• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ren Amamiya

Smash Apprentice
4chan is littered with "leaks" anyone can post anything and say its a leak.
As you can imagine there is a plethora of these "leaks" in their achieves.
If you ctrl F a search on their achieves you'll quickly comply a list of "leaks".
They're bogus. but even I found it fun to read. Usually pretty funny to read peoples responses lol.

>Geralt from Witcher 3 in SSB5
It's probably a fake, but wow, i never knew i wanted this.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
BoTW representation:

Link:
-Neutral B now includes Ancient Arrows when fully charged
-Neutral B slows down Link's fall speed when used in the air
-Up B ends in Link opening the Paraglider and floating down that way
-Down B' s bombs change to the Remote Bomb design

Zelda:
BoTW Abilities but they're reskins of her current specials
Neutral B: Daruk's Protection
Side B: Urbosa's Fury
Up B: Revali's Gale
Down B: Cryonis

Kilton:
Neutral B: Summon Monster Minion
Side B: Skeleton Horse Riding
Up B: Octoballoon
Down B: Cooking With Monster Minion Guts To Create Elixrs

Smashes involve the Overworld Bosses

Impa:
Neutral B: Bow and Arrow
Side B: Thunderganon Blitz Attack
Up B: Teleport
Down B: Metal Orb + Magnesis + Lightning

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I don't mind "Transformation" characters if they're done well.

And they haven't been done well, honestly.

Pokémon Trainer wouldn't have been so bad if it weren't for that Stamina gimmick and the poorly executed type advantage system.
Yuiitusin, long time no see. :p

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Assuming Nintendo/Sakurai will release info or content on anniversaries has shown to be futile. You can't predict them.

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure that Golden is talking about Master Hand.
I have no idea where he's getting this stuff from or if he's even serious though.

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ryce is not the leaker.

The closest thing we have to a leaker would have been Jonneh, although they have denied the claim.
:061:
There's no indication Jonneh knows any more than Ryce, he just took to hinting publicly about it. They both heard about it privately, who knows who the source is. Technically the "leaker" seems to be memoryman.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm pretty sure that Golden is talking about Master Hand.
I have no idea where he's getting this stuff from or if he's even serious though.
I assumed Metal Mario, since Golden has talked about him before.

I also assumed Golden wasn't being serious though and it was a response to Chandelure wanting more leaks. :p

D

Deleted member

Ok but you didn't answer my question...?
I've already said all I know.

-There's going to be something released for Smash's 20th Anniversary.
-What it is, I don't know. Could be a character release, could be a new mode, etc.
-It involves the one who started it all....

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I'm imagining Master Hand walking around with Bayonetta's legs. Oh, what the internet has done to me...

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Finally some leaks coming up.
I liked that someone confirmed Smash5 is a new game once and for all. Now Ridley... I have a hard time imagining him as a playable character, not just because he is too big, there's a lot of reasons...
If this guy happens to be right, I see a lot of minor leaks in the future.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158

-What it is, I don't know. Could be a character release, could be a new mode, etc.
But you're basing all of this off a date, not actual inside information, right?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

OH wait you actually do know something? Well damn.

Honestly I kinda hope Smash comes with a collectors edition with a Master Hand statuette that scales with the Smash amiibo.

D

Deleted member

I assumed Metal Mario, since Golden has talked about him before.

I also assumed Golden wasn't being serious though and it was a response to Chandelure wanting more leaks. :p
I was actually going to start to troll Metal Mario being a newcomer for the lulz.

....then I remembered I actually have a serious prediction in regards to Master Hand.

In other words (for everyone), I'm not actually "leaking" anything; that's a joke. :V However, I do have a very strong feeling about something happening on that date for the very reason it's an important milestone for the franchise. And the best way to celebrate would have to do with Smash's own original character and the one who in-universe set everything in motion.

So_many_mails

Smash Apprentice
I feel like the fake 'leaks' are going to start ramping up soon. We don't have the small drip of reveals like we did with photo of the day (at least not yet), and this is the most hyped smash yet, so people are going to want to take advantage of that. It'll be interesting to see if we get anything like the Rayman one last time.

D

Deleted member

If Sakurai confirms Ridley is not playable, this meme is going to be very useful.
If Sakurai does confirm Ridley is not playful, that would be really cool but I would have to...... :glare:

That is actually a good prediction. In Smash's 20th anniversary, they got to build up the hype by introducing a character. I am hoping they leak Waluigi and Bandanna Dee, because that would make me really happy. It is about time we get someone new from the Kirby and Mario/Wario franchise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ren Amamiya

Smash Apprentice
I feel like the fake 'leaks' are going to start ramping up soon. We don't have the small drip of reveals like we did with photo of the day (at least not yet), and this is the most hyped smash yet, so people are going to want to take advantage of that. It'll be interesting to see if we get anything like the Rayman one last time.
I honestly cannot wait. That made the wait for Smash 4 really damn fun.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
BotW Zelda should use Champion Spirits for her specials for at least a visual change.

Instead of generic magic sparkles, Zelda should use miniature spiritual/magic forms of the three dragons in BotW.
While the overhaul would be greatly appreciated, I don’t think the OoT spells are going anywhere. I could see BotW Link having the Champion’ skills as his new specials instead.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
While the overhaul would be greatly appreciated, I don’t think the OoT spells are going anywhere. I could see BotW Link having the Champion’ skills as his new specials instead.
I think one-off spells are more easily replaced than the most important items in almost every installment of the series, probably including BoTW if we take Remote Bombs into account

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
Suppose there was a smash ballot, and you got to pick one of each of the following for the new game:
Character
Stage
Mechanic (or remove a mechanic)
Rework a character/remove a character

For me, it would be
Bandana Dee
Dr. Mario Stage
L-Cancelling
Ganondorf Re-Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom