• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Depends on the context...

Globally? No chance.
Within the smash fanbase? Well based on forums and social media, we can deduce it is a possibility.

I honestly don't see why we can't have both, still.
I'd say without a doubt, within the Smash community banjo is far more demanded and requested then Steve from Minecraft.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Didn't realize until yesterday that October basically has five weeks this year meaning this coming week would play out pretty well for a Direct. Based on the past, if we don't get one by this Thursday, we probably aren't getting one until at least the first full week of November. On a different note, it kind of kills me that the day after I whined about the lack of new info, we get the Ash-Greninja confirmation... but as a text. This cycle has been considerably shorter than Brawl and SSB4 but it's still brutal in its own weird way.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I just woke up and I missed the Geno talk!? I will say one thing about the infamous 'Geno Render' that has yet to be debunked. Then I am done I promise! (Said a bit of this in Geno Thread)

Oh right *Puts on tinfoil hat* When that image was shown, there was also the Dixie and Banjo before that on the same thread. So I think we should certainly keep that in mind.

HOWEVER, when the beautiful pic of Geno was shown, it had text to go with it.

-Geno. All can take. Risk Job-

Now, that is interesting to say the least. We have that line as well as Hitagi stating that SE don't want to share the name because their jobs are on the line.

I find this to be VERY interesting to say the least. Still going with fake, because all leaks are until proven true.

*Takes tinfoil hat off*

Iridium

Smash Hero
Okay, can't find much new content now, but there is a Sonic item I'm surprised we haven't seen be a thing yet.

You have to admit, Monitors/Item Boxes are pretty iconic as items within this franchise. At least have it on Green Hill Zone or something, if it can be put it the game.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Okay, can't find much new content now, but there is a Sonic item I'm surprised we haven't seen be a thing yet.

You have to admit, Monitors/Item Boxes are pretty iconic as items within this franchise. At least have it on Green Hill Zone or something, if it can be put it the game.
Closest we have is the simple 1-up monitor

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I just woke up and I missed the Geno talk!? I will say one thing about the infamous 'Geno Render' that has yet to be debunked. Then I am done I promise! (Said a bit of this in Geno Thread)

Oh right *Puts on tinfoil hat* When that image was shown, there was also the Dixie and Banjo before that on the same thread. So I think we should certainly keep that in mind.

HOWEVER, when the beautiful pic of Geno was shown, it had text to go with it.

-Geno. All can take. Risk Job-

Now, that is interesting to say the least. We have that line as well as Hitagi stating that SE don't want to share the name because their jobs are on the line.

I find this to be VERY interesting to say the least. Still going with fake, because all leaks are until proven true.

*Takes tinfoil hat off*
I mean, it's not that atypical for people to lose their jobs after leaking stuff--technically what they're doing is illegal, especially if they're sharing copyrighted works (such as images). I think what's different in Square Enix's case, is that they are going hard on preventing leaks, including having a list of characters as a means of narrowing down sources of leaks (though, that was also said of Smash in general back in August).

That being said, I would really love it if Geno, Banjo and Dixie were all in. Though, the quality of Banjo and Dixie images... was far lower than Geno's. :urg:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I saw a video by papagenos papagenos about the box theory that I'm sure has been posted here at some point but bears repeating. There is already an official smash ultimate product: a promotional card with a download code for when the game comes out, being sold in Japan. The card features the entire roster through Isabelle. The important thing is that this product is already released and does not feature the entire roster. It just has all the characters announced by the time it was released. The box is coming out in very early November, and will probably feature Ken and Incineroar and nothing more. But that doesn't mean it's the whole roster. My guess is that Ken and Incineroar or a different unique character will be announced this month. Then on November 2nd the box will release with them completing the roster on the sides. Then mid November we'll get Shadow, the second square rep from Verg, and perhaps 1 more character. They just won't be on the box because they weren't announced in time. The card is basically the same thing as the box and it does not feature the whole roster, so why should the box be any different?

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Woke up. Saw some news about vergeben leaking something, but it was in regards to Marvel vs Capcom Infinite being rebranded and updated to apparently not suck (i mean it still doesnt have dr. doom or the xmen in it so thats not agiven)

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I saw a video by papagenos papagenos about the box theory that I'm sure has been posted here at some point but bears repeating. There is already an official smash ultimate product: a promotional card with a download code for when the game comes out, being sold in Japan. The card features the entire roster through Isabelle. The important thing is that this product is already released and does not feature the entire roster. It just has all the characters announced by the time it was released. The box is coming out in very early November, and will probably feature Ken and Incineroar and nothing more. But that doesn't mean it's the whole roster. My guess is that Ken and Incineroar or a different unique character will be announced this month. Then on November 2nd the box will release with them completing the roster on the sides. Then mid November we'll get Shadow, the second square rep from Verg, and perhaps 1 more character. They just won't be on the box because they weren't announced in time. The card is basically the same thing as the box and it does not feature the whole roster, so why should the box be any different?
The GameCube Controller pack comes out on December 7th.

NOT NOVEMBER 2ND.

You’re confusing it with the Switch bundle and that doesn’t even have the mural on it.

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
Woke up. Saw some news about vergeben leaking something, but it was in regards to Marvel vs Capcom Infinite being rebranded and updated to apparently not suck (i mean it still doesnt have dr. doom or the xmen in it so thats not agiven)
Oh so they will call it Capcom vs SNK featuring Marvel

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

NOT NOVEMBER 2ND.

You’re confusing it with the Switch bundle and that doesn’t even have the mural on it.
I thought the box theory was about the special edition with the download code. I guess I must be mistaken.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'd hold your horses on that, his leaks regarding MvC have not been accurate so far so the source on that might be bad.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I'd hold your horses on that, his leaks regarding MvC have not been accurate so far so the source on that might be bad.
Probably but who would leak a Marvel vs Capcom game that didnt have any Xmen in it.. I mean the series started as friggin Xmen vs Street Fighter WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!?!?!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

NOT NOVEMBER 2ND.

The thing PapaGenos mentioned was actually that the boxes need to be printed and shipped to stores in time, so they waited until Incineroar and Ken to ship 'em so they could have everyone they could before they needed to finish the box work up, but there may still be another character or so left to be revealed.

I'm sure this would be to prevent leaks.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

NOT NOVEMBER 2ND.

While the Special Edition is coming out on December 7th, the idea of Incineroar/Ken being revealed prior to the box being finalized is still possible--it just has no relation to November 2nd. For instance, Incineroar and Ken could be revealed prior to the finalized design of the box, before it gets prepared for shipment--and allows for the possibility of more characters being released after that. Hard Box Theory (Ken and Incineroar is it) relies on the assumption all characters in the base will be on the box.

However, I don't believe in Box Theory for that reason among other massive assumptions. Still, I have to admit it's the one fan theory that has yet to be challenged with new information.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I Still think its gonna be Capcom vs MCU and no character disney doesnt have movie rights to because Mickey Mouse is spiteful.. No Wolverine, No Purchase...
...they do have the movie rights? Did you completely miss the whole Disney bought Fox thing or what?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

NOT NOVEMBER 2ND.

Actually wait. I just looked it up and everything I see says the special edition comes out November 2nd.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
...they do have the movie rights? Did you completely miss the whole Disney bought Fox thing or what?
While I have no clue what's going on with the game, merger wise it hasn't been finalized until the governmental regulations are cleared, which is still a whiles off.

EDIT:
Actually wait. I just looked it up and everything I see says the special edition comes out November 2nd.
Sigran101 Sigran101 The bundle is coming out November 2nd. The special edition is coming out December 7th.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
While I have no clue what's going on with the game, merger wise it hasn't been finalized until the governmental regulations are cleared, which is still a whiles off.

EDIT:

Sigran101 Sigran101 The bundle is coming out November 2nd. The special edition is coming out December 7th.
Ah, okay. That makes sense. The card still proves that these kinds of things don't have to feature the entire roster though.

D

Deleted member

I'm not a business guy, but Wikipedia says this:

"Disney and Fox shareholders approved the acquisition on July 27. Fox will be ready to close the deal by January 1, 2019, however various international regulatory processes are expected to extend the closure date beyond that. The deal is on track to be finalized within the first two quarters of 2019."

Which seems like they will own Fox's assets including the X-Men film rights, but they technically don't have them yet due to all the stuff they have to go through to make everything final. Regardless, sense Marvel can do what they wish with the X-Men outside of film and the Fox merger has been approved, I don't think the X-Men characters would be kept out of a hypothetical MvC4, especially due to the backlash that they got for excluding them last time.

EDIT: :ultgreninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I think the biggest problem with papagenos papagenos theory is that there really isn't a reason for the boxart not to feature all of the revealed fighters. The argument that it would be to avoid spoilers would have to bank on the final Direct not happening until around late November, which for me personally, I just don't really see that happening. The only other solution would be to have the final Direct not show the final fighters, which doesn't fit in line with Sakurai's statements about showing the design of every fighter before release. If the next Direct (which is most likely the final pre-release marketing hype one) doesn't show the final fighters, then when do you do it? The game is out in a month and a half, and showing a single fighter now before a Direct or just a week or two after just doesn't really make much sense to me. With a gap that small, why not just show it all off at once?

Kawaki&Boruto98

Smash Apprentice
Since we still don't know what Robin's Final Smash is, I've been giving it some thought. I think it will still be Pair Up, but instead of Chrom it will either be Tharja, Cordelia, Frederick, or Morgan.

Although they would make the most canonical sense, Tharja and Morgan seem less likely though, considering their moves would be mostly too similar to Robin's moves. Personally, Cordelia would be my choice.
why would they change robin's final smash...

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
We will know the entire roster before the game is released. Only dlc will be in question.

It will have all characters.

The card is released now. The game, the actual product on the day of release is a different item.

Last edited:

TheMilkmann

Smash Apprentice
Question: What Final Fantasy characters would make good smash fighters? Terra gets my vote, but I also want to see how a character like Bartz would work too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom