• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Hmm, remember Moonfall?
You mean the much less successful fan campaign that is considered successful because Nintendo was making the game anyways? ;)

****, the Shulk thread was one of the most friendly, optimistic, fun threads to be in during Smash For speculation. We had a ****ing blast while the rest of the boards was going down in flames hating on each other. We stayed in our little corner speculating and made Riki a god and came up with Ditson and Dixson because back then Dickson was censored, trying to save each other from spoilers that ended up in Smash anywho. I had a lot of damn fun in the Shulk thread and that goes way back to when I first started on these boards. It was insane the amount of bandwagoners the thread got before the Robin reveal too. And we welcomed then all with open arms. The Shulk thread was a blast, man.
Totally this. The Shulk thread was hands down one of the best places to be on Smashboards during Sm4sh speculation. I miss me the Dorf Patrol.
Yo i'm a bit late for the sassy Geno talk but I just came back from a bit of time travelling (just did some archeology in the Geno thread actually...) to find the source/origin of the sassy Geno, i was just curious. I compiled a bit of info in the process, i'm just sharing it in case some people are interested.

The image was posted on 4chan at some point (the link is broken) and reposted on the Geno thread on September 1st by PsychoIncarnate and then by KCCHIEFS27. I wonder if they remember anything about the OP? Probably not, it's been awhile and around that time there was a bunch of fake Geno leaks floating around (plus this was the time of the Agnés Agnès fake leak... which was drainning a lot of attention).

Some people speculated that the pose could be part of Geno idle animation (or more recently, that it could be a taunt). After some talk, it just got lost in the storm of fake leaks and was never debunked.

The only time it was almost debunked was when someone re-posted this tweet from Nibroc.rock:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

But the conlusion came quickly that the models were not the same (and that the gif was probably a joke inspired by the leaked image itself).

I'm not saying it's 100% a real leak but there was no conclusive attempts to debunk it yet so i'm thinking it's potentially a real leak at this point (yeah i'm biased tho, i love Geno).

That's it! My work here is done! See ya!

Note: I'm going back to bed, i'm sick af... winter is coming and so is the flu... :S
A good analysis of the Geno "leak," though I'd still be skeptical given how it's only a portion of the model and lacks any other evidence for it.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
You mean the much less successful fan campaign that is considered successful because Nintendo was making the game anyways? ;)

Totally this. The Shulk thread was hands down one of the best places to be on Smashboards during Sm4sh speculation. I miss me the Dorf Patrol.
The Dorf Patrol?

osby

Smash Obsessed
The first time it happened was with Bowser Jr. It was explicitly stated in the Memories post

I think Greninja too

That's why I say my boi will be on November 21st. That's the least I can expect them to do if they're gonna treat him like that...
Yeah, it was a joke.

I won't object Yoshi getting his post, what, a month after now, as long as last post is Bayonetta.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I need people to make Micheal Myers Mii Fighters for Smash Ultimate

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Speaking of Venusaur did it blow anyone else's mind that the whole bulbasaur line is more based on frogs than dinosaurs?

Just learned about that the other day.
I became irrationally angry when I figured that out, but I've since calmed down. Regardless of if he's a reptile or amphibian, it's still the same Bulbasaur I know and love.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Did we talk about this?
1539898032676.png

The numbers lead to a Youtube video of a song from Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Those Who Stand Against Our Path

What do you guys think it means? I apologize if we've already talked about it, but I don't have time to sort through 50+ pages after a long day.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Actually the whole Ivysaur being something other than a dinosaur as its Western name would suggest is very similar to my boi's classification. Over here he's considered a dinosaur but in Japan it's a lot more complicated...

Noipoi

Howdy!
Did we talk about this?
View attachment 170704

The numbers lead to a Youtube video of a song from Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Those Who Stand Against Our Path

What do you guys think it means? I apologize if we've already talked about it, but I don't have time to sort through 50+ pages after a long day.
We talked about it for a bit. It's not like we didn't expect a Xenoblade character, be it Elma or Rex.
I'm not sure if it means a new character though. It might not be Smash related at all.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Did we talk about this?
View attachment 170704

Hmmm I mean Elma or Rex MAYBE... but more likely just a xenoblade song they got from nintendo.

I assume they wouldnt leak a character or something (or if theyd even know about one) they'd more likely just get people excited about another song they might have heard or are allowed to show us soon.

thats my guess anyway.

Last edited:

Chumpodile

Smash Journeyman
I became irrationally angry when I figured that out, but I've since calmed down. Regardless of if he's a reptile or amphibian, it's still the same Bulbasaur I know and love.
Aww he's cute as a big 'ol frog!! Besides, he's not really 100% a frog, he's go those ears and a whole bunch of other stuff going on

osby

Smash Obsessed
Maybe the Crunchii post is suggesting that the next music update will be a Xenoblade track

Like it should've long ago
You'll get another Mega Man and Fire Emblem remix at the same time and you'll like it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yoshi is a good boy, he'll never forgo his taxes.

(Also it feels weird knowing there are places where you have to pay your taxes manually. Creepy.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom