• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
Here's Mine. React to these guys

Min Min
Elma
Tap Trial Girl
Minecraft Steve
Crash Bandicoot
Incineroar
Min Min- Never played ARMS, has a cool design though
Elma- I forgot xenoblade X existed until a few months ago so i have zero clue what this character is about
Tap Trial Girl- Im not wild about an RH rep but im happy for those that wanted em'
Minecraft Steve- a very hard "eh"
Crash Bandicoot- Alright
Incineroar- Yeah baby!!!!

Iridium

Smash Hero
All my responses to any newcomer that isn't Boshi, another Yoshi rep or Mike Jones will be "okay, cool"
Okay, here's round 2 (with different characters)!

Akuma
Terry Bogard
Eggman
Vaati
Bill & Lance
Jeanne
Dr. Light/Wily
Prince Ali (Beyond Oasis)
Literally anybody from Persona
Boshi
Sigurd (couldn't resist, and @Idon got me too.)
Daroach
Marx
Viridi
Hades
Soma Cruz
Frog (Chrono Trigger)
Haxorus (a favorite Pokémon of mine)
Had you covered. Now I almost want to see you spam "okay, cool", for everybody there. I really tried on this list, though.

NineS

Smash Lord
Here's Mine. React to these guys

Min Min
Elma
Tap Trial Girl
Minecraft Steve
Crash Bandicoot
Incineroar
Min Min, 10/10. I don't really care if we get an ARMS rep, but she's one of my favorite characters from ARMS.
Elma, 5/10. I don't have a lot of experience with Xenoblade, and I'd be fine if she got it, but I would also be fine if she didn't.
Tap Trial Girl, 8/10 I'd be totally happy to have a Rhythm Heaven rep, regardless of who it is.
Minecraft Steve, 4/10. I don't really want him in, or care if he gets in. It'd catch me off guard, but it likely wouldn't hype me up unless Sakurai made a really good reveal trailer for him. At least he opens the door to other Microsoft reps.
Crash Bandicoot, 10/10. He's iconic, and anyone who says otherwise is insane. He seems like he'd be fun to play as.
Incineroar, 5/10. I personally don't mind what pokemon gets in, since I don't have favorites. I've been out of touch with pokemon for years now.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Okay, here's round 2 (with different characters)!

Akuma
Terry Bogard
Eggman
Vaati
Bill & Lance
Jeanne
Dr. Light/Wily
Prince Ali (Beyond Oasis)
Literally anybody from Persona
Boshi
Sigurd (couldn't resist, and @Idon got me too.)
Daroach
Marx
Viridi
Hades
Soma Cruz
Frog (Chrono Trigger)
Haxorus (a favorite Pokémon of mine)
Okay, cool (unless it removes my boi's Akuma victory pose, them **** him)
Okay, cool
Okay, cool
Okay, pretty neat
Okay, cool
Okay, cool
Okay, cool
Okay, cool
Okay, cool
*dies*
Okay, cool
Okay, cool
Okay, cool
Okay, cool
Okay, cool
Okay, pretty neat
Okay, cool
Okay, pretty neat

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
your reaction to checking the thread while doing homework and seeing everyone Fine Brothersing to everything

Iridium

Smash Hero
You know, at this point, I almost completely think that Mrs. Pac-Man still has a legitimate shot at getting in still. She barely appears on Pac-Maze at all, and when she does, she only does as a background character that does nothing at all. Not saying she's confirmed, but she definitely would be one of the easiest echoes in existence to add.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
your reaction to checking the thread while doing homework and seeing everyone Fine Brothersing to everything
My reaction: Please make dinner again Toaster

You know, at this point, I almost completely think that Mrs. Pac-Man still has a legitimate shot at getting in still. She barely appears on Pac-Maze at all, and when she does, she only does as a background character that does nothing at all. Not saying she's confirmed, but she definitely would be one of the easiest echoes in existence to add.
One of the very few who seems better as an alt costume to me.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
It's funny. I hated Incineroar months ago, but seeing people talk it up and also looking into it myself, and now seeing his personality in the anime has made me do a complete 180 on it and actually sort of love it now.

NGL, wasn't expecting that, lol. But I'm completely okay with it, 'cause now I can be just as hyped as everyone else if he gets in. :p
This happened to me too. He's not my most wanted Pokemon by far but if he's done correctly and portrayed as well as he is in the anime he could be a lot of fun.

But I gotta admit, even if he's the most fun Pokemon to play, I will forever remain salty about 2 things. 1. We already have a fire and a dark type, when there are about 6 or so types still unrepresented. And 2. We were so close to having a playable Ghost type which is my favorite type. Both one of the starters and one of the most marketed Pokemon for this gen were ghosts, and we missed out on cool ghost moves :/

TheMilkmann

Smash Apprentice
How would you guys feel if we got a playable fighter exclusive to Smash Bro's that was entirely original, acting as the series "mascot" of sorts?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
How would you guys feel if we got a playable fighter exclusive to Smash Bro's that was entirely original, acting as the series "mascot" of sorts?
Annoyed unless it's Sandbag.

I'd rather Smash be for existing characters.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
What if Incineroar gets in but he isn't a grappler character?
As long as he has Darkest Lariat I will love him. And even if he doesn’t I will still love him.

I wouldn’t object to a playable Tabuu or Primid.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Speaking of directs...
Which Smash characters do you think would like to see a new character announcement this month?
:ultdaisy: probably goes "Yipee!" When a Direct is announced
:ultkingdedede: Gets mad at inclusions that aren't Waddle Dee, Marx, Magalor, or Dark Meta Knight
:ultdiddy: Is the one who gets excited at every direct, but then leaves being disappointed
You mean like the character from Dragon King?

D

Deleted member

Every time I feel like Pokemon content can't get me hype anymore, it somehow always does. I'm really looking forward to Incineroar's reveal now.

Especially because it will probably be in the last Direct, which will finally answer the questions we've all had since June and August. I feel like the odds are good for next week, and 50/50 for this week.

Last edited by a moderator:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
An obvious and boring choice for Echo, her extreme similarities to Pacman make her much more suitable for costume I’d say. Give me KOS-MOS.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Elma- I forgot xenoblade X existed until a few months ago so i have zero clue what this character is about
Elma is all about badassery, cats, double guns, double swords, many clones of herself, sliding off a cliff in the middle of a battle and ****ing dying, and piloting giant robots with giant swords and giant guns. Also shooting a giant robot in the face while on foot because the alien inside talked too much.
She's also a very mysterious and well developed character. There's also two other cool reasons but they're very spoilery.

Boshi sounds like a great idea, since I like Yoshi in Smash and he's basically "The Cooler Yoshi," but mostly I really want Boshi to see how Zinith Zinith would react tbh.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I feel like the Primid is a missed opportunity. Captain Falcon and the Sandbag are clever notions though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom