• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
I refuse to let this Jonneh guy just take my hopes and dreams and launch them into the stratosphere like this.

...It's way too early. lol
The only reason I do not trust him is because of his name. "Jonneh." Is that a ridiculous spelling of Jonah or Johnny? Either way, totally not credible.

IronTed

Smash Ace
The only reason I do not trust him is because of his name. "Jonneh." Is that a ridiculous spelling of Jonah or Johnny? Either way, totally not credible.
The weird thing is, in a thread a while back he wasn't even totally sure how to pronounce his name.

This really bothers me

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
If Ridley is confirmed, imagine the hype from almost everyone.

And most importantly, Shokio's reaction. :troll:
I had the feeling someone would bring up Shokio.

Especially given his countless Ridley videos pre-Smash 4.

Morbi

Scavenger
I had the feeling someone would bring up Shokio.

Especially given his countless Ridley videos pre-Smash 4.
I had to check to see if he even still made videos. He should seriously get back on the train to explain why Ridley is too big again. I think I forgot his reasoning. With the new ten minute monetization, it would work out quite well for him. He could even make a second video about it, and a third. Just like old times!

D

Deleted member

I will never forget the time when I tagged Shokio during Ridley's final day in the original Smash 4 pre-release edition of Rate Their Chances.

He then proceed to give a big, fat 0.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The sad part of this story is that while people are still complaining about Ridley's size, he's nowhere near as gigantic as Super Mario Odyssey's Ruined Dragon. And of course, someone else makes Ridley look tiny as well...

For those who are curious, I was able to save some of my favorite Miiverse drawings before the service closed. This one was made by Shinru202.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I will never forget the time when I tagged Shokio during Ridley's final day in the original Smash 4 pre-release edition of Rate Their Chances.

He then proceed to give a big, fat 0.
I miss the Rate Their Chances thread. Any hope of it returning for this smash?

D

Deleted member

I'm calling it now. Smashboards will crash.
In fact Ridley's news will be so big, Ridley will pop out of my laptop. Well.. Ridley would hopefully let me lick him whole. :troll:
I get the feeling that Smashboards won't be the only website: I'm half-expecting Twitter to crash too!
YouTube as well. SmashBoards, Twitter and YouTube... GONE!
The problem was not Ridley being TOO BIG.

But, Sakurai's heart being two sizes too small.

View attachment 138628
What if Sakurai's heart is too big and different for Ridley? He did make all the Smash games and sacrificed his health and entertainment for us. Yet he is working on the other Smash game. I appreciate Sakurai a lot, hopefully he will let Ridley slide this time. It is all on the developers with Ridley, so we will see. I mean Queen Bee from Mario Galaxy to Mario Kart 7 had a size change, why not Ridley? It has been an interesting night.

Last edited by a moderator:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
A credible leak about Ridley being in Smash Switch? Sure, that seems like a decision Sakurai would do, but knowing this (if true) will kinda kill the impact and hype for me once the reveal trailer comes.

I will not even bother putting him in my prediction roster even if the leak turns out to be more true. In the case of Ridley, I will not believe until I see a playable official Ridley FROM Nintendo with my own two eyes. Ridley is almost like an ancient myth to me. Is Ridley even real?

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
OK, I think I caught up with everything these past few pages.

All I can say is it looks like the rumor has some plausibility and I hope it's true. If he defied all odds and got in this game I'd be ecstatic!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom