• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So here's how things stand now. Ryce didn't hear anything directly, he was working off what others had heard. Who knows what Emily has or hasn't heard, her comments aren't public to my knowledge.

So some staff at resetera heard about Ridley, clearly some other notable staff believe them, but no one explicitly has said anything publicly. Just a couple "hints" and, ostensibly, some comments that weren't meant to be spread.

Also memoryman is probably in trouble.

Last edited:

IronTed

Smash Ace
So here's how things stand now. Ryce didn't hear anything directly, he was working off what others had heard. Who knows what Emily has or hasn't heard, her comments aren't public to my knowledge.

So some staff at resetera heard about Ridley, clearly some other notable staff believe them, but no one explicitly has said anything publicly. Just a couple "hints" and, ostensibly, some comments that weren't meant to be spread.

Also memoryman is probably in trouble.
Hmm, unfortunate for those misrepresented. Hopefully everything gets clarified soon.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Honestly, I'm surprised that the boards haven't crashed lately.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The claims are still out there, from multiple higher-ups at resetera, they just didn't come from Ryce. Seemingly he believes them though.

I imagine they didn't want any of this spread at all.
So, there are still credible insiders who said Ridley will probably be in Smash 5 as a playable character?

Morbi

Scavenger
REASONS FOR RIDLEY

1. Sakurai has changed his mind on characters he ruled out from Smash.

2. Sakurai loves challenges.
• If someone tells him he can't make Ridley work, then he'll make Ridley work.

3. This one really might be Sakurai's last game after making two nearly back to back.
Nah, Sakurai will forever be chained to Smash. He can say what he wants, but until he needs assistive care, and even after that, most likely, he will be developing Smash content.

IronTed

Smash Ace
The claims are still out there, from multiple higher-ups at resetera, they just didn't come from Ryce. Seemingly he believes them though.

Yeah, they typically leak things just prior to the announcement, not months in advance. The insane direct thread they had in January is an example of why.

The leak isnt dead just because people got the source wrong.

ERA staff hints would not have changed.
EDIT: Fixed for accuracy
:061:

Last edited:

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013

Maybe it's just me but from how I read it, it sounds like he doesn't believe it by him stating "this topic really shouldn't exist."
Not just that he shouldn't be a part of it but that it shouldn't have been created.

Morbi

Scavenger
Maybe it's just me but from how I read it, it sounds like he doesn't believe it by him stating "this topic really shouldn't exist."
Not just that he shouldn't be a part of it but that it shouldn't have been created.
That has nothing to do with it. He just meant it should never have been leaked.

AadmM

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-6988-1941-7966
Literally all Nintendo needs to win E3 this year is a closeup of Ridley's eyeball with a Smash symbol in the middle.

Forget the rest of him.

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
Is Jonneh credible for any correct leaks btw? If I'm understanding correctly, Ryce is for the SFV and MvC:I leaks unless I'm getting those 2 mixed up.

That has nothing to do with it. He just meant it should never have been leaked.
I completely mistook what he said then if that's the case.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So, there are still credible insiders who said Ridley will probably be in Smash 5 as a playable character?
"There's been way too much subtle insider rumbling for it to be nothing" is how Ryce put it. Speculative it might be, but there'd be no reason for him to lie in a private chat, especially when other higher ups are already making hints publicly. Do with that as you will.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
"There's been way too much subtle insider rumbling for it to be nothing" is how Ryce put it. Speculative it might be, but there'd be no reason for him to lie in a private chat, especially when other higher ups are already making hints publicly. Do with that as you will.
A simple yes or no, followed by a full sentence for either, would have sufficed. But, based on what you said, the insiders other than RYCE can be either wrong or right about Ridley. I would still be surprised if Ridley made it in if this were true.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
However he did admit that was him speculating, thereby perhaps accidentally confirming he wrote those messages and they weren't doctored.

And in those messages he seems to believe it. Frankly I'd rather believe the ones he wrote in confidence than what he says after leaking a leak leaked, but of course, the claims themselves may end up being bogus.

So like always, grain of salt and patience.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Remember when Sakurai said Melee was the last Smash game?

Then Brawl?

Then 4?

Yeah this man isn't going anywhere.

Is Jonneh credible for any correct leaks btw? If I'm understanding correctly, Ryce is for the SFV and MvC:I leaks unless I'm getting those 2 mixed up.
Jonneh was one of the people hinting at Smash in the direct.

Also Tennis Aces if I believe, but I havent actually seen the post and im playing telephone at this point
:061:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom