• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I had to check to see if he even still made videos. He should seriously get back on the train to explain why Ridley is too big again. I think I forgot his reasoning. With the new ten minute monetization, it would work out quite well for him. He could even make a second video about it, and a third. Just like old times!
Hell, I wouldn't mind him making a video just for the leak and bringing up his biggest highlights.

That would be a trip back to memory lane.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
A credible leak about Ridley being in Smash Switch? Sure, that seems like a decision Sakurai would do, but knowing this (if true) will kinda kill the impact and hype for me once the reveal trailer comes.

I will not even bother putting him in my prediction roster even if the leak turns out to be more true. In the case of Ridley, I will not believe until I see a playable official Ridley FROM Nintendo with my own two eyes. Ridley is almost like an ancient myth to me.
Very true, I can't even begin to fathom if Ridley managed to catch people off guard, it'd be anarchy.

For what it's worth this "leak" hasn't spread much at all (yet), so there's still a chance most stay in the dark.

Assuming it's true.

I play Ridley, I turn Charizard purple.

That works right? :troll:
Smash has too many dragons.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Fat Ridley with stumpy wings in trailer confronts Samus.

Fat Ridley revealed to be King K. Rool in a Ridley costume.

Fat Ridley Rool dive-bombed by real Ridley.

Wow.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Fat Ridley with stumpy wings in trailer confronts Samus.

Fat Ridley revealed to be King K. Rool in a Ridley costume.

King K.Rool revealed to be Lord Fredrik in King K.Rool costume.

Blows horn aggressively.
I've made it more realistic I think.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
:4charizard: isn't a dragon. On the other hand, :4corrinf: is one.
Charizard is clearly based on a freaking dragon. I don't care what its type is outside of a mega evolution, it's a dragon.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Alright then...so I see this leak has gained more credibility. This is pretty interesting news to say the least.

Now, I'll be the first one to say that we should celebrate with hype. Ridley is a big deal to a lot of fans, and if he's in this could be a pretty damn big turning point in speculation for Smash as a series. Nobody seems to have ever been so desired by fans moreso than Ridley.

But please...and this may be why I'm considered the "Old Man" around these parts (at least I'm commonly called Old Man Jones from the Wii U days)...it may also be because after working with teenagers on a daily basis, as a teacher (and as a teacher, also a role model, counselor, etc) it absolutely breaks my heart to see people get upset over things they're disappointed by...please be sure to not take any of this at face value. If you convince yourselves now that there's no way this is untrue, and it turns out to be untrue, there's going to be a whole lot of hurt around here.

I'd hate to see something like that happen...again.

Nevertheless, I'm excited! Just, again, stay the course and take it with a grain of salt until we see undeniable proof (otherwise known as gameplay footage with UI and everything...ESRB leak type stuff)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I look forward to Ridley, because he is interesting and I want to lick a statue of him for Ridley in Smash Brothers. :troll:
Alright then...so I see this leak has gained more credibility. This is pretty interesting news to say the least.

Now, I'll be the first one to say that we should celebrate with hype. Ridley is a big deal to a lot of fans, and if he's in this could be a pretty damn big turning point in speculation for Smash as a series. Nobody seems to have ever been so desired by fans moreso than Ridley.

But please...and this may be because I'm considered the "Old Man" around these parts (at least I'm commonly called Old Man Jones from the Wii U days)...it may also be because after working with teenagers it absolutely breaks my heart to see people get upset over things they're disappointed by...please be sure to not take any of this at face value. If you convince yourselves now that there's no way this is untrue, and it turns out to be untrue, there's going to be a whole lot of hurt around here.

Nevertheless, I'm excited! Just, again, stay the course and take it with a grain of salt until we see undeniable proof (otherwise known as gameplay footage with UI and everything...ESRB leak type stuff)
I know that this leak is not 100% true, but I am crossing my fingers. I am excited to see Ridley in Smash Brothers. Ridley does offer nice move-set potential as well and as I said, Metroid needs more representation other than Samus and Zero Suit Samus. The size can be an issue, but hey.... lets see if they can pull it off. I agree with your post 100%.

Last edited by a moderator:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I swear you used to hang with us in the old PotD thread where we pushed 200+ a night with an additional 200 guests.
You remember everyone that was there?

I honestly remember like 35 people. And thats half by avatar.
Or at laeast it used to be.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

But please...and this may be because I'm considered the "Old Man" around these parts (at least I'm commonly called Old Man Jones from the Wii U days)...it may also be because after working with teenagers it absolutely breaks my heart to see people get upset over things they're disappointed by...please be sure to not take any of this at face value. If you convince yourselves now that there's no way this is untrue, and it turns out to be untrue, there's going to be a whole lot of hurt around here.

Good advice!

Hope for the best and anticipate the worst. Stay flexible.

Nobody seems to have ever been so desired by fans moreso than Ridley.
:sonic: tho

It may have only been in full swing from 2006-07, but it was overwhelming. :x

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I loved playing on the Ridley stage with purple Yoshi and purple Charizard and it looking like an evolutionary line of Pokemon.

Last edited:

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
do you guys think people will finally stop including shulk as one of the third party smash characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom