• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I kinda notice edges on the Geno model that seem light, even the edges of the shadowed areas.

I mean, not every edge on these characters has the white stuff, either.
Close up picture actually get more and more white Outline as it's Dynamic. And less and less outline when you get farther.
Compare Mario to Luigi to Ike and to Ken.
I choose to picture specifically at different distance to show that difference.

Geno's picture is a close up we should see big white Outline on the "twirling hair" the hat, and both side of the cape. Sadly it is not the case.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Alright, I tried marking where I believe some noticeable polygons are on the Geno model; some parts may seem smoother because it's a bit blurry:

View attachment 170651

original for reference:

View attachment 170641
Seeing how this is getting more and more likely, I think it’s time that we should get someone with seemingly more experience to look at this even further.

Sorry vaanrose vaanrose , but do you mind looking into this?

EDIT: Looked into it further and a very valid counterpoint seemed to have been made. Though, this image is still interesting regardless.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
DEJIMONWKHUDOFSRUS H I TIDE

Digimon World File City DE (Maybe "Day")
I'm pretty sure it's "Digimon World File ****ty Day", it literally spells it out for you.

Also you have 10 seconds to prove you're not the one behind this.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
:ultpalutena: finally has a post...and has no Memories.

Three KI characters, and not a single one has that. You people had ONE JOB. ONE.

When did "hate anime swordsmen" somehow mutate into "hate anime characters"?

Next thing you know, people will worship Sony for going with realistic-looking characters.

Anyway, anime-styled characters are fine. Those that did not originate in something completely tied to a game in some way, are not elligible.
Palutena to be nerfed confirmed

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Got a game for all of y'all.

The original 12 for each gaming company.

Capcom
Konami
Microsoft
Namco
Sega
Sony
Square Enix
Chun-Li, Mega Man, Ryu, Captain Commando, Demitri Maximoff, SonSon
Rathalos
, Palico, Nathan Spencer, Mike Haggar, Jill, Tessa
Alucard, Trevor, Solid Snake, Sparkster, Goemon, Frogger
Pentarou
, Twinbee, Bill Rizer, Shiori, Bomberman, Yami Yugi
Steve?/Alex?, Master Chief, Banjo & Kazooie, Conker, Jago, Fulgore
Cuphead/Mugman
, Kameo, Splosion Man, Marcus Campbell, Rash, Joule Adams
Klonoa, Pac-Man, Clyde, Taizo Hori, Valkyrie, Haruka Amami
Rick Taylor
, Lloyd, Don-chan, Agumon, Wonder Momo, The Prince
Dynamite Headdy, Sonic, Dr. Eggman, ToeJam & Earl, Alex Kidd, Arle Nadja
Akira
, Billy Hatcher, NiGHTS, Sakura Shinguji, Asha, HORNET
Knack, Crash Bandicoot, Dr. Cortex, Spyro, Spike, Parappa
Ari
, Ratchet, Jak & Daxter, Sly Cooper, Kratos, Robbit
Sora, Cloud, Terra, Bub & Bob, Crono, Gex
SonicBlastMan
, Lara Croft, Roddick, Burn, Tobal, Super Drunk
When did "hate anime swordsmen" somehow mutate into "hate anime characters"?
Honestly? NEVER.

You'd be right to be paranoid, however, as long as enough people are chanting "anime was a mistake" at the same time.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Odd how you're the only one in this thread to have found this leak which includes Digimon knowledge only an expert like you would know of hm
Wow so I say it and nobody listens but you say it and you get the gospel?
I've been bamboozled. :redface: Grefunkled. Trampooned, if you will.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Am I the only one that things this light rendering engine looks... bad?

It makes some characters look too highlighted. Mario is a good example of it. Compare how he looks in Ultimate to how he looks in Smash 4 or Odyssey and he looks shiny for some reason. Like his clothes are made of plastic instead of fabric. Since when do clothes reflect light like that?

Not all characters have this issue, and it seems to vary from map to map, but this and the huge dust effects are my only two issues with Ultimate.
Oh yeah that rendering engine is very weird. In motion not so much... But it's disgusting. What you said is true, it depends on map to map...but all sunny sunlight map have that disgusting (imo) issue here.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I kinda notice edges on the Geno model that seem light, even the edges of the shadowed areas (or at least his shadowed ear? I thought I noticed sumthin...).

I mean, not every edge on these characters has the white stuff, either; most of the shadowed areas, in fact.
Something I noticed is a lot of models do indeed have that white light. However some of them lack it. DK is a good example of that, especially in (kind of) shaded areas.
I notice (just barely) that there is some of that light on Geno's hat and his right side of the cape. Almost like the Sun is passing by...or the stage is moving and messing with the lights a bit.

Until we can see Delfino Plaza in play, we won't know for sure. This image is still alive I feel. Fake? Probably. Real? Probably.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Here I am, just being grateful that :ultpalutena:'s specials are being compacted in some way.

It should really pick up the pace for anyone looking to main or pocket her.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Im realy not, but i can't prove it
Please note the mods have asked us not to just throw in clearly BS or fake leaks like the one you post. And have posted frequently, not to be rude.
Slow down with them, yea?

Here I am, just being grateful that :ultpalutena:'s specials are being compacted in some way.

Oh they're being compacted? How so?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Rathalos
Pentarou
Cuphead/Mugman
Rick Taylor
Akira
Ari
SonicBlastMan

Honestly? NEVER.

You'd be right to be paranoid, however, as long as enough people are chanting "anime was a mistake" at the same time.
Roddick? As in Star Ocean First Departure Roddick?

Good taste there friend, we need more Star Ocean love

Edit - damn Autocorrect

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Close up picture actually get more and more white Outline as it's Dynamic. And less and less outline when you get farther.
Compare Mario to Luigi to Ike and to Ken.
I choose to picture specifically at different distance to show that difference.

Geno's picture is a close up we should see big white Outline on the "twirling hair" the hat, and both side of the cape. Sadly it is not the case.
I mean, there are shadowed parts of Mario (and more-so on Luigi, some on Ike) that don't have the white outline, and looking at the Geno image, I think I can see a bit of it on the lighter sides, the left of the lighter string of hair, and perhaps the hat at least(?). I thought I noticed a bit on his ear that's in the shadow, but I'm not sure. However, since some of the white outline seems thin, I believe it's possible that the blur may have blended the major colors together, leaving out the white.

I dunno; I guess we'll see.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

They took away that stupid custom move gimmick she had, so finding a way to make her worse than before would be a pretty big accomplishment. And not in the good way.

Don't know if that's enough to get more people to main her in tournaments, but it's progress.

Last edited:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Oh they're being compacted? How so?
For example, Explosive Flame and Autoreticle are both available in some form (Unlike them being two separate variations of neutral B on 3DS and Wii U), whereas Counter and Reflect Barrier are both on her Down+B.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Oh yeah that rendering engine is very weird. In motion not so much... But it's disgusting. What you said is true, it depends on map to map...but all sunny sunlight map have that disgusting (imo) issue here.
My hope is that things get polished and tweaked before release, since there were already some tweaks and improvements from what was shown at E3 and what was shown in August. Mario particularly might be unfinished, given that his in-game CSS art in the demo isn't the final art as seen everywhere else.

But it's entirely possible that this is just the art style they're going with for this game, and that'd be upsetting. For a game with so many great graphical improvements, for it to be hampered by weird character lighting and annoying dust clouds would be awful.

If we could get Smash 4's lighting and dust effects, and everything else from Smash Ultimate, it'd be perfect.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Juxqnoh Vwdq zloo eh dq hfkr ri Jdqrqgrui.

Just so you all know, I'm still going through a little bit off a Gravity Falls phase and all of this talk of codes from today is not helping.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Rathalos
Pentarou
Cuphead/Mugman
Rick Taylor
Akira
Ari
SonicBlastMan

Honestly? NEVER.

How did you make the Namco roster without havng a Soul Calibur character??

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Juxqnoh Vwdq zloo eh dq hfkr ri Jdqrqgrui.

Just so you all know, I'm still going through a little bit off a Gravity Falls phase and all of this talk of codes from today is not helping.
Right, R2, Circle, R1, L2, Down, L1, R1

Link's the Soul Calibur representative in Smash. :p
Good. If we had Yoda instead he'd be ****ing impossible to kill
damn galaxy far far away anklebiting ************

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
What do you think the final Event will be? Brawl had Mario vs Sonic vs Snake and Sm4sh had Mario vs Sonic vs Megaman vs Pac-Man.

I think it'll be Mario vs Sonic vs Snake vs Simon vs Megaman vs Ryu vs Pac-Man vs Cloud.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
What do you think Event 51 will be? Brawl had Mario vs Sonic vs Snake and Sm4sh had Mario vs Sonic vs Megaman vs Pac-Man.

I think it'll be Mario vs Sonic vs Snake vs Simon vs Megaman vs Ryu vs Pac-Man vs Cloud.
On my end, pretty much that, except you fight three giant Marios covering all three of his outfits.

Another week without new information, another week full of fake leaks and dumb "theories".

View attachment 170635
At this point, it's best to just play as much games as possible (or do anything else that doesn't involve being here) until something happens.

Palutena to be nerfed confirmed
Her custom moves are already almost certain to be taken away, so it'd be pointless to do that. :4pacman:

Honestly? NEVER.

But seriously though, I think the specific issue is supposed to be less "that character is anime" and more "that character's design ain't so hot" or "they won't provide much move/visual variety".

Unless everything in here is sarcastic and not taken in jest, in which case carry on, I'm getting tired of trying to tell whether or not someone gets insulted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom