• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
The remaining:

:ultyoshi::ultluigi::ultzelda::ultmewtwo::ultroy::ultgnw::ultmetaknight::ultzss::ultdiddy::ultlucas::ultolimar::ultrosalina::ultlittlemac::ultpacman::ultrobin:ultbayonetta:
gracias, i was hopin someone would list them with the stock icons. Surprised that Zelda has yet to get a post yet, but if I were to guess I think she'd be pretty soon. Placing bets for last blog post, I'm calling Yoshi. Just a hunch.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
gracias, i was hopin someone would list them with the stock icons. Surprised that Zelda has yet to get a post yet, but if I were to guess I think she'd be pretty soon. Placing bets for last blog post, I'm calling Yoshi. Just a hunch.
I don't blame you choosing Yoshi, but I'm guessing he's saved for November 21st. MY prediction will be Luigi

Pakky

Smash Hero
Here are more of those "headcanons" of mine.

Link: This guy has literally no sense of humor. He is all too serious. He rarely laughs at jokes and can easily declare some jokes as bad humor, even when they are not. Still, Link is a friendly, brave soul with a fierce fighting spirit, and has a good sense of right and wrong. He will also break up arguments from time to time.

Kirby: Unlike in Right Back At Ya, Kirby can actually speak. Kirby is fun loving and has a good nature, and is a bit childish and can get into trouble uninteltionally in some way. Still, he is good at interacting with others and likes being called cute. However, he gets angry when others try to take his food from him. Before Smash Bros 4, Kirby kept sneaking into the kitchen to eat food, sometimes getting caught. Now, Kirby is constantly fighting another hungry Smasher, Pac-Man, over the food.

Pikachu: Adorable in every way, Pikachu loves spending time outdoors, and he loves certain kinds of food. He is cuddly and usually happy, and he likes being around the female Smashers. However, those who make Pikachu mad are in for the shock of a lifetime! Out of all Smashers, Pikachu has a bond with Samus, who saved him during the events of the Subspace Emissary in Brawl.

Fox: As a Smasher, Fox kind of acts like a cop, and even loves detective action movies. He has a good sense of law and rules, and is never afraid to fight anyone, whoever the fighter may be. He does get along well with his fellow Smashers, and is good friends with his Star Fox teamate, Falco. Fox is also something of a tough guy.

King Dedede: A big, jolly, yet kinda greedy member of the Smash Bros. Group,, King Dedede always wants others to treat him like a king or of royalty. He can be seen eating or talking to Meta Knight, but most of all, he is usually seen chasing after Kirby and trying to hit him with his hammer. He will pound others with his hammer if they disrespect or insult him.

Ryu: A discliplined warrior, Ryu is only interested in battling others for the sake of improving his own abilities, and usually isolates himself from others. But he is capable of interacting with the others, and even teaches them some lessons about fighting well. He has quite a bit of respect for Little Mac and Lucario.

Cloud: A nice guy of the Smash Bros group, but with issues. He can lash out at others or even attack them if they pick on him or insult his past. He does not like talking about his nemesis, Sephrioth, but he can care for others when he wants to, and is normally not a bad sport when he loses unless he suspects someone cheated against him.

Bayonetta: The magical witch of the group, who is quite playful and teasing (in a not so harmful way) towards others. She is usually seen in the library looking up books, especially books that have to do with magic. She loves to taunt and scare Pit and Dark Pit, who usually try to avoid her and even panic when she gets too close to them.

Rosalina and Luma: The mother-children members of the group, Rosalina is very nice to others in the Smash Bros. Group, but is always looking out for her Lumas, doing things like telling them bedtime stories and such. If anyone dares to attack her Lumas outside of battle, or use them as a sports ball, Rosalina will get mad and attack them.

Inkling: The trash talker and competitive, hyperactive kid of the group, Inkling is one to taunt and say different things on how she will win against others on the field of battle. When excited for a fight, she sprays ink around the mansion, but this does get her into trouble with Master Hand, and she always ends up having to clean it all up.

Bowser: The bully of the Smash Bros. Group, he is anything but nice, and will not hesitate to pick on anyone when he feels like it. He likes to hit on Peach, who slaps him on the nose every time, which somehow causes him to cry. He also like throwing Bomb-ombs at Mario given the chance, and mostly gets owned after he bullies someone. He also beats up those who pick on his son, Bowser Jr.

Ganondorf: The king of evil, Ganondorf is cruel and malicious, though to his chagrin, the others are not afraid of him. Ganondorf does not like to be questioned, and will attack those who do so. He is very mean, and is usually seen practicing some dark religion. He also usually goes after Sonic after he calls him "Ganondork".

Bowser Jr.: The spoiled kid of the Smash Bros. Group, he is used to getting his way. He enjoys pulling pranks on others just for the fun of it, especially the Mario Brothers and Yoshi. He sometimes spends time with his father, Bowser, who will spoil him and defend him from others who dare try to pick on him. He enjoys doing bad over doing good.
Piggybacking because I love it

:ultgnw:: An old eldritch deity that roamed the lands in his youth. Now, however, he's a wily old codger, that likes to play with umbrellas and does unsightly things in public. Those who have heard of him from the old books or from school know he's a danger and keep their distance. However, peers and ignorant kids think he's alright even though he speaks the old tongue of "Beeps & Boops" so only a few others like can:ultpacman: understand him, and thus they are friends.

:ultpacman:: A monster from the old days that devoured the ethereal with malice and fury. Though in time he grew wise, popular, settled down, had a family, and made friends out of his enemies. Had various appearances in media and enjoyed his time as a celebrity. Those who know of how he used be to respect him deeply like :ultbayonetta: while others just know him a the friendly grandad who likes fruits. All the kids like him and most educated villains approach him with caution or stay away. Seeing as how not many speak the old tongue he and :ultgnw: get along great. Though he is the straight man in their two-man act, usually reminding :ultgnw: of the new-age way of doing things.

:ultbayonetta:: Likes :ultpacman: as a wise grandad and appreciates his love of sweet things. Though she thinks he disapproves of her nuances :ultpacman: holds no judgment and appreciates that someone so young is interested in hanging around him.

----

:ultkrool:: A man of great intellect and has a deep appreciation for a great many things. However, despite being pretty intelligent he is actually mad and bad-tempered. And thinks anything vaguely apelike could be a Kong and must be killed. However in the presence of pure animalistic tendencies and demon-like hate that is in the possession of :ultridley: They cancel each other out. Which results in a genocidal maniac and a mass murderer going down to the beach to skip rocks and whistle at pretty girls.

This does not go well:ultzss:

:ultridley:: A brilliant war tactician and strategist hell-bent on killing and manning all life before him. However :ultpichu: this little baby has be proclaimed as his nephew. Because its innocence makes him giggle. The madness possessed by :ultkrool:cancels the malice in :ultridley: and thus two squeeze into their van and go down to the beach to sunbathe.

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
We're nearing the base roster soon. but there's four characters that have been really on my mind for DLC. Thoughts on these 4?

Springman

Rex & Pyra

Crash Bandicoot

Doomguy
Springman - very very likely but who knows if Nintendo or Sakurai really wants to mix fighting IPs.

Rex & Pyra - always felt they were likely for DLC but not locks. It's a tossup between them and Elma tbh.

Crash Bandicoot - I unfortunately feel his revival came too late. Don't know if Sakurai would want to go there or not. I desperately want him but I don't think it'll happen.

Doomguy - someone else I REALLY want in but I think his chances are about 30%. Despite deep Nintendo history and Sakurai including characters from M rated franchises, I don't know if Sakurai will hit a wall with envisioning a moveset with Doomguy, and it's not a given Bethesda will go for it either.

Overall I'd buy all of these characters for DLC. It would take a lot to convince me not to buy a character (refused to buy Corrin and Bayonetta last go around but got everyone else)

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, I wish Bayo's upair sent opponents horizontally instead of up so we didn't have to deal with the easy-bake touch of deaths. Perhaps draw more from her game and focus more on finishing enemies off with wicked weaves and implement more risky charge attacks into her moveset.

NineS

Smash Lord
We're nearing the base roster soon. but there's four characters that have been really on my mind for DLC. Thoughts on these 4?

Springman

Rex & Pyra

Crash Bandicoot

Doomguy
Springman seems like a very reasonable choice. Although, I feel as if Sakurai will prioritize other characters. ARMS did immensely well, and a character from ARMS would end up being easy for Sakurai to put in due to no legal troubles. In Smash, however, they're not as popular as some other top contenders.

Rex & Pyra... I have mixed feelings on this one. I know they're both certainly likely, but I've always felt it'd be more of Rex or Pyra than Rex & Pyra. Regardless, I feel another Xenoblade rep is likely.

Crash Bandicoot is a good iconic choice. It depends on how big of a fan demand he has, and whether Sakurai really wants him. I can see him in the game, but as one of the less likelier possibilities.

Doomguy I don't see happening at all, for a variety of reasons. He'd be interesting, no doubt, Sakurai is likely not to want to go down the path of DOOM.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Springman

Rex & Pyra

Crash Bandicoot

Doomguy
Springman: Makes sense, has a unique gimmick, but I'm not interested in the series, and he's especially the most blandest pick (which is probably what it'll be, unless we get a welcomed surprise like Twintelle or Helix).
Rex & Pyra: Could definitely be interesting given the gameplay mechanics, and like an ARMS rep, is a solid choice for DLC.
Crash Bandicoot: The most iconic platformer not yet in Smash, and is one of those "Why aren't they in Smash yet?" third party characters.
Doomguy: Ehhh, not recognizable to me despite being a big IP, as it's kinda hard with first person games. Best I can say is I'd be glad for the fans.

EDIT:
Crash Bandicoot - I unfortunately feel his revival came too late. Don't know if Sakurai would want to go there or not. I desperately want him but I don't think it'll happen.
DLC

...hopefully (should add, I don't think Crash will be forgotten by the time DLC comes around, his popularity is still higher than it was in 2015)

Last edited:

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
I'd say some safe picks for those not to be the last post are Pac-Man, Bayonetta, and Zelda. I cant see a third party getting last pickings for a blog post, and Zelda's new design is an interesting topic for a post I dont think they'd leave until the end.

Also to me this feels like Nintendo is choosing members for a dodgeball team and the last post is the loser in gym class who gets picked last. Super sorry for whichever sucker that ends up being : (

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It still baffles me that we haven't gotten blog entries for some characters who were playable in the demo.

NineS

Smash Lord
I'd say some safe picks for those not to be the last post are Pac-Man, Bayonetta, and Zelda. I cant see a third party getting last pickings for a blog post, and Zelda's new design is an interesting topic for a post I dont think they'd leave until the end.

Also to me this feels like Nintendo is choosing members for a dodgeball team and the last post is the loser in gym class who gets picked last. Super sorry for whichever sucker that ends up being : (
You're forgetting that of the characters left, two of them could qualify as literal dodgeballs. :ultpacman::ultmetaknight:
Envision having the ball chosen as a teammate twice, and you still end up last.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Piggybacking because I love it

:ultgnw:: An old eldritch deity that roamed the lands in his youth. Now, however, he's a wily old codger, that likes to play with umbrellas and does unsightly things in public. Those who have heard of him for the old books or from school know he's a danger and keep their distance. However, peers and ignorant kids think he's alright even though he speaks the old tongue of "Beeps & Boops" so only a few others like can:ultpacman: understand him, and thus they are friends.

:ultpacman:: A monster from the old days that devoured the ethereal with malice and fury. Though in time he grew wise, popular,and settled down, had a family and made friends out of his enemies. Had various apperances in media and enjoyed his time as a celebirty. Those who know of how he used to respect him deeply like :ultbayonetta: while others just know him a the friendly grandad who likes fruits. All the kids like him and most educated villains approach him with caution or stay away. Seeing as how not many speak the old tongue he and :ultgnw: get along great. Though he is the straight man in their two-man act, usually reminding :ultgnw: of the new-age way of doing things.

:ultbayonetta:: Likes :ultpacman: as a wise grandad and appreciates his love of sweet things. Though she thinks he disapproves of her nuances :ultpacman: holds no judgment and appreciates that someone so young is interested in haning around him.

----

:ultkrool:: A man of great intellect and has a deep appreciation for a great many things. However, despite being pretty intelligent he is actually mad and bad-tempered. And thinks anything vaguely ape like could be a Kong and must be killed. However in the presence of pure animalistic tendencies and demon-like hate that is in the possession of :ultridley: They cancel each other out. Which results in a genocidal maniac and a mass murderer going down to the beach to skip rocks and whistle at pretty girls.

This does not go well:ultzss:

:ultridley:: A brilliant war tactician and strategist hell-bent on killing and manning all life before him. However :ultpichu: this little baby has be proclaimed as his nephew. Because its innocence makes him giggle. The madness possessed by :ultkrool:cancels the malice in :ultridley: and thus two squeeze into their van and go down to the beach to sunbathe.
I love how :ultbayonetta: is a few hundred years old in canon but :ultpacman: and :ultgnw: older than her in here.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Luigi I get. It's part of his character. But my boi being treated like that really infuriates me since he's an OG 8
Not that your anger is unjustified, but I think they just wanted to make a gag with two characters.

Chumpodile

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Venusaur did it blow anyone else's mind that the whole bulbasaur line is more based on frogs than dinosaurs?

Just learned about that the other day.

Yo i'm a bit late for the sassy Geno talk but I just came back from a bit of time travelling (just did some archeology in the Geno thread actually...) to find the source/origin of the sassy Geno, i was just curious. I compiled a bit of info in the process, i'm just sharing it in case some people are interested.

The image was posted on 4chan at some point (the link is broken) and reposted on the Geno thread on September 1st by PsychoIncarnate and then by KCCHIEFS27. I wonder if they remember anything about the OP? Probably not, it's been awhile and around that time there was a bunch of fake Geno leaks floating around (plus this was the time of the Agnés Agnès fake leak... which was drainning a lot of attention).

Some people speculated that the pose could be part of Geno idle animation (or more recently, that it could be a taunt). After some talk, it just got lost in the storm of fake leaks and was never debunked.

The only time it was almost debunked was when someone re-posted this tweet from Nibroc.rock:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

But the conlusion came quickly that the models were not the same (and that the gif was probably a joke inspired by the leaked image itself).

I'm not saying it's 100% a real leak but there was no conclusive attempts to debunk it yet so i'm thinking it's potentially a real leak at this point (yeah i'm biased tho, i love Geno).

That's it! My work here is done! See ya!

Note: I'm going back to bed, i'm sick af... winter is coming and so is the flu... :S

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Not that your anger is unjustified, but I think they just wanted to make a gag with two characters.
It's not just that one scene. It's the fact that he's not in the demo and his blog post is being delayed despite being an OG 8. This is also accompanying the fear that he may not have changed enough to warrant being left out of the demo. Top it all off with the idea that there's a theme of the OG 8 getting prominence in the final product BUT they find some way to leave out Yoshi.

Yeah, that little joke at the end of the trailer is the least of my worries...

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Speaking of Venusaur did it blow anyone else's mind that the whole bulbasaur line is more based on frogs than dinosaurs?

Just learned about that the other day.
I always thought he looked more like a frog really. I didn't see much of a resemblance to any dinos.

Note: I'm going back to bed, i'm sick af... winter is coming and so is the flu... :S
Aww, hope things improve for you soon man. :(

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's not just that one scene. It's the fact that he's not in the demo and his blog post is being delayed despite being an OG 8. This is also accompanying the fear that he may not have changed enough to warrant being left out of the demo. Top it all off with the idea that there's a theme of the OG 8 getting prominence in the final product BUT they find some way to leave out Yoshi.

Yeah, that little joke at the end of the trailer is the least of my worries...
I'm pretty sure blog posts are chosen in random but can't disagree with the rest (though boxart has nothing to do with Sakurai).

It's cute. Because you think this means something then you remember their series hasn't had a true non clone/echo newcomer since Melee.
Don't you see, we have two green Links since Melee. If that's not a bias for green, I don't know what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom