• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Man, if we got classic artists to do Smash related crossover fanart, could you imagine THIS, but with all Smash characters?

Though, I have to wonder who Nintendo would let be in Doom Slayer's chokehold.
I didn't know you could take a picture of a Smash speculation forum...

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
The only ones I could think of that could top Banjo (in terms of significance) would be: Crash, Steve, and Sora.
Of course they could've just left off a fighter (or two) not on the level of Geno/Banjo because... reasons.
I don't know what's going on anymore.
Mh, Steve is certainly on the same level as Banjo, Crash and Sora.
Seeing Crash as a final character would be crazy, but I don't see it happening.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Man, if we got classic artists to do Smash related crossover fanart, could you imagine THIS, but with all Smash characters?

Villager

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
So I've been doing a bit of digging around and I found this...

Why not Ridley?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Well if true, I would imagine it's Incineroar, given that seems to be a sticking point for some insiders, such as Spawn Wave, papagenos, and, possibly, Andre of GX. Plus given Pokemon is also releasing soon that might explain why his reveal could be under unusual circumstances.
There's no reason to hide Incineroar though.

I mean Pokemon Company is stubborn as **** sometimes but...

I just can't see it.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I honestly have no idea what you guys are on about with these clouds, shadows and crystals.

Pretty cool we could have Cloud and Shadow in Smash though :estatic:

It's a shame Krystal is still an AT.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Maybe the last character is a DLC character that will be released very soon after release. Possibly free with Nintendo Online?

or an upgraded Waluigi

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
Well if true, I would imagine it's Incineroar, given that seems to be a sticking point for some insiders, such as Spawn Wave, papagenos, and, possibly, Andre of GX. Plus given Pokemon is also releasing soon that might explain why his reveal could be under unusual circumstances.
I've never seen this leaker before but considering they're a translator for KHInsider I'd bet on Sora

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Please do not post media-only replies.
This is the best I can do, sorry

View attachment 171827
View attachment 171828

Green are reference points, red on the bowser jr image near DK's arm is where the cloud is poking out
This is false. The cloud is obscured by DK.

They didn't remove that cloud, it's just an optical illusion. It's still behind DK's arm
View attachment 171829
View attachment 171830
View attachment 171831

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's just hit me how many times I've looked at some version of that godforsaken panorama in the last 24 hours.

Jesus.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Maybe the last character is a DLC character that will be released very soon after release. Possibly free with Nintendo Online?

or an upgraded Waluigi
A free char with Nintendo Online would be a pretty good way to get people to buy into that service without making any actual improvements.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
What if the two Nintendo Directs are a Smash Direct and a general Direct in that order?

Like, we get all the leaked characters in the Smash Direct, and then Incineroar in the general Direct? Yes, I know it makes little to no sense, but neither does Nintendo. Sora is still revealed at the VGAs and there's our final roster. 76 characters.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

or an upgraded Waluigi
Yeah I could see it being a Mewtwo situation, as in 'we're also working on XYZ'.

I dunno if they'll make it free with Online though. People will and are buying Online regardless. The 20 free NES games are incentive enough tbh.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

Luigi, after he revives from being dead.

FixedFun

Smash Apprentice
Hey Mario RPG fans, could this be a Geno attack? I can't figure out! This is what it's in front of the Chorus Kids:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
What if the two Nintendo Directs are a Smash Direct and a general Direct in that order?

Like, we get all the leaked characters in the Smash Direct, and then Incineroar in the general Direct? Yes, I know it makes little to no sense, but neither does Nintendo. Sora is still revealed at the VGAs and there's our final roster. 76 characters.
That makes sense for Sora, but I don't see why they'd hold off on promoting Incineroar - unless he's not in base

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976

7 chars in one direct is stupid.

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
I'd actually kinda cackle either way if Disney got content in Smash whether it be Sora or Mickey.

Their damn theme music is literally ''When You Wish Upon A Star" from Pinocchio.

This smash is literally all about wishes and them coming true.
Well, there was a Game & Watch starring Mickey Mouse.

Maybe Mr. Game and Watch. He's too featureless to be choked in a scary way!

edit: oh hey i didn't even mean to post that first quote but it ended up making a game and watch theme. so be it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Im tired of hearing about leaks lol. I hope Nintendo can just blow these leaks out of the water and suprise us with something crazy!

Chrono.

Hey Mario RPG fans, could this be a Geno attack? I can't figure out! This is what it's in front of the Chorus Kids:
That's one of the Chorus Kids tugging on the Conductor's red tie.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Since many (most?) of the issues with the clouds are getting written off for various reasons, not all of which I disagree with, I'd like to focus for a moment on the crystals, because this is one of the discrepancies that stands out the most to me.

These crystals are very bright blue, and contrast very well against the dark background, making it difficult to argue the detail has simply been lost from overexposure. But look specifically at the rightmost crystal formation, and you'll notice the crystals have a clear break in the leaked image and are missing the leftward slant of the crystal formation in the official banner.

This crystal formation is almost entirely covered up by Ivysaur and Squirtle in both the original E3 banner and its current version.

My question would be. Assuming this is fake, and the leaker didn't see the one we're using to compare it with, was it possible for him to know all the other details such as how long and the exact shape of the leftmost crystals (or the fact that there is a rightmost crystal formation at all since Ivysaur is obscuring it)? Like, you'd think if he saw the official empty Battlefield he would have kept those crystal formations looking exactly the same, so the theory would be that he never saw it. So if he never saw it, was there a way to know about specific details that have been obscured in every version that has characters on it?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
7 chars in one direct is stupid.
That makes sense for Sora, but I don't see why they'd hold off on promoting Incineroar - unless he's not in base
Like I said, it doesn't make sense, but neither does Nintendo.

Maybe Incineroar is some sort of cross-promotion with Pokémon Lets Go or something.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
Im tired of hearing about leaks lol. I hope Nintendo can just blow these leaks out of the water and suprise us with something crazy!
Unless they're packing Master Chief or something idk if that's even possible

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So with this potential roster I got bored and dreamed up some duo matches I'm definitely firing up.

Rosalina & Geno as a tag team vs anyone.
Simon vs Bayonetta
Banjo & Kazooie vs Duck Hunt
Mach Rider vs Captain Falcon
Sonic & Shadow vs Mario & Bowser.
Chrom & Lucina vs Bowser & Bowser Jr.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Every insider is panicking because this wasn't what they were told. Either they were given wrong information from what they thought was a trustworthy source or someone with (near-)perfect assets for an empty Battlefield mural, diecut lines for Grinch renders (which only people in marketing really ever use), mockups for both a lanyard and a cardboard wrap-around sign in the style of the Super Mario Odyssey ones, both of which would have been a pain to fake, made up a bunch of renders, and have an account for a company made several years back to purposely create one of the most complicated fake leaks in video game history. I'm inclined to believe that the former is true given that literally nobody has had a good explanation that isn't complete galaxy brain.

Not to mention the trademarks for Golden Sun and Mach Rider were recently renewed, and they'd have to be used for something if that was the case, so why not for their Smash appearance.

Too Much Lines Up!

Last edited:

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976

Maybe Incineroar is some sort of cross-promotion with Pokémon Lets Go or something.
If I'm being entirely honest the whole "Nintendo/Sakurai are such TROLLS and are so WACKY you guys" thing people always say is honestly just a way to make crackpot ideas seem plausible.
It's starting to get annoying how much people say it.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Using a gen 7 Pokemon to promote a game that removes all of them except Alolan forms?

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Potential Smash Ultimate reveals:

March-October: Reveal 9 characters
November: Reveal 9 characters

I love it

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

I feel like with that many characters--it would have to be spread out more evenly, though. My guess...

Smash Direct: Unique (End) - Echo - Echo - Unique (secret mode) - Unique (End)
Nintendo Direct: Unique (Beginning) - Unique (End)

Since none of the characters share a series (and I think it's unlikely characters from different series will share a trailer), it seems like the most optimal solution. Even then, as much as we love Smash, not sure regular fans will enjoy Smash beginning and ending a general Direct. But I guess what better way to surprise since it's "unexpected".

I do agree, however, that to reconcile the various leaks, Incineroar might be last somehow.

I think it's amazing, if this is true, we know the characters but have no ****ing clue how they would manage it. That would be the true surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom