• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
This is kinda random, but another character I that would hype me about as much as Crono would be Strider Hiryu. I've loved the Strider games since I was little and played the hell out of pretty much every one. He also has massive moveset potential and a pretty unique weapon as far as swords go.

In terms of iconic Ninjas, Strider's gotta get in line behind Ryu Hayabusa.

We've got Simon, now all we need is Ryu to complete the iconic NES Third Party gang (Simon, Megaman, Cloud as Final Fantasy, Snake, etc.).

Also Bill Razer should be an assist trophy who just goes to town with the Spreader. That'd be great.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Im sort of in the same boat, but i usually get games on sale anyway so i woulda waited regardless.
A lot of the stuff I bought this year was on sale; Cities Skylines, Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist, the Escapists, Dragon Ball FighterZ "FighterZ Pack" and "Anime Music Pack"... I can't remember if I bought Stardew Valley this year as well, but I think I did.

Spent the entire year being a cheapo. :laugh:
Fun Fact: my sole goal in SoulCalibur II for months on end was trying to unlock Lizardman
I can just about remember my time with Soulcalibur II, but I do remember that most of my time playing the game was spent with Kilik, Taki and Link.
Secret: I spent a lot of time in SCIII entering and exiting one of the stores, those who've played the game should be able to guess why. XD
I do remember that for the first few weeks of owning Melee, I unlocked Falco every afternoon because we didn't have a memory card. :laugh:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So how long do you expect him to last before another knee surgery?

I really hope that the Adventure mode is an improvement of Melee's version
He lasted a long time without an injury when he left WWE, so maybe he’ll have as light of a workload returning as he did in the indies

And Adventure Mode just had to outdo Melee’s

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Come on Sakurai is not that sadistic. Even he wants Geno and been trying to get him since Brawl.

If anyone were to be an assist it'd be Mallow followed by Exor being possibility a boss.
Waluigi trolling. :smirk:

I'm in part being playful since the two share a lot in common.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I mean, if he's put in as an Assist Trophy, I doubt he'd have a chance as DLC anyway.
That's what he implied.

If he's not an assist trophy, he could be added in later as DLC.
If he's an assist trophy, he's already present in the game and cannot be put in as DLC.

He prefers the former. I mean, look at the DLC polls and look at how many deconfirmed characters ranked up there? Unless you're Ridley, if you were deconfirmed in 4, nobody really thought you were getting out of that hell.

Last edited:

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
I'm partial to the names Cosmo and Galaxina.

...To KMDP KMDP and RineYFD RineYFD , you guys probably know where I'm going with this.
AHHHHHH!!
Yeah, I know where you are going with this. The Gardevoir line and their Shiny Variants look like Cosmo and her sister Galaxina from Sonic X( R,I.P).
TailsXCosmo was my first ship BTW and probably the best Sonic Couple ever. I'll never get over that ending though. :'(
I hope we get more of Tails and Zooey in the Sonic Boom Cartoon. She's pretty nice. Still Tailsmo is superior.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord

We've got Simon, now all we need is Ryu to complete the iconic NES Third Party gang (Simon, Megaman, Cloud as Final Fantasy, Snake, etc.).

Also Bill Razer should be an assist trophy who just goes to town with the Spreader. That'd be great.
You know if somehow we did get Bill and Lance from Contra in smash (one would be an echo) It would be as close as we get to John Rambo (played by Sly Stallone) and Dutch Schafer (By Arnie Scrwatzenager) in Smash... Actually add aliens to the expendables Boom Contra the Movie.

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice

Yeah I definitely wouldn't be upset if Ryu Hayabusa got in. Just saying Hiryu would be cool as hell for me to play as, definitely potential main material.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Why can't people just accept Waluigi is an assist and just wait until the next game...-_-
Because there's no guarantee of a next game, and there's especially no guarantee he'll make it next game either.
Plus, fan outcry is practically the only way to get Sakurai's attention anyways considering he's a man who has his own "vision" of what Smash should be.

So, fans usually make it loud and clear what they want early and continue requesting until they get what they want.

D

Deleted member

Aight, here's a discussion topic.

Who's gonna be the next third party to get the "Yep, it's him" Assist Trophy treatment? We have Bomberman, Shovel Knight, Rathalos... Who's next to get heart broken?

If anyone says Geno I'm blocking you forever.
Steve, perhaps.

All Verge said was that Minecraft was going to have content. He didn't say it had to be a character.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Because there's no guarantee of a next game, and there's especially no guarantee he'll make it next game either.
Plus, fan outcry is practically the only way to get Sakurai's attention anyways considering he's a man who has his own "vision" of what Smash should be.

So, fans usually make it loud and clear what they want early and continue requesting until they get what they want.
You really think Nintendo is gonna drop Smash considering its sales and popularity? Doubtful.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Why can't people just accept Waluigi is an assist and just wait until the next game...-_-
I wouldn't limit it to just Waluigi. A lot of fanbases take things way too personally in regards to non-playable representation.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
All Verge said was that Minecraft was going to have content. He didn't say it had to be a character.
That's because Banjo is the Microsoft character! Unless the Minecraft content was added after Nintendo teamed up with them for the Mario mashup Minecraft pack, then there is probably no one. Even if Banjo isn't in Microsoft having a part in the game will cause such a uproar in Banjo support that they'll have to make him dlc.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You really think Nintendo is gonna drop Smash considering its sales and popularity? Doubtful.
No, but I should've clarified. There's no guarantee that the next Smash would release within a reasonable time frame, with it only appearing every console generation, and DLC being out of the question, making for a potential 4-7 year wait with still no guarantee of their favorite character getting in.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Character: Banjo-Kazooie
Stage and Assist Trophy: Minecraft stage (Steve? appears as a background character) and Creeper
Mii Costume: Master Chief

Y'all happy now?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I have no clue what the topic is but I'm just sitting here hoping I'm not alone in being incredibly hyped just for the music and nothing else
I'm gonna be honest, only music I'm hyped for is the Final Destination music, which potentially could be better than Brawl's.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
No, but I should've clarified. There's no guarantee that the next Smash would release within a reasonable time frame, with it only appearing every console generation, and DLC being out of the question, making for a potential 4-7 year wait with still no guarantee of their favorite character getting in.
Ah gotcha then.

A part of me is hoping if anything though the next approach is a spin-off being a Vs. crossover fighting game similar to Marvel vs. Capcom. In this case I'm hoping Shonen Jump. Imagine a hybrid of Smash and Dragon Ball FighterZ gameplay.

It'd be ideal since people are wanting Goku and this would be the closest to him being in a Smash game.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm partial to the names Cosmo and Galaxina.

...To KMDP KMDP and RineYFD RineYFD , you guys probably know where I'm going with this.
Missed this quote before, whoops.
AHHHHHH!!
Yeah, I know where you are going with this. The Gardevoir line and their Shiny Variants look like Cosmo and her sister Galaxina from Sonic X( R,I.P).
TailsXCosmo was my first ship BTW and probably the best Sonic Couple ever. I'll never get over that ending though. :'(
I hope we get more of Tails and Zooey in the Sonic Boom Cartoon. She's pretty nice. Still Tailsmo is superior.
I actually didn't know where you were going with "Cosmo and Galaxina" until RineYFD jogged my memory; I never actually saw season 3 of Sonic X (I'm... decently aware of what happens in it though).

It's the curse of being a British kid who only had Terrestrial TV (after my family lost access to Cartoon Network), I was beholden to whatever BBC and ITV (and to a lesser extent, Channel 4) chose to show. The network that showed Sonic X (ITV) only showed seasons 1 and 2.

I don't think ITV ever successfully finished a season of Digimon. :laugh: Or if they did I never caught the final episodes. I think Digimon Tamers only lasted about 3-5 episodes, presumably they got wise to the tonal shift of the show and elected to just cancel it. I don't think they showed any of the other seasons after that.

Anyway, about naming Gardevoirs, I have a name I tend to give female Gardevoir, because the OC I made who has that name happened to look a lot like Gardevoir in her early designs.
I wouldn't limit it to just Waluigi. A lot of fanbases take things way too personally in regards to non-playable representation.
I've consistently felt that there is no shame in the character being an Assist Trophy.

In fact, for some it's an honour to be represented at all (see: Shovel Knight).

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Character: Banjo-Kazooie
Stage and Assist Trophy: Minecraft stage (Steve? appears as a background character) and Creeper
Mii Costume: Master Chief

Y'all happy now?
I had suggested that before, it makes a lot of sense to me. I'd sacrifice Banjo's stage if they could all get representation. Rather than the conventional wisdom that only one of them would get representation. :p

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I have no clue what the topic is but I'm just sitting here hoping I'm not alone in being incredibly hyped just for the music and nothing else
Hopefully, we can get some Xenoblade Chronicles remixes.
I love You Will Know Our Names and Mechanical Rhythm as much as the next guy, but PLEASE. ANYTHING ELSE.

D

Deleted member

I will be honest.
I have a feeling that we're not getting any characters that would add to this list of copyrights:

Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.

No real reason to think so, just a feeling.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
That's what he implied.

If he's not an assist trophy, he could be added in later as DLC.
If he's an assist trophy, he's already present in the game and cannot be put in as DLC.

He prefers the former. I mean, look at the DLC polls and look at how many deconfirmed characters ranked up there? Unless you're Ridley, if you were an assist trophy in 4, nobody really thought you were getting out of there.
I kinda really hope this rule is broken in this game. For all the "rules" that have been broken this one still holds up and, I dunno, I love seeing a wrench getting thrown into the speculation scene. Freshens it up a bit.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Hopefully, we can get some Xenoblade Chronicles remixes.
I love You Will Know Our Names and Mechanical Rhythm as much as the next guy, but PLEASE. ANYTHING ELSE.
WE'RE STUCK ON A WHOLE DIFFERENT PLANET

NineS

Smash Lord
If Steve is playable in Smash, has anyone considered what he would actually look like? Considering how stiff and emotionless he usually is...
Unless he ends up like this eldritch horror:

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I kinda really hope this rule is broken in this game. For all the "rules" that have been broken this one still holds up and, I dunno, I love seeing a wrench getting thrown into the speculation scene. Freshens it up a bit.
Oh you can bet your ass I've wanted this stupid rule broken for ten long years.
Lyn Assist Trophy.png

However, pessimist that I am, I don't see it being broken, at least not with Sakurai as head.
Especially when stuff like this exists:
Waluigi.png

Ouch, Sakurai.
Ouch.

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
If Steve is playable in Smash, has anyone considered what he would actually look like? Considering how stiff and emotionless he usually is...
Unless he ends up like this eldritch horror:
I have a 2 letter word I would like to use to express my feelings on this photo.

No.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I agree. Assists are like the step right before playability. It doesn't seem fair to disclude them from DLC when many of the most popular characters end up there. It's not like Sakurai is planning DLC when making assists, he's just trying to represent as many characters in the game as possible. He sees it as an honor. I don't see Sakurai going "Oh, I'd like to add this character... too bad their an assist!" If he really wants to add a character, he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom