• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Kinda hoping the rumored Square Enix character is Lara Croft.

Applebutter61

Smash Journeyman
I don't think the problem with "top tier" characters is that they're better, it's just when every other character has to follow some rule of the game but that character gets to ignore it.
Look at launch Rosalina for example. She was never even the best in the game, just the worst to fight against.
Haha, like the fact that cloud actually has some form of dash dance in smash 4, and bayo can actually combo you to your death, pretty much for free, and that sheik doesn't even have to worry about landing lag.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I wouldn't even be mad.

In fact, I would probably be pretty hype no matter who it is, as long as it isn't a Final Fantasy character.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Just wouldn't be as exciting for me.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Not much of a Square Enix guy but seeing her revealed and the salt from fans of other series calling her a nobody will be funny.

Tomb Raider OST, tho.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Ok so I'm playing Order of Eclessia, amazing game, might be my favourite Castlevania game and 2 things
1: Shanoa for Smash
2: GODDAMN DID THE COMPOSERS DO THIS SOUNDTRACK DIRTY IT'S AMAZING WE DON'T WE HAVE SORROW'S DISTORTION?
THIS IS LIKE THE BEST BOSS THEME (Sorry Julius yours is just 2 remixes)
YES AND YES. This is one of my top three favorite games in the series. Soma and Shanoa assist trophies or bust!!

(Or DLC...) (or regular trophies I'll take anything)

D

Deleted member

If I had to give a tier list of Square Characters I'd like to see it'd be like this:
Want Immensly Tier: 2B, Sora, Cecil Harvey
Would Welcome: Erdrick, Lara Croft, Terra Bradford
Don't Really Car For: Slime, Geno
Please No: Noctis, Lighting.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Nice but im more keen to the Barlow Boss Theme. We should have Lament to the Master.
That's fair but I haven't gotten all villagers yet so I haven't heard it yet
The Castlevania games for DS are underrated.
I'm only now getting into CV but SotN and Aria of Sorrow are the only ones I hear get talked about. Aria's cool and I've yet to play SotN but Portrait of Ruin's daaaaaamn good

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'd only want Lara if she implemented her dual pistols. Not really interested in pick-axe/bow Lara.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
That's fair but I haven't gotten all villagers yet so I haven't heard it yet
I'm only now getting into CV but SotN and Aria of Sorrow are the only ones I hear get talked about. Aria's cool and I've yet to play SotN but Portrait of Ruin's daaaaaamn good
Oh its pretty good and it makes you just wanna kill the son of a..... Family site.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Lara would neither excite me or upset me (Unless she meant no Geno, which is probably the case).
I know she's iconic but personally the character does nothing for me.

beans

Smash Lord
Ok so I'm playing Order of Eclessia, amazing game, might be my favourite Castlevania game and 2 things
1: Shanoa for Smash
2: GODDAMN DID THE COMPOSERS DO THIS SOUNDTRACK DIRTY IT'S AMAZING WE DON'T WE HAVE SORROW'S DISTORTION?
THIS IS LIKE THE BEST BOSS THEME (Sorry Julius yours is just 2 remixes)
Cause we cant have nice things

Iridium

Smash Hero
I still stick with wanting Ryu Hayabusa. Definitely wouldn't play like the other ninjas, and would bring some awesome music and potential stages too!

It might be possible for him to get the Cloud treatment for alts, and perhaps the Simon treatment by using additional weapons along with his Dragon Sword (sword lover here). At least it's possible..

D

Deleted member

I still stick with wanting Ryu Hayabusa. Definitely wouldn't play like the other ninjas, and would bring some awesome music and potential stages too!

It might be possible for him to get the Cloud treatment for alts, and perhaps the Simon treatment by using additional weapons along with his Dragon Sword (sword lover here). At least it's possible..
Same man. Ryu Hayabusa would be amazing to see Ultimate. I'm praying he gets in as DLC.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

I'm hoping he gets the Project Ganondorf treatment and can switch stances:
Sword stance: iconic Ninja Gaiden moveset
Ninjutsu stance: Dead or Alive moveset.l

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Damn, I've only played the Xenosaga games, and a small portion of Xenoblade X. I really need to get my act together. :(
You've played way more than I have! The only Xeno game I've played is X, and I only got about halfway through.

When ESRB leak dropped back in August 2014, I literally lost my mind. Not only did my most wanted character EVER (:ultbowserjr:) get leaked WITH GAMEPLAY, I got introduced to another character who I've never heard of before (:ultshulk:). After seeing everything that leak had to offer, I pulled up Youtube and watched the cutscenes for Xenoblade Chronicles. That character was the reason I got interested in JRPGs at all.

I obviously have personal bias towards Elma, since she was my favorite character in X. But after learneing about KOS-MOS through Xenoblade 2, I really got into the Xeno franchise's lore.

And the rest is pretty much history. Not too much background, but enough to warrant my support of the Xeno series getting more representation in Smash!

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord

Aside from maybe Shantae, Ryu Hayabusa is probably one of the last characters i sort of expect at this point. The last of the NES All Stars finally come to Smash. Hopefully with options between his original and reboot costumes.
Sakurai always seems to go for the most iconic designs

So i'm assuming classic Lara
I'd imagine Square Enix would push her Modern design though..

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Umm... thought I'd just put this here. It's all of the characters I support, in no particular order. :/

Geno (Super Mario RPG)
Banjo-Kazooie
Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
Bandana Dee (Kirby)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Reimu Hakurei (Touhou)
Kat & Ana (WarioWare)
Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo)
KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective Club)
Adeleine (Kirby)
Vaati (The Legend of Zelda)
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) (She's so cute! <3)
Susie Haltmann (Kirby)
Midna/Twili Midna (The Legend of Zelda)
Fjorm (Fire Emblem Heroes)
Lyn (Fire Emblem)
Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy 7)
Palla, Catria and Est (Fire Emblem?)
Veronica (Fire Emblem Heroes)
Saber Artoria (Fate/Stay Night)
Toon Zelda (The Legend of Zelda)
Tetra (The Legend of Zelda)
Medli (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
Terra Branford (Final Fantasy 6)
Mipha (The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild)
Anna (Fire Emblem)
Birdo (Super Mario)
Meloetta (Pokemon)
Goomba (Super Mario)
Tsareena (Pokemon)
2B (NieR: Automata)
Marx (Kirby)
Viridi (Kid Icarus)
Edelgard von Hresvelgr (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
Gunvolt (Azure Striker Gunvolt)
Kat (Gravity Rush)
Lana (Hyrule Warriors)
Asuka (Senran Kagura)
Hikari and Donbe (Shin Onigashima)
Marina (Mischief Makers)
Linkle (Hyrule Warriors)
Bub & Bob (Bubble Bobble)
Shantae

Splotim

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone seen this leak yet? Probably fake like most of the leaks, but I haven't seen this possibility discussed yet. I think this would be a step in the right direction for Smash Bros as a whole.
Smash Leak.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom