• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
On the one hand, you've got Thanos in Fortnite being goofy. On the other, you've got no X-Men or Doom in MvCI.
Disney is weird. I'm almost convinced that all executive decisions regarding video games are made by flipping coins and throwing darts.

I genuinely don't know if Sora could get in Smash without Disney intervening. That being said, I feel like Sora would've been shown off at E3. All the KH3 content would tie in wonderfully with a Sora reveal.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Nothing so far?
So boring.

October has 1 week left. Lets see what happens.

Coro Coro reverted from saying 108 stages to 103, and Spawn Wave (A youtuber with a pretty great track record) is claiming that we might get two Nintendo Directs in November
One for smash. One for pokemon go.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Coro Coro reverted from saying 108 stages to 103, and Spawn Wave (A youtuber with a pretty great track record) is claiming that we might get two Nintendo Directs in November. One general one, and a Smash one
Coro Coro reverted on their statement? That doesn't bode well. I follow Spawn Wave though, that's an interesting tidbit that sounds believable.

Untouch

Smash Master
I wonder how defensive characters like Palutena or Zelda will be affected by this gameplay.
Positively I think actually.
Slower characters can't keep up with characters who just roll around the stage to avoid attacks (Sonic).

D

Deleted member

"Who Killed Roger Rabbit?", but it is a global videogame crossover, and it's called "Who Killed Chunky Kong?"

Note: the movie has Framed instead of Killed. I refer to the book.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
"Who Killed Roger Rabbit?", but it is a global videogame crossover, and it's called "Who Killed Chunky Kong?"

Note: the movie has Framed instead of Killed. I refer to the book.
He was killed off because they wanted D.K to be the strongest Kong.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
When it comes to Sora I can actually see him make an appearance in Ultimate

I don't think Disney is THAT tight about Sora appearing in the biggest crossover in gaming history

The only gap I see in Sora making it in is the pacific ocean

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
So if we are getting two directs in November...idk that makes me nervous that we would get a Pokemon Direct before Let's Go and then a Smash direct after then. I mean does it make sense to have a Smash direct first and then a Pokemon direct???

The second direct could be an Indies or mini or something and could be anytime in the month I suppose. I don't really know how much more there is to say about Pokemon Go, and they actually don't normally do directs for Pokemon games. Maybe I have nothing to worry about...

Untouch

Smash Master
So this "image leak" that's out there and has made Square Enix upset has likely not been made public yet.
If that's the case, the clock is ticking on a real leak coming forth.

KMDP

Smash Legend
If anything the rolling/airdodge changes are forcing you to be intelligent about how you use them, not necessarily pigeonholing you into offense.

Smooth Criminal
Somebody posted that "Unpopular Smash Opinions" video by Omni yesterday (the day before yesterday?), where one of his points was that he thinks Ultimate looks like it's going to play very similarly to Smash 4 (basically, it's not different enough compared to the transition(s) from Smash 64 > Melee > Brawl), but he was (either deliberately or mistakenly) downplaying the massive ramifications the dodging, "dash-into-attack" and universal jump-squat changes will have on the meta (he also claimed that the "balloon knockback" isn't a real change or something like that).

Those five changes (dodge staling, directional air dodge, dash into action, universal jump squat and balloon knockback, for the record) are going to wildly effect the game's meta, both casually and competitively; some more than others.
For Glory will be fun this time.
Say that again after punishing noobs for the exact same rookie mistakes for the 200th time. :laugh: (I'm jk'ing, obviously)

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
In unrelated news, I discovered that amiibos appear to be getting an obnoxious price hike in Canada.
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/amiibo-super-smash-bros-ridley/12917606.aspx?
With the CAD exchange rate, the $21.99 CAD comes out to about $16.77 USD, actually. They only have a nominal price hike, they're actually being sold for the same as the U.S. of A.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't think Disney is THAT tight about Sora appearing in the biggest crossover in gaming history
Disney...the same company that mostly promotes/promoted Marvel content that related to the MCU (aka the characters they have full right to) and Spider-Man while helping Marvel try to replace the X-Men with Inhumans...they could easily be tight about Sora

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Disney...the same company that mostly promotes/promoted Marvel content that related to the MCU (aka the characters they have full right to) and Spider-Man while helping Marvel try to replace the X-Men with Inhumans...they could easily be tight about Sora
inb4 sora shows up in Fortnite

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I know

But they did it solely to promote the MCU which is a different situation from Sora appearing in Smash

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh I took a another look at suposivly cloudmleaker post

Now I’m definately confident some of you jumped off the geno train too fast

1 it was not exactly a image leak that ruffled the feather he said a image/text leak ruffled some feathers

2 it may actually be a leak that none of us know about because it may be a private message leak

3 unless I read this wrong he’s gonna loose credit because he may have switched to Nintendo’s feathers got ruffled

And beside that there’s already too much going for geno right not lock for the game but very likely

So for geno

D

Deleted member

Mario Genorations

Yet, they would do a better job with the Fantastic Four than freaking Fox.

Seriously, most of the recent Fox movies aren't that good besides some exceptions.

Did anybody like the new Predator movie?
And what about the amount of people that dislike the new Simpsons episodes?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't see how anyone can feel completely comfortable with their character now that we're almost six weeks away from release. There ain't much room left for newcomers, so a single unexpected reveal could be enough to bump someone from "almost a lock" to "maybe DLC?".

Actually, I'd be really excited for something unexpected. Imagine the scene if none of the last few characters were Incineroar, Steve, or a SE rep.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't see how anyone can feel completely comfortable with their character now that we're almost six weeks away from release. There ain't much room left for newcomers, so a single unexpected reveal could be enough to bump someone from "almost a lock" to "maybe DLC?".

Actually, I'd be really excited for something unexpected. Imagine the scene if none of the last few characters were Incineroar, Steve, or a SE rep.
Both three would be cool for me but I really would like if Richter wasn't the most unpredictable newcomer.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

It would probably be fine *shrug*

It's not just me- I'm totally complacent with the roster as it is, and the absurd predictions help keep things interesting around here instead of having everyone's tails between their legs because people keep insisting that they "hype responsibly"

With that said, Geno will be bringing 3 echos. One of which is Sassy Geno.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I am at this point hoping for at least one surprise character - along the lines of King K. Rool, to come along with Ken and Incineroar.

Even though a SE rep has been speculated for months, I still think Geno or Sora would be a huge surprise and a lot of fun, so they would work to. Don't really expect more than 3 newcomers including echoes.

Both three would be cool for me but I really would like if Richter wasn't the most unpredictable newcomer.
Oh I think that's an impossible task lol. I don't think you could find someone who predicted getting Richter as an echo of Simon.

Last edited:

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
It would probably be fine *shrug*

It's not just me- I'm totally complacent with the roster as it is, and the absurd predictions help keep things interesting around here instead of having everyone's tails between their legs because people keep insisting that they "hype responsibly"

With that said, Geno will be bringing 3 echos. One of which is Sassy Geno.
Monkey Geno (or long-arm Geno) will be the second echo, i assume?

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
I have a stupid question: is the general consensus that Brawl Geno was painted over, not retextured? Because it's absolutely not the latter.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Yet Sora had a limited DLC release in World of Final Fantasy and him and Riku were in a KH themed event in Brave Exvius more recently. (Also, Thanos in Fortnite). It's not like Disney never does cross promotion, and they've eased up on Sora as of late.

Exactly. Heck, when Sakurai confirmed at E3 that there'd be fewer newcomers than usual should've been when people started dialing back expectations. I'm just hoping there isn't too much salt when all's said and done.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
When it comes to Sora I can actually see him make an appearance in Ultimate

The only gap I see in Sora making it in is the pacific ocean
I'm not a Square Enix fan in any sense, if anything I don't want another SE character, however I will say to Sora's credit, Disney/SE have been willing to license their characters out to silly things like Funko Pop. I doubt Disney characters would show up in any form in Smash, for obvious reasons, but I can see them willing to make a deal.

Heck, just the other day I noticed that Pixel Pals of Sora, King Mickey, Donald, Goofy, & Classic/Modern Lara Croft are coming out next month.

That said, merchandise is probably an entirely different in terms of contracts and departments so it's difficult to say for sure as with any 3rd Party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom