• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Well, everyone. It has begun.

I was all for Team October, but if Spawn Wave says it's November, and we have TWO directs, then I can't really argue with the track record he's gotten. I admit defeat. :laugh:
Hmm, his track record is great?

Wait, its source from LeakyPanda? Well...

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord

I was all for Team October, but if Spawn Wave says it's November, and we have TWO directs, then I can't really argue with the track record he's gotten. I admit defeat. :laugh:
Can't watch the video, does he specify on what type of directs they are? General, Smash, Pokemon, Indie, etc?

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
I will say though, now that I have some time off. Expecting more than Ken and Incineroar and saying they "aren't hype to end off this game" isn't being ridiculous. This game practically has the whole theme of either "this is the final Smash Bros./the biggest Smash Bros./the one to end them all," so to expect more than those two isn't being absurd, it's having expectations for what has been stated and marketed as.

This isn't Brawl. This definitely isn't Smash 4. This is Ultimate, hell, look at that name. It practically speaks it. Dreams have came true with Ridley and K. Rool, they're giving the fans what they want after much negligence in past games - it has it all, and if that menu theme alone doesn't say "Smash Ultimate is the greatest video game to ever exist," I don't know what will.

You can be hype about things, and you can also let your thoughts out on any current matter. But to tell someone that their feelings aren't justified is asinine.

Now that I got that out of my system, we're getting 108 stages, Geno is in the base game, and God help Dark Souls: Remastered does well on the Switch after the slaughtering it got.
In Japan it's called special; not ultimate.

Untouch

Smash Master
A pokemon direct seem unlikely tbh.
Pokemon normally only gets directs for game announcements, they detail news through twitter and youtube.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
In other news, there are 103 stages in Ultimate, according to CoroCoro. We are all stunned and amazing that the stage leak of Sakurai announcing the total and showing us a ******* graph in the middle of a Smash Direct turned out to be true.
"B-but...Sakurai is surely hiding the last couple of stages as a secret reveal! There's no way he'd end the speculation cycle with Incineroar and Ken because I don't want those characters, and he has to cater specifically to my demands! He's such a troll so he's gotta have something up his sleeve!"

-The majority of this website.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Depends if his track record is good

But I can see that date area about when the direct airs

But if they don’t show all the newcomers in that direct it’s over we not going to get surprised by the last couple

D

Deleted member

Can't watch the video, does he specify on what type of directs they are? General, Smash, Pokemon, Indie, etc?
One general, and one for Smash. He doesn't know which one will come first, so he mainly just threw a prediction out of his head that it might be in the later half of November for the Smash Direct and earlier for the General Direct.

I think if there's any credence to this, he shown a tweet of LeakyPandy, which for the record, they pretty much get their sources from him and try to claim it as their own, so this technically is a bit of a window to see what Spawn Wave's sources are saying.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Two Nintendo directs?

Watch them be Pokemon Lets' Go and Mario Kart Mobile directs.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
If there is a general direct, I expect:
  • One character that will be announced on the Direct
  • They will announce that there will be a Final Direct.

Hopefully its the former but the latter is likely.

Last edited:

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
TIme to make my own prediction.

Pokemon Direct VERY late October or early November for Let's Go and more info on Meltan / Go in general, ending with Incineroar.

Final Smash Direct mid-to-late November, date teased after Incineroar reveal.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
A pokemon direct seem unlikely tbh.
Pokemon normally only gets directs for game announcements, they detail news through twitter and youtube.
They've pretty much shown everything from Lets Go now there would be no point. There's still the final Meltan form but they are obviously just continuing the Oak and Willow thing on youtube. Anyway Pokemon has only ever got a direct whenever they reveal a brand new game.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

well i'll die on this hill alone then **** y'all :(:(:(

Jk, I'm glad everyone's getting some direction at the moment.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If there is a general direct, I expect:
  • One character that will be annouced on the Direct
  • They will annouce the that there will be a Smash Direct after they reveal the character.

Hopefully its the former but the latter is likely.
Fixed it

And that’s a good shot of a theory too

Last edited:

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
This is my ideal set of characters for a sequel that reboots the roster:

:ultmario::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultpeach::ultrosalina:: I cut Daisy and Dr Mario because clones, and Bowser Jr because not that much important. Luigi gets a Luigi's Mansion moveset. I keept Rosalina due to her unique gimmick and to represent the other not-Peach Mario princesses/girls.
:ultyoshi:(Baby Bros.): I feel like this series needs a new rep, and the baby bros are the most iconic characters. Kamek would still have a role in the game anyway.
:ultdk::ultdiddy:(Dixie Kong):ultkrool:: Added Dixie Kong.
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:(Ganon)(Tingle): cut the clones and Sheik because not much important. Added Ganon and Tingle because they are iconic.
:ultsamus::ultzss::ultridley:: cut Dark Samus because clone.
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight:: as much as I want Adeleine, I think that in case of a reboot, better to stay with the iconic main trio and improve their moveset.
:ultfox::ultwolf:(Krystal): Cut Falco because clone. Krystal in because she was important in the Gamecube/DS era and she brings original gameplay.
:ultpikachu::ultmewtwo:(new gen rep/s): I pretty much cut everyone except for Pikachu and Mewtwo (because iconic). A new Pokèmon should be added though (1 or more). I cut Pokèmon Trainer because I think its concept is inconsistent: if you can play as a pokèmon without the trainer, why would you need the trainer for some of them? If anything, the trainer should be a fighter on his own, fighting on the stage without the Pokèmons, with a moveset based on what he/she can do in the games (but would it make sense without the Pokèmons?).
:ultvillager::ultisabelle:(Tom Nook)(K.K. Slider): Added 2 important characters for this very popular series
:ultmarth::ultike::ultrobin::ultcorrin:: I'm not a Fire Emblem expert, I selected those characters only due to their moveset and I cut the clones. Maybe keep the movesets and replace the characters with different more recent ones.
:ultpit::ultpalutena:(a villain): Cut Dark Pit. A villain character should be added, probably Medusa because she appears in the original game.
:ultinkling::ultshulk::ultolimar:(maybe Arms? or something else not out yet): Modern franchises: 1 rep. each.
:ultness::ultfalcon::ultwario:(Lip): SNES era characters, 1 for each franchise (I cut Lucas because clone). I added Lip because why not. You can consider Wario a SNES era character or a modern character depending if you consider Super Mario Land 2/Warioland or just the Wario Ware series.
:ulticeclimbers::ultduckhunt::ultlittlemac:: NES era characters, 1 for each franchise.
:ultgnw::ultrob::ultwiifittrainer::ultmiifighters:(Nintendo Labo?): Hardware/Product mascottes. Mii is revamped and it's now based on the Wii- gamse, 3DS Mii Plaza and stuff like Miitopia/Tomodachi Life.

55/56 characters, no third parties, only characters who are important to Nintendo's history or who are very iconic for their unique moveset.
Compared to the about 70 characters we have so far, even if they are many, there are still a lot of cuts.
About 12/13 unique newcomers, but many old characters would require revamped movesets and updates, so it's still a lot of work.
I may still cut some of the less important characters if needed, such as Rosalina, Tingle, the Kid Icarus characters other than Pit, and the Animal Crossing characters other than Villager and probably more.
The roster will not be 50ish characters if its a reboot. Sakurai himself said that if he was to reboot the roster, It would 1/3 of Smash Ultimate roster. So around 23-25 characters would be in a reboot. You need to cut another 1/2 of your roster.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

If this is real, then the Box Theory is dead. I highly doubt that they would just reveal an Echo in the general direct.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
This is making me think that the Box Theory is dead, because it implies that we're getting at least 2 more unique fighters and I highly doubt that they would just reveal an Echo in the general direct.
Yeah, and then in the Smash Direct...

"...oh, and then there's Ken. He's here too."

Though the general direct may not have a fighter...

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yeah, and then in the Smash Direct...

"...oh, and then there's Ken. He's here too."

Though the general direct may not have a fighter...
They did reveal Isabelle in a general direct, so I believe that the general direct will most likely have a fighter.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Not gonna lie, I doubt that we'll ever see a roster number decrease as long as Sakurai is in charge.
I've seen a lot of people say that the remaining 6 empty slots can be used for DLC.
No, this still leaves empty slots if you don't have the DLC and limits the amount of stage DLC to 6.
I think the slots will just remain empty like Smash 3DS's character & stage select, just to be filled by an arrow to change the page to DLC stages.

VillagerX3

Smash Cadet
Revealing an echo wouldn’t be a smart thing to do. They don’t bring as much hype as the others, and if they were to reveal Ken, that would be no surprise to anyone.

D

Deleted member

Oh by the way, John's podcast is gonna be up in a minute. There could possibly be a hint like before with the September Nintendo Direct date being hinted at.

Of course, nothing might come up, but there could always be that possibility.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well, tbf, the guy who posted the photo didn’t really specify that they’re in the base roster. I think at most, the majority of the characters shown will be DLC. Like, I really want Doom Slayer in Smash, but I know that if he is in the base roster, he’d probably shoot up the rating. That’s why DLC is the best bet for Doom Slayer.
I highly doubt that Agumon and Klonoa are getting in unless both Heihachi and Lloyd are ATs.
That honor is probably gonna go to Incineroar imo...
I highly doubt that only Ken will be revealed in the Smash direct. If this guy is right, then the box theory is dead.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I can't wait for a unique to be revealed in the Nintendo direct and two uniques and several echos to be revealed in the Smash direct.

Sakurai: "Oh, you thought I was slowing down that much? Nah, I read the forums and the weird rules y'all make, have some broken theories"

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't even know what the general consensus is with the Box Theory anymore, and I'm starting to think no else does either.

"Totally believe the Box Theory 100%. By the way, who else besides Incineroar, Steve, and Geno do you think is getting in?"

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
People seem to forget that just because it’s called “Ultimate” doesn’t mean it’ll be the last title, even if it is fitting and perfect enough.

It’s called “Special” in Japan meaning it’s more of an occasion rather then a finale, Sakurai himself said that he’s happy to make more installments if there’s more demand. (We don’t deserve him)

That said, I’d prefer Ultimate having a long life span with constant updates and DLC, until 202X is where the Smash 6 can start in production.

If a reboot happens, then I wouldn’t mind a more FighterZ styled game with a smaller roster and such.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
While the date checks out to me, I'm not sure what makes this "actually likely" in your eyes compared to anything else
I don't trust youtubers, especially after the January logan paul thing, and I rather trust things that seem realistic rather than "lawl two directs on November", so yea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom