• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So Verge denies being a hive mind. Of course, a hive mind would consider themselves a singular entity. Therefore Verge would deny it, being a hive mind. QED.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I'd like several shorter melee-like adventure modes, some themed after a specific series, some themed around crossovers that make sense (I dunno, Sonic, Starfox and F-Zero).
Basically, a mix between Adventure and Event Matches.
And the return of Smash Run, even a copy-paste would be nice.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
On a different note, why are people expecting a direct this month exactly? Yeah, it could confirm or deconfirm "those" theories, but it wouldn't matter since we also got November.
I guess mainly becuase we got a bunch of huge infodumps two months apart: E3 in June, the August direct, [October], then release. Not to mention the update on the YouTube playlist.

But I would have expected it at the beginning of October. At this point, it looks like the next bit of info will be the last, and it'll probably be here around the end of the month/beginning of November.

D

Deleted member

I'd like several shorter melee-like adventure modes, some themed after a specific series, some themed around crossovers that make sense (I dunno, Sonic, Starfox and F-Zero).
Basically, a mix between Adventure and Event Matches.
And the return of Smash Run, even a copy-paste would be nice.
I would also add the character interactions that Subspace had.

It was neat to see everyone interact with each other.

D

Deleted member

I guess mainly becuase we got a bunch of huge infodumps two months apart: E3 in June, the August direct, [October], then release. Not to mention the update on the YouTube playlist.

But I would have expected it at the beginning of October. At this point, it looks like the next bit of info will be the last, and it'll probably be here around the end of the month/beginning of November.
If a Direct releases on my birthday (unlikely, because it would be on a Sunday then), i wouldn't mind the wait.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I would also add the character interactions that Subspace had.

It was neat to see everyone interact with each other.
Yeah some short cutscenes with character interaction would be nice... and especially, some original series-based platforming stages like Melee had some.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't have a problem with original stages, Smash Run proved they can be good. Melee had the references right, but almost all stages were either already in the game or painfully linear.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales

That's a pretty good assumption really, considering LGPE launches mid-Nov. I mean, It's big enough that it wouldn't be overshadowed, but I don't see Ninty taking chances on this.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one that does not like how 3rd parties seem to be the most rumored/expected characters for both base and DLC? I mean Ken, Geno, Banjo & Kazooie, Steve, Rayman, etc are all 3rd parties and the only prominent 1st party is Incineroar :(

Don’t get me wrong, I like some of those but I don’t want DLC to be mostly 3rd Parties like in Smash For.

I want 1st parties like:
Paper Mario
Dixie Kong
Impa
Bandana Waddle Dee
Medusa
Isaac
Elma
Pyra/Mythra
Octolings

Who is with me?
I honestly never cared if characters were 3rd party or 1st party. Since ultimate seem like a fan service game I will just be happy if people got the characters they wanted regardless of the party. There probably going to be a balance of 1st and 3rd party characters since there are fans who want the characters you have listed. This is coming from a person who most wanted characters are 1st and 3rd party characters lol.

D

Deleted member

Why Not? Disney owns Fox now...
I fear that Capcom will make an excuse, because the deal is sealed in January.

Also, the rumours said that the new characters will be the ones planned for the original second batch of DLC.

I don't have a problem with original stages, Smash Run proved they can be good. Melee had the references right, but almost all stages were either already in the game or painfully linear.
I mean, if the original stages don't overshadow the ones for the franchises, i could find it fine.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Am I the only one that does not like how 3rd parties seem to be the most rumored/expected characters for both base and DLC? I mean Ken, Geno, Banjo & Kazooie, Steve, Rayman, etc are all 3rd parties and the only prominent 1st party is Incineroar :(

Don’t get me wrong, I like some of those but I don’t want DLC to be mostly 3rd Parties like in Smash For.
Well in countering the DLC point. 3 3rd parties against, 4 1st parties isn’t mostly, in fact that was kind of a balance I liked.

D

Deleted member

Don't double post.

Also, what do you mean by overshadowing?
Having more original stages than worlds from franchises.

Sorry for the double post, i am practicing with the message system.

Well in countering the DLC point. 3 3rd parties against, 4 1st parties isn’t mostly, in fact that was kind of a balance I liked.
In that case i would like it if the DLC were:

-Crash Bandicoot
-Banjo
-Rayman
-Dixie Kong
-Sylux
-Isaac
-Elma

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sorry for the double post, i am practicing with the message system.
It's okay.

Having more original stages than worlds from franchises.
Do you mean like in classic mode, where there are only two original stages? Yeah, I guess that would be balanced.

Personally I won't have a problem with original ones, considering we have like a hundred stages didn't originated in Smash already.

SonicMario

Smash Master
They probably meant actual Newcomers and not veterans. Which was 3 (Ryu, Cloud, Bayonetta) to 1 (Corrin)

Sitll though, we can't deny that 3rd parties bring more people willing to buy then some of the 1st party options. The fact we already have at least 9 (Pending on 10 given Ken's inevitability) it's hard to see them slowing down for DLC when 1/7th of the roster will be 3rd party. 3rd Party companies are going to want to line up for the instant moolah Smash Ultimate DLC will give them.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
They probably meant actual Newcomers and not veterans. Which was 3 (Ryu, Cloud, Bayonetta) to 1 (Corrin)

Sitll though, we can't deny that 3rd parties bring more people willing to buy then some of the 1st party options. The fact we already have at least 9 (Pending on 10 given Ken's inevitability) it's hard to see them slowing down for DLC when 1/7th of the roster will be 3rd party. 3rd Party companies are going to want to line up for the instant moolah Smash Ultimate DLC will give them.
Thanks for reminding me that Smash is the biggest crossover in gaming history ever

December 7th will do many people's childhood good

D

Deleted member

Thanks for reminding me that Smash is the biggest crossover in gaming history ever

December 7th will do many people's childhood good
Even though i wish for Crash and Banjo, i agree about Ultimate feeling perfect already.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Sigh. I wish there was more footage for me to analyze. I'm bored, not being able to do so. At least this set is good enough to watch over and over.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Yeah some short cutscenes with character interaction would be nice... and especially, some original series-based platforming stages like Melee had some.
I would love to see how certain characters would interact with one another. Especially Snake and Mewtwo.

D

Deleted member

Especially the ones involving Franziska Von Karma and Simon Blackquill alongside Phoenix Wright. *Sigh*
The-there are rumors saying Franziska Von Karma could be in a new MvC game...?

...Dangit, that is too good to be true, because that would be amazing.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
And Who Framed Rogger Rabbid? is close, but not in an equal size.
Sure, Roger Rabbit has not just multiple Disney Characters, but also the Looney Tunes and Droopy and such, But I don't think it's quite as big as Smash in terms of how many franchises are crossing over...

D

Deleted member

Please do not double post. Edit your messages instead. :)
Sorry about that.

Since i am on a phone, i am still getting used to the website.
Sure, Roger Rabbit has not just multiple Disney Characters, but also the Looney Tunes and Droopy and such, But I don't think it's quite as big as Smash in terms of how many franchises are crossing over...
That's why it isn't as huge as Ultimate.

But it was still a big deal to see Warner and Disney characters together.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
idk fox v fox is pretty even in melee :troll:
As even as a game can get
When Thanos was development head.
Thanos, a perfectly balanced Smash developer
Yeah. Brawl was a great game.
When you ignore Pit’s voice and the powers of Meta Knight
Says noone ever (except some Melee fanboys)
Not even Melee fanboys would think so
I do I do...

Well,
Smash 64 has the most balance in terms of characters. Even the most weakest still have potential to beat other characters.

Melee is unbalance, nearly half of the cast are viable while the rest are trash. Still, even the viable ones still have hard counters. Fox is not that dominant from what you think. He has evens with Falco and Marth and even other lower tiered characters, Jigglypuff, Sheik, Falcon, can still beat him by overwhelming his poor range, light weight/fast fall, and linear recovery. Otherwise, he is still a force to be reckon with.

Brawl is horribly unbalance, Meta Knight beats all of the MUs while Ganondorf loses all of the MUs, even the second weakest still beats him. Meta Knight is terribly broken and Ice Climbers is also really good.

Smash 4 is much more balanced than Melee and especially Brawl. Many characters have the ability to defeat one of the best characters if trained properly. No one has heavy counters. However, Bayonetta arrives and that changes the meta quiet a bit.

I hope Ultimate has the best balance. I want to play other characters competitively without being mollywhooped by better characters. Sakurai and Nintendo clearly focus more towards competitive Smash and I like that. I hope Ultimate is fun and balanced.
Well ****, you had an actual answer without Thanos needing to be involved

Iridium

Smash Hero
I remember showing off a pretty detailed video from GameXplain and the rendering of stages, but this one is really good when it comes to specifics.

What do you all think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom