• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

why would they change robin's final smash...
Chrom used to be part of it, and now that he's playable, it needs some minor tweaking. As others have already said, the simplest solution is to just use Morgan, and I imagine that's probably what will be done.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Question: What Final Fantasy characters would make good smash fighters? Terra gets my vote, but I also want to see how a character like Bartz would work too.
I'd definitely put my vote in for Terra above all else, but Bartz would certainly be interesting. Especially if they handle him like in Dissidia NT and have him able to switch classes with them each starting out fairly weak but get stronger the more he uses them. Would make him a late-game nightmare.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Okay, can't find much new content now, but there is a Sonic item I'm surprised we haven't seen be a thing yet.

You have to admit, Monitors/Item Boxes are pretty iconic as items within this franchise. At least have it on Green Hill Zone or something, if it can be put it the game.
I think a Shield Monitor would be the perfect item for Smash. Bash it open and you get a shield, it absorbs a certain percentage of damage, but doesn't prevent stun/knock back. It's the best choice for a Sonic item, if you ask me. The fact that only Namco (and now Castlevania) have proper items is kinda irking me, not gonna lie. I hope there's more.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Question: What Final Fantasy characters would make good smash fighters? Terra gets my vote, but I also want to see how a character like Bartz would work too.
A lot of them could work. I would love to see how a Dragoon Knight character would work. Kain and Freya would be neat.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I nominate Ramza.

He even has a built in gimmick of shouting to buff himself up and modify all his moves.

Also, he throws rocks he found on the floor at you. Truly, a legendary warrior.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
This question pretty much applies to a great deal of people.

You have people like Terra.

You have people like Tifa.

Yuna, Tidus, Sephiroth, Vivi, Squall, Zell, Snow, Lightning, etc, etc any of them could really fit in Smash. It's just about which are ''iconic" enough to fit in Smash and less about which of them do.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Which Smash characters would you cosplay as?
I’ve done a group Halloween costume where I was Mario and my brothers were Luigi and Wario. I’ve cosplayed as Snake before, but it was Naked Snake/Big Boss rather than Solid Snake. I also have done a cosplay for Professor Layton who is my most wanted Smash character.

I wanted to do a Robin cosplay before, but I like to make costumes rather than buy them, and making Robin’s costume is a bit more complex than the ones I’ve done before.

Can’t wait to see new cosplays for characters brought back into the limelight because of Ultimate, I actually expect Richter to be a fairly popular cosplay since he seems stylish and easy enough to pull off.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If we end on an odd number of fighters, perhaps they just left one off the box, or slapped 'em on the back.

I dunno; I guess we just wait and see what happens. I'm tired of these theories; while the Box Theory has evidence, there's a lot of assumptions to go with it.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Woke up. Saw some news about vergeben leaking something, but it was in regards to Marvel vs Capcom Infinite being rebranded and updated to apparently not suck (i mean it still doesnt have dr. doom or the xmen in it so thats not agiven)
No X-Men is a sin considering they started that entire series.
Personally X-Men doesnt need to crossover with any other marvel comics its amazing standing alone.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Sing it with me people!

Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Sephiroth!
Sephiroth!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, the Final Smashes that are still total mysteries at the moment are: :ultfalcon::ultdiddy::ultlucario::ultluigi::ultmetaknight::ultmiifighters::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrob::ultrobin:ultwiifittrainer::ultyoshi::ultyounglink:, right?

My guesses are that Falcon, Diddy, and Young Link will probably have (possibly heart breaking) cameos in them. Dunno what the hold up on the others are but Luigi's will probably be hilarious.

D

Deleted member

Celes will always be my pick for another FF character as she can use a bunch of magic from the series and bring her own unique Runic ability.
Other choices I'd like to see are Black Mage and Cecil

beans

Smash Lord
Sing it with me people!

Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Sephiroth!
Sephiroth!
It wouldnt be worth it because they would need to nerf his sword.
If you cant hit someone from the other end of a big battlefield, is it really Sephiroth

Untouch

Smash Master
So, the Final Smashes that are still total mysteries at the moment are: :ultfalcon::ultdiddy::ultlucario::ultluigi::ultmetaknight::ultmiifighters::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrob::ultrobin:ultwiifittrainer::ultyoshi::ultyounglink:, right?

My guesses are that Falcon, Diddy, and Young Link will probably have (possibly heart breaking) cameos in them. Dunno what the hold up on the others are but Luigi's will probably be hilarious.
Have we seen Dr Mario's? Is it seriously still the awful Smash 4 one?

D

Deleted member

I don't see Falcon's being changed unless they really wanna cash in on the memes and reference THAT anime scene. Otherwise the current one already works perfectly.
Diddy, Lucario, Peach and Yoshi need to be changed due to how FSs work now. Diddy and Yoshi I believe will keep the same concept kinda like what they did to Giga Bowser but streamline them.
Lucario is gonna get Aura Storm back and transform into Mega Lucario. You can't change my mind.
No ****ing idea what they can do with Peach but if Geno happens to be in I could see a Mario RPG reference.
Luigi, Meta Knight, ROB and WFT can be expected to remain the same, I see no reason to change them(other than Luigi's Poltergust design, that is).
Robin needs a new one due to Chrom so I hope they keep Pair Up but have him team up with Morgan because that would be adorable.
Young Link is either gonna be Fierce Diety or Triforce Slash feat. Fierce Diety
Have we seen Dr Mario's? Is it seriously still the awful Smash 4 one?
Yeah

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
If we end on an odd number of fighters, perhaps they just left one off the box, or slapped 'em on the back.

I dunno; I guess we just wait and see what happens. I'm tired of these theories; while the Box Theory has evidence, there's a lot of assumptions to go with it.
I'm tired with these theories as well, though back in September I learned to stop worrying and love the [theorizing]. And I would say there's no evidence for Box Theory, other than the Box itself being presented as evidence--all it is is a pattern without an underlying explanation for said pattern. In addition to that, as you said, there's way too many baseless assumptions. a) the design is finalized b) they censored it without realizing it would give nontrivial information away c) those on the sides of the box are the only base characters d) the characters are likely compatible with Verge's predictions (except the SE character... oh wait, DLC). Whereas all the other theories had much less, simpler assumptions (despite that, they mainly turned out being wrong).

All I know is that if Box Theory ends up being true, and that's the finalized box--it's a stupid box.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
We will know the entire roster before the game is released. Only dlc will be in question.

It will have all characters.

The card is released now. The game, the actual product on the day of release is a different item.
Well obviously we will see all the characters before release. Sakurai already said that. But the card also contains the game in the form of a download code and it does not have all the characters. The boxes will have to be shipped out in November before the game comes out. Depending on what characters are announced when that happens, the card proves that just because it contains the game does not mean it has to have all the characters on the box.

AugustusB

Smash Champion

Have we seen Dark Pit's Final Smash?
The staff he used in Sm4sh is now an item, so I guess the same as Pit's?

EDIT: Kind of forgot they are not the same weapon from uprising...whoops

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
It wouldnt be worth it because they would need to nerf his sword.
If you cant hit someone from the other end of a big battlefield, is it really Sephiroth
So his sword is "Too big for smash?" remind me how that arguement went last time :p

Last edited:

tveye

Smash Journeyman
So his sword is "Too big for smash?" remind me how that arguement went last time :p
I personally don't find Ridley being scaled down for Smash as weird as Masamune being scaled down.
It's so iconic to Sephiroth himself. It'd be like having BOTW Link using a Kokiri dagger or something.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Well obviously we will see all the characters before release. Sakurai already said that. But the card also contains the game in the form of a download code and it does not have all the characters. The boxes will have to be shipped out in November before the game comes out. Depending on what characters are announced when that happens, the card proves that just because it contains the game does not mean it has to have all the characters on the box.
Download code is not the final box on the release day. It is a code.

We are talking about the box with the physical copy of the game. The last thing to be release for the hype cycle "before" the game. With it being the game.
Using the card to justify more characters is nonsense.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I personally don't find Ridley being scaled down for Smash as weird as Masamune being scaled down.
It's so iconic to Sephiroth himself. It'd be like having BOTW Link using a Kokiri dagger or something.

dont look that long to me its not like its the lenght of an 18 wheeler, and this is OFFICIAL art.

Edit: different image cuz the first one wouldnt load proper.
Edit 2: Seriously that one too?

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

dont look that long to me its not like its the lenght of an 18 wheeler, and this is OFFICIAL art.
Yeah, but it's not what people think of when they think of sephy.
THIS is.

Also, please any other SE character than "FF7 again."

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord

So Sephiroth will use Ridley as a sword?
I personaly would have gone with the snake on a stick but sure the space dinossaur is also a good blade

D

Deleted member

That will forever be the greatest splash screen in Smash history. Whoever came up with that at NoA deserves a prrrrrrrrrromotion!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I hope Metaknight's changes because it's so boring and made even more notable that Dedede's is now awesome AF. I feel the same about Peach too because it's always been one of the worst. Young Link will probably involve Fierce Diety, the Giant's Mask, or the transformation masks. Yoshi's should be changed to a stampede because it would be appropriate on so many levels, especially in the historical context of Smash. I have a feeling Diddy's is either going to involve the unplayable Kongs or the Animal Buddies.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
Have we seen Dark Pit's Final Smash?
The staff he used in Sm4sh is now an item, so I guess the same as Pit's?

EDIT: Kind of forgot they are not the same weapon from uprising...whoops
There's a screenshot in Dark Pit's page where he's using the DP Staff, so it's safe to assume it still is his FS

D

Deleted member

They can have the sword be longer than a normal sword without it being ridiculously long.
No big deal.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
There's a screenshot in Dark Pit's page where he's using the DP Staff, so it's safe to assume it still is his FS
Well I feel silly. I swear I have seen all the characters pages and thought I saw it all.
Nothing to see here.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Download code is not the final box on the release day. It is a code.

We are talking about the box with the physical copy of the game. The last thing to be release for the hype cycle "before" the game. With it being the game.
Using the card to justify more characters is nonsense.
The box theory isn't about the actual box of the game though. It's the packaging that holds all the pieces of the special edition. There's no need to get agresssive calling my comment nonsense. I'm not saying anything against you.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Well, I guess we'll see. You can also assume the box will look exactly how it does even with the blank spaces upon release, or a couple characters are left off / placed on the back, but oh well.

D

Deleted member

You guys keep talking about the Masamune being big but it's not even that big
48-image051.png

Frog could totally be playable you guys

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
The box theory isn't about the actual box of the game though. It's the packaging that holds all the pieces of the special edition. There's no need to get agresssive calling my comment nonsense. I'm not saying anything against you.
I am not being aggressive. I am stating that people are bargoning for what is likely not there. The box has all fighters on it and people need to accept that. There is only 2 more left and then dlc goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom