• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Lara Croft not being in PS All Stars despite her being one of the PILLARS of the PS1 was yet another mistake that game made.
To be fair, she was going to be in, but it was an issue of timing.

Square Enix didn't want to use old Lara since they were just about to reboot her, but they also didn't want the rebooted version to appear first outside of Tomb Raider itself. Because they weren't allowed to delay the game to add her, things fell through. She likely would have been DLC at some point, but Sony pulled the plug after the Zeus DLC.

D

Deleted member

Y'know what? Why not have both Persona and Shin Megami Tensei in Smash? Joker and Flynn are my nominees.
Joker is my most wanted pipe dream character, so I'd be down with that. Nintendo appearances aren't a problem either thanks to Persona Q, so it's not impossible.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
If we ever got another SEGA character I would want them to be Vyse from Skies of Arcadia. That's a complete pipedream though.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I actually liked the tikis, especially with their musical instrument theme.

As far as Square Enix is concerned, aside from Sora since he's Disney, Lara Croft would definitely be my preferred choice. She is without a doubt the single most iconic gaming character that isn't either on the roster already or owned by Sony or Microsoft, so getting her in would definitely drive home the fact that this is a roster of gaming all-stars.
And if she were to get in, Sakurai would likely base her on her retro look, with the braid and shades and dual pistols.

I really have enjoyed the rebooted Tomb Raider a lot. It's great. But after finishing the third, I'm kind of done with this formula. I'm not sure what I want the series to evolve into next, but Shadow was just a reskin of Rise with a couple new ideas and a worse story, and it really felt like AC: Odyssey beat it out just a month later with more expansive exploration and a more authentic-feeling world.

More tomb puzzles, more outlandish discoveries, less introspection and origins. Also, where the **** did Sam go.

StormC

Smash Hero
Actually if Ken gets in we can already have Konami vs. Capcom. :ultsnake::ultsimon::ultrichter: vs. :ultmegaman::ultryu::ultryu:

Only thing missing is an announcter telling us to go "GO FOR BROKE!"

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I actually liked the tikis, especially with their musical instrument theme.

As far as Square Enix is concerned, aside from Sora since he's Disney, Lara Croft would definitely be my preferred choice. She is without a doubt the single most iconic gaming character that isn't either on the roster already or owned by Sony or Microsoft, so getting her in would definitely drive home the fact that this is a roster of gaming all-stars.
I keep meaning to ask Lara supporters, If she were to get in Smash, would you want it to be classic Lara or the reboot?

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
The only character that I actively do not want is Waluigi. Everyone and everything else is fine by me.

D

Deleted member

SE has a ton of stuff to pull from, so it's honestly pretty hard to choose for me.

If I had to narrow it down to a top 3, though...

3. Lara Croft
2. Sora
1. Crono

Geno, Noctis, or a Dragon Quest character would also be solid ideas IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Lara Croft joins Smash as the Angelina Jolie version.

She is too lesbian and squared for Smash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Okay, so I went Reddit surfing again, and now I can say that I was reminded of why Roy needs better hitboxes or something. Maybe the sweetspot could be closer to the sword (bigger?)

He's quite literally my favorite FE character, but I haven't played him yet (that will change), and it would suck for him to deal with these issues again.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I keep meaning to ask Lara supporters, If she were to get in Smash, would you want it to be classic Lara or the reboot?
I'd want classic. Like I said in an earlier post, I feel as though modern Lara has grown stale too quickly. Her origin personality still hasn't really evolved into a real "tomb raider" and Shadow was just an update of Rise with very little to truly set it apart as a successor.

However, modern Lara would likely make it in instead, since she uses a bow and arrow as her primary weapon, rather than dual pistols. Plus there would likely be push from SE to keep to the modern theme since they have their current games to advertise and a possible movie sequel.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I saw that reddit post about Roy. It really sucks he's given such God awful hitboxes. Hope he's buffed in Ultimate.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Considering Simon's design in Smash, would it be Classis Lara or Modern Lara?
Classic with Modern Lara costume, i feel that would be best. Her modern take is liked by most people, as opposed to modern designs for Simon and Pac-Man.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Judging from the interview with Sakurai and Nomura, it sounds like third party characters (especially with Square Enix) is more a matter of who Sakurai asks for, rather than who the other company puts on the table. I find it difficult to believe that Sakurai would ask for Lara Croft.
The fact that Sakurai himself asks for the third parties as indicated here reminds me why people throwing Geno into the trash lately is funny.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
With Lara's heavy reliance on realistic guns, (namely her iconic duel pistols) and her lack of popularity/fame in Japan I don't expect to see Lara ever join the battle.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Judging from the interview with Sakurai and Nomura, it sounds like third party characters (especially with Square Enix) is more a matter of who Sakurai asks for, rather than who the other company puts on the table. I find it difficult to believe that Sakurai would ask for Lara Croft.
No one should be suprised that Sakurai picks out most of the third-parties himself. That should've been abundantly clear when the character from one of his favorite franchises, one that he claims to have been a huge inspiration for him, got added in Smash the minute Konami was brought back in through Snake.

If he sees an opportunity to get a character he likes, he'll take it.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Sakutai better ask for Banjo and Crash.
Banjo & Kazooie were highly requested in Melee (along with James Bond, it should be noted), enough for Sakurai to mention the legal problems with the characters at the time. So, I say, with those legal problems less troublesome with Microsoft presumably on board, it makes perfect sense now. And Crash I feel like is the most iconic platformer not yet in Smash, particularly being Sony's former mascot no longer being owned by Sony. With those two in, we can have the Nintendo vs Sega vs Sony vs Microsoft battle of the century. :upsidedown:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I blacked out reading that theres apparently a vegan alternative recipe to apple cider cookies as if apples were meat... whatd i miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom