• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IronTed

Smash Ace
Jonneh was one of the people hinting at Smash in the direct.

Also Tennis Aces if I believe, but I havent actually seen the post and im playing telephone at this point
:061:
The Aces post is buried in that massive direct hype thread from January. So yeah, unless someone has a screenshot, don't expect to find it easily.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Truthfully, Isabelle just doesn't spell fighter material to me. She's probably better off sticking with her assist trophy role.
While you can say that (It's perfectly valid), I disagree. I think a lot of characters that don't seem like a fighter can still become one in smash, just due to the nature of smash itself. Isabelle is one of the characters I think will become playable.

(I do believe there is a certain threshold that this does matter, as I can't see a Nintendog playable anytime soon. That's literally beating a realistic puppy.)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
(I do believe there is a certain threshold that this does matter, as I can't see a Nintendog playable anytime soon. That's literally beating a realistic puppy.)
Funny that you'd say that, since Smash 3DS / Wii U has Duck Hunt. But at least the dog and duck are fictional characters.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Truthfully, Isabelle just doesn't spell fighter material to me. She's probably better off sticking with her assist trophy role.
While I could see a clumsy fighter style(think Colette from Tales of Symphonia), my issue is that she's an assist person. It's what she does. I also cannot really get behind trying to attack her at all. It just feels wrong. I feel the Assist Trophy role perfectly fits her personality and represents her well.

Though I can understand finding her the best secondary AC choice. Most promoted, etc.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Remember when Sakurai said Melee was the last Smash game?

Then Brawl?

Then 4?

Yeah this man isn't going anywhere.
No I don't.

I think I remember him saying something like making them as if they were the last. Even then I can't remember where I originally read that.

The Aces post is buried in that massive direct hype thread from January. So yeah, unless someone has a screenshot, don't expect to find it easily.
Lol found it
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3140394/

Jonneh said:
This Direct is going to be Aces
. . .I also may have done some twitter stalking to try and find where they hinted at Captain Toad on Switch and 3DS
There was a problem fetching the tweet

WHOOPS

Chron

Smash Journeyman
While I could see a clumsy fighter style(think Colette from Tales of Symphonia), my issue is that she's an assist person. It's what she does. I also cannot really get behind trying to attack her at all. It just feels wrong. I feel the Assist Trophy role perfectly fits her personality and represents her well.

Though I can understand finding her the best secondary AC choice. Most promoted, etc.
FELICIA

Ren Amamiya

Smash Apprentice
You know, changing the topic a little bit...
I really want some music from Mario Strikers Charged to make it in Smash.
JUST HEAR LUIGI'S THEME.

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
Lol found it
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3140394/

. . .I also may have done some twitter stalking to try and find where they hinted at Captain Toad on Switch and 3DS
There was a problem fetching the tweet

WHOOPS
"We'll come back to this"
Wow, so ummm...I'm just gonna go ahead and hit that follow button just in case.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
The general rule is the bigger your franchise is, the more characters it will have to represent it.

In SSB 64, 50% (6) of the 12 playable characters were from Mario and its spin-offs or from Pokemon, reflecting that they were Nintendo's two biggest franchises at the time.

By the release of Melee, Zelda had become bigger for the first time in years, so it was given more reps. So, 15 of 25 (60%) in Melee (counting Zelda and Sheik as one) were from Mario and its spin-offs, Pokemon, or Zelda.

In Brawl, Star Fox and Kirby became the latest franchises to have more than 2 reps. 22 of 35 slots on the character select screen, a staggering 63%, went to characters from Mario and its spin-offs, Pokemon, Zelda, Star Fox, and Kirby.

In SSB4, after DLC was taken into account, 6 franchises had 3 or more reps (in order from most to least): Mario and its spin-offs, Pokemon, Fire Emblem (which had become really big by 2014), Zelda (where Zelda and Sheik became separate), Kid Icarus (which also became big), and Kirby. These 34 characters account for 59% of the 58-character playable roster.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I don't think you can complain about the Pokemon who are based on inorganic materials though; you can't really be charged for animal cruelty if you're attacking a rock.
Tell that to PETA.

I'm sure at some point they'll campaign against pet rocks and the pet owning propaganda they represent.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't think you can complain about the Pokemon who are based on inorganic materials though; you can't really be charged for animal cruelty if you're attacking a rock.
I am no legal expert on the world of Pokemon, but I have a feeling attacking random creatures regardless of whether or not it is an ice cream cone is against Officer Jenny's code of conduct, at the very least.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If Ridley is confirmed, imagine the hype from almost everyone.

And most importantly, Shokio's reaction. :troll:

AadmM

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-6988-1941-7966
I refuse to let this Jonneh guy just take my hopes and dreams and launch them into the stratosphere like this.

...It's way too early. lol

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
I really don’t care about Ridley but in the case he does get confirmed, the Cult of Ridley would finally be rewarded for their perseverance. If not then...these “leakers” played you like a fiddle again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom