• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Incineroar armed to the teeth with weaponized furniture is a higher tier than Incineroar with just Pokemon moves
What, a slow heavyweight smacking enemies with with powerful disjoints? How boring. We already have Dedede for that, he'd clearly play exactly the same.

Should've gone with Wurmple, we don't have a character designed around String Shot using web-slinger in Smash yet.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
What if we just didn't get a Pokemon even though I really like Incineroar
While it's highly likely Incineroar's in, if there is a Pokemon "quota" it's been met 2-4 times over with returning veterans, who effectively count as newcomers. It's why I initially assumed we wouldn't be getting a Pokemon newcomer until Verge's leak. But there's a 95% chance Incineroar's in.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Been gone for a bit.

I don't know who asked for a meme request, but I have a selfish one.

If Geno is in and gets announced, can we please have him in the likeness of DIO doing the famous 'It was me Dio!' but instead

"You thought it was a different Square Rep, But it was me, Geno!!"

That is all.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Hey everyone!

Any Smash-related news... (Why am I even bothering with this question?)

The more realistic question is what characters have we argued about today?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If Tansut isn't pulling our leg, then we're definitely getting Geno, Sora, or Slime from Dragon Quest Erdick or someone.

I just read it again and was reminded that he said he feels it confirms Vergeben's stance on it being a character from "that company."

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Been gone for a bit.

I don't know who asked for a meme request, but I have a selfish one.

If Geno is in and gets announced, can we please have him in the likeness of DIO doing the famous 'It was me Dio!' but instead

"You thought it was a different Square Rep, But it was me, Geno!!"

That is all.
But that would work if it was someone everyone don't expect... Otherwise the meme is ruined-

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If Tansut isn't pulling our leg, then we're definitely getting Geno, Sora, or Slime from Dragon Quest Erdick or someone.

I just read it again and was reminded that he said he feels it confirms Vergeben's stance on it being a character from "that company."
Slime AT that comes with the Erdrick / Eight / Jade or Rab or Erik / XI's Hero

give me any combination of any of those people

D

Deleted member

Sadly, we will only hear a Smash cover of the Goldeneye theme in our deepest dreams.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ok so I'm playing Order of Eclessia, amazing game, might be my favourite Castlevania game and 2 things
1: Shanoa for Smash
2: GODDAMN DID THE COMPOSERS DO THIS SOUNDTRACK DIRTY IT'S AMAZING WE DON'T WE HAVE SORROW'S DISTORTION?
THIS IS LIKE THE BEST BOSS THEME (Sorry Julius yours is just 2 remixes)

D

Deleted member

Ok so I'm playing Order of Eclessia, amazing game, might be my favourite Castlevania game and 2 things
2: GODDAMN DID THE COMPOSERS DO THIS SOUNDTRACK DIRTY IT'S AMAZING WE DON'T WE HAVE SORROW'S DISTORTION?
The Castlevania games for DS are underrated.

Untouch

Smash Master
Have y'all seen Omni's "Unpopular Smash Ultimate Opinions"?

One of them is that, basically, there is always going to be that one character who just beats everone else, like Bayo in smash 4 right now. And when that character gets nerfed, then a different character will reign over the others, and so on.

Edit; God, I love Omni's videos. He's just so funny XD
I don't think the problem with "top tier" characters is that they're better, it's just when every other character has to follow some rule of the game but that character gets to ignore it.
Look at launch Rosalina for example. She was never even the best in the game, just the worst to fight against.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Damn, I've only played the Xenosaga games, and a small portion of Xenoblade X. I really need to get my act together. :(
Just play more X. It's the closest thing to Saga which was a high point. Kind of an unpopular opinion in that I wasn't big on XBC but love Shulk himself and I don't want to play XBC2.

Torna seems really interesting though. I might pick that up.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I didn't grow up in the 90's either. I played smrpg on the wii u virtual console just this year and became a Geno fan. It's more common than you think for younger people to like old games. Many people in the younger generation prefer classics to new games. It's not just nostalgia based.

Edit: this was meant as a response to the user who was saying Geno is only liked by 90's kids but that part seems to have disappeared.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Sorrow's Distortion and Scarlet Battle Soul are both amazing tracks.

D

Deleted member

8 pages in 2 hours? You guys are experts in creating content out of nothing.

KMDP

Smash Legend
One of them is that, basically, there is always going to be that one character who just beats everone else, like Bayo in smash 4 right now. And when that character gets nerfed, then a different character will reign over the others, and so on.
I mean, he's not wrong.

There is always going to be a character that ends up the best.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Nice but im more keen to the Barlow Boss Theme. We should have Lament to the Master.

D

Deleted member

I didn't grow up in the 90's either. I played smrpg on the wii u virtual console just this year and became a Geno fan. It's more common than you think for younger people to like old games. Many people in the younger generation prefer classics to new games. It's not just nostalgia based.
Me neither.

But i grew up watching reruns of 90s cartoons, so i got interested in stuff that existed before i was born.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom