• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Reminder that Game Freak could suddenly decide to release Pokémon games outside of Nintendo consoles if they want to.
Or be bought by Microsoft...

(wounds are still healing)

(I know it's unrealistic because Nintendo has shares in TPC, shhhh)

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
We need the Wii U itself in the same vein as :ultrob:.
Iunno, I think the idea of a playable DS would be a better newcomer, more important to Nintendo, too. Different iterations of the DS and 3DS show up for the Final Smash. Design works best for any console/handheld to be a fighter in Smash, too. And I just find the idea really fun, hahaha.

D

Deleted member

There was that fanmade idea for a Labo rep floating around before E3.

It looked decent.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
As I'm seeing so far....

B O U N C I N G E G G S
The most disappointment change was how dodges work. I was a defensive person in Smash 4, and now with these changes Sakurai is forcing me to be more offensive which I'm not really an fan of. But I hope to get used to it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The most disappointment change was how dodges work. I was a defensive person in Smash 4, and now with these changes Sakurai is forcing me to be more offensive which I'm not really an fan of. But I hope to get used to it.
Not much we can do. Competitive Smash generally hates defensive play and I guess it makes sense making fine mechanics for them.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
As a Yoshi main, the thing that ****ed him over was how poor his defensive options were when defense ran the meta. Now that we're playing offense, well...

Hold on to your butts...

Edit: I've uploaded that image successfully before. WTF?!!!

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I'm glad I didn't see your image, Zinith. Usually, your images are distrubing in my eyes.
Anyways, I want to break the silence at least a little bit. Someone on GameFAQs (Yes, I know) is now claiming that this Geno model is fake again, claiming it's the same as his shield-break in Project M/Smash Mod, only refined to make it look more legit. But peoples are still debating.

Remember when Shulk was compared to Little Mac and was called fake, only for it to be real? This is the same thing that seems to be happening now, only with Geno from Project M/Geno in Ultimate:

edit: Image won't load T_T

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Not sure if it has been mentioned but there are quite a few changes in Ultimate.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77116582

Is there any favorite change you saw? And what is the change you dislike the most?
I always liked the changes in Ultimate. I used to cringe every time I played against someone who kept spamming those invincibility frames on For Glory.

Surely there are going to be characters that will be better at defensive play than others so not all is lost.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Sakurai is forcing us to fight like violent savages. :rotfl:

(this is coming from someone who's only fighting game is Smash. I come for the Nintendo characters, stay for the bloodshed)

EDIT:
The image was nothing but P U R E Yoshi...

Also, I noticed you actually said my name this time...
I mean, it's pure Yoshi, yes, meaning he looks like he wants to eat my face.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I wonder how defensive characters like Palutena or Zelda will be affected by this gameplay.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Bored. Decided for the fun of it if Smash was Infinity War that this is who'd survive or not in The Snap. :p

Survived::ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus:/:ultzss::ultdarksamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultdaisy::ultdoc::ultganondorf::ultroy::ultgnw::ultsnake::ultdarkpit::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucas::ultkingdedede::ultlucario::ulttoonlink::ultwolf::ultvillager::ultmegaman::ultrosalina::ultlittlemac::ultlucina::ultshulk::ultbowserjr::ultduckhunt::ultbayonetta::ultcorrin::ultkrool:

Snapped::ultluigi::ultness::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff::ultpeach::ultbowser::ulticeclimbers::ultzelda:/:ultsheik::ultpichu::ultfalco::ultmarth::ultyounglink::ultmewtwo::ultchrom::ultpit::ultwario::ultike::ultdiddy::ultsonic::ultolimar::ultrob::ultwiifittrainer::ultgreninja::ultmiifighters::ultpalutena::ultpacman::ultrobin::ultryu::ultcloud::ultinkling::ultridley::ultsimon::ultisabelle:
NOT ISABELLE

at least one of my OTPs, Snakus, survived together :c

Here's my version:

Survived::ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus:/:ultzss::ultdarksamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultluigi::ultness::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff::ultdaisy::ultdoc::ultpichu::ultlucina::ultganondorf::ultroy::ultpit::ultpokemontrainer::ultkingdedede::ultlucario::ultwolf::ultmegaman::ultwiifittrainer::ultpalutena::ultrobin::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultbayonetta::ultrichter::ultisabelle:

Snapped::ultpeach::ultbowser::ulticeclimbers::ultzelda:/:ultsheik:::ultfalco::ultmarth::ultyounglink::ultmewtwo::ultchrom::ultgnw::ultmetaknight::ultdarkpit::ultwario::ultike::ultdiddy::ultlucas::ultsonic::ultolimar::ultrob::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultrosalina::ultlittlemac::ultgreninja::ultpacman::ultshulk::ultbowserjr::ultduckhunt:::ultryu::ultinkling::ultridley::ultsimon::ultkrool:
Shulk noooo!
Also wait a diddly dang minute you forgot Snake

...unless he was cliffed

Last one:

Hmm...

Yoshi, Kirby, Pikachu, Lucas, Toon Link, Mega Man, Duck Hunt and Isabelle survive?

You gotta disintegrate the ones that are gonna be most soul-crushing, Michael!

:ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultpikachu::ultluigi::ultness::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultdoc::ulticeclimbers::ultzelda::ultsheik::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultroy::ultyounglink::ultike::ultdiddy::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucas::ultkingdedede::ultolimar::ultrob::ultvillager::ultmegaman::ultlittlemac::ultlucina::ultmiifighters::ultpalutena::ultbowserjr::ultduckhunt::ultinkling::ultsimon::ultisabelle:

I can almost guarantee that most, if not all, heroes chosen to get wiped in Infinity War were the ones that'd hurt the most to see die (i.e. a teenage Peter Parker), balancing for allowing the heroes to make a comeback and revive them in the next movie.
At least Falconcina is together in the afterlife ;-;

It’s tragically romantic

Also you’re still not allowed to disintegrate Dedede he is perfect sorry I don’t make the rules

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
A friend played Ultimate in a convention event in Madrid and he said the gameplay is much much funnier and more satisfying than Smash4. That hypes me.

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
Eh, rolling was a bit busted in 4 and excessive rolling or air-dodging shouldn't be your go-to defensive option anyway

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
If anything the rolling/airdodge changes are forcing you to be intelligent about how you use them, not necessarily pigeonholing you into offense.

Smooth Criminal
For Glory will be fun this time. It will be full of noobs getting SDs by air-dodge and being punished for spamming roll.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I'll just share this.
Because it just made me explode of laugher after not sleeping at 7am and just staying with y'all all night.
It also made me remember that this exist Against the Disney Nazi

There was a problem fetching the tweet
On the one hand, you've got Thanos in Fortnite being goofy. On the other, you've got no X-Men or Doom in MvCI.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I'll just share this.
Because it just made me explode of laugher after not sleeping at 7am and just staying with y'all all night.
It also made me remember that this exist Against the Disney Nazi

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Dude that's canon. One of the timelines Dr Strange sees when looks into the future is Star-Lord challenging Thanos to a dance-off like what he did at the end of the first Guardians movie and Thanos wins.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
This is also the case for me. I don't like being less able to be defensive.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Well I completely fell off this thread because of the hectic day I had yesterday. Can someone catch me up on all the things that happened? I heard Sassy Geno was debunked.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Well I completely fell off this thread because of the hectic day I had yesterday. Can someone catch me up on all the things that happened? I heard Sassy Geno was debunked.
Coro Coro reverted from saying 108 stages to 103, and Spawn Wave (A youtuber with a pretty great track record) is claiming that we might get two Nintendo Directs in November. One general one, and a Smash one

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom