• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Since were on the topic of Soulcalibur. Which Soulcalibur character do you guys want the most? Me

Most likely: Nightmare (Possibility with Siegfried as an echo) or Yoshimitsu
Want: Aeon Calcos/Lizardman
I'd want either Talim, Kilik, Seong Mi-Na, or Xianghua.
Xianghua! I want Wendee Lee in Smash!
Yes! Please Wendee Lee, come to Smash, give Lyn her better voice and deliver us from Lyn old out of place voice. And maybe increase Lyn's chances of being DLC.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Here's to hoping there's something next week.

For the sake of all your sanity. Can't imagine what more this drought is going to do to y'all.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'd much rather Bomberman gets the assist to playable treatment--he's the one big "WHY?!" given his iconic status, to me. And really, it's hard to think of another Konami character that "fits" in Smash (imho). All that having been said, for some reason, Waluigi got all the attention, enough for Reggie to comment on it. So, if it were to happen, it'd probably be Waluigi. Still think Bomberman was robbed. :p

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Since were on the topic of Soulcalibur. Which Soulcalibur character do you guys want the most? Me

Most likely: Nightmare (Possibility with Siegfried as an echo) or Yoshimitsu
Want: Aeon Calcos/Lizardman
Yosh-- I mean Lizardman!!!

What, you think I want him because I have a Yoshi complex? Don't be silly, I briefly thought of Yoshimitsu and realized that wasn't it. Yeah, that's totally it...

:yoshi:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If Steve is playable in Smash, has anyone considered what he would actually look like? Considering how stiff and emotionless he usually is...
Unless he ends up like this eldritch horror:
So is this to Steve what Ghostly Adventures and Boxart Megaman are to Pac-Man and Megaman...?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'd much rather Bomberman gets the assist to playable treatment--he's the one big "WHY?!" given his iconic status, to me. And really, it's hard to think of another Konami character that "fits" in Smash (imho). All that having been said, for some reason, Waluigi got all the attention, enough for Reggie to comment on it. So, if it were to happen, it'd probably be Waluigi. Still think Bomberman was robbed. :p
From what I get, characters become assist trophies because the alternative is not appearing in the battle physically. He must be only added after project plan is completed and all unique playable characters are decided. I mean, I like Bomberman but I don't know if I'd put him higher than :ultinkling::ultkrool::ultridley: and :ultsimon:.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
From what I get, characters become assist trophies because the alternative is not appearing in the battle physically. He must be only added after project plan is completed and all unique playable characters are decided. I mean, I like Bomberman but I don't know if I'd put him higher than :ultinkling::ultkrool::ultridley: and :ultsimon:.
Oh, I definitely would, but I also realize I'm in the minority when I say I want him over Inkling, KRool, and Ridley.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Don't get me wrong, I like that Castlevania got representation, and I couldn't imagine a company getting two playable characters in the base game.

...but as DLC...

Mrplutoguy112

Smash Apprentice
Bomberman isn’t a character I’d care for smash.
He may seem like a more Snake like moveset or duck hunt we’re he considly throws bombs and explosives and players would just spam and spam online with him.
Again not sure we’d need another spamming bomb like character

Calane

Smash Ace
I would, honestly. I'm also pretty sure Bomberman is more recognizable than Simon Belmont, but maybe I'm wrong about that.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If worst comes to worst, the mods could always lock this thread and given y'all individual spankings with Ness's baseball bat. Or y'all could learn to be more patience. :4ness:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Eh, I don't like comparing 'em to Bad Boxart MegaMan. It's actually... kind of its own charm. That abomination of Steve? is not the same thing. Ghostly Adventures style Pac-Man(which wasn't even made for Ghostly Adventures, it just got used later. More like a remodel for games later on in the series) isn't... beyond awful either. A little eh. The problem is associating it with the mediocre show and how it's definitely not as neat as the iconic pizzaface man.

I'll take Bad Boxart MegaMan over either of them. But even then, that version of Steve? is the only one I actually am cringing it. Is that even official? If not, ouch.

Also, to say the least, if people on this thread are actually getting creeped out by the design, please stop posting it.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
If Steve is playable in Smash, has anyone considered what he would actually look like? Considering how stiff and emotionless he usually is...
Unless he ends up like this eldritch horror:
WHAT IN THE ACTUAL **** IS THAT?!
I have a 2 letter word I would like to use to express my feelings on this photo.

No.
SAME.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Alright, let's change the topic. I probably should've put those images all in 'spoiler' in the first place.

But it's scary to see what people would make in their free time.
I'll gladly take Bad Box Art Mega Man, Aki Light Mega Man, Ghostly Adventures Pac Man, and Sonic Underground Sonic over the steve..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom