• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
My main issues are

A: The missing fortress, unless the lighting really is THAT awful and it's just obscured

B: The crystals

Counterpoint, however - we know that some aspects of the mural have been changed based on the discrepancy between the empty sky where Bowser Jr. is and the puffy cloud where he normally would be on the E3 banner, so what's to prevent other, bizarre, seemingly arbitrary changes like the removal of the fortress/changing of the crystals? I'd consider it odd, but if the Jr. Cloud point holds then there is precedent for it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This hidden character if even real is likely our first dlc one and already done. Thus they wouldn’t be on a pre release banner and be kept hidden

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice
Since many (most?) of the issues with the clouds are getting written off for various reasons, not all of which I disagree with, I'd like to focus for a moment on the crystals, because this is one of the discrepancies that stands out the most to me.

These crystals are very bright blue, and contrast very well against the dark background, making it difficult to argue the detail has simply been lost from overexposure. But look specifically at the rightmost crystal formation, and you'll notice the crystals have a clear break in the leaked image and are missing the leftward slant of the crystal formation in the official banner.

This crystal formation is almost entirely covered up by Ivysaur and Squirtle in both the original E3 banner and its current version.

MHMMMM

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
My main issues are

A: The missing fortress, unless the lighting really is THAT awful and it's just obscured

Counterpoint, however - we know that some aspects of the mural have been changed based on the discrepancy between the empty sky where Bowser Jr. is and the puffy cloud where he normally would be on the E3 banner, so what's to prevent other, bizarre, seemingly arbitrary changes like the removal of the fortress/changing of the crystals? I'd consider it odd, but if the Jr. Cloud point holds then there is precedent for it.
I think it bears repeating but the cloud is behind DK’s arm and matches the E3 one perfectly

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Man wtf is up with GameExplain not covering this leak adequately? I started listening to them years ago specifically to hear them dissect this sort of hype. Did the Nintendo ninjas take over that channel? I fully expected a discussion to come out today with Andre on team maybe, Derrick on team definitely not for no reason, Ash as a wildcard, and Jon definitely just guessing a bunch of never before heard characters that turn out to be in the game.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If by some crazy idea it was Disney protecting Mickey.

Imagine this:

But combined with the Smash logo at the same time to represent the crossover.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
My main issues are

Cloud Strife
Randall
Ridley in the clouds
Pac-Man in the clouds
Rayman in the clouds
KOS-MOS in the clouds
JR.'S CLOUD

ARE THERE ANY OTHER CLOUDS I SHOULD BE AWARE OF

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
I can't believe Disney is going to fuse with Nintendo to form the ultimate god and reveal the truth of the universe to us.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
While the classic lines have never been shown off in a Direct before--pie in the sky, what if Banjo & Kazooie were in the General Nintendo Direct to go along with a N64 classic with Rare titles?

I know I've speculated this many times, and it doesn't make sense given it's never taken place in a Direct, and outside of a few instances like Isabelle, rarely tied directly to an announcement... but... what... if...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'd actually kinda cackle either way if Disney got content in Smash whether it be Sora or Mickey.

Their damn theme music is literally ''When You Wish Upon A Star" from Pinocchio.

This smash is literally all about wishes and them coming true.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
An OC as the final reveal would be the dumbest and most anti-hype thing.

It's something like Sora most likely.

But Mickey or Goku would break the internet and need the hiding even more than Sora ever would.

I mean Goku is a big icon world wide and everyone in Japan in particular knows who he is.

Mickey Mouse, like Mario, is simply the most iconic company mascot in existence. Everyone knows who Mickey and Mario are. Them meeting together would be a huge deal and I'm sure that Disney would want that more protected than they ever would want Sora's reveal protected.
Not saying an OC would be more hype than Sora (it wouldn't); I'm just trying to think of something that's so unpredictable and crazy that it just might happen.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Okay but with Isaac, Geno, Banjo & Kazooie, Chorus Kids, Shadow, and Sora...who's next?

Like, legitimately. How do you follow that up? At that point it's just filling in the minor holes, but it's practically perfect as far as I'm concerned.
You start digging. You start upgrading Assists.

Waluigi, Krystal, Takamaru, Lyn are all great choices for AT upgrades.

If not those you still have Spring Man, Rex, Chibi Robo, Doom Slayer, Ryu Hayabusa. There's a lot left. They're just not going to be as INSANE as the ones you mentioned. Still, there ARE characters that can be added.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'd actually kinda cackle either way if Disney got content in Smash whether it be Sora or Mickey.

Their damn theme music is literally ''When You Wish Upon A Star" from Pinocchio.

This smash is literally all about wishes and them coming true.
The way Disney are going the theme would be Let it Go.

Which I guess is fitting too.

gloop898

Smash Cadet

The waterfall and ruins/castle in and around circle C is the biggest discrepancy to me. If those didn't look so radically different I would still believe Grinch Leak, but I think it's fake because it just doesn't match up.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
If this leak is real, here's who I could see being DLC. I would honestly say we might not get a lot of DLC because most of the characters that would be DLC are already in the game. These characters either need to be important, iconic, or relevant, or some combination of the three. I'd expect around 10-15 DLC characters. With the leaked roster + Sora, we have 75 characters and 8 echoes. For the sake of this list, DLC echoes aren't a thing.
  • Lloyd Irving/Yuri Lowell
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Melmetal/Incineroar
  • Rex & Pyra
  • Spring Man
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Monster Hunter
  • Dixie Kong (& Kiddy Kong)
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Doom Guy/Vault Boy
  • Paper Mario
  • Joker/Yu Narukami
  • Lara Croft
  • New Fire Emblem Rep
  • Euden/Katarina (Granblue)
  • Skull Kid
  • New Nintendo IP character(s)
This is literally just filling in the cracks though. This roster would be perfect.
Master Chief is a juggernaut and pretty likely if Banjo is already in.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Waluigi, Krystal, Takamaru, Lyn Ashley are all great choices for AT upgrades.

If not those you still have Spring Man, Rex, Chibi Robo, Doom Slayer, Ryu Hayabusa. There's a lot left. They're just not going to be as INSANE as the ones you mentioned. Still, there ARE characters that can be added.
I completely agree.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Just dropping in to check on things, and this thread is wild, honestly...

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I'll see you guys on the other side :thinking:
Well if true, I would imagine it's Incineroar, given that seems to be a sticking point for some insiders, such as Spawn Wave, papagenos, and, possibly, Andre of GX. Plus given Pokemon is also releasing soon that might explain why his reveal could be under unusual circumstances.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Okay but with Isaac, Geno, Banjo & Kazooie, Chorus Kids, Shadow, and Sora...who's next?

Like, legitimately. How do you follow that up? At that point it's just filling in the minor holes, but it's practically perfect as far as I'm concerned.
There are characters like Spyro, Crash, Rayman, Doom Guy, Master Chief and Steve from Minecraft. But there’s lots of characters that probably aren’t going to really hype like the ones we have now but hey it’s awesome to see more new characters to play.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Man, if we got classic artists to do Smash related crossover fanart, could you imagine THIS, but with all Smash characters?

Though, I have to wonder who Nintendo would let be in Doom Slayer's chokehold.

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace

Waluigi, Krystal, Takamaru, Lyn are all great choices for AT upgrades.

well if the 7 lads are the final reveals i guess its time to push klonoa for dlc

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Counterpoint, however - we know that some aspects of the mural have been changed based on the discrepancy between the empty sky where Bowser Jr. is and the puffy cloud where he normally would be on the E3 banner,
This is false. The cloud is obscured by DK.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

See: D. Bottom image = E3, Top Image = Grinch.

Note Jr.

On the E3 image, the area where Jr. is appears to be filled by a puffy Cloud, whereas the official image is consistent with the leak image on this specific detail. Why is this odd? Because on C, on Vaanrose's image, it's 100% true that the Fortress appears to be missing despite the fact that it can be seen in proximity to Zelda on every banner.

(You'll need to zoom in)

It's harder to see on some of these, but you can see cracks of sunlight through pillars on even the "hidden" ones, and the "hidden" ones are hidden because of character shifts.

View attachment 171817

View attachment 171818

It's still present, but obscured, meaning they did not remove the fortress but (apparently?) removed a cloud?
They didn't remove that cloud, it's just an optical illusion. It's still behind DK's arm
cloud1.png

cloud2.png

cloud3.png

EDIT::ultgreninja::ultgreninja::ultgreninja:

Last edited:

Chrono.

Man, if we got classic artists to do Smash related crossover fanart, could you imagine THIS, but with all Smash characters?

Though, I have to wonder who Nintendo would let be in Doom Slayer's chokehold.
Pichu I bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom