• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

?????????????

Smash Master
Suppose there was a smash ballot, and you got to pick one of each of the following for the new game:
Character
Stage
Mechanic (or remove a mechanic)
Rework a character/remove a character
Rayman
Sootopolis City (it's a stage idea I've had for so long...)
Swimming attacks / ladder attacks
Ganondorf Rework

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Synchronization is not going to work because of Ganondorf. Honestly, with Shiek and Toon Link presumably coming back, or just in the first place, I have no idea where that idea came from in the first place. Well, I do, Melee, obviously; however, why it translated to Brawl, I will never know. Nobody will, probably not even himself. The concept art argument only gets you so far when you have a chibi version of Link on the roster.
Yeah, it started to fall apart in Brawl when Sakurai had to ask the TP lead artist to make him a TP-themed Sheik. The whole synchronization thing is only going to be a drag in the long run. It would be much better to scrap it entirely and have each Zelda character represent a different entry in the series.

D

Deleted member

Suppose there was a smash ballot, and you got to pick one of each of the following for the new game:
Character
Stage

For me, it would be
Bandana Dee
Dr. Mario Stage
L-Cancelling
Ganondorf Re-Work
Isaac
Ultra Space
(I have no idea)
Rework Sonic

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
My BotW Link thoughts.
Link: BotW Appearance, Tunic otW Alt, some updated moves, classic Smash shielding looks like Daruk's Protection, Urbosa's Fury on a long charge of grounded up B, would be crazy but remove second jump, add the glider as second jump and make Revali's Gale work like it does in BotW, wind tunnel lingers and affects others, arrows in air slow his momentum, bombs are remote now, Magnesis replaces Claw Shoot, maybe different arrows based on charge or angle. Have a recharge for Fury and Gale. Side B throws random weapon, including Boomerangs. Or Master Cycle Zero side B :4wario:... Hylian Shield and Master Sword untouched. Can wall cling, maybe even climb.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Character
Stage

For me, it would be
Bandana Dee
Dr. Mario Stage
L-Cancelling
Ganondorf Re-Work
Here ye go

Solid Snake
Pokemon Stadium 3
The ability to get a final smash with a meter or somethin'
Ganondorf re-work

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
I think one-off spells are more easily replaced than the most important items in almost every installment of the series, probably including BoTW if we take Remote Bombs into account
Smash!Zelda’s OoT spells have been part of her for nearly 20 years. I don’t see those going away that easily. As for Smash5!Link’s specials, it depends on how far Sakurai went with this BotW!Link. There’s the option of this BotW!Link having all the Champions’ skills while Toon Link or Y.Link take over the classic specials.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Character
Stage

For me, it would be
Bandana Dee
Dr. Mario Stage
L-Cancelling
Ganondorf Re-Work
Bonk
Virtual Boy Stage
Special team attacks in team battle mode if you hit B in unison.
Dark Pit rework to use his staff and quiet the whiners.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Character
Stage
Rabbid Mario
The theater from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Aerial smash attacks
Give Wario a Wario Land-style moveset overhaul.:4wario2:

Ren Amamiya

Smash Apprentice
Character
Stage

For me, it would be
Bandana Dee
Dr. Mario Stage
L-Cancelling
Ganondorf Re-Work
Ren Amamiya/Joker (Persona 5)
Tetris Stage
More than one Final Smash for character
New Ganondorf Moveset

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Character
Stage

For me, it would be
Bandana Dee
Dr. Mario Stage
L-Cancelling
Ganondorf Re-Work
Chrom (Celica if it has to be semi-realistic)
Any Shadows of Valentia stage (either the ransacked Temple of Mila or Duma Tower would be my preference)
Tripping Aerial Grabs for at least one character
Cut/replace the current Mii Fighters with a singular Mii based on Wii Sports Resort, Tomodachi Life, and Miitopia (still customizable, but have a static Moveset)

D

Deleted member

Character
Stage

For me, it would be
Bandana Dee
Dr. Mario Stage
L-Cancelling
Ganondorf Re-Work
Wonder-Red
Dragon's Gate(Fire Emblem 7)
Custom Colors
Dark Pit(make him use his staff as his main weapon)
Oh yeah, i remember that. It looked as legit as it gets. Man, this brings back some amazing memories.
Anyone remember that Tower of Smash Leak?
Crazy Taboo Master Core which is super hars

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
So.... What's crackin' these days?

Everyone else thinking: Inklings(confirmed), Colgate from ARMS, Ice Climbers, and a Xenoblade 2 character? I'm slightly concerned about some of the awesome 3rd party characters we got in 3DS/Wii U. I think Ryu was one of the best decisions. Not only his fame, but what he brought to Smash was unique.

Character
Stage

For me, it would be
Bandana Dee
Dr. Mario Stage
L-Cancelling
Ganondorf Re-Work
  • Paper Mario(With OG & TTYD inspiration)
  • Peach's Castle
  • Rage removed
  • Ganondorf rework

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
User was warned for this post
Just found a leak... anyone know binary?

Morbi

Scavenger
While the overhaul would be greatly appreciated, I don’t think the OoT spells are going anywhere. I could see BotW Link having the Champion’ skills as his new specials instead.
I do not even understand that logic. "Oh a character that has always been broken for lower level players and useless for higher end players, let us not rework them and instead focus our direction on one of the original 12 who has appeared for an additional game and has a universal move-set." Sure, there is a clone version of Link, but it is not the same... At all. If they were planning on reworking Link, why not Zelda? And to that end, the spells make sense on her given the precedent.

I am still not entirely convinced either would happen. I am just saying, altering one of the most iconic characters in the series history as opposed to a largely "meh" character does not make much sense to me.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Character
Stage

For me, it would be
Bandana Dee
Dr. Mario Stage
L-Cancelling
Ganondorf Re-Work
Professor Layton
Noisy Notebook Stage (Snipperclips)
Directional Air-Dodging
Luigi partial re-work

I think I can say I like mine pretty well. I still don't really know who's my most wanted character right now haha

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I hope everyone remembers that BWD in any playable form would be coming from post-Sakurai Kirby, which means Sakurai is highly unlikely to actually implement it because he rather heavily favors his own work. Gooey didn't even get to stay as a trophy past Melee.

... pick one ...
Mechanic ...
L-Cancelling
I don't understand

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Emily Rogers has responded to people inquiring about her supposed Ridley claims, as per memoryman's allegations.

Emily Rogers said:
I don't recall saying or teasing anything in public (Twitter, Resetera, etc) about Ridley.

So I have no idea where that's even coming from.
Say that I'm reading too much into things, but I find the provision of "in public" worth noting.

Yeah, I still don't understand why so many people believed in that crap.
It's because that leak correctly guessed stages which would later be revealed. Lucky guesses, ultimately.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
as someone who plays Project M, Melee and Smash 64, I beleive L cancelling to be an unnecessary mechanic that only exists to widen the skill gap. There's no other reason for it to exist. However, I would welcome Wavedashing back, as I think it's a useful spacing tool that would benefit competitive play.

Morbi

Scavenger
Emily Rogers has responded to people inquiring about her supposed Ridley claims, as per memoryman's allegations.

Say that I'm reading too much into things, but I find the provision of "in public" worth noting.

It's because that leak correctly guessed stages which would later be revealed. Lucky guesses, ultimately.
If we were not here to read far too heavily into seemingly normal things, what would we be doing here, really?

andimidna

Smash Master
Character
Stage

For me, it would be
Bandana Dee
Dr. Mario Stage
L-Cancelling
Ganondorf Re-Work
Midna

Hmm maybe the literal stage Azura dances on in fates in front of Garon, or the kingdoms

Actually probably gliding, honestly.

Ganon, Link (or Toon), and Zelda reworks lmao

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I was actually going to start to troll Metal Mario being a newcomer for the lulz.

....then I remembered I actually have a serious prediction in regards to Master Hand.

In other words (for everyone), I'm not actually "leaking" anything; that's a joke. :V
Reminder that doing anything like this in the past (acting as if you knew anything/were promoting anything as a "leaker" without substantial evidence) got warned or infracted just the same as any other form of trolling would, even if it was just in jest/good fun and no harm was meant. Naturally that still holds true now.

If it was old me, I'd probably have infracted and just said "No (fake) leaks/misleading posts/trolling/etc." But given its a new Smash, and no one's uncle Nintendo was brought into it/you came forth already (if anyone even believed it in the first place), I'll be generous this time.

T-Hell

Smash Lord

They could also be denying all of these so they don't get in trouble because it's true. Again, not saying it's real, just not letting hope die so quickly.

D

Deleted member

This is sprinkled with wishful thinking. I don't expect to see King K. Rool or Kamek. My real expectations are here, where I expect to see about 70 characters, not counting clones and miis:https://smashboards.com/threads/super-smash-bros-for-switch-discussion.434391/page-474
View attachment 138670
Thanks to @Silvera for the amazing icons.
This roster offends me on a persinal level not because of any picks but because you could have put the clones where they should be but you didn't. You fixed the DLC characters but didn't fix this, you had one job!

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
This roster offends me on a persinal level not because of any picks but because you could have put the clones where they should be but you didn't. You fixed the DLC characters but didn't fix this, you had one job!
Lol. I just wanted it to be clear that Alph was a clone and so you could count how many characters there are aside from clones and miis. Which are considered extras.

People like to argue "Well you could have put this character in over that clone" and that's not how it works.

Last edited:

geoluminescent

Smash Cadet
Sukapon
Pokefloats
Stage Hazard Switch
Ganondorf rework. Give him a trident. And, yknow, moves from his actual games.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
They could also be denying all of these so they don't get in trouble because it's true. Again, not saying it's real, just not letting hope die so quickly.
Yeah, I really do think they're wording their responses carefully as they didn't intend to this information (whether ultimately valid or not) to be made known at least until it was impending, if at all.

That's my theory, at any rate.

D

Deleted member

I just want to say I disagree with a Sonic move-set change for now. Sure Sonic has two identical moves, but that is enough to make him a fast character. What can he do, kick as another down b? His move-set has to be all pivot and fast ( which includes his smash attacks ), so his move-set is fine for representing his speed.
FYI, anyone who says "Ganondorf rework" gets on my kill list.
I am so glad someone said this, Ganondorf does not need a move-set change. I think his current move-set fits his personality perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom