• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
What do you want Square-Enix getting pissed about?
That people find out that they still have two music in smash?
Well again, like I said, can't even be certain that Square is who he's talking about. I've seen crazier curveballs before anyway.

And even if it is Square, it could somehow have to do with the final stage number. Who's to say only one company would get upset at a project they're involved in, getting leaked?

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
This is my ideal set of characters for a sequel that reboots the roster:

:ultmario::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultpeach::ultrosalina:: I cut Daisy and Dr Mario because clones, and Bowser Jr because not that much important. Luigi gets a Luigi's Mansion moveset. I keept Rosalina due to her unique gimmick and to represent the other not-Peach Mario princesses/girls.
:ultyoshi:(Baby Bros.): I feel like this series needs a new rep, and the baby bros are the most iconic characters. Kamek would still have a role in the game anyway.
:ultdk::ultdiddy:(Dixie Kong):ultkrool:: Added Dixie Kong.
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:(Ganon)(Tingle): cut the clones and Sheik because not much important. Added Ganon and Tingle because they are iconic.
:ultsamus::ultzss::ultridley:: cut Dark Samus because clone.
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight:: as much as I want Adeleine, I think that in case of a reboot, better to stay with the iconic main trio and improve their moveset.
:ultfox::ultwolf:(Krystal): Cut Falco because clone. Krystal in because she was important in the Gamecube/DS era and she brings original gameplay.
:ultpikachu::ultmewtwo:(new gen rep/s): I pretty much cut everyone except for Pikachu and Mewtwo (because iconic). A new Pokèmon should be added though (1 or more). I cut Pokèmon Trainer because I think its concept is inconsistent: if you can play as a pokèmon without the trainer, why would you need the trainer for some of them? If anything, the trainer should be a fighter on his own, fighting on the stage without the Pokèmons, with a moveset based on what he/she can do in the games (but would it make sense without the Pokèmons?).
:ultvillager::ultisabelle:(Tom Nook)(K.K. Slider): Added 2 important characters for this very popular series
:ultmarth::ultike::ultrobin::ultcorrin:: I'm not a Fire Emblem expert, I selected those characters only due to their moveset and I cut the clones. Maybe keep the movesets and replace the characters with different more recent ones.
:ultpit::ultpalutena:(a villain): Cut Dark Pit. A villain character should be added, probably Medusa because she appears in the original game.
:ultinkling::ultshulk::ultolimar:(maybe Arms? or something else not out yet): Modern franchises: 1 rep. each.
:ultness::ultfalcon::ultwario:(Lip): SNES era characters, 1 for each franchise (I cut Lucas because clone). I added Lip because why not. You can consider Wario a SNES era character or a modern character depending if you consider Super Mario Land 2/Warioland or just the Wario Ware series.
:ulticeclimbers::ultduckhunt::ultlittlemac:: NES era characters, 1 for each franchise.
:ultgnw::ultrob::ultwiifittrainer::ultmiifighters:(Nintendo Labo?): Hardware/Product mascottes. Mii is revamped and it's now based on the Wii- gamse, 3DS Mii Plaza and stuff like Miitopia/Tomodachi Life.

55/56 characters, no third parties, only characters who are important to Nintendo's history or who are very iconic for their unique moveset.
Compared to the about 70 characters we have so far, even if they are many, there are still a lot of cuts.
About 12/13 unique newcomers, but many old characters would require revamped movesets and updates, so it's still a lot of work.
I may still cut some of the less important characters if needed, such as Rosalina, Tingle, the Kid Icarus characters other than Pit, and the Animal Crossing characters other than Villager and probably more.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
:bigthink:
I wonder if that was actually the final number...
I mean, at this point it's hard to believe it would be any higher.

A stage only having two music tracks to start off (That isn't Melee or 3DS) is pretty silly for a series as massive as FF, or to a lesser extent, an OST as massive as FF7.

Especially when the only thing close to a remix Cloud has is the FF7 Victory Fanfare.

Only series that come close are the likes of R.O.B., Ice Climbers and Game and Watch, but that's only because they're NES games with extremely limited OSTs.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
How should Agumon use Digievolutions in Smash?

Energy Bar (Like Little Mac)
Final Smash
Down + B

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I mean, at this point it's hard to believe it would be any higher.

A stage only having two music tracks to start off (That isn't Melee or 3DS) is pretty silly for a series as massive as FF, or to a lesser extent, an OST as massive as FF7.

Especially when the only thing close to a remix Cloud has is the FF7 Victory Fanfare.
I agree about that being ridiculous.
That's why it's a :bigthink:. I think it is the final number, but I'm not locking in that answer.

Though, if some other SE character gets in, it probably wouldn't use the FF category anyway. Unless, of course, it's also a FF character. (meh)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Not to mention, didn't Sakurai explicitly state they're very much going overkill over protecting themselves from major leaks happening?
It seems previous leaks are playing a major factor in their strategy this time around.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if 1 person only worked on 1 newcomer, that way if it did get leaked, it wouldn't be too major
How should Agumon use Digievolutions in Smash?

Energy Bar (Like Little Mac)
Final Smash
Down + B
Umm... Didn't you post this earlier?
I know you're super passionate about your character and all, just make sure to not repeat the same stuff...
trust me, it's even a problem for me...
But to answer your question: Energy Bar

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
If Sora is in Smash, DLC or Base, I want his track to be more than 2 songs. Having only two songs is pitifull especially when Kingdom Hearts music is great!

If there is only 2 songs, I will be really pissed, but I know it will happen because SE is really stingy.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
If Sora is in Smash, DLC or Base, I want his track to be more than 2. Having only two track is pitifull especially when Kingdom Hearts music is great!

If there is only 2 soundtrack I will be really pissed, but I know it will happen because SE is really stingy.
Nah, they're chill with KH music since they're the one owning it except for the Opening songs.

Untouch

Smash Master
If Sora gets in, I feel like we aren't going to get screwed with the music.
I don't think Shimomura is stingy with the KH music. (If she even owns the rights).

Square Enix has a track record of making poor choices when it comes to asset ownership it seems.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Anything interesting of note today, or are we still stuck in this drought?
Here's a little recap for ya

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Well again, like I said, can't even be certain that Square is who he's talking about. I've seen crazier curveballs before anyway.

And even if it is Square, it could somehow have to do with the final stage number. Who's to say only one company would get upset at a project they're involved in, getting leaked?
If we're getting a new Square Enix stage, it's gonna have a character with it.

The reason we believe he's talking about Square is because he implies his source is from Square just by avoiding to say their company name when talking about Vergeben, always using "they," out-right saying Nintendo's name anyway, and we also have reason to believe this because he has info that let's him know it's not Ken so either he does know more than just "there's a leak out there" or his source is definitely from a different company than Capcom, in this case it's Square due to his words.

KMDP

Smash Legend
So, why are you even considering that rumour with like 20 newcomers?

Did that person predict something or what?
Just because we're guessing who the "leak" (hard quote marks) entails, it doesn't mean we're "considering" the rumour.

BrashCandicoot

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-0606-3457
Switch FC
SW-2362-2833-3327

Polan

Smash Lord

:ultmario::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultpeach::ultrosalina:: I cut Daisy and Dr Mario because clones, and Bowser Jr because not that much important. Luigi gets a Luigi's Mansion moveset. I keept Rosalina due to her unique gimmick and to represent the other not-Peach Mario princesses/girls.
:ultyoshi:(Baby Bros.): I feel like this series needs a new rep, and the baby bros are the most iconic characters. Kamek would still have a role in the game anyway.
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:(Ganon)(Tingle): cut the clones and Sheik because not much important. Added Ganon and Tingle because they are iconic.
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight:: as much as I want Adeleine, I think that in case of a reboot, better to stay with the iconic main trio and improve their moveset.
:ultfox::ultwolf:(Krystal): Cut Falco because clone. Krystal in because she was important in the Gamecube/DS era and she brings original gameplay.
:ultpikachu::ultmewtwo:(new gen rep/s): I pretty much cut everyone except for Pikachu and Mewtwo (because iconic). A new Pokèmon should be added though (1 or more). I cut Pokèmon Trainer because I think its concept is inconsistent: if you can play as a pokèmon without the trainer, why would you need the trainer for some of them? If anything, the trainer should be a fighter on his own, fighting on the stage without the Pokèmons, with a moveset based on what he/she can do in the games (but would it make sense without the Pokèmons?).
:ultvillager::ultisabelle:(Tom Nook)(K.K. Slider): Added 2 important characters for this very popular series
:ultmarth::ultike::ultrobin::ultcorrin:: I'm not a Fire Emblem expert, I selected those characters only due to their moveset and I cut the clones. Maybe keep the movesets and replace the characters with different more recent ones.
:ultpit::ultpalutena:(a villain): Cut Dark Pit. A villain character should be added, probably Medusa because she appears in the original game.
:ultinkling::ultshulk::ultolimar:(maybe Arms? or something else not out yet): Modern franchises: 1 rep. each.
:ultness::ultfalcon::ultwario:(Lip): SNES era characters, 1 for each franchise (I cut Lucas because clone). I added Lip because why not. You can consider Wario a SNES era character or a modern character depending if you consider Super Mario Land 2/Warioland or just the Wario Ware series.
:ulticeclimbers::ultduckhunt::ultlittlemac:: NES era characters, 1 for each franchise.
:ultgnw::ultrob::ultwiifittrainer::ultmiifighters:(Nintendo Labo?): Hardware/Product mascottes. Mii is revamped and it's now based on the Wii- gamse, 3DS Mii Plaza and stuff like Miitopia/Tomodachi Life.

55/56 characters, no third parties, only characters who are important to Nintendo's history or who are very iconic for their unique moveset.
Compared to the about 70 characters we have so far, even if they are many, there are still a lot of cuts.
About 12/13 unique newcomers, but many old characters would require revamped movesets and updates, so it's still a lot of work.
I may still cut some of the less important characters if needed, such as Rosalina, Tingle, the Kid Icarus characters other than Pit, and the Animal Crossing characters other than Villager and probably more.
thanks i hate it. cutting unique characters because they aren't "important" enough while adding tingle and the baby bros...super happy that people on this board aren't in charge of the smash games.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
The reason we believe he's talking about Square is because he implies his source is from Square just by avoiding to say their company name when talking about Vergeben, always using "they," out-right saying Nintendo's name anyway, and we also have reason to believe this because he has info that let's him know it's not Ken so either he does know more than just "there's a leak out there" or his source is definitely from a different company than Capcom, in this case it's Square due to his words.
Hmmm, funny you should mention Capcom. Not too long ago, there was a script leak that technically hasn't been debunked yet, and had a few people intrigued with, even including what looked to be an official letter to a translation team.

It suggested that a Direct in early November, around the 6th would occur and Phoenix Wright was one of the characters mentioned as playable.
Hmmmmm.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Potato_

Smash Lord
I can see one Smash direct. Really don't see the point of another general direct especially when we had one in September, unless they have a lot of stuff in the oven we don't know about, which I also doubt.

There is stuff like Star Fox GP that we still haven't heard anything about, or if it's even real. What else would they have for a full main one? I'm skeptical but ready to be proven wrong.

Hmmm, funny you should mention Capcom. Not too long ago, there was a script leak that technically hasn't been debunked yet, and had a few people intrigued with, even including what looked to be an official letter to a translation team.

It suggested that a Direct in early November, around the 6th would occur and Phoenix Wright was one of the characters mentioned as playable.
Hmmmmm.
You have a link to this? I'm curious if there's other interesting Capcom news in it.

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
If Sora is in Smash, DLC or Base, I want his track to be more than 2 songs. Having only two songs is pitifull especially when Kingdom Hearts music is great!

If there is only 2 songs, I will be really pissed, but I know it will happen because SE is really stingy.
The composer of KH already has many songs in Smash Bros so I think it would get more than 2

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Hmmmmm.
He also mentioned "they" having their feathers ruffled. Phoenix Wright could get in, but he's insinuating Square is mad based on his source's words.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

Since when is Tingle iconic?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I can see one Smash direct. Really don't see the point of another general direct especially when we had one in September, unless they have a lot of stuff in the oven we don't know about, which I also doubt.

There is stuff like Star Fox GP that we still haven't heard anything about, or if it's even real. What else would they have for a full main one? I'm skeptical but ready to be proven wrong.
Some people are speculating that there might also be a Pokemon Direct alongside the Smash One...
I'm not so sure of that though, honestley...

D

Deleted member

..and?
Doesn't mean he'll be right about this
Even though he's been practically been on a huge streak of getting stuff that's right. Trust me, you put Liam Robertson, Emily Rogers and Laura Kate Dale in a room with Spawn Wave, and they ain't got jack **** against him.

If he knew about Mario U Deluxe before these other well-known "leakers", you really can't dismiss him. I'll even go as far as to say he gives Vergeben a run for his money.

Untouch

Smash Master
Interesting. I've heard that Spawn Wave is credible, is that true?
I can't really recall their track record, but they've gotten some stuff right.
Honestly I'm very confident we're getting a direct either the 7th or 8th, this just feels the most likely here.

LetterO

Smash Lord

>Cutting Falco, Lucas, and Toon Link for being clones despite being semi clones at this point but also keeping Isabelle, another semi clone

This ain't it, chief.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Some people are speculating that there might also be a Pokemon Direct alongside the Smash One...
I'm not so sure of that though, honestley...
If it's a direct around Let's Go, I doubt it HUGELY. Whenever they've had stuff to talk about with that they've just dropped it on twitter, not to mention that they've shown off a lot of the game already. Combine that with the game coming out very soon and I doubt there's much time for a direct in November.

If it's a direct around Gen 8/Other news? Possible but I doubt it as well. Gen 8 would blow Let's Go away with the hype it'd generate online, which could affect sales negatively. It's a lot more likely than a Let's Go direct in my eyes but still seems unlikely.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
>Cutting Falco, Lucas, and Toon Link for being clones despite being semi clones at this point but also keeping Isabelle, another semi clone

This ain't it, chief.
To be fair, Isabelle's far lower on the cloneliness scale than they are.

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace

You cut Sheik and Bowser jr only to add tingle, another ganon and baby bros.

What are ya doin'

D

Deleted member

Well, everyone. It has begun.

I was all for Team October, but if Spawn Wave says it's November, and we have TWO directs, then I can't really argue with the track record he's gotten. I admit defeat. :laugh:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

I can appreciate the effort though I disagree with some picks/cuts

Then again, I'd probably say the same for every personalized roster that isn't my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom