean I still think Skull Kid has a good chance so

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
This is what I'm talking about
View attachment 172058
So, the shadows are redrawn every time the characters are moved, and there seems to be a consistent pattern of the shadows getting less defined, blobbier, and less opaque. I'd agree that I really don't see much of a shadow, if any, on the leak, but the point stands that the shadows have been getting progressively smaller.

Last edited:

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
You misinterpreted why I brought up Wendy's all of a sudden. I'm not saying Wendy's has secret information or anything.

If the leak is real, would Nintendo have allowed Wendy's to allude to it yesterday considering the fact that they're partnering up to showcase Ultimate at the Wendy's event?

Untouch

Smash Master
So, the shadows are redrawn every time the characters are moved, and there seems to be a consistent pattern of the shadows getting less defined, blobbier, and less opaque. I'd agree that I really don't see much of a shadow, if any, of the leak, but the point stands that the shadows have been progressively smaller.

It looks like snake is getting progressively farther into the background in each update.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Here's a clearer image of that green item they found:

https://twitter.com/AlphaOblivion7/status/1055576381416005633

It's clearly the sprout from Wall-E It might be from Golden Sun from a reply in that thread; my guess was the brainwash-sprout from Super Paper Mario when replying to PushDustin, but I was just being silly as I don't really know what it'd do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Damn, normally I try to champion skepticism towards claims of GS references (like with Rathalos and whatnot) but that really does look like the Growth Sprout. Plus the translucent orb would fit with its origin of being a magic-based attack.

Of course it is just a sprout, which still makes it rather vague, but there are interesting parallels.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
So, I'm late to this... like I'm late to everything, but about the leak... It hasn't been debunked, and I WANT it to be real so very badly... but honestly I can't bring myself to hop on board because it seems too good to be true.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You misinterpreted why I brought up Wendy's all of a sudden. I'm not saying Wendy's has secret information or anything.

If the leak is real, would Nintendo have allowed Wendy's to allude to it yesterday considering the fact that they're partnering up to showcase Ultimate at the Wendy's event?
I don't think Nintendo could've shot Wendy's a DM like "CHIEF YOU BETTER NOT TALK ABOUT THAT LEAK" with how quickly Wendy's tweeted that out

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I haven't compared them, but how faithful is the mural to the actual battlefield design? If battlefield itself received late-development tweaks to improve visuals they may have wanted the final version of the mural to use a new background based on it so that the finalized image wasn't eternally stuck on an outdated beta version of battlefield.
The mural only bears a passing resemblance with the in-game battlefield. The crystals are different, the sky is entirely different, the various floating structures are all in different areas. Obviously who ever drew the mural was given free reign to interpret the stage.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Yep, I'm thinking about it, and it can still be fake.
Believe it or not, some people got too much time on their hands.

Forgive me TB you know I'm stupid
While I'm Team Real, I think this describes most of us, particularly those of us scanning minute details in blurry images and creating gifs. :chuckle:

Chrono.

Where did this Eric being a 50 year old man thing come from? First I'm hearing of it.

Also it's a bit ageist to assume a 50 year old wouldn't play Smash or use Snap Chat anyways.

But that's neither here nor there.
There are even 50+ year old people on this very site.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
It looks like snake is getting progressively farther into the background in each update.
The whole cast gets progressively smaller and further back with each update. Obviously it's to facilitate fitting everybody in.

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Nintendo could've shot Wendy's a DM like "CHIEF YOU BETTER NOT TALK ABOUT THAT LEAK" with how quickly Wendy's tweeted that out
Of course not, but there were two more tweets later that could have been prevented. I'm also aware that deleting the initial one would have just drawn more attention and made everything more suspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom