• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You guys keep talking about the Masamune being big but it's not even that big
View attachment 169699
Frog could totally be playable you guys
Chrono Trigger appearing in Smash has been a long held pipe dream for me. If it ever happened, I would be happy, but also completely and utterly shocked.

As much as I love Frog, I'd probably prefer Crono get in first, though. Then maybe followed by Magus or Robo. Lucca would also be pretty cool.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I am not being aggressive. I am stating that people are bargoning for what is likely not there. The box has all fighters on it and people need to accept that. There is only 2 more left and then dlc goodness.
All I'm doing is stating an opinion. I'm not bargoning for anything. And no one needs to accept anything. Different people believe different things. No need to force your opinion on others.

D

Deleted member

Chrono Trigger appearing in Smash has been a long held pipe dream for me. If it ever happened, I would be happy, but also completely and utterly shocked.

As much as I love Frog, I'd probably prefer Crono get in first, though. Then maybe followed by Magus or Robo. Lucca would also be pretty cool.
Something something my sig something
also how dare you, frog should totally be the third Chrono Trigger playable character, after Crono and of course a sized down Lavos
Sephiroth gets in with Frog's Masamune
And with a frog suit from SMB3
You know what? I'll take that as CT's representation in Smash, it's the closest it'll ever get to it anyways.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Didn't realize until yesterday that October basically has five weeks this year meaning this coming week would play out pretty well for a Direct. Based on the past, if we don't get one by this Thursday, we probably aren't getting one until at least the first full week of November. On a different note, it kind of kills me that the day after I whined about the lack of new info, we get the Ash-Greninja confirmation... but as a text. This cycle has been considerably shorter than Brawl and SSB4 but it's still brutal in its own weird way.
Really late on this sorry, but if you're reffering to the pattern of general directs happening early in the month, while that seems to be true, we've had late in the month smash directs before. The 50 fact direct aired on October 23rd or so and I think we could see something similar.

Smash directs follow different patterns than general ones which is why I don't expect NOA to announce it via Twitter like the general ones. And I am expecting one before Nov. 2nd at this point.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I am not being aggressive. I am stating that people are bargoning for what is likely not there. The box has all fighters on it and people need to accept that. There is only 2 more left and then dlc goodness.
[citation needed]

Nobody's bargaining anything. At least I'm not putting any money bets on it. I can distinguish between my hopes and expectations, keeping the former high and the latter low. But if we assume we know all fighters already, might as well pack it up and come back in December.

D

Deleted member

Except maybe it's a good idea to let people think what they wanna think and wait and see what happens? I see no reason to police people on what opinions to have or what to believe and not believe, but eh, to each their own.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
All I'm doing is stating an opinion. I'm not bargoning for anything. And no one needs to accept anything. Different people believe different things. No need to force your opinion on others.
Absoulte statement. And saying there is more is bargaining. Denial of reailty is still denial.

We have 2 left and that is it
Sucks. But that is it.

QUOTE="Mr. Wario, post: 22543576, member: 264172"]Except maybe it's a good idea to let people think what they wanna think and wait and see what happens? I see no reason to police people on what opinions to have or what to believe and not believe, but eh, to each their own.[/QUOTE]

Isnt this board about discussions? And arguing opinions? And defendings ones stances?

Proving points?

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Absoulte statement. And saying there is more is bargaining. Denial of reailty is still denial.

Sucks. But that is it.
Well I see there's no point arguing with you because your personal belief about the theory is absolute and anyone who disagrees with you is in denial. There's no way someone could believe something different from you for any other reason.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Isabelle Deconfirmed Guys!!!
I have no idea what you are on about outside trying to argue that them censoring the box is enough proof of them making a radical change to the design post haste to shove 1 or 2 more onto the box.

It is a weak arguement that has been argued before. Need something more.

D

Deleted member

Isnt this board about discussions? And arguing opinions? And defendings ones stances?

Proving points?
There's a difference between stating one's opinion and acknowledging that others can have differing opinions and respecting that, and claiming one's opinion as undeniable truth and fact, and anyone who disagrees is in denial.

Opinions are opinions, not fact. We do not currently know how many characters are left. When we do, that will be a fact. Speculation is ideas mixed with bias, which is not fact.

D

Deleted member

My favorite thing to do when I come to a discussion thread is shutting down discussions by saying it's just my opinion.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've been using the word "Starsend" in my Geno titles for like 10 years and I forgot it's not actually a real word. I forgot how I got it

I just remembered it's "Godsend" but changed to reflect Geno's star spirit nature.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Well I see there's no point arguing with you because your personal belief about the theory is absolute and anyone who disagrees with you is in denial. There's no way someone could believe something different from you for any other reason.
It's basic Bayesian reasoning that nothing can be 0% or 100% true as that would mean no evidence could ever change one's mind (the definition of close mindedness). Of course, you can be 99.999% certain of something--and act as if it is fact. But the amount of evidence needed to justify that amount of certainty is magnitudes higher than the evidence we actually have.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I have no idea what you are on about outside trying to argue that them censoring the box is enough proof of them making a radical change to the design post haste to shove 1 or 2 more onto the box.

It is a weak arguement that has been argued before. Need something more.
Well i was gonna wait til the next direct when it was deconfirmed to get myself banned again but you know what why not..

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Box Theory is just like all those roster space theories from back in the day, a lot of people bargained on them but they never came true.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
There's a difference between stating one's opinion and acknowledging that others can have differing opinions and respecting that, and claiming one's opinion as undeniable truth and fact, and anyone who disagrees is in denial.

Opinions are opinions, not fact. We do not currently know how many characters are left. When we do, that will be a fact. Speculation is ideas mixed with bias, which is not fact.
Speculation is the point of this board. And we use what evidence we have to discuss. Getting mad because the discussion and evidence is against your opinion is not helopful.

Everything still points to 2 left. What has come up since box to prove it wrong?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

Sucks. But that is it.

QUOTE="Mr. Wario, post: 22543576, member: 264172"]Except maybe it's a good idea to let people think what they wanna think and wait and see what happens? I see no reason to police people on what opinions to have or what to believe and not believe, but eh, to each their own.

Proving points?[/QUOTE]
Regarding the second part of your post, yes it is about that. But claiming you know the rest of the roster and anyone who disagrees with you is in denial stifles discussion. If everyone took your words to heart we'd have nothing to talk about. It's about discussing. Not demanding that everyone agree with you.

D

Deleted member

My favorite thing to do when I come to a discussion thread is shutting down discussions by saying it's just my opinion.
Discussion is fine, it's when you try to force someone to think exactly as you do it becomes a problem.

Seriously, this is a video game. Let's not take theories about it too seriously. If you believe there are only two left, cool. If you don't, also cool. This debate will literally just be everyone going in circles yelling at each other that their opinion is better/more intellectual than the other, and that is incredibly pointless. If that's what you wanna do, that's your decision, I guess. I have my own opinions about the box, but I respect that others can think differently than me and I could be wrong about what I think.

To each their own. Having differing opinions on this incredibly silly topic is really, really harmless. :)

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Speculation is the point of this board. And we use what evidence we have to discuss. Getting mad because the discussion and evidence is against your opinion is not helopful.

Everything still points to 2 left. What has come up since box to prove it wrong?
I see Box Theorists always bring up how nothing has disproven it yet. You do realise it has been a month since we have had any information right? It can't be confirmed or deconfirmed yet.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

Proving points?
Regarding the second part of your post, yes it is about that. But claiming you know the rest of the roster and anyone who disagrees with you is in denial stifles discussion. If everyone took your words to heart we'd have nothing to talk about. It's about discussing. Not demanding that everyone agree with you.[/QUOTE]
That falls into how people are interpreting words.

Making statements at this point in the process is always speculation. Getting mad because the words "i hope" or "i think" are not on every sentance stifles diacussions.

Again, it is only 2 left. We prob know who it us, but it is most definitly only 2 left.

I see Box Theorists always bring up how nothing has disproven it yet. You do realise it has been a month since we have had any information right? It can't be confirmed or deconfirmed yet.
And only 37ish days till the game. We are almost there. And have announcements slowing down.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Regarding the second part of your post, yes it is about that. But claiming you know the rest of the roster and anyone who disagrees with you is in denial stifles discussion. If everyone took your words to heart we'd have nothing to talk about. It's about discussing. Not demanding that everyone agree with you
That falls into how people are interpreting words.

Making statements at this point in the process is always speculation. Getting mad because the words "i hope" or "i think" are not on every sentance stifles diacussions.

Again, it is only 2 left. We prob know who it us, but it is most definitly only 2 left.
Yall heard the Box Earther, lets wrap it up

Edit: anyone else noticing the quote thing messing up?

Last edited:

TheBigKrunch200

Smash Rookie
It isn't most definitely 2 left. It isn't most definitely over 2 either. It is mostly definitely unknown to how many newcomers are left. Kencineroar proves nothing on the final roster other than the number is 2 at least.

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
Making statements at this point in the process is always speculation. Getting mad because the words "i hope" or "i think" are not on every sentance stifles diacussions..
English is not my native language, but imo it just sounds rude, when you state your opinions like that...

I also think box theory still has a high probability to be true, still, there is nothing certain till Nintendo shows us the last fighters...

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
And only 37ish days till the game. We are almost there. And have announcements slowing down.
Also you said this. It is 55 days until release. -_-

I subscribe to box theory. I am certain it is the case. Check sig for full reasoning.

I am certain there are only 2 left.
My point is it is not concrete evidence. Just because YOU are certain it is the case does not make it a fact.

blackghost

Smash Champion
I personally don't find Ridley being scaled down for Smash as weird as Masamune being scaled down.
It's so iconic to Sephiroth himself. It'd be like having BOTW Link using a Kokiri dagger or something.
I mean they already made clouds sword smaller for smash why not others?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I mean, there has been exactly zero development on any fronts since the box theory's inception, nothing in favor or against it, everything is as it was a month ago.

For me it's just something I have in the back of my mind, it's certainly suspicious and there could be something to it, but I don't find it anywhere near definitive enough to go all in on it. I'll take a more clear stance on it whenever we next get news, unless that's when we get the full roster reveal, at which point it's pointless of course, but until then I feel like the only purpose of going extreme one way or the other is if you really care about bragging rights, because as is it only serves to limit speculation without actually being hard proof.

TheBigKrunch200

Smash Rookie
Wouldn't having the box have two painful missing spots be a bit too easy? I know Nintendo's easy to leak with their games, but they aren't this stupid.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I think the box theory has some logic behind it, but it's certainly not concrete.
I mean, Verg said it was Incineroar, Ken, and a Square rep (please Geno) and some Minecraft representation.
That's at least four characters. The box can be changed.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I think the box theory, while worth considering, isn't absolute. It makes enough sense and it's not as baseless as theories based on the website, but I don't see a reason to commit fully one way or the other.

D

Deleted member

Remember guys, all opinions are valid.

As long as they're mine.

:4pacman:

In all seriousness, let's just move on. This debate is pointless: Just let people think what they wanna think and move on.

So, to start a new topic, what indie character would you personally choose for Smash, either as an AT or a playable fighter? Nintendo appearances don't matter, just have fun with it. :p

For me, I would LOVE to see Niko from Oneshot as an AT. It could be similar to the old Nightmare trophy where the screen goes completely dark, except Niko wanders around with the sun (for those who don't know the game, it's a lightbulb) and illuminates the area he walks around, forcing close quarter fights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom